Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 08:18 AM   #1
Earning My Ears
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rotherham, South yorkshire, England
Posts: 40

7 month/11 month booking

Hi all, i not a member yet but i soon intend to be. My question is this i think Disney will be selling BLT when i decide to buy but me and my family love the AKV, has anyone had any problems booking 7 months out at any resort ?
scott236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
Earning My Ears
Mosleymouse's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Romford, Essex. Uk
Posts: 54

You should find that Disney are still selling AKV and BLT so you have a choice. If your family like AKV more than BLT buy at AKV. It is a good rule to buy where you want to stay not look at changing at the 7month window. Finally ask yourself this, if you buy BLT will you be happy if you don't get into AKV at 7months and also use more points staying at BLT?

We bought at SSR then added-on at AKV as we like both.

Hope this helps.
Mosleymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-20-2010, 01:38 AM   #3
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Coventry
Posts: 228

Never failed yet and we can only go in school term times.

Have just changed my SSR home resport to BLT for 1 week in the summer (2 bed LV) and also for 9 days at AKL (2 Bed SV)

As long as you ring up on the day of the 7 months then I doubt you will ever struggle. I am not sure about people who have tried to switch later.

3 Weeks, Quality Inn, International Drive 2000
3 Weeks, All Star Movies 2003
2 Weeks, SSR 2004

3 Weeks, Cruise, Hard Rock and SSR Aug 2006
3 Weeks, AKL, BWV and SSR Aug 2008
3 Weeks, BLT, Villa, AKL Aug 2010
3 Weeks, BWV, Villa, SSR Aug 2013
spm23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:43 AM   #4
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Warrington, UK
Posts: 108

I have literally just put the phone down after changing from a 2 bedroom at SSR to a 2 bedroom at the Beach Club for 5 nights in August. Today is exactly seven months and I could have got the Boardwalk or Bay Lake if I wanted. Well chuffed !!
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:24 AM   #5
I support "addonitis"
Jason@dvcstore's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,012

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Originally Posted by spm23 View Post
As long as you ring up on the day of the 7 months then I doubt you will ever struggle. I am not sure about people who have tried to switch later.
If you do call right at 7 months you shouldn't run into many problems. I own at Old Key West and have been able to make reservations at Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge, Bay Lake Tower and Beach Club Villas. Sometimes, of course, the days I want are not available except at Saratoga Springs and Old Key West.

Best of luck in your decision.

Jason@dvcstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:19 AM   #6
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 262

I tried to get a reservation at any of the Epcot resorts at 7 months on the dot for early Dec and ended up with 3 days at SSR. Rest were at the Boardwalk.

Wedgeh is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Booked Tour Groups in Baltic -- UPDATED RedSox68 Disney Cruise Line Forum 2 01-21-2010 02:30 PM
2010 Orlando Entertainment Book greenclan67 Orlando Hotels and Attractions 15 01-12-2010 01:46 PM
HOJO - Question about taxes on booking Mazzy Disneyland (California) 7 01-12-2010 07:39 AM
Book now and link later? kerrianne Disney Cruise Line Forum 2 01-12-2010 07:30 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.