Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 09:02 AM   #3181
mrtoffee
Mouseketeer

Hi guys, british disney dad here. Just joined the forum a couple of weeks ago and stumbled accross this tread today. Please can i join your little corner of disney?
Old 12-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #3182
The Disney Fanatic
DIS Dad's Club Member #1

Welcome Aboard!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtoffee View Post
Hi guys, british disney dad here. Just joined the forum a couple of weeks ago and stumbled accross this tread today. Please can i join your little corner of disney?
Your membership will push us over 400!
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #3183
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtoffee View Post
Of course you can! Welcome! Tell us a little about yourself... what's your name? How many times have you been to WDW? How many kids?
You are member # 401!

WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB!

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 12-16-2009, 12:22 PM   #3184
1Grumpy John
Grumpketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
In case you guys wonder what my life is REALLY like...

I'm the last guy to speak...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0_gu...eature=related
OK sprayed the monitor again over this one
Grumpy John What! you expected Prince Charming?DisDads club member #34
B2B October 2010 - Bahamas - PLATINUM reached; EASTWOOD MANOR Special Turkey Day Celebration
Jan 2011-DREAM Maiden Voyage; B2B Apr 2011-LA-Van Repo/May 2011-Alaska; April 29, 2012 Hawaii
Old 12-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #3185
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Hey guys - first off, WELCOME to our newest Dads - and woot, woot, for achieving 400! My last post was 10 pages ago prior to heading down to Atlanta - straight from So. Cal. I wasn't finished posting pics from my DL trip yet... so sorry, I guess I'll just have to bore you all with a few more. Once I finish uploading them to photobucket I'll get a few more posted here for you all - and then scroll through those 10 pages to get caught up on what's going on. I did post on the party bus thread for the Dec. 2010 trip meet some of you are planning ... I'm hoping we can work that out and join you guys, but I'm still not sure. If nothing else, I can probably head down myself for a couple to a few days solo.

We're presently nailing down our 2010 & 11 trips now other than the big family reunion one we're taking in Jan (my folks are joining us from Oregon, & my bro is flying in from Hawaii as well) - a mere 26 days away now. Can't wait for that! So hopefully a Dec. trip will work out. Additionally we have an anniversary trip to VWL in March, and I promised a daddy/daughter trip for sometime next fall - perhaps this will be the December trip... hmmm, I'm just thinking about that one. That could work out...

Our plans are fluid right now - we were planning on heading west as a family, even have a reservation at VGC for the summer, but that is possibly going to change before too long. DW is still pondering. Oh well... I'm taking a wait and see approach right now. I'm hoping that we can make it work, but that one might need to be postponed until spring or summer 2011 since DS13 starts the 9th grade next fall, going in to the public school system (he's been homeschooled all along) so we're facing some BIG changes to our vacation timing abilities over the next 12 years , since DS10 will be following him when he reaches high school as well - and then by the time DS10 is ready to graduate, DD5 will be entering high school shortly thereafter as well... the flexibility is leaving in 2010! Ugh. Oh well. Time does go by quickly. It seems he was just born, and now he's taller than his mom and catching up to me. Lately I've been putting myself into my parents' shoes now - thinking about how in the not too distant future DW & I will be wondering when our kids will "have time" to come for a visit, call, etc...

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 12-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #3186
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by itJeff View Post

Wow... we hit 400! What's our next goal?

I was going to say 401...but we already hit it...402?
Old 12-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #3187
1Grumpy John
Grumpketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Sign me up! I found this thread a few days ago and thought I'd fit in with some like-minded Dis Dads. And with my December 2010 trip in the works, I have to join, right? It seems like a lot of you are going then. If I timed it right, I may be Dis Dad #400. Do I get a commemorative mug or something?
I've been a Disney nut all my life. The wife doesn't exactly embrace the Dis obsession, but she does tolerate it though. I'm teaching the three little ones well, so someday our collective fanaticism will make annual WDW trips a tradition like I grew up with.
yes you get to buy the first round
Grumpy John What! you expected Prince Charming?DisDads club member #34
B2B October 2010 - Bahamas - PLATINUM reached; EASTWOOD MANOR Special Turkey Day Celebration
Jan 2011-DREAM Maiden Voyage; B2B Apr 2011-LA-Van Repo/May 2011-Alaska; April 29, 2012 Hawaii
Old 12-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #3188
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Grumpy John View Post
yes you get to buy the first round
And after reading the last few pages, you guys appear to be thirsty. Maybe being #400 wasn't such a good idea. This may get expensive.
DIS Dad #400

Old 12-16-2009, 12:42 PM   #3189
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
And after reading the last few pages, you guys appear to be thirsty. Maybe being #400 wasn't such a good idea. This may get expensive.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 12-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #3190
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ummmmm....Goofy...just in case you're wondering....there is a man law about the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5zYP...sh+div-1r-1-HM

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 12-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #3191
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member

Quote:
And rowdy!

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
Old 12-16-2009, 12:49 PM   #3192
itJeff
I'm just not so sure how well this plan was thought through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
I was going to say 401...but we already hit it...402?
It's always important to aim high, huh?
Dis Dad's Club Member #367

We're driving 17 hours??? AGAIN??? Yes Dear, I'm THAT kinda guy. My Pre-Trip Report (Updated 5/18)

2001 FW Cabins - 2007 CBR - 2010 POR
Old 12-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #3193
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Pumping Fuel Tank out of boat: Fun

Discovering the fuel stabilizers worked: Awesome

Finding out the cranking battery is dead at the ramp: Even More Awesome

Disney Fed's Minivan (by popular request):

Now ask me how much a new cranking battery cost me this morning?

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

Last edited by DisneyFed; 12-16-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:06 PM   #3194
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
Pumping Fuel Tank out of boat: Fun

Discovering the fuel stabilizers worked: Awesome

Finding out the cranking batter is dead at the ramp: Even More Awesome

Disney Fed's Minivan (by popular request):

Now ask me how much a new cranking battery cost me this morning?
OOPS! How many were waiting at the ramp??

That's a pretty sweet setup you got there... makes me want to go fishing...

Old 12-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #3195
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
OOPS! How many were waiting at the ramp??

That's a pretty sweet setup you got there... makes me want to go fishing...
No one (thank God)...it was just me...it's cold here in South Georgia...brrrr, it was 59 degrees.....wind made it feel almost like 55

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: