Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2009, 08:34 PM   #31
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

Eeek..sitting here crying as I just finished reading the updates! Matty must have been so thrilled with everything..and to be singled out by practically everyone in the parade.. : I can already tell I'm going to have to come on tomorrow night so I can see what happens next. You've outdone yourself once again, Maroo.

Last edited by pipersmom; 12-24-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:11 PM   #32
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

I couldn't stay away! You would make a great writer! Especially a suspense novel! I love how EVERYONE in the entire parade know of Matty! It is so nice to see these type's of wishes come true.

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-24-2009, 11:30 PM   #33
kimmylaj
DIS Veteran

loving every minute. and yes a meet and greet update would be great for christmas. you know it is officially 12;30 AM in ny so technically i am ready for my next update
seriously though have a merry christmas
Old 12-25-2009, 12:12 AM   #34
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Oh man. The tears are seriously flowing. Happy tears of course! But tears non the less. How precious this trip was. God Bless all of you people that came through for Matty. What a darling little boy.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:02 AM   #35
p00h4me
Mouseketeer

Maroo, that is such a neat thing that you did for Matty! So glad that everything worked out so that you could be there to join in with the special way the people at Disney World granted this wish to Matty. You are such a blessing to the many wish families that come to the disboards. You have a heart of gold! That last picture and description of what happened had me in tears too!

Can't wait to hear more about the Gingerbread Men meet with Matty after the parade!

Got to get cooking but I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and will check in again to read about the rest of this special night.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:03 AM   #36
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Matty is so cute!!!! I too am crying as I read the updates. Looking forward to reading about what happens next.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:05 AM   #37
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipersmom View Post
Eeek..sitting here crying as I just finished reading the updates! Matty must have been so thrilled with everything..and to be singled out by practically everyone in the parade.. : I can already tell I'm going to have to come on tomorrow night so I can see what happens next. You've outdone yourself once again, Maroo.
You will definitely have to check back very soon! Because we have a little Christmas magic to deliver today!

I promise I didn't do anything! This was all due to a wonderful DISer and Disney Cast Members!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
I couldn't stay away! You would make a great writer! Especially a suspense novel! I love how EVERYONE in the entire parade know of Matty! It is so nice to see these type's of wishes come true.
He he! I knew you would have to come back. A writer? I don't think so...but you are so kind! A suspense novel!

I can't decide if they knew about him and sought him out or if he was just so stinking cute in his costume that they could not resist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmylaj View Post
loving every minute. and yes a meet and greet update would be great for christmas. you know it is officially 12;30 AM in ny so technically i am ready for my next update
seriously though have a merry christmas
I was so asleep at 12:30 AM! I guess I am technically LATE for my friends oveseas, too... Maybe I can get this in before Noon my time and make it in time for Christmas night somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaittoseemickey View Post
Oh man. The tears are seriously flowing. Happy tears of course! But tears non the less. How precious this trip was. God Bless all of you people that came through for Matty. What a darling little boy.
He is so precious! A very neat family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00h4me View Post
Maroo, that is such a neat thing that you did for Matty! So glad that everything worked out so that you could be there to join in with the special way the people at Disney World granted this wish to Matty. You are such a blessing to the many wish families that come to the disboards. You have a heart of gold! That last picture and description of what happened had me in tears too!

Can't wait to hear more about the Gingerbread Men meet with Matty after the parade!

Got to get cooking but I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and will check in again to read about the rest of this special night.
I promise I didn't do anything!

I am very thankful I was able to join them!

More is coming soon! You are so sweet.

I hope you had a great time cooking! (And eating, of course!)
Old 12-25-2009, 11:36 AM   #38
maroo
DIS Veteran

I don't know about the rest of you guys...but after watching the Disney Parade on TV this morning...I am starting to think that Matty met some celebrities, too!

So...the parade has ended and Matty must be on cloud 9! I sure am...just watching it!

It was a trip watching the other guests come up to him after the parade...

They were all talking about how cute his costume was. I am sure some of them were wondering why this little boy was suddenly being called out by Santa himself!

My favorite Matty "fan" was this little girl...

She would not even walk up to him at first. I think she thought he was one of the real Gingers from the parade!

It was not long before our CM host, Mike, found us. He was AWESOME in putting all of this together for Matty!

Here is a picture of them together!

Can you see how bright Matty's eyes are?

Then it was TIME!!!!

We followed Mike into City Hall...

And into a special room in the back...

Where Matty was able to meet ALL of the Gingerbread Men from the Parade!!!!!

He hugged each one of them! Santa, one of his elves and the Fairy Godmother also joined in the Meet and Greet activities!

After he was able to hug each of them, they had a special Disney Photographer take his picture with ALL of the Gingerbread Men!

I will let the pictures speak for themselves and am leaving them big so that you guys can really see them!

*** ETA: All of the following pictures were taking by the DISNEY Photographers - not me! ***

Merry Christmas to all of you guys!!!!

Can there be MORE Magic?!?

Last edited by maroo; 12-30-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:47 PM   #39
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

Gee....who do you think is crying now???????

Thanx so much for posting those great px! Having professional photos is just icing on the cake.

We are suddenly a house enamored with Gingerbread Men and they seem to be showing up EVERYWHERE. We found a Xmas lawn ornament (the very last lighted sculpture way up high on a top shelf in a corner) of a gman balancing on 3 gumdrops on one leg Wednesday night and he is now proudly gracing our back patio (so WE can enjoy him....forget the passers by). When I went up to the attic to get wrapping paper to wrap gifts I found a couple of rolls of wrapping paper I had bought during the after Christmas sale last year...........you guessed it.......Gingerbread Men!! We went to a local discount store the other night for last minute deals and found ONE leftover Xmas stuffie.......a Gingerbread Man! I think Elmo may have been replaced

And just 30 minutes ago dh presented me with a Limoge box (which I collect) for Xmas. Whattya think it was it? A gingerbread man and on the inside it says "Matty's Wish 2009"

ok....I'm crying again

Thanks again.......oh so so so so much! Here's hoping your day is extra special merry and bright

Pam (and Matty )
Old 12-25-2009, 01:16 PM   #40
thatkid
Mouseketeer

That's Awesome!! Those pictures are adorable, I think Matty is the cutest gingerbread man ever.

my MAKE-A-WISH Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34622202
Old 12-25-2009, 04:21 PM   #41
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Thanks for sharing, that was a beautiful story, not a dry eye in this house either.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 12-25-2009, 06:21 PM   #42
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Maroo-

Great pics! How awesome that everyone was paying attention to Matty while the parade was going on... even Santa calling his name!

The pics at the meet & greet are great!! He looks sooooo excited!
Old 12-25-2009, 10:13 PM   #43
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Matty is so cute!!!! I too am crying as I read the updates. Looking forward to reading about what happens next.
I almost missed your post!

I hope you saw the latest update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrosby View Post
Gee....who do you think is crying now???????

Thanx so much for posting those great px! Having professional photos is just icing on the cake.

We are suddenly a house enamored with Gingerbread Men and they seem to be showing up EVERYWHERE. We found a Xmas lawn ornament (the very last lighted sculpture way up high on a top shelf in a corner) of a gman balancing on 3 gumdrops on one leg Wednesday night and he is now proudly gracing our back patio (so WE can enjoy him....forget the passers by). When I went up to the attic to get wrapping paper to wrap gifts I found a couple of rolls of wrapping paper I had bought during the after Christmas sale last year...........you guessed it.......Gingerbread Men!! We went to a local discount store the other night for last minute deals and found ONE leftover Xmas stuffie.......a Gingerbread Man! I think Elmo may have been replaced

And just 30 minutes ago dh presented me with a Limoge box (which I collect) for Xmas. Whattya think it was it? A gingerbread man and on the inside it says "Matty's Wish 2009"

ok....I'm crying again

Thanks again.......oh so so so so much! Here's hoping your day is extra special merry and bright

Pam (and Matty )
Bless you!

Of course, you guys are going to get a CD from me with ALL of the pictures on there...plus a few that I didn't post (duplicates, mostly)...and I still have a video to post.

Funny how I keep seeing Gingerbread Men everywhere, too! I went shopping for about 20 minutes yesterday and noticed 6.

And I certainly noticed SEVERAL people and Gingers in the Christmas Parade that was on TV today! Including the elf waving from the top of the toy horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatkid View Post
That's Awesome!! Those pictures are adorable, I think Matty is the cutest gingerbread man ever.
Isn't he cute!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
Thanks for sharing, that was a beautiful story, not a dry eye in this house either.
Aw. I love these special wish trip moments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Maroo-

Great pics! How awesome that everyone was paying attention to Matty while the parade was going on... even Santa calling his name!

The pics at the meet & greet are great!! He looks sooooo excited!
Glad you are enjoying the pics!

He really had a good time with all of it!
Old 12-25-2009, 10:22 PM   #44
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Wow! Those pictures were wonderful and capture his smile and beautiful eyes all lit up! So so wonderful this was able to happen! I thought of Matty today while I watched the parade.

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 12-25-2009, 10:49 PM   #45
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

I just had to jusmp on line today (even though I have a house full of people) just to check on Matty updates and I definetley wasnt dissapointed. How amazing to have a meet and greet with all the Gingies and Santa!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: