Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
snowiit
DIS Veteran

Toy Story Mania Instructions?

Wasn't sure where to ask this.....We got the wii game for Chistmas and got to the second "game" and didn't know what to do. It looks like the midway game where you take a mallot and hit the spot to make the bell ring. It said something about spinning something and our daughter did that and it stayed up but what do you do from here...? we're feeling very dumb and silly at the moment..... can someone help or lead us to some online instructions?

Thanks for the help and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Nancy
Old 12-25-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
serene56
DIS Veteran

Hold the controller---keep pushing A until the thing charges up-- then let go of the A and wack the controller fast and furious.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2009, 04:56 PM   #3
snowiit
DIS Veteran

ok second question.....we're having trouble setting it up for 2 players..... any advice?
Old 12-25-2009, 05:41 PM   #4
lolafrances
The small mailman smells like chocolate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowiit View Post
ok second question.....we're having trouble setting it up for 2 players..... any advice?
You select 2 players in the beginning from the paint palette. I think you first click on the number 1, then click on the color from the palette player 1 wants to be, then repeat for player 2.

Whenever I need help with a Wii game (which is often - my son's first game was Lego Batman) I google it and you will find some video game sites that post thorough tips, tricks, directions, etc. It was invaluable for Lego Batman!

lolafrances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:54 PM   #5
cmaee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wasn't sure where to ask this.....We got the wii game for Chistmas and got to the second "game" and didn't know what to do. It looks like the midway game where you take a mallot and hit the spot to make the bell ring. It said something about spinning something and our daughter did that and it stayed up but what do you do from here...? we're feeling very dumb and silly at the moment..... can someone help or lead us to some online instructions?

Nancy
This was us this morning too!
We finally figured it out, but it was with a lot of trial and error. I even turned the game off and started it again so we could read the directions again. Like a pp said, if you hold the A long enough then release it, the mallot will come down and hit the red button. I was so glad when our kids finally won enough points to move on to the next game.

Spring 1995 - Magical Mickey Music Days March 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside April 2009 (Easter) - Coronado Springs
August 2010 - Beach Club
December 2010 (Christmas) - Pop Century December 2012 - Pop Century
November 2014 - Pop Century
cmaee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:58 PM   #6
Harvestmooner
Mouseketeer

We were also stuck on that game today! And didn't really enjoy the balance the ball across the table to stay out of the hole game. LOVED the skeeball game!!!
Harvestmooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:55 AM   #7
maddiesmom0116
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Nancy
I had the same problem yesterday. I also thought I got more objectives fullfilled on woody's shooting one, but I kept ending up with only 2 of 5, so I kept playing it, I swear I should have gotten all 5, I evn fiqured out how to get the fish in the barrel. The game is really fun though, my dd5 got it and had no interest in it, so mommy and daddy played it.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:05 AM   #8
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:

Nancy
We had the same problem! We still couldn't get it to work letting go of the A button and whacking down with the controller. Turns out we were going "too fast" for the game to keep up. We were just a little more deliberate with our actions and it worked great.

Didn't care for the 3D and would rather just play without the glasses. It was barely noticable.. anyone else notice the same thing?
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:54 AM   #9
huskies90
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
Didn't care for the 3D and would rather just play without the glasses. It was barely noticable.. anyone else notice the same thing?
I was going to ask the same question about the 3D. Are we doing something wrong? It was barely noticeble once we unlocked those games and started playing them.
huskies90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:16 PM   #10
DisneyAndRedSox
I still call it a WEDWay PeopleMover!

Quote:
Just make sure the name isn't long when entering. "michelle" was too long, when I put Mich it went through fine!

DVC Trips:
Feb '14- Aulani dream trip cancelled due to snow (obviously Mother Nature is not a Disney fan); May '14- AKV Kidani, BCV; May '15- Pending lots of Pixie Dust... VGC, Aulani
DisneyAndRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:01 AM   #11
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
I am having the same trouble getting more than one player, and I also had trouble with the second game. Thank you so much for posting this thread, maybe we can get it to work tomorrow.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:37 AM   #12
eyeheartgoofy
DIS Veteran

LOL! I hate that stupid mallet game!!! I spent FOREVER and a day trying to figure out how to get that thing to "blast off" ... I was swining my arms like a wild woman.
eyeheartgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:39 AM   #13
MickeyHereWeCome!
DIS Veteran

We haven't gotten very far with the game (just got it for Christmas). I'm still on the ring toss game.

Anyway, does the game save itself or do I have to do something to save it? It seems I'm starting over each time I start it. And for you Wii experts...do I need a memory card to save the games or does it have a certain amount of memory already? I've already spent a fortune getting remotes for all the kids. I don't know how much memory cards are for video games.

TIA

Animal Kingdom 2002
All Star Movies 2004
All Star Movies October 2006
Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2009
Offsite Surprise Trip June 2010
Surprise Trip July 2012, Bonnet Creek/AKL
MickeyHereWeCome! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #14
GCM
Mouseketeer

Well, I have another question. What is the point in shaking the remote occasionally??? I know you get a few points, but why did they incorporate that into the game. Is it building more ammunition or something, like darts for the balloon pop??? Just really don't get that part.
GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #15
CheshireSmile
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyHereWeCome! View Post
And for you Wii experts...do I need a memory card to save the games or does it have a certain amount of memory already? I've already spent a fortune getting remotes for all the kids. I don't know how much memory cards are for video games.

TIA
The Wii has its own internal memory, so you do not need a memory card unless you use all the internal memory up, which is difficult to do unless you have LOTS of games. The memory card slots in the top are for if you're using the Wii to play Gamecube games, which did require an additional memory card to save, since the Gamecube did not have its own internal memory. If you need or would like to have a memory card for your Wii, you just need an SD card, I believe.
CheshireSmile is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: