Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2009, 03:13 PM   #136
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Epcot day continued

After that....the kids were fast friends...I tried to get a pic of Brook and Kyle...

So then we made it over to get fastpasses for Test Track. We decided to head to Spaceship Earth next. I hadn’t been on it since 1987 I think…if then. And the girls had never been on it. Well, I was amazed …it was such a cool ride!! I love how they added the computer stuff and you get to see your pics…in fact I was so amazed I forgot to take a pic of Brook and I! Then we headed back over to Test Track as our fastpasses were ready. We headed in and waited our turn. Sarah and Devon ended up in the car ahead of us and the rest of us fit into the next car. And we were off. I had to reassure and explain to Brooklyn each segment…what a blast! She really handled the fast part outside well! I think our speed was 68??? I forgot. I got put our pic on photopass and just in time too…you gotta be quick before they change!

Here are Sarah and Devon in the back in red shirts....

And here is the car with the rest of us....

We browsed the gift shop and Devon and Brook picked out an antenna topper. Then there was a quick bathroom break and then we really needed to head to World Showcase. It was our goal to try a Kim Possible mission and I had no idea where the kiosk was. Luckily Marlo did! She remembered what it looked like! We fastpassed the ticket for that.

Sarah had asked for a churro…smart kid…those things are the yummiest! So we stopped in Mexico and picked out some soda and snacks! I also had a pb and j at some point.

Then, since we were here, we entered the Mexican pavilion and rode on the Gran Fiesta Tour! I love the theming and the ride was cute.

We also talked and pin traded with a CM upon exiting. She was sooo sweet. I think we must have talked with her for 5 or 10 minutes!

Continued in post below!
Old 12-25-2009, 03:33 PM   #137
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Epcot day continued

Next, we decided to head to Norway and ride Maelstrom!

Devon hanging with her new pal...Nikki! She was so sweet to them!!!

Marlo and the kids were running out of time since they needed to head to Magic Kingdom around 2 pm. I figured by 2 or 3 pm the girls would be really tired. But they seemed perfectly fine to me…Sarah was pretty quiet the whole time though…it was the third day catching up with her. And the girls loved the stroller…they got in and out of it all day long! So anyways, we rode Maestrom…and it was exciting!

I just have to add in here how cute Kyle is....really a very sweet young man and his love of all things Disney was so refreshing and fun!!!

I had no idea that there was a hill so I couldn’t warn Brooklyn much about it…she was a trooper though! I love the little town area it lets you off in! Of course we browsed the gift shop....and encountered some vikings...

Then... it was time to say our sad goodbye’s to Marlo, Nikki and Kyle! Unfortunately we ran out of time to do a Mission with them. We took a few pics before they left!! Thank you Marlo for coming along and making our Epcot day such a blast!! I loved chatting with you and I love your cute kiddos!!!

It was super bright out...hard to get a good pic...

By now it was close to 2:30 and I was hungry. I LOVE the bakery in Norway so I brought the girls in and we picked out a bunch of treats and a sandwich to share. They also have restrooms right there…so we washed up and sat down outside to enjoy the gorgeous day and relax. I love their little outdoor eating area there! The girls really loved the treats! Sarah had the chocolate mousse, I had the school bread, Devon got a piece of cake and Brooklyn picked the Strawberry waffle things. We shared a ham and cheese sandwich and a soda! Yummo is all I can say!!!

It was now about 10 of 3. I asked the girls what they wanted to do. Choices were: 1. go home now; 2. do the Kim Possible Mission and go home; 3. tour a little more and go home; or 4. do the Kim possible; tour; then go home. They picked????? #4 of course. Apparently the stroller gave them lots of energy…plus it was such a nice day out…no heat or humidity…just a gentle sun and breeze…perfect temp…must have been about 78 degrees. So they weren’t tired. I tried calling DH but I couldn’t get service. I tried a couple of times too. I wanted to let him know what we were doing. So, we headed to get our Kim Possible phone and assignment.

Ummmm excuse me .... but is Devon picking her nose???

Continued in post below!

Last edited by twob4him; 12-25-2009 at 03:47 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2009, 03:46 PM   #138
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Epcot day continued

We were given Mexico! So back to Mexico we went. The mission was so cool…the phone took us around the pavilion and made the displays do cool stuff….being vague so I don’t ruin it for others. The girls had to share the phone and they did pretty well! We finished the mission around 3:15 pm.

Then we decided to head around to the back of the World Showcase. As we were heading past "China at 2 pm" (….isn’t that the name of that pavilion?? lol )… we came upon the bridge and it was up! Who knew??? Aparently they bring the Illuminations barges in and out thru that draw bridge located between China and the Outpost. I took a few pics of it. We also chatted for a few minutes with a nice photopass photographer. She was headed with her equipment to a job!

The bridge came down and I was crossing my fingers and toes that that Snow White would be in Germany. My disfriend Tom had made Devon the prettiest Snow White dress and Devon wanted to meet her in it! So we rounded the bend and she was there!!!! I about died! I asked the handler if we could get in line and she said yes! I threw the dress over Devon’s outfit and pulled the her Epcot Simply Sweet top off from underneath (it had tie straps on the shoulders). And whaalaaa…she was instantly a little Snow White! Well, we waited and Snow White did NOT disappoint. She talked just like Snow White…in a cute little princess voice!!! Oh my goodness….and she loved Devon’s dress…and the girls asked how the dwarfs were…she went on and on about how they were working in the diamond mine. Oh it was just so much fun. She signed the autograph book and posed for some pics!

...and some photopass pics...

Then our turn was over…the girls were thrilled and so was I! I don’t know about you …but in my mind I put a lot of pressure to find all of these characters for the girls to meet….I knew they were the perfect age and I would not be getting the chance back…who knows when we would be able to get back to Disney…certainly not for the next year or two and this was my only opportunity. I couldn’t believe it was working out!

Well, that's all for now folks! Thanks for following along!!!
So what happens next??? Stay tuned for more updates!!!
Old 12-26-2009, 08:24 AM   #139
minnie2
DIS Veteran

Thanks for a great day together! WE had so much fun!!!!!!!! I forgot how Devon seemed to love Nik. You got some wonderful pictures. I am so glad we got to share that day together.

Old 12-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #140
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Love the Snow White pictures! Very sweet.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #141
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

All caught up!!!

Now if you had been in China at 2pm...you would have known that the bridge goes up

NICE changing job!!!!!!

Glad you had so much fun with Marlo and gang- not that I doubted it!
Old 12-26-2009, 01:16 PM   #142
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Awesome Epcot day! The girls really lasted long into the day!

I read your blog and it sounds like you had a very nice and relaxing Christmas!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 12-27-2009, 05:03 PM   #143
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

How fantastic you got to meet Marlo again, it looks like you had so much fun

We did several Kim Possible missions last week and they're so much fun aren't they
Old 12-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #144
Cinderella16
DIS Veteran

Hello old friend!!

I just found this and love it so far.

The house you stayed in looks absolutely wonderful! How fun!

Kim Possible missions....so much fun. DH and I did one on our honeymoon and there was nothing like two people in their twenties running around with the Kimunicator thinking it is the coolest thing in the world!!

I am looking forward to more. Hope you have a very Happy & Healthy New Year!
1989ish (1st Trip - Ft. Wilderness), 1993 (Offsite), 1999 (8th Grade Graduation Trip-offsite) 2004 (Offsite), 2005 (Offsite), 2007 (Offsite, Engaged at MK!) 2009 (Disneymoon - GF) 2010 (Wildnerness Lodge) 2011 (New DVC Members - SSR) 2012 (Bay Lake Tower/Vero Beach)2013 (May-BWV/Oct-AKL- Kidani)2014 (June-BCV/Dec-THV)
WDW Commando Member #204

Trip Reports
The Mr. & Mrs. Meeting Mickey in May - May 2010 + BONUS Pre Trip Report for July 2012

The Mr., The Mrs., and the Dining Plan - Our June 2009 Disneymoon
Our Magical Trip of a Million, Dreams, Wishes, & Surprises- Our June 2007 Engagement
Old 12-29-2009, 06:38 PM   #145
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie2 View Post
Thanks for a great day together! WE had so much fun!!!!!!!! I forgot how Devon seemed to love Nik. You got some wonderful pictures. I am so glad we got to share that day together.
Thank you Marlo for spending the day with us!!! It was so much fun to talk and walk and ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Love the Snow White pictures! Very sweet.
Thanks Memom! I hope you are enjoying Disney right now!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
All caught up!!!

Now if you had been in China at 2pm...you would have known that the bridge goes up

NICE changing job!!!!!!

Glad you had so much fun with Marlo and gang- not that I doubted it!
LOL about the bridge! and I was in China at 2 pm...for a few minutes anyways! Isn't it fun to meet fellow dissers??? Marlo is so sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Awesome Epcot day! The girls really lasted long into the day!

I read your blog and it sounds like you had a very nice and relaxing Christmas!
Thanks for reading my blog too!!! We did have a nice relaxing day...I think the kids stayed in pj's for most of the day!
I couldnt believe how long the girls lasted!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
How fantastic you got to meet Marlo again, it looks like you had so much fun

We did several Kim Possible missions last week and they're so much fun aren't they
It was cool to see the interaction with the pavillion's! The girls loved it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella16 View Post
Hello old friend!!

I just found this and love it so far.

The house you stayed in looks absolutely wonderful! How fun!

Kim Possible missions....so much fun. DH and I did one on our honeymoon and there was nothing like two people in their twenties running around with the Kimunicator thinking it is the coolest thing in the world!!

I am looking forward to more. Hope you have a very Happy & Healthy New Year!
I am so excited that we are reunited!!! I am loving your honeymoon trip report!!! Those two years seemed soooo long! I am glad you are married and happy!!! I hope you have a wonderful New Year!!! I might as well post our pics here too!

Julianne and I met in June 2007 in MK on the hotest most crowded day ever known to mankind...but we were avoiding the heat by trying to get into the Tiki Room and the AC when Julianne came up and said...."Aren't you Cathy??" I couldnt believe it! Then she showed me her hand....they had just gotten engaged a few hours before at Cinderella's Wishing Well....so romantic!!!! Anyway, here is our pic.....

I just knew he was going to propose in Disney but Julianne was totally surprised!!!!
Old 12-29-2009, 07:35 PM   #146
twob4him
DIS Veteran

The Rest of our Epcot Day

Hello everyone! Time for another update! I left you last time at Snow White's meet and greet and we were so excited having met her!

Next we strolled to Italy and we enjoyed the scenery. I have a fun set of pics for you from my friend Leanne! She actually went to Italy recently and check out these pics...its the real Italy....

and Epcot's Italy....

How cool is that? They just happen to both be on her camera when she came over to share pics! Thanks Le for sharing your wonderful pictures!!!!

So on the inside of the loop around Epcot there are smaller pathways where you can find characters to meet with such as the one we came upon! It was with Beast! Beast is huge but kind....just like Belle said! So we were the last ones in line before he had to leave.… but he fit us in! Yaaa Beast!! He even tried to sign our autograph book which he usually doesn’t…his paw was as big as Brooklyn’s head!!! Somehow he managed and we got our pic.

The photopass photographer said Belle was coming out next. So we got back in line and waited about 10 minutes for her! We enjoyed the nice day some more!!!

The photopass photographer said she would take this opportunity to download her camera and she would be right back out when Belle returned. Well she wasn't back when Belle returned so I took these pics solo! Belle was super sweet and happy to see the girls “again”…I mentioned how she saw them the day before when she read them a story. She completely went along with it and asked them if they liked the story and how she was so happy to see again them today!

Continued in post below!
Old 12-29-2009, 08:06 PM   #147
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Then we walked back to Morocco and asked about Jasmine and when she would be out meeting guests. The little gift shop CM said she would be out in Morocco at 5 pm. Since it was only about 4:30 we decided to try France and see if Aurora was there. We decided we needed a bathroom break first and took the opportunity to change for meeting the next two princesses. Then we headed to France and sure enough Sleeping Beauty was there! Yippy!!! Again….she was the sweetest thing and talked with the girls…Aurora loved Brooklyn’s outfit and showed her just how to curtsy. They hugged and she signed the book! ( I always think of Memom’s trip report when her granddaughter, Brooklynn, would go up to the characters and say “Sign da book!” lol )

We looked around France briefly…it was getting later and Sarah was getting tired….not the girls though…they were running on adrenaline I think! Had it just been adults and I didn't need to get the girls back to the house...I would have toured each country along the way and saw the movies in France and Canada.....but alas...it was getting late. I was able to get ahold of dh right before we met with Snow White and I told him we would be a few more hours. So I talked it over with the girls, and we decided we would meet Jasmine and head to Soarin and then the monorail back to the T&TC. So that was our plan!!!

So we backtracked to Morocco to await Jasmine and when I talked to the photopass photographer, she said it would be Aladdin not Jasmine. Uggggg….I really know Devon wanted to meet Jasmine but she was happy enough to show Aladdin her outfit!

Waiting and twirling....

Aladdin finally arrived solo.....and he really played the part! Brooklyn was astonished by him…just look at her…lol! The girls got his autograph and pic!

Now it was time to head out…the girls wanted to ride Soarin one last time and then we would call Edmund again. So we decided to take the Friendship Cruise back to Future World. It would save lots of steps though I was sad to miss England and Canada. We noticed they were filming a show near the ramp to the boat...so cool!

The “cruise director” CM talking was funny…they said to sit down and enjoy the cruise. We would be pulling out of Morocco and head to Canada and then Morocco and then Canada and then Morocco…etc. Too funny….and how do they stand it going back and forth all day?! I loved the fact that I didn’t have to fold the stroller and could just roll on board.

Sarah was pretending to yawn and be super tired...she was actually not as bad as it appeared!!! LOL

Continued in post below!
Old 12-29-2009, 08:23 PM   #148
twob4him
DIS Veteran

We got off in…Canada…and headed through a short cut path just to the right of Canada. I was trying to get back to the Land Pavillion and it was such a pretty path. There were pretty rose bushes and it was almost empty. Whilst we were walking and talking, my SIL called to say they were leaving Discovery Cove and did I need a ride? I told her we were almost done…just had to ride Soarin and head out to the front…I told her I would be about a half hour. It was about 5:15 pm at this point. She said that would be fine since they were just leaving where they were. I said we would call when we got to the front of Epcot. This was great and would save my hubby a trip to come pick us up. She also called my dh to let him know what we were doing.

So we made our way to Soarin and used our fastpasses. It was still quite a wait….more than I thought it would be…but we got front and center! By now it was 5:50 pm and I knew we were going to go over our ˝ time limit but what could I do now that we were on the ride???

More Soarin pics...notice Brook is excited and not worried this time!

We soared again and it was just as breathtaking at night as the morning and Brooklyn was much braver this time! We exited and made our way out of the pavilion. We were amazed by the lights in the sidewalk but it was hard to get a pic with my camera...plus we were rushing!

I noticed I missed a call or two so I called my SIL back who said they were out front waiting. Ack! We tried to hurry but enviably, Brooklyn insisted on having to use the restroom again.

She went real quick and we all walked out to the turnstiles. I didn't get a chance to get any pictures on the way out so I am stealing my friends pic of the giant golf ball.

I was calling my SIL to tell her we were here and she walked right up to us! Yaaa! It was 6:05 pm by this time and I know my BIL was probably annoyed we took so long! I hate to make people wait especially when they were trying to help us out. He was very gracious though and helped me fold the stroller and fit it in the trunk…not easy…it was huge!

We drove back to the house and we had company. One of Edmund’s friends from FL had arrived with his wife and daughter. His daughter’s name is Arielle…how appropriate and she was sooo sweet!! Devon and Brooklyn loved to hang all over her and she was fun for Sarah to talk and hang with!!! The kids wanted to go swimming so they did that for quite a while.

We decided to order out pizza and relax and enjoy the evening! We were planning to go to Hollywood Studios the next day and the mom, Nancy, and Arielle wanted to go! The more the merrier I say…but I did warn them that I had a schedule….I told her she could stick with us or go off to do what she wanted. I didn’t want them to feel like they had to follow us around all day. No problem. I also called and added them to our ADR at Hollywood and Vine. I was able to keep my reservation time (11 am) and everything. We were all set for another exciting day at Disney! The girls swam until the pizza came and played pool and foozeball and got into their pj’s! I think they were asleep by 7:30 or 8 pm!!! Nighty night and sweet dreams!!

So next installment will be our Hollywood Studios day! Stay tuned!!!!
Old 12-29-2009, 11:04 PM   #149
ireland_nicole
No brainer- the fairy wins it
Personally, I'm an on site girl

What a fun filled, action packed epcot day! I wasn't planning on trying to fit in one of the kim possible missions, but now I'm thinking I might have to.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:24 PM   #150
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Okay, I am curious girls (Cathy and Marlo), do your husbands ever go in the parks with you? Cathy, I think Edmund had family there the entire time so did he ever go off with them to a park? Does he enjoy seeing the girls so excited and cute? I know he does!

The update was wonderful. I love the world showcase and I also hate making people wait. Such a hard thing when trying to get on a ride. You just never know how long the fast pass line will take. i find test track to be the longest fast pass line always!! We were late to China because the kids were on it with Lin! But I did call atleast halfway around the world almost! LOL!

I really love the outfits. ALL of them!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: