Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #616
yupikgal
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting the pics! My daughter is a HUGE HP fan and she wants to go here as soon as she can!! She graduates in May, I'd love to take her there afterwards, but Orlando is so faarrrrr from where we live (Alaska) that it's a major event if we go!
DL, CA, DD Feb 23-26, 2012 Paradise Pier!!
Going back to DL & Southern California! 5/26-6/10, 2011
Anaheim/Disneyland/Las Vegas! May 21-June 3, 2010
Disneyland, California Adventure (Anaheim) San Diego August 8-12, 13-16, 2009
Disneyworld, D Wonder & Universal Studios: Oct. 2003
Polynesian Resort, Royal Pacific Resort
Disneyland: November 1999
Disneyworld: October 1994

Old 01-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #617
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Jmaff, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaff
Sweet pictures Sammy! Some more scaffolding on T3B has come off! I'd like to point out a couple things from your big update on your site:

OMG! Pine trees! Or new trees in general. I have a feeling they are making a surrounding forest just like in the concept art.

The powerade bottles are still there...HA!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2010, 01:38 AM   #618
PrincessKara22
Princess in Training

I'm really excited for this but my question is the new ride going to be a big thrill ride? I'm not a fan of the big roller coasters but I love harry potter. A dark ride that has some OH GOSH! moments sounds great but I'm more interested in the story and the theming and the "magic" than big drops, spirals, scares. I don't want to have to keep my eyes closed and feel sick the whole time. In fact, if the ride goes upside down or anything like that I wouldn't ride it. Also, I know the dark ride is going to be "in" hogwarts but will that be all thats in there? the line and the ride? bc I want to be able to "explore" all of the places that I feel like I know so well from the books! the dorms, the moving staircases, a painting swinging open and climbing into a room, the classrooms, the restricted section of the library, saying "acid pops" and going up to dumbledores office, the owlry, etc.

IDK I feel like I have such high expectations that I'll be really disappointed if its just stores and a thrill ride in an english village.

May 2013: Shades of Green!
August 2009: Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2007: Old Key West
January 2007: Old Key West
July 2006: The Beach Club
July 2004: Caribbean Beach
April 2003: Off Property
July 1996: The Disney Institute
Old 01-09-2010, 06:53 AM   #619
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKara22 View Post
I'm really excited for this but my question is the new ride going to be a big thrill ride? I'm not a fan of the big roller coasters but I love harry potter. A dark ride that has some OH GOSH! moments sounds great but I'm more interested in the story and the theming and the "magic" than big drops, spirals, scares. I don't want to have to keep my eyes closed and feel sick the whole time. In fact, if the ride goes upside down or anything like that I wouldn't ride it. Also, I know the dark ride is going to be "in" hogwarts but will that be all thats in there? the line and the ride? bc I want to be able to "explore" all of the places that I feel like I know so well from the books! the dorms, the moving staircases, a painting swinging open and climbing into a room, the classrooms, the restricted section of the library, saying "acid pops" and going up to dumbledores office, the owlry, etc.

IDK I feel like I have such high expectations that I'll be really disappointed if its just stores and a thrill ride in an english village.
Universal has kept very tight lipped about the new attraction...no one really knows what it's about.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:10 AM   #620
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

We know that the queue will let you see many rooms in Hogwarts and there will be lots of interactive things. No one is quite sure how "thrilling" the ride is going to be but from the sounds of it, you won't be going upside down.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:30 AM   #621
snowbunny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A dark ride that has some OH GOSH! moments sounds great but I'm more interested in the story and the theming and the "magic" than big drops, spirals, scares. I don't want to have to keep my eyes closed and feel sick the whole time.
ITA. And my kids are chickens too and won't ride it if it's a killer coaster. Hopefully they've got that with the Dueling Dragons/Flight of the Hippogrif remake, and the Forbidden Journey will be more creative and less stomach churning.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:26 PM   #622
heatherbelle
DIS Veteran

Just found this, looks like we will be travelling the Floo system!

http://www.mugglenet.com/
2005 - WDW -Off site LBV, 2006 WDW Regal Palms, 2007 - WDW Regal Palms, 2008 - Disney Old Key West, 2009 - Disneyland LA/SD, 2010 Yacht Club, 2011 Med Disney Cruise. 2012 Yacht Club again! 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med, 2014- Carnival Breeze & Yacht Club .
Old 01-10-2010, 06:05 AM   #623
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of kp1zza, SSC:
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp1zza
SORRY FOR THE SIZE OF THE PICTURE...BUT it's necessary to see this....

look at the wall that everyone was concerned about....it now has orange markings and rebar
Old 01-10-2010, 06:09 AM   #624
traceycooper
Laughs off her mini dramas
Chickens out of Dr. Doom's Fearfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherbelle View Post
Just found this, looks like we will be travelling the Floo system!

http://www.mugglenet.com/
How cool
2008 15 nights at POP & 5 nights at Royal Pacific
2010 7 nts at CSR,3 nts Dolphin, 5 nts RPR & 5 nts Renaissance @ seaworld
2012 doubletree universal :banana
2013 1ST CHILD FREE TRIP DOUBLETREE UNIVERSAL
Old 01-11-2010, 01:53 PM   #625
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

I don't know if this has been posted...or if it is even true given the source but....

I called today to make reservations at PBH for Apr 21-25. The reservationist asked if I was familiar with the new rules for express pass since Harry Potter will probably be open when I visit? I said no. She said the express passes--FOTL-- will only be valid for one ride a day at each of the new Harry Potter rides because of the large crowds they are expecting.

Also--it is weird that there are no standard rooms available for my stay at PBH and no supersaver rates being offerred. I had to book a deluxe room with AAA discount. Seems a little strange since Mardi Gras is over Apr 17 and grad nites wouldn't typically fill up PBH. Could it be the soft opening of HP? They also do not have park hours up yet for April.

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014

Old 01-11-2010, 02:06 PM   #626
atricks
Mouseketeer

Spring Break and the month it's in is almost always the busiest time for hotels in Orlando, even over Christmas just based on $ numbers alone.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:00 PM   #627
pixeegrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
I don't know if this has been posted...or if it is even true given the source but....

I called today to make reservations at PBH for Apr 21-25. The reservationist asked if I was familiar with the new rules for express pass since Harry Potter will probably be open when I visit? I said no. She said the express passes--FOTL-- will only be valid for one ride a day at each of the new Harry Potter rides because of the large crowds they are expecting.
Hopefully she is referring to the fact that they are only selling the Single Use express passes now and that does not include hotel guests. We pay good money to stay onsite for that very privilege. Otherwise we would stay offsite MUCH cheaper!
Old 01-11-2010, 06:07 PM   #628
yaytezIOA
ioacentralveteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixeegrl View Post
Hopefully she is referring to the fact that they are only selling the Single Use express passes now and that does not include hotel guests. We pay good money to stay onsite for that very privilege. Otherwise we would stay offsite MUCH cheaper!
I took that to mean that they are going to limit the hotel express pass usage on Harry Potter rides only. I can understand it too, it is going to be hugely popular and very busy the first year or so. It will still be available unlimited for all the other rides, but that section. I honestly dont know how they will track it though.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:09 PM   #629
yaytezIOA
ioacentralveteran

Quote:

It's not a coaster. It's been said officially.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:19 PM   #630
pixeegrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaytezIOA View Post
I took that to mean that they are going to limit the hotel express pass usage on Harry Potter rides only. I can understand it too, it is going to be hugely popular and very busy the first year or so. It will still be available unlimited for all the other rides, but that section. I honestly dont know how they will track it though.
That makes me feel a little better and like you said how would they keep track anyways? Guess we'll find out soon!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: