Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #31
truck1
Growing older but not up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetymom View Post
Until the final NTSB report on the crash is released I doubt you will be able to ride up front.

Thats my guess also. At the very least the guests up front policy will be revisited. Generally speaking though it takes somewhere around a year for the NTSB to release the full details of the report.Thats when Id expect to see a change or an official decision to continue the ban or lift. From what several people that still work in rails have told me was that its a temp ban pending the NTSB report.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #32
Eljay
DIS Veteran

Location: Lounging around the Royal Assante Suite at the AKL in my leopard pajamas, drinking Champagne! (In my dreams!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniD44 View Post
We were there 11/28-12/6. Our first ride on the monorail, my DH asked the CM at the station if our kids could ride up front if no one was there. He said they didn't do that anymore. When my DH asked why the CM said they weren't allowed to discuss it. Kind of a werid response I thought. I told my DH about the accident so he understood, but I think if someone didn't know that the answer, "We're not allowed to discuss it" would raise a lot of questions.
I too find it odd that they say that.
You would think that they could just say it's a "new policy" or something simple like that. To say they're not allowed to discuss it, just causes more curiosity for those who haven't heard about the accident.
Eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #33
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

"We're not allowed to discuss it" is an easy way to avoid a difficult conversation---a lot of the Monorail Cast are still *very* upset about the whole thing, and some Guests, knowing about it, have been, well, less than fully understanding.

I will be surprised if guests ever ride in the pilot cabin again in the Mark VI trains. A new train design, with a bit more thought to what happens if they collide? Maybe, but maybe not even then.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:51 PM   #34
jennipooh
Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon

We were there in August/September and I did not think to ask to sit up front. I don't think I was ready to consider it.

When ds was little he would say that the Monorail was his favorite ride at Disney World. He loved riding up front. Those are fond memories for us. It is sad to consider what happened to that very young cm.

jennipooh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: