Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #136
TheDISneyFamily
°O° DIS Friendship Pixie °O°
I call it the Save & Splurge!
We're ready to meet some DIS'ers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Yoda View Post
Phone Number has changed:
407) WDW-DVNA

The new website should be launching soon based on the conversation I had with the manager on Dec 12th.
http://www.victoria-alberts.com

Website launching very soon. Will be amazing, like everything else V&A!

Home Sweet Home - BWV - I'm going back to my happy place!

***DIS/TFW Friendship Pixie***
TheDISneyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #137
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
What does +10 mean?
+10 refers to the rule that guests with a WDW Resort Reservation may book Advance Dining Reservations for up to 10 days of their vacation on the first day that the reservation window opens.

Example:

You can book dining 180 days in advance. If you arrive on Sept 25th, that makes Mar 29th the day that dining reservations open for Sept 25th.

If you DON'T have a resort reservation you can only book dining for Sept 25th on Mar 29th.

If you DO have a resort reservation you can book dining for Sept 25th - Oct 4th (10 days) all on Mar 29th.
CURRENT DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! May 2014~
CURRENT TR: ~Without knowing why, they always say "We must go!" May 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2010, 11:15 AM   #138
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle_325 View Post
+10 refers to the rule that guests with a WDW Resort Reservation may book Advance Dining Reservations for up to 10 days of their vacation on the first day that the reservation window opens.

Example:

You can book dining 180 days in advance. If you arrive on Sept 25th, that makes Mar 29th the day that dining reservations open for Sept 25th.

If you DON'T have a resort reservation you can only book dining for Sept 25th on Mar 29th.

If you DO have a resort reservation you can book dining for Sept 25th - Oct 4th (10 days) all on Mar 29th.
Oh, gotcha. Thanks.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at the Beach Club!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #139
panthergirl
Go Carolina Panthers!!

I just found this thread and am so grateful for all of the fantastic information. I am taking my twin nephews to V&A to celebrate their 21st birthday in May. Both are foodies - one is a chef and the other works in a fine dining restaurant in Charleston as a server. Since they will be 21 we will all do the wine pairing. I was offered the Chef’s table but decided to do the dining room since both of them spend so much time in kitchens – they deserve to be pampered for one night! I am looking forward to seeing the new website and keeping up with this thread for the latest. Thanks again for all of the wonderful information.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #140
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Susan - I hope your nephews realize how lucky they are to have an amazing aunt like you!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:38 PM   #141
panthergirl
Go Carolina Panthers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Susan - I hope your nephews realize how lucky they are to have an amazing aunt like you!

Aw - thanks! I think I'm the lucky one. They have been my little Disney buddies since they were 6. Kind of nice to be doing V&A instead of Chef Mickey's now.

Last edited by panthergirl; 01-08-2010 at 02:11 PM.
panthergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:24 PM   #142
evedein
Mouseketeer

Victoria & Albert's

It seems that most people how call at the 90 day window are told that the Chef's Table is already booked, often for their entire stay. So how does anyone get a ressie there? Also, what size group gets the Chef' Table? Is it a single group, or a few unrelated couples?
Old 01-09-2010, 04:28 PM   #143
2infinityandbeyond
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by evedein View Post
It seems that most people how call at the 90 day window are told that the Chef's Table is already booked, often for their entire stay. So how does anyone get a ressie there?
Luck, I guess. Our waiter at V&A's told us that the Chefs Table is booked every day within 30 seconds of the reservation lines opening.

Quote:
Also, what size group gets the Chef' Table? Is it a single group, or a few unrelated couples
It's your table for the night, up to a party of 8 (or is it 10?).
2infinityandbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:14 PM   #144
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

We had a reservation here for last Monday but had to cancel because I got sick. I'm still heartbroken over it! I've wanted to dine here for so long now. Hopefully next trip we can make it.

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #145
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by evedein View Post
It seems that most people how call at the 90 day window are told that the Chef's Table is already booked, often for their entire stay. So how does anyone get a ressie there? Also, what size group gets the Chef' Table? Is it a single group, or a few unrelated couples?
You pretty much have to be the first to get through. And it's 180 days now, not 90.

Only one group gets the Chefs Table - they won't combine groups. I believe that group can be up to 12 people (it could be 10 so dont take my word for it)

I definitely hope they don't actually book +10 for the chef's table, because if that is true, then locals or anyone who does not have a WDW resort reservation more than 180 days out can forget about it.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:25 AM   #146
TheDISneyFamily
°O° DIS Friendship Pixie °O°
I call it the Save & Splurge!
We're ready to meet some DIS'ers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDISneyFamily View Post
http://www.victoria-alberts.com

Website launching very soon. Will be amazing, like everything else V&A!
Website is LIVE!

Oueen Victoria's Room

This new dining experience is the most exclusive at Victoria & Albert’s – an elegant, intimate setting behind closed doors where French gueridon service – tableside finishes for diners’ pleasure and entertainment – is making a comeback. With just four tables and rich décor inspired by Old World dining rooms of London and Paris, the tone is set for a luxurious, leisurely evening. The sublime experience includes up to ten courses. Whether celebrating a special occasion or simply looking for sensational cuisine, the Queen Victoria’s Room takes dining to new heights.

Can't wait to try it!

Home Sweet Home - BWV - I'm going back to my happy place!

***DIS/TFW Friendship Pixie***
TheDISneyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #147
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Quote:
Website is LIVE!

Oueen Victoria's Room

This new dining experience is the most exclusive at Victoria & Albert’s – an elegant, intimate setting behind closed doors where French gueridon service – tableside finishes for diners’ pleasure and entertainment – is making a comeback. With just four tables and rich décor inspired by Old World dining rooms of London and Paris, the tone is set for a luxurious, leisurely evening. The sublime experience includes up to ten courses. Whether celebrating a special occasion or simply looking for sensational cuisine, the Queen Victoria’s Room takes dining to new heights.

Can't wait to try it!
All I can say is WOW!

The website is stunning, I wish my food pictures would turn out as well as those! Now I am dying to try that scallop (here's hoping it will still be on the menu in March )

At first I wasn't sure I would be interested in the Queen Victoria Room, but now I'm intrigued!
CURRENT DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! May 2014~
CURRENT TR: ~Without knowing why, they always say "We must go!" May 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:27 PM   #148
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Website is LIVE!

Oueen Victoria's Room

Can't wait to try it!

YAY!!!!!

Now I have to convince My other half to go with me...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:20 AM   #149
Rip
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
You pretty much have to be the first to get through. And it's 180 days now, not 90.

Only one group gets the Chefs Table - they won't combine groups. I believe that group can be up to 12 people (it could be 10 so dont take my word for it)

I definitely hope they don't actually book +10 for the chef's table, because if that is true, then locals or anyone who does not have a WDW resort reservation more than 180 days out can forget about it.

Dumb question, but when does the reservation line open?
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #150
GirlfromTN
Mouseketeer

I called V&A today to find out about the new Queen Victoria room. The woman I spoke with seemed kind of confused about the new dining experience (since it doesn't begin until Feb 1). Either she is wrong, or the website is wrong. She said that every person will be charged $295, whether they want the wine pairings or not. She also said there is a set dining time for the Queen Victoria room (she thought it was 5:30 but was not sure). We won't be doing this if they force everyone to buy the wine pairings.
Polynesian - March 2009
ABD Backstage Magic - June 2009
DCL Wonder 3 night Bahamas - December 2009
Tokyo Disney - March 2010
GirlfromTN is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: