Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2009, 06:43 AM   #331
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

I had to laugh about the shower thing! Not at you really, just at the memories it brought to me. If you remember when we cruised the KK with you all in 07, I had not only my 2 boys but my 2 nephews... Being that they have all grown up together, they are always playing tricks on each other and such. I am used to screams and yells coming from the bedroom or bathroom and rarely even get up unless it is that SOUND that you know is serious.

Before the cruise they apparantly broke the then 11yo into horror movies... classic ones so they wouldn't scar him too deeply. This is my kid that is still afraid of the dark so it meant a few sleepless nights for him.

Because the shower curtain kept doing the cling thing... my youngest swore it was one of the boys trying to scare him in a psycho reinactment. So he would yell and throw back the curtain and no one was there he of course REALIZED it was a GHOST! By day 3 he would not stay in the room alone and had begun to shower in our room as there was not a curtain issue there.

To this day if we travel and the shower curtain begins to sneak up to kill him, he puts a towel on the ledge and the shower curtain outside and just cleans up his mess after...He is 13 for goodness sakes and should know that there is not a shower killing ghost in our home.
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
Old 12-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #332
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Wow! I'm still in sticker shock over the $400!!!! Thank goodness you got a reimbursement on it. Phew!
I'm glad you reported on dinner at Topsiders. We were thinking of doing that with the kids before sending them to the Club and Flounders but we'll go a different route instead. I'm sure eating vegetarian for all of us (including the kids) might be impossible there anyway. Thanks for the update!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #333
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post

HAHAHAHA!! I love you!!

Cass and Rob kissed and made up.
smoochers no doubt.

all kidding aside.....so sorry you guys wernt feeling well. we soooo missed seeing you guys around.this was our 3rd cruise with you guys and we didnt get our usual Canadian fix. (guess we'll have to fly to Canada for that)

we went to Topsiders for dinner on the Wonder last year and it was really good.
but we agree...this years food was bad. i asked for porterhouse steak...PLAIN!!! nothing on it.(you know me) Sure enough, it came with asparagus on top of it!!
i took one for the team and ate it anyway.
thank goodness for the great company.
Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Old 12-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #334
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

as far as the shower curtain problem goes...
i just jump in the shower with Robin and hold the curtain back away from her.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:36 AM   #335
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwasatWDWforamonth View Post
I feel bad you guys were so sick,

My mom and I spent our whole time paranoid at WDW because it seemed like everyone was sick around us, it almost made it less fun because we figured if we got really sick they would'nt let us on the ship, im not sure how we managed not to catch something.

I was'nt feeling right for the whole cruise because of the gas odor, it seems odd as ive never heard anyone complain about it before, but it was extremly strong in out first stateroom and it was even bothering me at times while we were eating up by the mickey pool, it was our 4th Disney cruise and its the first time ive noticed it. but one night I got really sick, just really lightheaded and missed the comedy show i'd wanted to see. I notice in most of the cruise pics im pale. I could'nt relax figuring any minute i'd get sicker and they would lock me up

I got a really bad sunburn in St Thomas, I walked back to the ship with a towel over my head which really was'nt helping anything because my legs were on fire, despite spf50. ok and somehow I still looked pale

so I feel bad about the overcast at Castaway because I was telling my mom we needed a cloudy day, and asking if she knew a cloud dance, but then when we got off the ship and it was cloudy I was like"what did I do?" "where's the sun?"....

thats so nice they gave Kira stuff and im glad you guys were able to get out and enjoy Castaway and again I wish i'd met up with you guys

Wow, sounds like you had a tough trip too!!! It's tough when you look so forward to a trip and spend lots of money and it doesn't turn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
I had to laugh about the shower thing! Not at you really, just at the memories it brought to me. If you remember when we cruised the KK with you all in 07, I had not only my 2 boys but my 2 nephews...: Being that they have all grown up together, they are always playing tricks on each other and such. I am used to screams and yells coming from the bedroom or bathroom and rarely even get up unless it is that SOUND that you know is serious.

Before the cruise they apparantly broke the then 11yo into horror movies... classic ones so they wouldn't scar him too deeply. This is my kid that is still afraid of the dark so it meant a few sleepless nights for him.

Because the shower curtain kept doing the cling thing... my youngest swore it was one of the boys trying to scare him in a psycho reinactment. So he would yell and throw back the curtain and no one was there he of course REALIZED it was a GHOST! l: By day 3 he would not stay in the room alone and had begun to shower in our room as there was not a curtain issue there.

To this day if we travel and the shower curtain begins to sneak up to kill him, he puts a towel on the ledge and the shower curtain outside and just cleans up his mess after...He is 13 for goodness sakes and should know that there is not a shower killing ghost in our home.
OMG, that is too funny!!!!!! Your poor boy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
Wow! I'm still in sticker shock over the $400!!!! Thank goodness you got a reimbursement on it. Phew!
I'm glad you reported on dinner at Topsiders. We were thinking of doing that with the kids before sending them to the Club and Flounders but we'll go a different route instead. I'm sure eating vegetarian for all of us (including the kids) might be impossible there anyway. Thanks for the update!
I wish I had taken a picture of the menu because it was rather pathetic! I know you won't read this for awhile because you are in WDW and about to take a cruise but I hope you have fun and can't wait to read your trippie!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerneeds View Post
Cass and Rob kissed and made up. smoochers no doubt.

all kidding aside.....so sorry you guys wernt feeling well. we soooo missed seeing you guys around.this was our 3rd cruise with you guys and we didnt get our usual Canadian fix. (guess we'll have to fly to Canada for that):

we went to Topsiders for dinner on the Wonder last year and it was really good.
but we agree...this years food was bad. i asked for porterhouse steak...PLAIN!!! nothing on it.(you know me) Sure enough, it came with asparagus on top of it!!
i took one for the team and ate it anyway.:
thank goodness for the great company.:
We made up a long time ago One thing about Rob and I is that we don't do well when we fight because we are each other's best friends...hard to get by without your best friend

Wow, you ate steak with asparagus juice on it??? Did Robin have to carry you back to the room????

Yup, I would say we were in our cabin about 60-70% of the cruise for me and Kira and probably 80% for Rob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerneeds View Post
as far as the shower curtain problem goes...
i just jump in the shower with Robin and hold the curtain back away from her.
Good plan
Old 12-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #336
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 17 Part 1

October 31st - BLT & Halloween at MNSSHP

This day is going to be split into many parts because I have over 70 pictures from this day!!

I think we were all awake at around 7am. Rob showered and then I showered and then he went up to Topsiders and brought us back a tray of food for breakfast.

I think I had half a chocolate croissant and some milk and that was it. Rob and Kira ate well and she seemed to be doing pretty well.

We left our room just before 8am and walked off the ship. There was no line to get off the ship but there was a huge line in the hallway just after you get off. I guess they only let so many people in the luggage room at once so as to not cause chaos. It was a pain really because it took us about 30 minutes to go from the ship to the luggage area.

Once we got down there, I grabbed a porter, found our luggage and we went to the Avis shuttle area. I tipped our porter and instead of joining the long line for the shuttle, we asked for a cab. The CM called a taxi for us and warned them that we had a lot of luggage.

At this point Kira was melting down and I wasn't feeling good and I really didn't want to wait in that long line and wait for 1 or even 2 shuttles before we could board. All I wanted to do was get out of there so I was willing to pay the $20 for the taxi to get to Avis.

While it was nice and quick, it was a pain because the driver kept offering to take us to Disney. He was so irritating because he just wouldn't take no for an answer. Doesn't matter what I said to this dude he just wouldn't shut up!!!!!!!! This went on the entire time it took us to get to Avis!!! In all our trips in the Caribbean, we've never been harassed as much as this before!

He dropped us off at Avis, sort of helped me with the luggage while Rob went in to get our van and I gave him the $20. No tip, nothing!! I felt like this guy needed to tip me for putting up with his crap the whole way!

Rob was only about 10 minutes and then he installed Kira's car seat while I loaded the luggage. Good thing he's quick at it!

I was not looking forward to this trip back. If you remember, Kira was miserable the entire way down and it was so stressful for us and I was worried that she would be the same going back.

We stopped at 7-eleven for some drinks, snacks and kleenex and then we were off to Bay Lake Tower in WDW.

Kira was actually really good for most of the trip, which was great because I was in no condition for dealing with a huge meltdown.

About an hour later, we arrived at BLT!

The check-in for BLT is actually inside the Contemporary Resort at the same registration desk too. There were quite a few people there and only 1 check-in area open. I waited about 15 minutes and then all of a sudden 3 more areas opened. Would have been nice if that happened 15 mins before

I very politely asked if there were any rooms available now. We had booked a lake view studio but I told her that I would give up the view for a standard view if it meant that I could get in the room earlier.

Although she seemed a little , she did find us a room that was available immediately so I was happy happy happy!!!!!!!!!!

Just as I was walking towards the exit, Rob and Kira were walking in. Apparently Kira had a really messy diaper and needed changing right away.

I grabbed her and her stuff and went to the ladies room. Without grossing you out too much, it wasn't pretty Her bum was sore and she was crying and it was hard to change her. I felt bad for her because she was in so much pain. She got her pants dirty too so I wrapped her up in the change blanket and I carried her to the van.

Good thing it was a short drive.

Although our room number was 8014, I think we were on the 10th floor. Same as AKL, I didn't like how they numbered the rooms.

From the moment I walked through the doors, I knew I loved this place. I loved all the clean lines and contemporary feel to it. It was a perfect addition to the Contemporary Resort but it felt new and updated and gorgeous!

I didn't think I would like it as much as I did. AKL is still my favourite but this was a very close second!!!

To be continued...

Last edited by Timon; 12-12-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #337
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

How exciting... we just bought at BLT but we haven't stayed yet so, I can't wait to see your inside pictures!

Sorry about Kira's bum.... My dh and I were talking about babies/toddlers the other day when we were on vacation (our kids are now 8 and 12 years old) and we always breathe a sigh of relief that we aren't in that situation anymore. Eventually, it does get better, I promise. My kids love to travel now and look forward to a vacation away from home. I was surprised because my 12 year old was talking about some vacation memories from a long time ago that I had even forgotten. So, I know my kids enjoy traveling besides they have no choice....
Old 12-12-2009, 01:55 PM   #338
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 17 Part 2

October 31st - BLT & Halloween at MNSSHP

Turns out we got a handicap room. The only difference I think was in the bathroom, there was a normal bathtub as well as a handicapped one and railings next to the toilet.

Kira inspected the room while I attempted to take some pictures.

When we looked out through the balcony window, we were thrilled!!!!!!!!! Although we could see the lake, we could also see Magic Kingdom!!!!!!

Looking left

Looking straight ahead

Looking right

Too bad we weren't staying longer so we could actually enjoy this incredible view!

The only thing I didn't like about being out on that gorgeous balcony was that it was covered in spider webs. I can handle anything but spiders! I didn't actually see any spiders but I wasn't really looking and I didn't stay out there too long

Hard to tell in this photo but the entire underside of this chair was full of webs and flies caught in the webs!

Here is Kira checking out her bed.

I have to say that this pull out bed was horrible! Worse than both the AKL and Renaissance! Good thing she wasn't picky!!

We got her bed ready because we knew that as soon as we got back she would be going straight for a sleep.

I had made reservations at Kona Cafe for 11:30 and I was absolutely STARVING by now!!!!!!

Sadly, this view from near the elevator was the only glimpse of the pool that we got to see. We didn't have any spare time to check it out which was sad because it looked like a fantastic pool!

Check out the view from the elevators!!

To be continued...
Old 12-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #339
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

I'm baaack..... I have lots of updates to catch up on I see! I hope your last day in Disney was a good one after the "adventures" you had on your cruise. I'm going to go grab a drink and sit down for a good read. Thanks Cass!
Old 12-12-2009, 02:19 PM   #340
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
How exciting... we just bought at BLT but we haven't stayed yet so, I can't wait to see your inside pictures!

Sorry about Kira's bum.... My dh and I were talking about babies/toddlers the other day when we were on vacation (our kids are now 8 and 12 years old) and we always breathe a sigh of relief that we aren't in that situation anymore. Eventually, it does get better, I promise. My kids love to travel now and look forward to a vacation away from home. I was surprised because my 12 year old was talking about some vacation memories from a long time ago that I had even forgotten. So, I know my kids enjoy traveling besides they have no choice....
I'm sure you will love it!!!!!!!!!

I sure hope it gets easier to travel with her! It was a rough trip I tell ya! Lots of stuff I didn't even mention in the report!

And I think it's great for kids to travel and discover new places and things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
I'm baaack..... I have lots of updates to catch up on I see! I hope your last day in Disney was a good one after the "adventures" you had on your cruise. I'm going to go grab a drink and sit down for a good read. Thanks Cass!
Yay!! Sorry I haven't made too many updates, I am still under the weather

Gotta go make lunch so I will have to continue this day later.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #341
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Great update, Cass! I totally forgot about you guys coming back to WDW after the cruise. I'm really glad too, because I'm not ready for this report to be over!
BLT is definitely beautiful. I'm glad that you still had a great view even thought you had given it up!
I can't wait to hear about Kona. We decided to try it for breakfast in March! Keep it coming!
Old 12-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #342
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Quote:

Wow, you ate steak with asparagus juice on it??? Did Robin have to carry you back to the room????
yes i did!! and its a lot worse than the "lettuce juice" from the burger i had earlier in the week.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #343
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Quote:
We made up a long time ago One thing about Rob and I is that we don't do well when we fight because we are each other's best friends...hard to get by without your best friend
we know the feeling. people cant believe it when we say we've never fought. Underdogs a lover, not a fighter.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #344
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

ok if i tell a story from castaway cay?too bad.

You guys were trying to give Kira her meds and she kept throwing herself in the sand.....to which Bernies hubby Sean said..."why dont you just pour the medicine in the sand and let her get it that way.

i know it probably wasnt funny to you guys, but to we old folks who have "been there, done that"...it was hilarious.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:28 PM   #345
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

love the pics of BLT so far!!

we cant wait to stay 9 days at AKV in May!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: