Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 02:44 PM   #676
IndianaSPEED
Earning My Ears

I'm very excited to hear that the Robocoaster Company will be working with Universal for the new Harry Potter attraction. I'm not a fan of Harry Potter but being able to ride something "new" and "exciting" will always tickle my fancy. I just hope that it is not a full simulator like The Simpson's Ride or a Motion Theater Ride like Soarin at EPCOT. I hope it will utilize Robocoaster's G3 Systems due to its actual "rollercoaster" elements.

Can't wait to go to Universal this year!
Old 01-19-2010, 02:50 PM   #677
ChrisFL
Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

I know for a fact that it has scenes that it travels through, like Spiderman

Disney Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2010, 03:44 PM   #678
ky07
Proud Redhead
Earning My Globe •o•
Yeah and we all are trying to get together

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
I know for a fact that it has scenes that it travels through, like Spiderman
Not really a potter fan but if they do something simular to spiderman with it then I will give it a try
Old 01-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #679
csmommy
DIS Veteran
Believes that every time you hear or see the word Disney a Tag Fairy gets their wings

From My Starwood Newsletter

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Arrives in Orlando This Spring
Newest Area at Universal's Islands of Adventure Is 'Magical'

Hogwarts castle at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
© 2010 Universal Orlando Resort. All Rights Reserved.
Are you wondering what to expect when The Wizarding World of Harry Potter opens at Universal's Islands of Adventure® this spring? The themed area will comprise 20 acres of the 100-acre park, so get prepared by making your reservation at one of your two Orlando resorts and brushing up on a few attraction factoids:

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey within Hogwarts castle is a state-of-the-art attraction that brings the stories to life

Hogwarts Express will billow steam and whistle, signaling its arrival into Hogsmeade Station

Dragon Challenge is a twin high-speed roller coaster with elements from the Triwizard Tournament (formerly Dueling Dragons®)

Honeydukes is a sweet shop selling Chocolate Frogs and Bertie Bott's Every-Flavour Beans

You can taste Butterbeer, pumpkin juice and traditional British fare at Three Broomsticks and Hog's Head pub

Zonko's joke shop will have Extendable Ears, Boxing Telescopes and Sneakosnopes

Owls roost and await their next delivery at The Owlery, while the Owl Post sends letters with a certified Hogsmeade postmark

The wand will choose the wizard at Ollivanders wand shop

Dervish and Banges will display the latest in magical instruments and equipment

Flight of the Hippogriff is a family coaster simulating a Hippogriff training flight (formerly The Flying Unicorn)

Filch's Emporium of Confiscated Goods is full of Ministry of Magic and magical creatures merchandise

"I thought that Timothy, our 4-year-old, would love to send a letter from the Owl Post so that he could see the official Hogsmeade postmark," said Starwood Vacation Owner Dennis Wong, who took an exclusive tour of the attraction in late 2009. "And 18-month-old Christopher couldn't take his eyes off of the Hogwarts Express train, which will greet guests as they enter Hogsmeade.

2013 ~ 7/28-8/6 split BCV & VWL
2012 ~ 5/24 - 5/28 BWV DS 17th
2011 ~ 8/9-8/17 AKVJH & BLT
2010 ~ 8/7-14 WWOPP
2009 ~ 8/13-22 split AKVK & BCV
2007 ~ split OKW & BW
2005 ~ split AKLJH & Swan
2000 ~ POFQ
1992 ~ POFQ ~ no kids yet
1990 ~ off site
Old 01-19-2010, 06:28 PM   #680
TaylorsDad
DIS Veteran

If it is even anything remotely like spiderman, it will be a must do ride for me. No doubt it will be spectacular whatever kind of ride it is. IMHO very few rides at IOA disappoint.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:15 PM   #681
Poly-Anna
Mouseketeer

Ready4mouse I'm with you!

We haven't been to Universal in 3 years, so I was just happy to go this May whether or not HP was open. But the more I read and the more pictures I see are all adding it to the hype and making it necessary that HP be open. I can't wait!
Old 01-19-2010, 08:11 PM   #682
yaytezIOA
ioacentralveteran

If you havent been, this is the year to go..Rockit and biggest of all, whatever replaces Fear Factor! Kidding.
Here is info on who the villain could be. Pretty in depth, and it has some info to back it up, so if you dont like spoilers, beware.
*should be fixed now.

Last edited by yaytezIOA; 01-20-2010 at 05:12 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:33 PM   #683
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaytezIOA View Post
If you havent been, this is the year to go..Rockit and biggest of all, whatever replaces Fear Factor! Kidding.
Here is a bit of information on who the bad guy COULD be. Pretty in depth, and it has some info to back it up, so if you dont like spoilers, beware.
Apparently someone else must have read that because I can't get the story to load. Perhaps it's just my computer.
I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Old 01-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #684
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead
What ever ya do try it, you wont be disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hattered View Post
Apparently someone else must have read that because I can't get the story to load. Perhaps it's just my computer.
It won't open for me also!!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:30 PM   #685
ChrisFL
Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

The story loads for me...I know there was one of the big snake heads from the Chamber of Secrets that showed up on one of the photos someone took a few months ago.

Disney Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS
Old 01-19-2010, 09:52 PM   #686
yaytezIOA
ioacentralveteran

Double checked the link. Loads here too.
Yeah, thats where the deduction comes from I think. The snake heads, the reel of footage. The character in it....gotta be him. Be kind of weird if its not.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:05 PM   #687
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Guys, if you can't read it, head over to Orlando United. They've been discussing it there for a few days.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:07 AM   #688
honeybee8200
Mouseketeer

As the snow goes, movie wise, it wouldn't be Hogsmead without it. They could have gone without it for the uber HP geeks like myself that have read all the books. Either way, I think they have done an excellent job so far by the looks of the pictures.

I've said it once and I'll say it as many times as I can, I can't wait for it to open and for us to go! I will have to work extra hard and save every penny I can because I will want everything!

Hopefully the true open date will come soon and I can get details from those going before me. Prices, menus, pictures.

Finally going on our first ever family vacation. Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, SeaWorld, Magic Kingdom and Free Dining*ugrading to Deluxe Dining*! Sounds like heaven to me.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:23 AM   #689
susiesk
Earning My Ears

I'm with you Honeybee! I have been completely relying on everyone elses experience to help me plan our first trip to Universal and WDW this summer and the WWoHP is the only thing that I haven't been able to really plan yet.

I hope to hear lots of great tips before June!

1st trip June 1-9, 2010
Old 01-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #690
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Mookie, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: