Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2009, 06:36 AM   #496
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Just want to say to mrsklamc: Good luck and know that we are with you today as you go through your treatment!!!

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:10 PM   #497
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

Thanks! Thursday was the worst as promised but not too bad physically. I was PMS-ing right before treatment too and I think that was really exacerbating the hypo symptoms as I am feeling better today. I AM just so SICK of this LID at almost 3 weeks and even more frustrated that I don't know how sure they are that it helps.

They are releasing me Wed. At 11:15 AM from the diet and Heaven help anyone between me and whatever I crave most at that time!
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2009, 06:22 AM   #498
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
Thanks! Thursday was the worst as promised but not too bad physically. I was PMS-ing right before treatment too and I think that was really exacerbating the hypo symptoms as I am feeling better today. I AM just so SICK of this LID at almost 3 weeks and even more frustrated that I don't know how sure they are that it helps.

They are releasing me Wed. At 11:15 AM from the diet and Heaven help anyone between me and whatever I crave most at that time!
Glad to hear things are going well for you. I know the LID is awful. FWIW, I do think it helps so just know that you have done the best for yourself and optimized your treatment. You will never look back and say "Wow, I wish I had done better or had done the LID." With cancer treatments you need to do all you can to make sure you get rid of it!!!

So what do you think you'll eat on Wednesday. Most people routinely go for pizza or Mexican food!

Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
Old 12-13-2009, 08:26 AM   #499
mrsklamc

Thanks Christine! For about all of last week I REALLY wanted a cheeseburger and a milkshake, but Friday I was watching standup on comedy central and they kept showing commercials for the cheesy gordita crunch at Taco Bell- I think that's in the lead- it's the cheese that's really making this hard. Well, that and a symptom I wasn't expecting from being hypo since I'm eating so mnay fruits and vegetables.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:05 PM   #500
Christine

Quote:
Well, that and a symptom I wasn't expecting from being hypo since I'm eating so mnay fruits and vegetables.
I think I know what one you're talking about. Not fun. Everything just slows down so much, it is really unavoidable.

Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
Old 12-16-2009, 04:15 PM   #501
Christine

Quote:
Thanks Christine! For about all of last week I REALLY wanted a cheeseburger and a milkshake, but Friday I was watching standup on comedy central and they kept showing commercials for the cheesy gordita crunch at Taco Bell- I think that's in the lead- it's the cheese that's really making this hard. Well, that and a symptom I wasn't expecting from being hypo since I'm eating so mnay fruits and vegetables.

So tell us--how was your iodine-laden afternoon?

Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
Old 12-16-2009, 08:25 PM   #502
mrsklamc

Honestly, I didn't pig out quite like I expected. My appetite still just isn't there. But I did have a small sandwich with melted cheese on top and I do NOT know when anything has tasted SO good.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:59 PM   #503
MariDisney
Learned a difficult lesson about eating chocolate in the dark!
Had to admit to eating bird poo to get what she wanted
Fully open=cool. Fully closed=cool. Half way=no can do

Hi everyone...I hope you don't mind if I pop in here. I'll give you a little background about myself. I'm 40 and my primary "issues" have been fertility related. I was diagnosed as hyper abotu 2.5 years ago and went on tapazole for several months. I couldn't stand my endo so I just stopped dealing with it. Yes, I know that's crazy. So, fast forward to a few months ago and I see my reproductive endo for one last push at fertility treatment. He did standard bloodwork and my TSH came back as basically 0. SO, off he sent me to the thyroid guy. No fertility treatment til I get it worked out.

Saw the new endo (who I like) 4 weeks ago. He ordered a million tests. He basically said that if the thyroid is high it's coming out if I want to conceive. Because of my age, there's no time to do the radiation and you shouldn't be PG on the meds. A few days after my blood draw he called in tapazole, 20 mgs 2x/day. SO, I've been on it about 3 weeks now. I also had an ultrasound where they found 2 nodules. Tomorrow I see the endo, and I'm sure he'll be sending me to the surgeon.

So, I thought this would be a good place for me to come for support and info. Hope you don't mind a new face!
Mari...A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow is Just a Dream Away...7/98 Carribean Beach ... 1/03 All Star Movies ...9/03 All Star Music ... 6/04 Port Orleans Riverside Honeymoon ... 1/05 Port Orleans French Quarter ... 1/06 Carribean Beach ...9/06 Pop Century ... 8/07 Port Orleans Riverside...9/08 Port Orleans French Quarter...9/09 Coronado Springs...9/11 Port Orleans Riverside
MariDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:20 PM   #504
mrsklamc

Welcome- I'm pretty new here myself, but I just wanted to say, I had my thyroid removed in October and I was terrified of the surgery- and it really wasn't too bad.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #505
MariDisney
Learned a difficult lesson about eating chocolate in the dark!
Had to admit to eating bird poo to get what she wanted
Fully open=cool. Fully closed=cool. Half way=no can do

Quote:
Welcome- I'm pretty new here myself, but I just wanted to say, I had my thyroid removed in October and I was terrified of the surgery- and it really wasn't too bad.
Thanks for the welcome. Do you mind me asking how long you were in the hospital and how long you were out of commission? I know the endo can tell me tomorrow, but I would love some real life experiences.
Mari...A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow is Just a Dream Away...7/98 Carribean Beach ... 1/03 All Star Movies ...9/03 All Star Music ... 6/04 Port Orleans Riverside Honeymoon ... 1/05 Port Orleans French Quarter ... 1/06 Carribean Beach ...9/06 Pop Century ... 8/07 Port Orleans Riverside...9/08 Port Orleans French Quarter...9/09 Coronado Springs...9/11 Port Orleans Riverside
MariDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:56 AM   #506
mrsklamc

Well, mine was removed at a surgery center and I was just there for overnight. Your recovery should be easier than mine because they had to take a lot of lymph nodes too, but I was home for 2 weeks and most of the 2nd was because I couldn't turn my head to drive on that one side. My incision was Much larger than yours would need to be.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:26 AM   #507
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

welcome Mari and best of luck to you. My experience was very, um, unusual. I dont want to scare you with the details before your surgery, I am one of those one in a million, it could only happen to you people.

Micayla - I said a prayer for you when I was in disney and was online once and saw you were still sticking it out with the diet. I bet you feel great, food wise that is. Do you mind sharing what your actual rad. dose was. Mine was 200.

Next week I am going to the endo, she did alot of tests, not just thyroid stuff and I guess she will discuss them with me then, so I will have a little update to post next week, Last christmas, disney with cancer that I didnt even know about yet, and this year christmas in disney with dh and being in remission. God is Good. I even got to meet the beast and dh told belle I had stage 4 cancer
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:30 AM   #508
mrsklamc

My dose was 150. I am not as 'in heaven' foodwise as I had anticipated because I have a bit of a funny taste in my mouth.

Mari doesn't have cancer though so no reason for her to be scared.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:50 PM   #509
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Quote:
My dose was 150. I am not as 'in heaven' foodwise as I had anticipated because I have a bit of a funny taste in my mouth.

Mari doesn't have cancer though so no reason for her to be scared.
Did you try the sour lemon drops. They are also suppose to help your salivary glands post rai.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:57 PM   #510
mrsklamc

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
Did you try the sour lemon drops. They are also suppose to help your salivary glands post rai.
I was instructed to do that the first two days after. I wonder if it would still help? I suppose it can't hurt anything.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: