Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2010, 09:09 AM   #151
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlfromTN View Post
I called V&A today to find out about the new Queen Victoria room. The woman I spoke with seemed kind of confused about the new dining experience (since it doesn't begin until Feb 1). Either she is wrong, or the website is wrong. She said that every person will be charged $295, whether they want the wine pairings or not. She also said there is a set dining time for the Queen Victoria room (she thought it was 5:30 but was not sure). We won't be doing this if they force everyone to buy the wine pairings.
Woah, um, that's pretty expensive, per person, if you don't drink wine. Also, 530 is pretty much lunch time.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at the Beach Club!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #152
GirlfromTN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
Woah, um, that's pretty expensive, per person, if you don't drink wine. Also, 530 is pretty much lunch time.
Agreed. The woman told me that you'd pay $295 per person no matter what, just for "the experience of dining in the Queen Victoria room." This doesn't match up with what's on the website (website says $195 menu, with $95 wine pairings). Plus, when I ate in the Queen Victoria room in December, it was COLD (I was freezing all night), seemed far removed from the "action" of the main room, was not decorated as nicely (with holiday decorations), and we could not hear the harp music well.
Doesn't make much sense to me, b/c I am pretty sure that at the Chef's Table, the wine pairings are an optional add-on charge.
I also dislike the seating times at V&A (either very early, around 530, or very late, around 830 or 845). I am just kind of disappointed overall with V&A right now - it appears that they launched the new website without really figuring out the details of the Queen Victoria room, or making sure the website was correct, or that the reservation staff knew what was going on. Plus, they apparently have not changed the menu at ALL since early December. For a restaurant that supposedly serves seasonal foods, selected on a daily basis by the chef....not impressive.
Polynesian - March 2009
ABD Backstage Magic - June 2009
DCL Wonder 3 night Bahamas - December 2009
Tokyo Disney - March 2010
GirlfromTN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2010, 10:06 AM   #153
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post
Dumb question, but when does the reservation line open?
7am Eastern
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:07 AM   #154
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

$295 or $195? http://www.victoria-alberts.com/pdf/chef_qvrmenuf.pdf Lists it as $195 (Very bottom of the page)

ETA - I see that it's already been addressed. I missed the discussion when I was replying. :
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #155
mef78
How many days?

Queen Victoria's Room at V&A is for real!

This is so cool! I was hoping it wouldn't be just a myth. Now I just have to figure out what I'm ordering... and how we're paying for it... Queen Victoria's Room menu
May '02 offiste * May '03 AKL * Oct '03 CSR * May '04 POR * Oct '04 CSR * May '05 BCV * Oct '05 SSR * Dec '05 BWI * Jan '06 WL * May '06 AKL * Sept/Oct '06 PC/BCV * Dec '06 WL * Jan '07 CSR * Apr '07 BCV * June '07 BWI * Oct '07 BWV * Nov '07 WL * May '08 CSR * Sept '08 AKL * Feb '09 CR/WL * May '09 PC/YC * Sept/Oct '09 ASMo/CR * Feb '10 BC * April '10 SSR/BWI * Apr/May '10 DL Grand Calif * Sept/Oct '10 PC/BC * Dec '10 CSR

mef78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #156
Rip
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mef78 View Post
This is so cool! I was hoping it wouldn't be just a myth. Now I just have to figure out what I'm ordering... and how we're paying for it... Queen Victoria's Room menu
Going by their website, it seems like this is basically the chef's menu in a more elaborate setting. Am I missing something? We were able to get the same menu in the regular dining room.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:06 PM   #157
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Yeah, that's what I'm seeing - about half those courses I've already tried in the main dining room. I guess I was expecting them to serve something different.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #158
Rip
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Yeah, that's what I'm seeing - about half those courses I've already tried in the main dining room. I guess I was expecting them to serve something different.
Same here, you can already get the chef's menu in the regular dining room, so Im' not sure why getting it in this new room make it worth that much more.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:27 PM   #159
hoverpumpkin
Mouseketeer

Hm. It looks like the main difference is, there is somewhat more tableside preparation with Vicky's Room - so you get a little entertainment, yet it's more intimate than going for the Chef's Table.

However, I would NEVER pay that much just to see somebody flambe something that I could get more affordably just a room over. I think this is a case of Disney expecting people to pay more for perceived exclusivity (which, of course, some will).

If they were going to go through all the hassle of creating a new level of dining, I do wish they'd also done a different menu.
hoverpumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #160
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

It seems that just about everything on that menu is on the menu I just had in October. I was hoping there were a few new original items.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:10 PM   #161
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

But if you have to eat at 5:30pm, that throws the whole day off, halfway between lunch and dinner.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at the Beach Club!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #162
mef78
How many days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post
Same here, you can already get the chef's menu in the regular dining room, so Im' not sure why getting it in this new room make it worth that much more.
No kidding? Then what makes it special? I had no idea you could get the chef's menu in the regular dining room...
May '02 offiste * May '03 AKL * Oct '03 CSR * May '04 POR * Oct '04 CSR * May '05 BCV * Oct '05 SSR * Dec '05 BWI * Jan '06 WL * May '06 AKL * Sept/Oct '06 PC/BCV * Dec '06 WL * Jan '07 CSR * Apr '07 BCV * June '07 BWI * Oct '07 BWV * Nov '07 WL * May '08 CSR * Sept '08 AKL * Feb '09 CR/WL * May '09 PC/YC * Sept/Oct '09 ASMo/CR * Feb '10 BC * April '10 SSR/BWI * Apr/May '10 DL Grand Calif * Sept/Oct '10 PC/BC * Dec '10 CSR

mef78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:44 AM   #163
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I'm wondering which Servers have been trained...

Jack is my brother's best friend and is a CIA grad... I should ask and see if he's involved...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:21 AM   #164
Rip
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mef78 View Post
No kidding? Then what makes it special? I had no idea you could get the chef's menu in the regular dining room...
Yep, let them know when you make your reservation and again when they call 10 days out to confirm it. We did this in October. Personally, I'm going to try for the Chef's table next time for something different. If I can't get it, I may try this new room only because we are definitely going to get the wine pairings and the cost is only $5 more than the Chef's menu with the wine pairings, and I won't miss the additional $10.

If you aren't getting the wine, this seems like a rip off.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:20 PM   #165
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlfromTN View Post
I called V&A today to find out about the new Queen Victoria room. The woman I spoke with seemed kind of confused about the new dining experience (since it doesn't begin until Feb 1). Either she is wrong, or the website is wrong. She said that every person will be charged $295, whether they want the wine pairings or not. She also said there is a set dining time for the Queen Victoria room (she thought it was 5:30 but was not sure). We won't be doing this if they force everyone to buy the wine pairings.
This is what I have been told as well. It is odd that it isn't listed that way on the website.

chell is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: