Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2009, 10:14 PM   #91
MylilTink
Mouseketeer

Hi!

I am planning my family's first trip to WDW sometime in September 2010.

I read through your PRT, and so far it's great. You're daughter is a cutie; love the red hair!!

Surprise! You're going to Disney World for your birthday! January 8-13 2012 PTR Never Finished

9/25-10/01 2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort (First Trip)
I've started my very first trip report! Never Finished
Old 12-28-2009, 06:23 PM   #92
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MylilTink View Post
Hi!

I am planning my family's first trip to WDW sometime in September 2010.

I read through your PRT, and so far it's great. You're daughter is a cutie; love the red hair!!
to my PTR! I am glad to have you aboard for the long haul. It will be fun talking with someone who is planning on going around the same time. Are you planning on writing a PTR? Thank you--I think she is a cutie too but then again I am biased!
September 2010 PTR

Last edited by Charlefours; 12-28-2009 at 06:28 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2009, 07:55 PM   #93
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Hi Stephanie!! I'm joining in!! I'm so sorry I didn't realize you had a PTR until now!! But I'm all caught up and thought I'd give you my opinions on some things!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Whew, I know I said I was not going to get this posted, but I am up waiting for the pumpkin cheesecake to cool so I can put it in the fridge and go to bed!

So, DH and I have begun to discuss our tentative schedule. Of course this is likely to change but I do love to plan! With out further ado, here it is:

Saturday, September 11th: Arrival Day

We will be leaving from Valdosta, GA this morning to finish our drive down to Disney. We are planning on leaving sooner rather than later in the morning, probably no later than 10:00. We will need a good night’s sleep since Friday will be a long drive for us! On the way down, we will stop at a grocery store in Orlando—we have been told there is a Super Wal-mart on our way so we will most likely stop there. On the shopping list (not finalized yet ) will be breakfast items, juice, etc.

We hope to be at the Port Orleans Riverside Resort by 3:00 at the latest. Hopefully sooner if I have my way! The room will be ready by then if the gods are smiling down on us. Drop off luggage, unpack groceries and head off into the parks!

I want Lilian’s first Disney experience to be Magic Kingdom!! So we will be heading there as soon as we can.

Park: Magic Kingdom
Breakfast: hotel in Georgia
Lunch: On the way or at the resort when we get there
Dinner: Liberty Tree Tavern (my Dad’s request, along with DTD and EP)

Sunday, September 12th: Day 2

Park: DHS for the day, EP-WS for dinner and Illuminations??
Breakfast: Resort room
Lunch: CS in DHS—Fairfax Fare is my first choice. Also considering Toy Store Pizza Planet and ABC Commissary We really enoyed the ABC Commissary on our last trip!!
Break in the afternoon to go back to the resort to rest and/or swim
Dinner: Hop over to EP-WS, Le Cellier is our first choice We have ressies for Le Cellier in May and have heard nothing but GREAT things!!

Monday, September 13th: Day 3

Park: EP-WS
Breakfast: Akershus Storybook Princess Breakfast, character meal You will LOVE this breakfast!! It was soooo much better than breakfast at CRT! The princesses really take their time with you!!
Lunch: snacks
Dinner: Rose and Crown Dining Room—hopefully to get a spot out on the deck to watch Illuminations (if that is the case, than will not go to it the night before. DGM knows the chef so she can request her to mark us down for a specific type table). It would be amazing if it works out!!

Tuesday, September 14th: Day 4—Happy Birthday Lilian!!

Lilian’s 4th birthday is today! We will be taking her to BBB Salon in Cinderella’s Castle this morning. I am going to shot for an 8:30 appointment if possible. I believe they have before the park opens appointments. It would be great b/c we could get empty Main Street pictures!! YES!! Appointments start at 8:00 a.m. Ally had an 8:00 a.m. appt. last trip and has another one in May! I loved this time b/c we had time to get plenty of pics in front of the castle, go to the BBB, get more pics in front of the castle, get pics made at the Exposition Hall of Ally all dressed up (totally free if you have a BBB appt), AND get pics in front of the park ALL before the park opened so we lost no park time!!

Park: MK
Breakfast: Main Street Bakery most likely after the park opens
Lunch: CS in MK We LOVED Cosmic Rays for a CS. We got a half chicken and ribs meal that was TDF!!! Well worth the $$!!
Dinner: 1900 Park Faire, Grand Floridian resort for Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner. We will also have her birthday cake delivered here. I've heard this is wonderful! We have ressies here in May!

Wednesday, September 15th: Day 5

Today is the day we take a bit of a break. The guys will be heading off to one of the golf courses. Not sure which one yet, but will update once I do. The gals will be heading off to the Grand Floridian (again) for the My Disney Girl’s Perfectly Princess Tea Party. After the tea party is finished, we will meet up with the guys at the resort and head over to DTD! I cannot WAIT to hear about this tea party!!

Park: ??? Could end up at one depending on how our plans change. I know I want to hit DTD “earlier” than just on our way out of town.
Breakfast: Resort Room
Lunch: Tea Party for the gals and the Golf Clubhouse for the guys
Dinner: Most likely OOT at DTD or Boardwalk. I am hoping WPE or EOS are put back onto the meal plan as a CS—than we would stay around and choose from them.

Thursday, September 16th: Day 6

The last two meals of today are bit shaky. Which is fine, I do not have to have everything planned! LOL It will honestly depend on how long we are AK. I envision us sticking it out until after lunch because I would like to catch at least one show! Making it to both Finding Nemo and Lion King will depend on how Lilian does in the first one. Which would you recommend we start with? We started with Lion King b/c it is the shorter of the 2. Nemo is approx. 45 minutes long. We ended up doing both and Claire (19 mo. at the time) did GREAT in both shows!!

Park: AK
Breakfast: Tusker House for Donald’s Safari Breakfast (Donald is a favorite of DH and my Dad) My SIL raves about this meal--they ate their last summer!
Lunch: CS possibly at AK—Flame Tree BBQ? Back at the resort food court? We ate at Pizzafari and LOVED it!!
Dinner: Again, up in the air. We could take advantage of our PHs again and head over to another park for the evening and use a CS meal. We are looking good with those so far!

Friday, September 17th: Our last full day! MNSSHP!! Day 7

I still like the idea of going to the MNSSHP. I would love to take advantage of it because I am unsure when we would be down at Disney again when this is happening.

Park: EP-FW
Breakfast: Resort Room
Lunch: Coral Reef
Break back to the resort for swimming and nap. Need to do it definitely today in order to have energy to go to MNSSHP!!
Dinner: CS at MK during MNSSHP

Saturday, September 18th: Leaving day, Day 8

We will be heading back home today. We are planning on getting half way to my Dad’s today. If we are up to it, we may pop over to a park to enjoy the morning after packing up the car and checking out. We have tickets for today as it is $12 to keep it on there. For $12, I rather have the ability to go to another park if we would like to do some last minute favorites. I would also like to hit up DTD if needed again.

Park: who knows?
Breakfast: Resort Room—gotta use up what is left!
Lunch: CS—in a park, resort or DTD (if any are picked up)
Dinner: Somewhere around Atlanta as it is about half way home to my Dad’s. That is where we will be stopping for the evening.

I would love your thoughts and feedback on what you guys think. I definitely need CS restaurant suggestions!! Thanks for the feedback in advance!
Old 12-29-2009, 09:36 AM   #94
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Yay! You're going to go to Tusker House! You'll love it! It flies under the radar compared to some of the more popular character spots but it's so good! And a lot of fun!

I may be there the same time you go!!! My company is sponsoring an agent education program from 9/13-9/17 at WDW. I may sign up!!
Old 12-29-2009, 10:31 AM   #95
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Hi Stephanie!! I'm joining in!! I'm so sorry I didn't realize you had a PTR until now!! But I'm all caught up and thought I'd give you my opinions on some things!!
Becky! I know you are busy so I did not expect you to pop over!! But I am glad you did!!!

Thanks for the information for BBB Salon appointments! I thought I had read somewhere that appointments started at 8:00 a.m. That would be the goal so we can get empty Main Street pictures and in front of Cinderella's Castle!!

LOVE Le Cellier when we ate there on our only other trip, almost five years ago. It was really good! Yay for getting reservations there ! I am excited about Akershus--for the most part, everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Thank you for joining my PTR for the long road ahead!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 12-29-2009, 10:34 AM   #96
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Yay! You're going to go to Tusker House! You'll love it! It flies under the radar compared to some of the more popular character spots but it's so good! And a lot of fun!

I may be there the same time you go!!! My company is sponsoring an agent education program from 9/13-9/17 at WDW. I may sign up!!
Hello!

TH came on my radar after reading your TR and Crocko's TR. I am so excited!! I sure hope we can get early enough ressies as from what I read at others, they have a tendency to run behind!

It will be great if you go when are there!! It would be great because perhaps we could arrange a DIS meetup.
September 2010 PTR

Old 12-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #97
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello!

TH came on my radar after reading your TR and Crocko's TR. I am so excited!! I sure hope we can get early enough ressies as from what I read at others, they have a tendency to run behind!

It will be great if you go when are there!! It would be great because perhaps we could arrange a DIS meetup.
I had a reservation a little after 8 and was sat within 10 minutes. That was only because we had to wait in a line for them to take our picture. I'm sure if you don't want that, you can just skip it. But when I came out of TH around 9:30-10, it was CRAZY outside!!!

Definitely count on a DIS meetup if I go!
Old 12-29-2009, 07:02 PM   #98
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

We have also found Tusker House runs behind on seating but it's probably our favorite food at any character meal. It hasn't run behind as bad as Crystal Palace has.

We are also huge fans of Flame Tree BBQ and for a CS meal, it's not bad.

Having only boys, I haven't got to experience the girlie things but I will be changing that in 4 months when we take a 7 year old for her first visit.

Is your entire group planning to tour and do all meals together?
Old 12-29-2009, 07:35 PM   #99
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
We have also found Tusker House runs behind on seating but it's probably our favorite food at any character meal. It hasn't run behind as bad as Crystal Palace has.

We are also huge fans of Flame Tree BBQ and for a CS meal, it's not bad.

Having only boys, I haven't got to experience the girlie things but I will be changing that in 4 months when we take a 7 year old for her first visit.

Is your entire group planning to tour and do all meals together?
Hello!

At this point, I am not a 100% who will be with us when. My Dad and DBIL will be with us probably at all points. DBF and her DH will probably do a full day behind the scenes tour this time around, so they will be absent at some point. MIL and FIL will be taking some time on Friday to spend time with a friend who lives about 15 minutes away from Disney. Hmmm...oh and DGM cannot go into AK (highly allergic to some of the tropical plants used--not pretty!) so it is doubtful she and DGP will be along that day, at least the part at AK.

SO it really is going to be hit or miss I will be emailing everyone our plans, and confirming who is planning on being with us each day. Also, I plan on emailing everyone next month (like a few weeks from now ) about ADRs to see who is planning on attending which ones. My one request is everyone make it for dinner Tuesday evening (DD's birthday) at 1900 Park Fare.

I hope you have a grand time experience another side of Disney--the girly side!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 12-30-2009, 12:31 AM   #100
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Becky! I know you are busy so I did not expect you to pop over!! But I am glad you did!!!

Thanks for the information for BBB Salon appointments! I thought I had read somewhere that appointments started at 8:00 a.m. That would be the goal so we can get empty Main Street pictures and in front of Cinderella's Castle!!

LOVE Le Cellier when we ate there on our only other trip, almost five years ago. It was really good! Yay for getting reservations there ! I am excited about Akershus--for the most part, everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Thank you for joining my PTR for the long road ahead!!
No problem!! I'm just sorry I didn't see it sooner--I've been missing out!!
Old 12-30-2009, 10:45 AM   #101
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Christmas Presents and others

Taking a bit of a break from planning, or writing about planning anyways! LOL . So excuse the sorta off topic post.

We have had a lovely holiday season thus far. I hope you have as well!! We started the holidays off by going to DGM and DGP house on the Sunday prior. They went a bit crazy to say the least! Lilian is a very lucky little girl. She got AG Bitty Baby (Chloe is her doll’s name) accessories and furniture and lots of Disney dresses!! Here are some pictures (I hung them up from our dining are light—sorry for the background clutter):

DGM knows how much Lilian likes to wear dresses so she ordered primarily them. The left is Snow White, the middle is a Sleeping Beauty nightgown and the right is a Cinderella dress.

The second batch: the left is a blue Tinkerbell dress, the middle is a sparkly skirt and shirt from the Sleeping Beauty set and the left is also a dress from the Tinkerbell line.

The third batch: The left and middle are Sleeping Beauty dresses and the left is one from the Cinderella line.

Lastly, DGM ordered her the Tinkerbell costume from this last season. She also ordered the wand, tiara, the light up shoes and of course the wings!! The pictures online really do not do the costume justice—it is beautiful!

I also found more shirts we had ordered for her awhile back. LOL (laughing icon) I put them down in the Christmas present area and forgot about them.

I picked up the Jasmine costume back in October when I went down to campus for my grad school. It was 50% off!!

The others were ordered I believe. LOL The pink tank top has a glittery Cinderella hologram, the middle is a pink princess foil shirt and the left is a pair of Cinderella pjs. (sorry the picture is so small--I did not reload it after I resized it down too far )

All in all, Lilian is going to be decked out for her first trip to Disney.
September 2010 PTR

Last edited by Charlefours; 12-30-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:11 AM   #102
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Christmas continued...

The rest of our holiday week was nice as well. Lilian helped me decorate sugar cookies for the first time. This was also the first year she left cookies out for Santa. She decided he needed three cookies: one blue, green and pink. He also needed a glass of milk in a pink cup.

We had a great Christmas indeed. We picked out shirts for DMIL, DFIL and DBIL--their first Disney shirts! DMIL and DFIL got the vintage Minnie and Mickey shirts.

DBIL we made a Wall-E shirt for him. They all tried to guess what it would be since the other two opened their shirts first. They guessed either Goofy or Donald. He LOVED that it was Wall-E. (forgot to take a picture of that--oops!)

DH got me two of the organic Minnie t-shirts and a pair of Tinkerbell pjs. I also got the Hidden Magic book! I am looking forward to reading it.

We went to my sister's house on the 26th for a few days. We had a good time while we were down there, but I came back sick again!! Same type of thing I had after Thanksgiving. Not good!

We are suppose to have friends over tomorrow night for a family friendly New Year's Eve party. I am not sure at this point if I want people over because of how I am feeling nor do I want to get anyone else sick. Ugh!!

I hope everyone else is having a good holiday period and feel better than I do! Happy New Year's!!
September 2010 PTR

Last edited by Charlefours; 12-30-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:41 PM   #104
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
Joining in with you and enjoying it all!!! Keep the updates coming! and I hope you feel better soon!!!!

Thanks for joining in on my PTR!! Looks like you will be heading down approximately the same time. What dates are you going? Thanks, I hope feel better soon too! I just need to figure out what would be the right medicine to get it under control.
September 2010 PTR

Old 12-30-2009, 12:53 PM   #105
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Oh the Dilemma....

I am happy to say that Disney has released another listing for the 2010 Disney Dining Plan participates. Two more additions I am extremely excited about…..

TUTTO ITALIA

And

EOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am way beyond excited if you cannot tell!!! Oh the decisions, EOS is easy—we have several CS not accounted for at the moment. We could easily use one there at some point. Wednesday or Saturday both of which we are already anticipating heading to DTD.

Tutto Italia, would require us dropping one of our other EP choices. They are currently:
Le Cellier
Coral Reef
Akershus (not a choice—definitely will be doing this if can get an ADR for it)
Rose and Crown Dining Room

Right now, my first choice to drop off is either Coral Reef or Rose and Crown (especially since we can do it as a CS and still get the Fish n Chips…) What do you all think?

In case you want or are interested in the link, click here for the new listing.

Oh, I am going to try to updates in purple to make it easier for those reading to skim down if they would like.
September 2010 PTR

Last edited by Charlefours; 12-30-2009 at 02:20 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: