Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2010, 09:49 AM   #31
Raven9 Studios
Mouseketeer

try hotels .com too
Raven9 Studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:49 AM   #32
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Just in case someone was considering using Hotwire.com to try to get a hotel it's important to note that Hotwire's Cape Canaveral area extends much farther south than does Priceline's. And according to betterbidding.com, Hotwire rates CI&S as a 3-star along with a list of others: Doubletree, Hilton, Holiday Inn Oceanfront, La Quinta Cocoa Beach, La Quinta Inn and Suites. The following are listed as 2.5-star: Best Western Oceanfront, Days Inn. (These lists aren't exhaustive, but are what posters have actually been assigned in that area.) Most of these hotels probably aren't within Priceline's Cape Canaveral area, but with Hotwire, there are more options and so less chance that you will get any one particular hotel.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #33
ybcart7
Mouseketeer

MCO airport

I just reserved a room at the Marriott Orlando Airport - (3.5 stars according to priceline) for $40 + taxes/fees - total was around $52. They have a free shuttle from the airport & then we will take Disney's cruise transportation the next day.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:41 PM   #34
DMRick
I prefer to be tagless!

We have a rental car from MCO to Cape Canaveral for $52 for 24 hours..but might forego the trouble of it and use this shuttle service, for $50 for two plus tip: http://www.travelynx.net/shuttle.html, from MCO to our hotel. Are there places within walking distance (and safe) from Country Inn and Suites? The shuttle would save us the hassle of returning the car, and time at the counter to rent it.

Please rescue a cat or kitten today! Most shelters are full.
DMRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:27 PM   #35
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMRick View Post
Are there places within walking distance (and safe) from Country Inn and Suites? The shuttle would save us the hassle of returning the car, and time at the counter to rent it.
What kind of places are you looking for? There's a Burger King and a Race Track gas station but not much for restaurants if that's what you are looking for.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #36
grlzmom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting this! We were able to get the 49 dollars per night per room for two rooms prior to our April Transatlantic cruise.
grlzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #37
DMRick
I prefer to be tagless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80 View Post
What kind of places are you looking for? There's a Burger King and a Race Track gas station but not much for restaurants if that's what you are looking for.
No restaurants, eh? Guess we'll keep the car. Thanks.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #38
diane648
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

Thanks for this info -- we also got the Country Inn & Suites Cape Canaveral on Priceline for $49 ($62 w/ tax).

Now, if we can just find one in Macon, GA on our way down ...

Thanks again,

Diane
diane648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:35 PM   #39
smsnorthup
I have OCDD-Obsessive Compulsive Disney Disorder

I also just bid and won Country Inn for pre-cruise night on Jan 20th. I bid priceline 2 1/2 stars first at $47.00 and they countered with a $13 increase, which I rejected. I added the Titusville zone (which has no 2 1/2 stars, so considered a free re-bid) and bid $49 and got accepted. Thanks for the pricing tips from all the previous posters!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:56 PM   #40
tjbaggott
DIS Veteran

I just bid again tonight and my bid was Accepted!! I got it for the $49.00 + taxes for our October date. The only thing I'm concerned about is, the priceline site did not ask how many people, it only asked how many rooms. The accepted bid info indicates the room will fit two adults. We will have two children with us. Should I worry about this, or maybe I will call the hotel in the morning and make sure there will be at least two double or two Queen beds in there?
Old 01-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #41
su_kraft
If I plan it, will you come?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbaggott View Post
I just bid again tonight and my bid was Accepted!! I got it for the $49.00 + taxes for our October date. The only thing I'm concerned about is, the priceline site did not ask how many people, it only asked how many rooms. The accepted bid info indicates the room will fit two adults. We will have two children with us. Should I worry about this, or maybe I will call the hotel in the morning and make sure there will be at least two double or two Queen beds in there?
I have used price line for a few rooms at WDW. When you check in, just tell them what you need in the room. Last time (September 2 years ago), we checked into the Sheraton Safari and they upgraded the room at no charge, and offered us the same price for additional nights. The front desk people can be very accomodating!

Good luck!
su_kraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #42
mousecruzer
Mouseketeer

Car Rental and Country Inn Stes Cape Canaveral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMRick View Post
We have a rental car from MCO to Cape Canaveral for $52 for 24 hours..but might forego the trouble of it and use this shuttle service, for $50 for two plus tip: http://www.travelynx.net/shuttle.html, from MCO to our hotel. Are there places within walking distance (and safe) from Country Inn and Suites? The shuttle would save us the hassle of returning the car, and time at the counter to rent it.
The Hertz car rental is right next to the motel. If that is where you have your rental from otherwise Avis and the others are just up the street in Cocoa Beach. Not very far away from motel. We are keeping our rental late so we can go about Cocoa Beach to eat and hit Ron Jon's Surf shop.

Thank you tikibirds for starting this thread. I just reserved my room for our cruise on Jan. 30th for $62 (w/tax) !!! Originally I had it booked through the motels website for $148 (one bedroom ste). Now I just called the motel for which room I was assigned and found out I got a childrens ste which is bigger and quite an upgrade for our family of 4 and Gma. THANK YOU for sharing your info!

Disboard members are the best!

Me 42
DD #1 15 Allie DD#2 5 Mallory
7- Night W. Carribean Feb. 23-March 1, 2008
7- Night E. Carribean Jan. 30-Feb. 6, 2010
4- Night Bahamas on DREAM Feb. 27, 2011
4- Night Bahmas on Dream Oct. 27, 2013
:
mousecruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:58 PM   #43
DMRick
I prefer to be tagless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousecruzer View Post
The Hertz car rental is right next to the motel. If that is where you have your rental from otherwise Avis and the others are just up the street in Cocoa Beach. Not very far away from motel. We are keeping our rental late so we can go about Cocoa Beach to eat and hit Ron Jon's Surf shop.
We have the rental with Avis. If there had been somewhere to eat within walking distance, I'd rather use the shuttle mentioned above...then we would be out of the airport and on our way, instead of in a car rental line. And we could just take the hotel shuttle to the port, instead of having to return the car and then their shuttle. But without a restaurant within walking distance, we'll have to stick with the car.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #44
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane648 View Post
Thanks for this info -- we also got the Country Inn & Suites Cape Canaveral on Priceline for $49 ($62 w/ tax).

Now, if we can just find one in Macon, GA on our way down ...
Try looking in Warner Robbins, GA as well. We typically stop at I-75 Exit 146 (I believe) and have stayed at the Wingate, La Quinta, and Comfort Suites there. Wingate was nicest.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #45
minnie10
Mouseketeer

I second Warner Robbins. It is a little farther than Macon, but we stopped to eat at this exit this past weekend and due to so many nice hotels, we almost spent the night on our drive home from Disney. Nice are just off the interstate a few mile like 3 maybe. Lots of hotels, (newer ones) eating places and shopping.
minnie10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: