Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael
 
dismagiclover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,071

Mrs. Darling's 2010 Half Marathon Trip:Yes, it does snow at Disney World

to my latest trip report. For those of you unfamiliar with any of my previous adventures you can check out my last trip report here
The Darling Family June Beach Club Trip: Hugging Ewoks and Finding Peter Pan

This trip report has a much shorter cast of characters and a much shorter duration, but it was definitely an adventure. So without further delay I’ll introduce our limited cast:

Mrs Darling (that’s me and you can call me Jenny). I’m now a 38 year old mostly SAHM that loves all things Disney (except maybe Hannah Montana). I also dabble in running and one of my favorite things is combining the two. I “ran” the Disneyland Half Marathon in 2007 and this trip was planned so I could “run” the Disney World Half Marathon.



Mrs. Disney (but we can call her Liz). My great friend that used to be my great neighbor. She left me a few years back, but I’ve long since forgiven her for that oversight. She is a huge Disney lover too and we’ve been lucky enough to meet up in Disney World three times since she moved far, far away. I planted the seed in her head of running in Disney way back in 2007 when I did the Disneyland Half. She started running herself a little less than a year ago. She then took me up on my promise that if she ever ran the Disney World half I’d come run it with her. (Of course that was a promise I was thrilled to keep.) She took to running right away and as you will see as the report progresses the student has overtaken the instructor. (Not that I was ever a great instructor.) Hopefully she will pop in regularly and tell ya'll the real story



The final cast members play very minor rolls that involve voices only (sometimes they come from the cell phone and sometimes they are just in my head.) If you read my summer trip report you’re familiar with the ones I left behind. DH (he’s not Peter this trip because he is nowhere near Disney World), Wendy, John, and Michael. This is the whole family last summer.


The Plan:
This was a quick weekend trip with the sole purpose of getting our Donald Duck medals though we did fit some other fun in. I’d rented some DVC points for the weekend at a Bay Lake Towers studio and we’d decided on the Deluxe Dining Plan. We figured it would be OK to splurge on a weekend that we ran 13.1 miles. Our reservations were made and we were ready to go.

So let the good times roll!!!


Day 1: The Journey
Bay Lake Tower Arrival
The Expo and the Tyvek Man
A California Grill Birthday Dinner
Night Night

Day 2: The Marshmallow Gang
Will we ever get to the Magic Kingdom?
A Sad Parting
Racing Up Main Street
Blazing our way through the Magic Kingdom
Heroes
This Race is On (for one of us anyway)
Epcot Here I Come
The Big Finish
It's Freezing Out Here!
Liberty Tree Character Lunch
A Magic Kingdom Afternoon
Our Celebration Dinner at the Castle
The Day Finally Ends

Day 3: Goodbye Bay Lake Tower
The End

Final Thoughts

Last edited by dismagiclover; 02-02-2011 at 01:04 PM.
dismagiclover is offline  
Old 01-14-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!
 
liznboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 8,588

I am here girlfriend!!!!!

And I forgive you for putting that huge, half-blinking picture of me in your first post!!

This will be fun, am I spoiling anything with my signature pictures?
liznboys is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-14-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael
 
dismagiclover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys View Post
I am here girlfriend!!!!!

And I forgive you for putting that huge, half-blinking picture of me in your first post!!

This will be fun, am I spoiling anything with my signature pictures?
OK I changed the picture! After I get your CD I'll put that cute picture in the far right of your siggy up. I don't think of your signature as spoiling, I think of it as previews
dismagiclover is offline  
Old 01-14-2010, 12:59 PM   #4
cjackearl
DIS Veteran
 
cjackearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 1,909

I'm here!! You two are so darling it makes me (almost) want to drop this cup of cocoa I'm holding and start jogging. NOT! Can't wait to hear the details, especially about BLT.
__________________
cjackearl is offline  
Old 01-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #5
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!
 
liznboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 8,588

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
OK I changed the picture! After I get your CD I'll put that cute picture in the far right of your siggy up. I don't think of your signature as spoiling, I think of it as previews
You silly girl! I was perfectly FINE with being the ugly step-sister in your Cinderella TR!!
(Really, I was fine with the pic, it actually made me laugh because it showcased what dh and I refer to as my "gimpy eye" that blinks more than the other one! LMBO! cracks us up.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
I'm here!! You two are so darling it makes me (almost) want to drop this cup of cocoa I'm holding and start jogging. NOT! Can't wait to hear the details, especially about BLT.
oh my......that was so funny!
liznboys is offline  
Old 01-14-2010, 01:09 PM   #6
Dolce27
It's kind of hard to ride with someone when your on vacation by yourself
I knew that impulsive decision would come back to haunt me!
 
Dolce27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,888

... sneeking in.
__________________
Dolce27 is offline  
Old 01-14-2010, 02:33 PM   #7
Angies1274
DIS Veteran
 
Angies1274's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northern New York
Posts: 2,376

Yay!! I'm here too!! Can't wait to read about your adventure to the world!!!!
__________________
Angie (me) DH DS14 DS11
WDW trips-- (POP Century)--April 2008,April & August 2009,April 2010,July 2012


Angies1274 is offline  
Old 01-14-2010, 02:35 PM   #8
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael
 
dismagiclover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
I'm here!! You two are so darling it makes me (almost) want to drop this cup of cocoa I'm holding and start jogging. NOT! Can't wait to hear the details, especially about BLT.
I'm glad you're with me! BLT is a beautiful place with a fabulous location! (It didn't cause me to give up my Beach Club love though.)


Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys View Post
You silly girl! I was perfectly FINE with being the ugly step-sister in your Cinderella TR!!
I think I may be the ugly Stepsister. Check out your signature! You are the one with the Fairy Godmother


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolce27 View Post
... sneeking in.
No need to sneak. Make all the noise you want. And congrats on finishing the marathon I read your report on Sandy's thread. Someday I want to be you. I'm thinking maybe next year.
dismagiclover is offline  
Old 01-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #9
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael
 
dismagiclover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Yay!! I'm here too!! Can't wait to read about your adventure to the world!!!!
Another old summer trip report buddy! I'm glad you're here! This trip was much colder than our last trips
dismagiclover is offline  
Old 01-14-2010, 02:48 PM   #10
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!
 
liznboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 8,588

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
I think I may be the ugly Stepsister. Check out your signature! You are the one with the Fairy Godmother
LOL Yeah but YOU got the Prince!
liznboys is offline  
Old 01-14-2010, 07:34 PM   #11
Dolce27
It's kind of hard to ride with someone when your on vacation by yourself
I knew that impulsive decision would come back to haunt me!
 
Dolce27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,888

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
No need to sneak. Make all the noise you want. And congrats on finishing the marathon I read your report on Sandy's thread. Someday I want to be you. I'm thinking maybe next year.
Everyone that I met on here (pre-race) was doing the half. I'm on a mission to convert all of you to the full for the 2011. Come on over!! I see that the dates are announced. I'd sign up today but Disney currently has all of my money. I'm going to have wait a couple of months before I can fork over some more.

I know that you were on Sandy's preTR some, but I don't know if you ever read my full background. I started running last August. Started. I did a 1/2 marathon on Nov. 1 and now a full marathon (although, as you know, I had to walk 1/2 of it due to injury) on Jan 10.

You can sooooo do the full for 2011 if you really want to. You already have a half under your belt and a full year to maintain and then buildup for the full.
__________________
Dolce27 is offline  
Old 01-14-2010, 09:11 PM   #12
Ellester
DIS Veteran
 
Ellester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 1,502

I'm in! Looking forward to hearing about your experiences with the Deluxe Plan. I think running a 1/2 marathon definitely deserves some celebratory dining!
Ellester is offline  
Old 01-15-2010, 03:21 AM   #13
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip
 
Stefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 4,497

I'm in and looking forward to reading.

Well done to both of your for completing the Marathon, I heard that it was not the best of temps but everyone had a great time
Stefy is offline  
Old 01-15-2010, 08:36 AM   #14
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael
 
dismagiclover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolce27 View Post
Everyone that I met on here (pre-race) was doing the half. I'm on a mission to convert all of you to the full for the 2011. Come on over!! I see that the dates are announced. I'd sign up today but Disney currently has all of my money. I'm going to have wait a couple of months before I can fork over some more.

I know that you were on Sandy's preTR some, but I don't know if you ever read my full background. I started running last August. Started. I did a 1/2 marathon on Nov. 1 and now a full marathon (although, as you know, I had to walk 1/2 of it due to injury) on Jan 10.

You can sooooo do the full for 2011 if you really want to. You already have a half under your belt and a full year to maintain and then buildup for the full.
I can't believe you started running in August and did a marathon in January No wonder you had IT band issues. That is just amazing. I'm planning on the full next January. I'll make my reservations on Feb. 6 when the 11 month window opens up. Boardwalk villas here we come! I won't officially register for a while because I too want to hold on to the money a little longer. I noticed on Sandy's report you're thinking of staying at BWI. Maybe we can ride the bus at the ungodly hour of 4 am together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellester View Post
I'm in! Looking forward to hearing about your experiences with the Deluxe Plan. I think running a 1/2 marathon definitely deserves some celebratory dining!
The Deluxe Dining was perfect for a 2 night trip with no kids in tow. We did a couple of 2 credit meals so we ended up eating 4 meals. One of those was absolute fabulous, but you'll have to wait to see where that was. I don't want to give up my secrets and lose any readers before I've really started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
I'm in and looking forward to reading.

Well done to both of your for completing the Marathon, I heard that it was not the best of temps but everyone had a great time
Another of my summer trip report friends! It feels like a reunion to hear from you again. How is life in my favorite city?
dismagiclover is offline  
Old 01-15-2010, 01:42 PM   #15
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran
 
PracPerfPatricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,467

Hey Jenny,

Subbing on...

Can't wait to hear all about the 1/2 marathon...You will be my inspiration as I aspire to do one someday...


PracPerfPatricia is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Baltimore BOT-Fest Theta Events/Competition 1465 12-27-2011 12:09 AM
Our girlie summer Vegas get-away (over and done with) mommaU4 Las Vegas 1255 07-21-2010 01:15 PM
AAA benefits, 2010 Psychodisney Disney Cruise Line Forum 36 05-17-2010 01:17 AM
Half Marathon - Train with me for Jan '11 - ...Shock - an update! 4/06! new pix Sandy321 Pre-Trip Reports and Plans 837 04-23-2010 10:32 PM
Official thread for the 2010 Princess 1/2 Marathon & 5k- REGSITRATION IS OPEN! Caitsmama Events/Competition 2026 03-29-2010 04:46 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.