Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2010, 10:08 AM   #16
bullsmom7
Mouseketeer

Thank you!!!

Wow!!! What a bargain. I just booked it. It was $169 through the hotel and we got it for the $49 + tax. Going to call the hotel and add the parking and shuttle option.

Thank you so much! What a great tip.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:26 AM   #17
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikibirds View Post
I bid on Cape Canaveral, FL and 2.5 stars. Originally bid $47 and then got back an offer to rebid at $60, so I did since I saw that some others had gotten this property with a similar bid on betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com
When Priceline offers you a room at a particular rate, you can usually get it for less. However, if you were out of "free rebids" - then your choice would be to accept it at the offered rate, or wait a day to try again.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2010, 10:33 AM   #18
ksucats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
When Priceline offers you a room at a particular rate, you can usually get it for less. However, if you were out of "free rebids" - then your choice would be to accept it at the offered rate, or wait a day to try again.
I was getting ready to post the same thing. I am usually successful going up about 1/3 of the way to their offer with a free rebid. If I don't have any, I will wait a day. If it is a bid for the day of or day before the stay and no rebids, then taking their offer is about the only choice.
ksucats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:39 AM   #19
JOEYDIS
Mouseketeer

I got it too

I bid 50 and was accepted for Feb 12. I can't wait.
April 2007 ASMO;Sept 2008 Pop;March 2009 WL and Disney Wonder;May 2009 CBR-Pirate Room;;Nov 2009 YC and Earmark;Feb 2010 Family cruise on the Magic;Nov 2010 Treehouse Villas and 3 nights on the Wonder. March 2012 Poly and Disney Fantasy : Feb 2013 AOA Nemo Suite. July 2013 Disney Dream 40th b-day cruise with DH
JOEYDIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #20
myneverland
Mouseketeer

Got it!

Just did this dealy and got TWO rooms for less than the price we were paying for one. (We were all going to cram into one room just to save cash.) But, I just got two rooms for $49 each + tax. SO, doing the happy dance!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all that posted this! You rock.

myneverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #21
bullsmom7
Mouseketeer

The hotel offered the parking and shuttle for a total of $22.20 (including tax) for up to 6 people. This is definitely a steal! I asked for the 4th floor Port view. I got 4th floor, no port view rooms available as of now, but will try again.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:26 AM   #22
tjbaggott
DIS Veteran

I just bid $49.99 for our Oct 29th date. It was not accepted. I was offered a free rebid if I put in a minimum bid of $13.00 more. Since I've plenty of time before our travel dates, I'll wait and retry in a few days. Thanks for letting us know about this though, it sounds like a great Hotel and the location is perfect, along with the cruise package deal for just $20 more!
Old 01-04-2010, 12:41 PM   #23
PlaneJoy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullsmom7 View Post
Wow!!! What a bargain. I just booked it. It was $169 through the hotel and we got it for the $49 + tax. Going to call the hotel and add the parking and shuttle option.

Thank you so much! What a great tip.
I did it too!!! We should meet up before leaving for the cruise. Maybe for breakfast or something. We are arriving really late on Friday.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #24
RN_Mom
Mouseketeer

Has any one done this and put in a 2.5 star and not gotten this hotel?? Was planning on Radisson but if I can save some money thats always a plus
RN_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #25
RN_Mom
Mouseketeer

bump
RN_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:58 PM   #26
tjbaggott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN_Mom View Post
Has any one done this and put in a 2.5 star and not gotten this hotel?? Was planning on Radisson but if I can save some money thats always a plus
Read my post above.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:06 PM   #27
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbaggott View Post
Read my post above.
I think she meant has anyone gotten another hotel? It sounds like Country Inn & Suites is the only 2.5 hotel in the area that is on Priceline. Or at least they are the lowest bidder right now for all the dates that people have submitted. That could change.

It's also interesting to note that all the dates posted here have been in Jan-Feb or next Oct (unless I missed something). I think those are probably non-peak times, and summer bids might not be accepted so low, or they may be accepted by other hotels. Just a thought.

Then again, I looked at Hotwire.com (similar site to Priceline, except they make offers for a type of hotel that you can either accept or not - probably lower prices are generally available on Priceline), and a 2.5 star hotel was available on a friday night for each month between Feb and Nov 2010 for $63. The only exception was Sep which was $62. Not sure if Hotwire uses the same hotels as Priceline, though.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:39 AM   #28
DMRick
I prefer to be tagless!

I don't know if it's off peak or not. I had trouble getting a deal on a car and was told because it was Presidents week (our school up north is off all week), it was considered a high time. I did eventually get a car at an OK price from MCO to Cape Canaveral.

I called to see if I could reserve a 4th floor port side room and was told that I would be assigned a regular priceline room, which was two bedrooms (one with a queen bed, one with bunks), two TV's, pull out sofa, micro, etc. with a river view. She said if they needed a larger room, I would most likely be moved, but that that seldom happens. At check in, she said I could ask for a 4th floor portside, but for now, they were full.

Please rescue a cat or kitten today! Most shelters are full.
DMRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:46 AM   #29
DCL~Dreamer
Earning My Ears

I'm doing the happy dance!!! Just got it for $62.10 with tax for our 1/16 Magic cruise!

Thank you for posting this....I originally had this hotel reserved for $130 a night!!! We stayed there in October before our cruise and it is beautiful! Very nice breakfast and very nice shuttle driver to the port. He even picked us up earlier at the port because we got off the ship first, gave him a call and told him we were there and he was there in less than 2 minutes!

I highly recommend this hotel!

Thanks again!
DCL~Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #30
Miz Diz
I'll give up anything, as long as it isn't ice cream
And now my head is really spinningHe can't understand why he can't get me that excited.

Thanks for posting. Just got my room at the $49 bid.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: