Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2010, 09:02 AM   #151
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

WOW!! That's a lot of snow by Memphis standards!!! Our schools were closed last Thursday and we only got a dusting!! LOVE the pics of Lilian!! She is sooo cute putting on her makeup!!
Old 01-13-2010, 09:10 AM   #152
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Wow!!! Closing schools for a "dusting"! Here in Maine we don't usually have anything shut down until at least 8 inches of snow! But we also don't usually have the threats of tornadoes and other severe weather, so I guess we can deal with the snow! I remember being in Disney one time and there was a tornado watch and I started freaking out! Give me snow anyday!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #153
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Becky: it takes a lot for the schools to close here. They will take into account how safe it is for those walking to school (too cold, too much snow, etc) but they very rarely will close. It has to be blizzard like conditions normally. Although they did close for a few days when the area schools had an outbreak of H1N1 last spring.

Ann: I am use to threats of tornadoes, growing up in southern Indiana does that too you. However, I can say I still get really nervous depending on what the sky is looking like! Snow, I am getting a bit tired of it!!

We are looking at moving to North Carolina in a few years possibly--I think it will be such a treat but a BIG change for us.
September 2010 PTR

Old 01-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #154
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Epcot: Our Wishes, No Thank Yous and Sprinkles :)

So my last planning post I introduced the Our Wishes, No Thank Yous and Sprinkles posts. I am continuing on with them with our thoughts on EP.

Epcot is probably mine and DH’s favorite park. We really fell in love with it. When I was talking to our TA one day, I realized that part of it is because those we traveled with the first go around—this is their favorite park so we were always here. Maybe that has led to this? Nonetheless, we are planning on two days here. One solely devote to World Showcase, providing Lilian does well. The other day will be a little shorter, but will focus on Future World.

Epcot—World Showcase
Our Wishes:
Kidcot Stations, Grand Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros, American Adventure

No Thank Yous:
none that I can predict at the moment

Sprinkles:
Maelstrom (questioning whether Lilian will like this or not—never been on it. What do you all think?)

For the Thrill Seekers
Perhaps Maelstrom might fall into this but I am not sure

Epcot—Future World
Our Wishes:
Soarin’, Test Track, Nemo and Friends and the Aquariums in general, Spaceship Earth (I really do not think we did it the first go around, again b/c I don’t think the others like it), Turtle Talk with Crush, Living with the Land (I will go by myself if needed ), the jumping water fountain

No Thank Yous:
Honey I Shrunk the Audience

Sprinkles:
Innoventions, Circle of Life, Journey into the Imagination with Figment, Universe of Energy: Ellen’s Energy Adventure

For the Thrill Seekers:

Mission: Space

Epcot in General

Characters we will be looking forward to meeting:

Mary Poppins, Alice, Mulan, Princesses (we are planning Akershus’ Princess Storybook Breakfast) so Snow White, Sleeping Beauty/Rose/Aurora, Ariel and Belle

Are there others floating around that you know of and if so, where?

Extra things I will be looking forward to seeing:
I really want to take the time to look at the architecture if possible—of course that will depend on Lilian. I am especially thinking about the phone book in Great Britain.

Parades, Shows and Evening Entertainment
Illuminations is a definite must do on our list! I would like to hear the Voices of Liberty choral ensemble if we can time it right. Other entertainers, will depend on how the day is going.

Up Next: I thought I would post what Planning Tools I am using as well as Sheets I have created for my binder (which is going to be in a constant working state I am realizing ). I will also be continuing on with the Our Wishes, No Thank Yous and Sprinkles for AK and DHS.
September 2010 PTR

Old 01-13-2010, 06:39 PM   #155
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Hey! Steph
sorry I haven't been very good dissing buddy lately...I have to go back and catch up on a few pages but I'll be back...

BTW: Lilian looks so comfy in that last picture and the snow looks like loads of fun!!!!

Connie
Old 01-13-2010, 07:09 PM   #156
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Hey! Steph
sorry I haven't been very good dissing buddy lately...I have to go back and catch up on a few pages but I'll be back...

BTW: Lilian looks so comfy in that last picture and the snow looks like loads of fun!!!!

Connie
Hi Connie!

It's fine I know you are busy and heck, I am too. I have been a "ghost" more so on your PTR so I am there, without showing. Speaking of yours, I have not headed over there yet today. I better go do it why I am not distracted.
September 2010 PTR

Old 01-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #157
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Hi Stephanie! We've found Belle & the Beast in the UK and Jasmine and Aladdin in Morocco several times. It's kind of neat to get pics with the princess and her prince.
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
Old 01-13-2010, 07:20 PM   #158
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Oh and I had to share this: We have been talking and very open about going to Disney World with Lilian. I think for this first trip, I rather talk about it with her so she can have some sense about the trip. Well today, she saw a couple Disney World commercials and she looked at me and said "Mommy, I want to go to DISSSSNEEEEEE!!"

Awe I think she is really going to love it there
September 2010 PTR

Old 01-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #159
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Does Lilian scare easy? Because there's a big ugly troll in Maelstrom and it tends to be a little dark in there. I've seen some kids totally freak out and some completely fine! Just a forewarning!
Old 01-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #160
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Hi Stephanie! We've found Belle & the Beast in the UK and Jasmine and Aladdin in Morocco several times. It's kind of neat to get pics with the princess and her prince.
Thank you for the head's up Leanne!! I agree, it would be nice to get pictures of the princes too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Does Lilian scare easy? Because there's a big ugly troll in Maelstrom and it tends to be a little dark in there. I've seen some kids totally freak out and some completely fine! Just a forewarning!
You know Jenny, it honestly depends on her day! There are days where she will acted scared. I read on another boards to have light up toys for children on the dark rides, so I am thinking it will be something I am looking for before we go or perhaps a first purchase (besides her ears) when we get there. Hmmm.....I will have to think on it and just base it off how she does leading up to it. Thank you so much for the head's up!! I love the DISboards for all the great tips everyone gives.
September 2010 PTR

Old 01-14-2010, 02:33 PM   #161
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Lilian's a cover girl, so to speak. Our photographer put up new images on her website's home page. http://www.ejphotos.com/ Lilian is the second picture from the left. It is one of favorites from the session.
September 2010 PTR

Old 01-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #162
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Aw, she looks adorable!
Old 01-14-2010, 09:33 PM   #163
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

Hi there! I am subbing on to your PTR! So cool that this is your first trip! you seem to have a lot of good ideas and a binder! The binder is the disney bible lol! So excited to plan right along with you for the next 7.5 months
Old 01-16-2010, 12:18 AM   #164
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

This site will tell you about all the character meet and greets (places and general times)! Check it out!! http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/EPCOT.htm

We ran into Aladdin & Jasmine in Morocco and Pooh & friends in United Kingdom.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:36 PM   #165
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
Hi there! I am subbing on to your PTR! So cool that this is your first trip! you seem to have a lot of good ideas and a binder! The binder is the disney bible lol! So excited to plan right along with you for the next 7.5 months
Inkedupmomma to my PTR!! Thanks, I am having a great planning but still have lots to figure and make! Really, is Disney planning ever done? Glad you are along for the ride!
September 2010 PTR

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: