Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2009, 10:53 PM   #46
twinmum
DIS Veteran

Oh my. I've just had the most wonderful cathartic cry. It hasn't been an easy day here, but watching Matty's Wish come to life has brought such a wonderful end to my day. Thank you, thank you to Maroo for being part of Matty's Wish, and thank you to Matty (and family) for showing us that Wishes do come true.

Long story made short, but we had a busy Christmas day, stressful to be hosting dinner and heartbreaking to see my mother's dementia continue to take her away from us. I have to wonder if she will know us by next year - it's been so fast.

But this is not a time for sadness, it's a time for hope, for wishing, for dreams come true...and the magic of Disney is not a commercial kind of thing...no, it's the spirit that lies within those who believe in wishes and making wishes come true for our children. What pleasure we take in seeing the joy of wishes granted reflected in the faces of children like Matty.

This is the day that the angels sang to the heavens of Jesus' joyous birth. Maroo, for the Wish Parents on this thread, you are an angel, embracing our children and our families and bringing great joy. Thank you.

Merry Christmas, everyone!
Alison
Old 12-26-2009, 12:21 AM   #47
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful evening full of memories! I think it's so cute that he wished to meet those guys. Thanks so much for sharing!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2009, 01:34 AM   #48
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

I was finally able to get on after the Christmas hub-bub, and sat here crying for the last 30 minutes- well, actually it was a double whammy for me; I found a copy of UP here and am watching that at the same time. I cry during the entire movie!!

What an incredible story of mirth and laughter.

Disney does it again...

Old 12-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #49
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Thanks for sharing! What a great thing Disney did for him (I loved the pictures).
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Old 12-26-2009, 04:11 PM   #50
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

perfect!

Its such a warm fuzzy feeling knowing Disney can help fulfill such random wishes!! (a Gingerbread man! How sweet is that!!)

I shared the pictures and the story with DH and DD!! and I'm so glad you gave me the head's up before you went!! I kept them all on my prayer list - and am so glad there was no rain to interfere with such magic!!

Now - if anyone has prayers to spare - add me to the list to help me over this pain in my hip so I can go the Distance Jan 9 in the Half Marathon - in the scheme of life - it matters so little! Perspective is a beautiful thing!
Old 12-26-2009, 05:06 PM   #51
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
Wow! Those pictures were wonderful and capture his smile and beautiful eyes all lit up! So so wonderful this was able to happen! I thought of Matty today while I watched the parade.
I thought of him, too!! The whole time I was looking for the Gingerbread Men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofwishkid View Post
I just had to jusmp on line today (even though I have a house full of people) just to check on Matty updates and I definetley wasnt dissapointed. How amazing to have a meet and greet with all the Gingies and Santa!
Bless you! You will just have to share this with all of your company! I showed my friend that came over today and she was amazed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmum View Post
Oh my. I've just had the most wonderful cathartic cry. It hasn't been an easy day here, but watching Matty's Wish come to life has brought such a wonderful end to my day. Thank you, thank you to Maroo for being part of Matty's Wish, and thank you to Matty (and family) for showing us that Wishes do come true.

Long story made short, but we had a busy Christmas day, stressful to be hosting dinner and heartbreaking to see my mother's dementia continue to take her away from us. I have to wonder if she will know us by next year - it's been so fast.

But this is not a time for sadness, it's a time for hope, for wishing, for dreams come true...and the magic of Disney is not a commercial kind of thing...no, it's the spirit that lies within those who believe in wishes and making wishes come true for our children. What pleasure we take in seeing the joy of wishes granted reflected in the faces of children like Matty.

This is the day that the angels sang to the heavens of Jesus' joyous birth. Maroo, for the Wish Parents on this thread, you are an angel, embracing our children and our families and bringing great joy. Thank you.

Merry Christmas, everyone!
Alison
You are so sweet.

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. And I am so glad this thread could provide some Disney magic to your Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyanggirls View Post
What a wonderful evening full of memories! I think it's so cute that he wished to meet those guys. Thanks so much for sharing!!!
Me, too! Thanks for reading and for posting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I was finally able to get on after the Christmas hub-bub, and sat here crying for the last 30 minutes- well, actually it was a double whammy for me; I found a copy of UP here and am watching that at the same time. I cry during the entire movie!!

What an incredible story of mirth and laughter.

Disney does it again...
Oh...this makes me sad - You guys, Liesa lost her Grandpa only hours after posting this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna71985 View Post
Thanks for sharing! What a great thing Disney did for him (I loved the pictures).
Thanks so much for posting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy321 View Post
perfect!

Its such a warm fuzzy feeling knowing Disney can help fulfill such random wishes!! (a Gingerbread man! How sweet is that!!)

I shared the pictures and the story with DH and DD!! and I'm so glad you gave me the head's up before you went!! I kept them all on my prayer list - and am so glad there was no rain to interfere with such magic!!

Now - if anyone has prayers to spare - add me to the list to help me over this pain in my hip so I can go the Distance Jan 9 in the Half Marathon - in the scheme of life - it matters so little! Perspective is a beautiful thing!
I am so glad the weather was good for us, too!

You can do it - you can do it! Let the Wish Kids inspire you!
Old 12-27-2009, 08:10 AM   #53
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

I definitely have tears in my eyes now! What a great story, and special experience for a special little boy. I can't believe Santa called him by name and then he got to meet all the Gingerbread men! So wonderful.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:49 AM   #54
kimmylaj
DIS Veteran

thanks for sharing, it is so wonderful to see how thoughtful everyone was. i loved reading every minute of it, and the pics are phenomenal
Old 12-27-2009, 01:01 PM   #55
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Just clicked over from your link in Liesa's TR. What a sweet story, Maroo! You are just an angel to help put things together like this. Thanks for sharing this story with us!
Old 12-27-2009, 05:39 PM   #56
dmbfan
DIS Veteran

Oh this is great..... Reminds me of Jakers when the Bell Hoppers at The Tower of Terror took Jake "behind the sceans" of the ride cause of his obession with the TOT.... They really do great things with MAW kids that is for sure.

Still loving the gringerbread costume, it is just too cute... WTG Matty on having your trip made that much more special....
Old 12-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #57
adsrtw
DIS Veteran

So wonderful. Box of tissues necessary. I know Mattie loved it and I bet some cm's did too.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:27 PM   #58
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

what a night to remember
I am glad I found it now so I could just cry all at one time
Old 12-27-2009, 09:02 PM   #59
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Oh Matty and family what a wonderful day that must of been. I am Lucas mom and it brought back alot of precious memories for us today! I am so glad you wish was to come to true. The folks at Disney and of course Maroon are some special people. I am still amazed at all they do to make children's dreams come true. Your story was amazing and I am so happy for you all!

Maroo you are one amazing woman and such a blessing! Chris was looking over my shoulder and noticed where the pictures of Matty and his family was taken. He said look it was almost right where Barbara picked us up that day to start Lucas on his magical morning! We all thought that was special. Lucas wanted to ask if you where able to see Barbara, Kent, or Ed while you were at Disney. He had their cards ready to send to you to take but everything started happening with Chris' dad that we were not able to get those to you. We have something special coming your way. I just love how you tell the stories you have such a gift that way. Even though I knew Lucas' story you still held me captive. Thank you for sharing Matty's story it was amazing! I really needed alittle pixie dust this Christmas season.

Thank you for all you do! I needed some good tears!
Old 12-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #60
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

What an awesome end to a wonderful day for Matty! I loved all the pictures, it's just amazing what a little pixie dust can do.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: