Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2010, 04:08 AM   #1
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up Our "long time coming", first time ever, very magical trip to WDW!Pictures 1/27!

So here it is more than a month since we returned from our first WDW trip ever and I have been seriously debating the wisdom of starting a trip report. I'm just not sure I'll be all that good at it and although I meant to take notes I diden't manage to so I'm not sure I'll be able to really acuratley portray our time in WDW or the rest of our vacation (hence the reason for the + sign but more on that later,) but despite those fears, I need this trip report. Our trip was magical and also more than a little crazy. There is a great deal of back story to it and I just can't get over it. I want to talk about it, but those willing to hear about it around here already have so I will share my story with you instead.

Last edited by kayrosek; 01-27-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:13 AM   #2
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

I'd love to hear about it!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2010, 07:25 AM   #3
mouseketeer_mom
DIS Veteran

Bring it on... spare no detail

(we all thrive on others TR until we get to go ourselves)
Old 01-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #4
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
I'd love to hear about it!
My Husband will be thrilled!He's a little bugged by my tendencie to bring it up several times a day.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:56 PM   #5
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Okay just one thing I can't seem to figure out how to post photos.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:56 PM   #6
DisneyDreamerMom
Mouseketeer

I'm in - I need some tr's to hold me over for the next 4 mo and 2 days (not that I'm counting!).
Old 01-06-2010, 06:45 PM   #7
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

And now to begin with I bet you'd like some introductions. So here's a little info on my crazy, nutty, wonderful family.

ME: Krystal, 31yr old mom with a passion for reading and art. I've always loved Disney. My first trip to Disneyland at 11 is permanently etched in my memory and I've always wanted my children to experience the Disney magic.

DH: John, 38yr old Disabled UMC Veteran. John was involved in a training accident several years ago that left him seriously injured and complications after the fact left his permanently disabled. DH loves fantasy and Sci Fi and is a big Star Wars fan. He's my lovable Teddy Bear but he's got a bit of a Donald Duck personality especially when he's in pain which becomes very relevant to this trip (but more about that later). He's also not to fond of pictures which will be evident in the few I actually managed to get of him.

More intro's to come (soon hopefully)

Last edited by kayrosek; 01-06-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:41 PM   #8
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

More Intro's:

DD12 (soon to be 13): Tessa, Tess is an amazing singer and born performer, loves Tinkerbell, skulls and cross bones, purple and black. She's turning into a teenager with vengence. She has her moody spells and loves to text a bit too much for my taste (we had some texting issues this trip) but she is a great kid all around. She's the only one in our family with practically no medical issues and she's grown up a bit faster than I would have liked so it was good to see her immersed in being a kid. She's also a big part of the reason for this trip (again more on that later, I'm saying that alot already).

DD10 (11 in 2 days): Jenna, Jen is my little bookworm, she loves to learn and sucks up knowledge like a sponge. She's interested in everything and constantly asking qestions. She's also quite the little comedian. On this trip she became obsessed with Minnie Mouse!

DS9: Jonnie, Jonnie is my little miracle child. He was quite sick as an infant and had alot of unexplained illnesses but he's doing great now. Jonnie can make anyone smile, he's constantly coming up with the cutest comments. He loves Disney, he loves cartoons in general but before this trip I woulden't have said he had a favorite character (I'll save that for later it's a great story). Jonnie is also on the Autistic Spectrum, with ADHD and numerous learning disorders. It's important that you know this because it affects alot of things in our lives including of course our trip to WDW.

Last edited by kayrosek; 01-08-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:23 PM   #9
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

You decided to start one! Yay! Those are great pics of the kids. You never mentioned that you have a Tessa too (or did you?). That makes three of us on the DIS, and I've only ever met one in real life. Weird. You've mentioned the miracles of this trip before, so I'm anxious for you to remember the details and unfold them before our eyes.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #10
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyanggirls View Post
You decided to start one! Yay! Those are great pics of the kids. You never mentioned that you have a Tessa too (or did you?). That makes three of us on the DIS, and I've only ever met one in real life. Weird. You've mentioned the miracles of this trip before, so I'm anxious for you to remember the details and unfold them before our eyes.
I don't think I did mention it. I followed you over to your PTR because you mentioned your Tessa but I got so caught up in your story I don't think I mentioned my Tessa. Like you I don't find that many Tessa's in real life. Tessa hates it. She actually asked me if we could call her Teresa so she woulden't be the only one around with her name.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #11
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Joining in!! What great pictures!! I can't wait to hear about your trip!!!

Old 01-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #12
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Joining in!! What great pictures!! I can't wait to hear about your trip!!!
Welcome! Thanks for the compliments on the pics. Tess hates the second one of her she thinks it looks funny cuz it's grainy. I can't seem to convince her it's supposed to be that way. The rest of them are from this fall. The pic of Jen with the big bunch of flowers was while she was playing around pretending to be famous. I think she was making me call her Madonna.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:46 PM   #13
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

LOL! Well, you can tell her that there's a Tessa in AZ who thinks it's so cool that she has the same name. I showed her the pics and highlighted the name and asked her to read it. She said, all excited, TESSA!!
Old 01-07-2010, 10:05 PM   #14
tarstar
Earning My Ears

Krystal, as a mom visiting WDW for the first time EVER, with my dd, ds and dh, i'm looking forward to reading your report!

Your kiddos are lovely!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:59 PM   #15
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyanggirls View Post
LOL! Well, you can tell her that there's a Tessa in AZ who thinks it's so cool that she has the same name. I showed her the pics and highlighted the name and asked her to read it. She said, all excited, TESSA!!
Oh I'll definatley tell her that! She will be thrilled. I'll have to show her your PTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarstar View Post
Krystal, as a mom visiting WDW for the first time EVER, with my dd, ds and dh, i'm looking forward to reading your report!

Your kiddos are lovely!
Well I'm hopeful my story will be helpful. The lady who gave us our first visit buttons seemed surprised that it was the first time there for all of us! Thanks, I think my kids are pretty pretty darn cute but I know I'm biased.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: