Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2010, 09:03 AM   #1
disneydad1
Mouseketeer

christmas 2010 advice

Planning our family's first trip to Disney World during the holidays - we are going next Christmas for 10 days.

Although my wife and I have been twice without kids and twice with kids, this is our first trip at Christmas. Additionally, we are also taking both sets of grandparents too!

I would welcome and tips/advice about what to see and do, when to do it, and how to plan ahead for it at Disney World during the holidays.

Thanks in advance!
disneydad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
jayandstacey
DIS Veteran

Sounds like fun - and the fact that you've been before and are going again for 10 days is good as it allows you to be very flexible if you hit a big crowd.

We did 7 days last year, and here's what I considered:

Candlelight processional, especially if you are christian - even if not very religious. I'd probably make dining reservations with it to ensure a seat - but just make sure you see this at some point. While in Epcot, I'd also go country to country to see how each does Christmas, and maybe see/hear Santa in each one.

The Osborne lights are worth at least 1/2 hour. Hang out, get some hot chocolate and enjoy the show and tunes

Take some time to hit some hotel lobbies, like in the boardwalk loop and the monorail loop. This is a good 'day off' thing to do as it can take a while.

Those are my own "must dos" - others might add things like Mickey's very merry christmas party, and looking at the decorated trees and all that. And depending where you stay, the hotel might have events.
jayandstacey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2010, 09:52 AM   #3
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

We were at Disney 12/17-12/23. The holiday storytellers at Epcot were a highlight to our trip. We managed to see all but the one in Italy. Very enjoyable.

We also did the Candlelight Processional which was wonderful. Whoopi Goldberg was our narrator & the lines for standby were long so if you do go to CP I would do the dinner package. We had dinner at Biergarten & then attended the 6:45pm show...perfect.

You could also visit the resorts to see the decorations, attend MVMCP, & see the Osbourne lights...so much to do.
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Doubletree DTD/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #4
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
Can now visit the parks anytime
My DD, the movie star
Sean Bean...is he related to Mr. Bean?

The best advice I can give you is to expect big crowds and plan on going with the flow. You will find wait times to be extreme. Get to the parks early. Make use of the fastpass system. Relax and don't stress if everything isn't perfect. Enjoy the decorations and the seasonal specials. Those that stress over not getting to do everything are those that say they will never visit during Christmas again.
Feralpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #5
tarheel618
DIS Veteran

Staying onsite is a must (My opinion) because you can take advantage of extra morning hours and evening hours. YOu will get so many rides done if you get up early and when it gets crowded take a nice long afternoon nap and go back to the parks.

It will be extremely busy. Make a list of the top 3-5 things you want to accomplish each day and then whatever you get in besides those are bonus.

Tags
advice, christmas, tips

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: