Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-25-2009, 11:53 PM   #34
twinmum
DIS Veteran

Oh my. I've just had the most wonderful cathartic cry. It hasn't been an easy day here, but watching Matty's Wish come to life has brought such a wonderful end to my day. Thank you, thank you to Maroo for being part of Matty's Wish, and thank you to Matty (and family) for showing us that Wishes do come true.

Long story made short, but we had a busy Christmas day, stressful to be hosting dinner and heartbreaking to see my mother's dementia continue to take her away from us. I have to wonder if she will know us by next year - it's been so fast.

But this is not a time for sadness, it's a time for hope, for wishing, for dreams come true...and the magic of Disney is not a commercial kind of thing...no, it's the spirit that lies within those who believe in wishes and making wishes come true for our children. What pleasure we take in seeing the joy of wishes granted reflected in the faces of children like Matty.

This is the day that the angels sang to the heavens of Jesus' joyous birth. Maroo, for the Wish Parents on this thread, you are an angel, embracing our children and our families and bringing great joy. Thank you.

Merry Christmas, everyone!
Alison

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: