Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Ferb, I know What We're Going to Do Today! - Updated 9/30

Hi and welcome to my trip report.

I am recently back from a week of pre-holiday fun down at the world. My chronicles of my quest for adventure can be caught up on in my PTR -

Looking for Adventure in the Great Wide Somewhere

I had really been looking forward to taking it easier on this trip and letting myself "enjoy the details." I wanted to take the time to explore the parks, and not just see them at my usual commando pace. My last trip had been filled with family stress, and I wanted nothing to do with that this time. Rest, Relaxation, and Exploration were going to be my key words.

Did it happen?

You'll have to stay tuned to find out. I will say that ended up being different from what I was expecting. That's not to say it was a bad trip. Iit just didn't end up being the trip that I had really been longing for. I think I may have been hoping for a bit too much.

I promise I'll be as honest as possible, even though I'm pretty sure that I'm going to come across as a bit whiney and selfish occasionally. By the end of the trip I was starting to feel a bit diva-ish in spite of attempts to curb it.

So The Who, the When, the Where and the Why about this trip -

The Who -

Me - I just turned 39 this year, am single and have no children of my own. I do have two amazing nieces that I adore and borrow as often as possible. Sadly they weren't able to come on this trip. I'm from CT, but work in my favorite city in the world, NYC. I'm a complete Disney addict who was the sole planner of this trip, which may have led to a bit of stress and aggravation during this trip.

My BFF - (remaining photoless) Like me single with no children. We've been friends since meeting at a summer job back in our college days. Turned 40 earlier this year, and when I found out her original trip plans for her birthday had been cancelled, invited her along for what was originally going to be a solo trip for me. Completely opposite of me - has no interest in the planning of the trip at all. Gave me completely free reign to make whatever plans I wanted. Basically only needed to book her airfare and meet me in Orlando.

The When -
December 5-12, 2009

The Where -
3 nights at the All Star Sports Resort and 4 nights at the Boardwalk Inn Concierge Level

The Why -
It's Disney! I can't think of a better reason why!

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR

Last edited by If U Had Wings; 09-30-2010 at 03:33 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: