Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

*EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON TR-Last Trip as a CM*OHANA..UGH! pg 9 3/14

HI DIS FRIENDS AND WELCOME TO MY TR!!!!!!

I've been super busy the past few days that I got back. I'm trying to pull together my lesson plans for the next two weeks, wrap gifts for my kiddos at school, get their parent's gifts ready to wrap, and attempt to get sleep at night!

I just wanted to say HI and Welcome to the TR...

..There were highs and lows yet no tears so STAY TUNED TO THIS WEEKEND WHERE IT WILL ALL BEGIN!!!!!!!!!

UP NEXT:
..How did my last day of work go?
...Will the flight be delayed?
...Will we have issues will Dollar Rental Cars??
...Were Dm and Dbro able to check into YC without me?!!

Last edited by TinkerbellLuvr7; 03-14-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

I'm here!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2009, 07:44 AM   #3
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I'm here too!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 12-18-2009, 05:50 PM   #4
luckylady
DIS Veteran

I'm in.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #5
caralyn817
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear it!

Old 12-18-2009, 08:01 PM   #6
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Action!!!!!!!

WELCOME TO MY TRIP REPORT!!!!!!!!!!!

..EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON!!!!!!
(Last Trip as a WDW CM..maybe?)

If you have followed over from my Pre-TR HELLO!
If you are new to my TR WELCOME!!!

Here is some brief background:

My name is Megan formally from Pittsburgh and then Cinderella's Castle, Animal Kingdom, and Cindy's Castle again, now Cincinnati, OH.

Cast:
Dbro( brother) 22:
Dm (mom)
Dd (dad)

History
-I've been a loyal fan of WDW every since I was 7 and we stayed on site at POFQ for our first week long vacation to WDW. Prior to that we would do day trip and drive up from Ft. Lauderdale where my G-parents lived in the winter.

-Friends of mine in college had done the disney college program (CP) and prior to starting my student teaching fall 2007, I decided to apply and applied for 4 jobs only: BBB, Character Attendant, Rides, and Front Desk. I figured if it was meant to be it was meant to be...I had my interview Sept 1 and found out Sept 19 (my 1/2 birthday) that I was accepted into the CP as a Fairy Godmother in Training at BBB!!
-At check-in my roomie from Pittsburgh and I wanted to live with 2 other girls and when we asked we were told no and they put us with 2 girls in front and 2 girls in the back. It ended up being the best thing ever. It has been almost 2 years and we still communicate weekly!!
-After 6 months I threw my teaching idea out the window for the time being and decided to apply for a professional internship with WDW. Picked 3 jobs dealing with education and animals at AK, interviewed and got the job at AK at the Kids Discovery Clubs with a team of 20 interns
-2 of the girls from my CP apt lived with me along with 2 new girls that were interns as well

-After 7 months of the best team of interns I could have asked for, I was VERY lucky to be one of 4 to be chosen to get Seasonal Status with WDW to work while the new interns trained. For a month I worked at AK and then went back to BBB from Feb-May.
-After NO luck getting full time with WDW at BBB, I started looking at jobs online in PA and OH (dad moved to OH for a job, DM and Dbro will move when house sells in PA). I got one response from a resume posting on monster, interviewed and was offered the teaching spot on the job.

-I'm now the proud teacher of 21 active 4 and 5 pre-k'ers!!!

So that is how the trip came to be. Supposedly my status with WDW ends Dec 31 so we decided to plan the trip for mid Dec!

INFO

RESORTS: DEC 10 at YC and DEC 11-15 at WL.
FLEW TO ORLANDO VIA DELTA
RENTED A CAR FROM DOLLAR RENTAL CARS FOR LESS THAN $200
NO DDP

So that is pretty much it!!!!!

Here is a pic of the fam from last year's trip:

...and as they say:

LET THE SHOW BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-18-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Day one part one:

FINALLY ZERO DAYS LEFT!!!!!!

And so it begins!!!!!

DEC 10, 2009

My day began with waking up at 5:50am, not to go to WDW but to go to work . I co-teach so my co-teacher (we call her S) switched me shifts so I went in at 7 instead of 8:30 .

When I got to work, I had one child and found out that I only had to work until 1:30, not 3 due to 2 children not coming and us being under ratio

All day long, I attempted to keep patience as to not lash out at my 4 year olds and keep sane until 1:30!!!!

FINALLY 1:30 came and I practically ran out the door!!! I ran through LJS for a quick lunch before heading home to shower and pack up to leave!

I took these pic's before I left:

Dbro and Dm's flight from Pittsburgh was at 1:30.

I left at 3:45 to head to Dd's work to pick him up and head to Cincinnati airport. At 3:45 Dm called and said they had made it and headed to DME to find an hour wait due to an accident in the bus lanes causing major back-ups. They arrived to YC by 5:30, stopping at POR, BW, BC, and finally YC. They were able to check in without my ID and were on the first floor (pics later). After that they headed to DTD to shop, ESPN Club/Zone? for dinner, Fireworks view from BW, and Beaches and Cream for dessert!!!!

Dd and I made it to the park-ride spot by 5:20 and were picked up right away by the driver.
Dd and I made it to the airport by 5:30 for our 8:10 flight and went right to a kiosk to check in since Dm and Dbro took our luggage on Southwest for free After waiting 4 people at security we made it through without any issues!!
We found the gate and an on-time departure and headed to find some dinner! We stopped at Max & Erma's but it was closed already, Dd didn't want Outback, so we settled for Wolfgang Puck's. I got a bbq chix sandwich with really really salty fries. Needless to say, I was happy we got a decent snack on Delta because it was not so great of a sandwich!

FINALLY AT 7:45PM WE WERE READY TO BOARD:

And that is it for airport pics. My Dd refused to take a pic of me waiting I said Dm would have!!!! I don't like taking pics on the airplane now-a-days even though I know you can Oh well!!!!

UNTIL NEXT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UP Next:

Will we be delayed??
Will we have a rental car waiting for us or face disaster and DME??!!!
Will we be sleeping in our disney beds before midnight???!!!!

Old 12-19-2009, 12:59 PM   #8
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Yay you started

Sounds good so far

Glad your mom and brother had no problem checking into YC

Beaches and Cream is so good
Old 12-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #9
buzz for boys
Certified Serious Stitch Stalker

cant wait to read more !!!

Old 12-19-2009, 04:12 PM   #10
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Glad everyone got there okay and they were able to check in without you there!
Old 12-19-2009, 07:06 PM   #11
wdwgirl03

Can't wait for more!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 12-20-2009, 12:00 AM   #12
joy13
DIS Veteran

I'm here - great start!
Old 12-21-2009, 08:22 PM   #13
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Yay you started

Sounds good so far

Glad your mom and brother had no problem checking into YC

Beaches and Cream is so good
I've eaten there before when I lived in WDW and LOVED IT!!! They really would do a killing if they had a larger location but I understand the size reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz for boys View Post

cant wait to read more !!!
Coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaPolynesian View Post
Glad everyone got there okay and they were able to check in without you there!
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Can't wait for more!
Same here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
I'm here - great start!
Welcome!!
Old 12-21-2009, 08:41 PM   #14
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Part 2'ish

Hi DIS!!! Sorry I have been MIA for the past few days. I've been busy with all the Xmas getting readys and work, I've neglected DIS a little
Since I have no countdown in my siggie, I'm in no rush

Random OT:

I figured since I had a few mins while my cupcakes were cooling, I would update before the craziness of Xmas arrives! Tomorrow we are having our school xmas party. I still work on Wed but most of my kiddos will not be there so I randomly decided over the weekend to throw a PJ/Movie/Food/Gift party.
I really went all out for the kid's gifts..
I got them all .99 stockings at Target and glittered their names. Inside is a baggie of a pencil, eraser, lolly pop, and candy cane. I got the girls $1.00 baby dolls and princess lip gloss. For the boys I got a matchbox car and play doh. We will be watching Alvin and the Chipmunks Xmas tomorrow and I made holiday cupcakes.

..speaking of Play Doh. I went to the dr. today for a allergy check-up and found out that I had an allergic reaction to the play doh I used to make the parent's ornaments on Friday Ya, how can a teacher be allergic to Play-Doh is beyond me. I guess it has something to do with the oil in it??? I'm also dealing with another medical issue that I won't disclose but it's not life threatening, more or less just a hassle that will go away with meds and creams ugh! My poor Dr. is like for 24 you should not be going through this but I guess it's hereditary because my dad had it when he was 24..thanks dad

On a happier note, S is being induced at 8am so baby Avery will be arriving soon! The kids all miss her already I figured since she is going through child birth tomorrow, we'd have a Xmas party!

OKAY BACK TO THE TR!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we left off, Dd and I were getting on the plane. We were in Zone 3 and seats 16 both aisles. When we got on the plane, Dd's middle seat was empty with a guy at the window. I was pushed in the aisle by 2 guys next to me. The plane gods must have been working magic because the plane was not full and I was able to move to 15 aisle and have the middle seat empty!!!

When asked the "coolest" part of the trip..it had to be the live TVs on Delta, hands down. I was able to watch The Office live, HGTV-house hunters, food network, you name it! You could also play games and compete with the passengers on the plane. I didn't play any games though. I pretty much looked at the shows and flight status during commercials.

Sorry no pics as I said before

After our 2 hour flight, full drink service, and a snack, we finally landed in MCO with no bumps at all! I was able to watch my little touch screen TV until we got to the gate!

Now, we did not have bags as Dm and Dbro took them on Southwest, Dd and I took turns using the potty before going to Dollar Rental Car.

I had read reviews online about Dollar and their poor customer service, crappy cars, and long waits. Thanks to Dis, we signed up for the express line to save some time. We got to Dollar and the line was empty, 2 workers working, and 2 guests in line. We waited a whole 5 mins in the express line and it was Dd's turn.

The lady said when he bought the car it was for mid-size or higher...
we ended up with a Dodge Van. We don't have a van in our family so Dd was a bit nervous about it but agreed to it. The man beside us was NOT happy about his van at all!!! We got the papers and headed to the garage for the keys...once again no line at the keys

We found our van and found several dents in it which we reported on the way out and were on our way to:......

And I'll be leaving you with that for now!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!

UP NEXT:

-Where will our YC room be located??
-Will we want to stay and forget WL??
-Will I fulfill my dream of going down the pirate ship slide?!!!!

Old 12-22-2009, 08:14 AM   #15
wdwgirl03

Aww, sounds like you're going to have a fun day at school!

That is pretty cool about the TVs on the plane. Can't wait to hear what you have to say about the Yacht Club.
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: