Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2009, 10:10 AM   #1
thatkid
Mouseketeer

My Make-a-wish trip

Some random notes! (so i don't forget the special parts in my scrapbook story)

--On the first day, on our way to Epcot, my brothers said "bye spencer!" to the gate that opens at GKTW to let you out. they made me wait until the Last day, on our way to the airport before they told me why they named him spencer. I was super excited to find out why, and they told me as we were leaving on the last day. They thought this was SOO funny, and it was, kinda, because i was excited for it haha. But Spencer, is the Sensor. BROTHERS.

--We actually didn't have to wait in line for any rides at Disney! I think we were there at a really good time, because we didn't bother going to the GAC lines, except for at the monsters inc. laugh floor, because the CM MADE us go, haha.

--That button really IS magic!! At least, it was for me. I was called princess by a ton of CM's I don't even know why that made me feel so special, but it really did. The first day, at Epcot, we saw Daisy second, we were going to the end of the line (it was BIG) and a (young) guy CM tapped my shoulder and said "come here, princess" i just about died laughing That was actually probably one of the best things. It really is the little things that makes it magical!

--At Universal Studios, you really don't have to wait in lines! they actually took us to the VERY front of the lines! We went in through the out-door.

--Just an FYI, Frozen pink lemonade is awesome! We don't have this here, I also tried a frozen coke, but it was soo yucky.

--I got a lot of extra time with characters, too! I felt kind of bad when there was long lines, but its my wish trip, soo..

--There ARE still rude people in Disney! (it was actually at IOA) We only ran into one, (or 3.. but they were pretty much the same person)
It was when my mom and I were waiting in line for Grinchmas. We were told by the lady working the "Normal" people line to go over to the other line, for wheelchairs/ VIP people. So we did. There was a woman in front of us, and one came up behind us in her wheelchair. My mom and I were just standing there... and we hear "EXCUSE ME, this is for WHEELCHAIRS." the lady was SOO snobby. I said "i'm on my wish trip." Then the lady & man in front of us were like "This is the WHEELCHAIR line!" I'm like okay.. and we didn't do anything, haha. Then the one behind us got up out of her wheelchair, and walked over to the normal line. She was talking to the lady running that line, and pointing at us. Then she came back over and never said anything else. THEN, the lady bringing in our line said "can the GKTW family come ahead please?" so we did, and i just looked at the other lady and smiled LOL. I know they probably didn't understand, but its none of their business haha.
It's pretty good that thats the only memorable snobby person though!

-- There's only TWO people in Florida that know where Nova Scotia is, apparently. A lady that volunteers at the Gingerbread House, who's from Ontario, and Peter Pan.
Wendy: "do you think she lives in an oak tree, too?"
Peter Pan: "no, she lives in a maple tree"

my MAKE-A-WISH Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34622202

Last edited by thatkid; 12-20-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
maroo
DIS Veteran

First...OMG! You lost Derek! and the plane ride!

Sounds like you had a GREAT trip!

Reading your TR is like drinking from a fire hydrant! We had it all at once!

I hope you will upload pics at some point...especially of Sean in Santa's lap.

I am glad you enjoyed Spectro - it is the BEST parade, IMO.

Sounds like you had a great trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
Momofwishkid
DIS Veteran

It sounds like your trip was amazing! Please do put up pics we would love to see them. Im with you, I love dolphins and cant wait to see them. I was secretley hoping Gavin's wish would be to swim with the dolphins but nope he wasnt going for it
Old 12-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
thatkid
Mouseketeer

Last edited by thatkid; 02-10-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #5
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

WOW! What a whirlwind! It sounds like there were no downers on the trip. A little anxiety here and there, but that's what keeps it interesting.
Keep those pics coming! Can't wait to see you and the dolphins!
Old 12-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
maroo
DIS Veteran

PICTURES!!!!!

Woo Hoo!

Thank you so much for sharing them!

I am so glad you guys had a great time!
Old 12-11-2009, 12:24 PM   #7
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

I'm soooo happy everything went well health-wise on your trip, Alyssa! You got to meet so many characters! And the dolphin pics were super-cool. I hope you'll post more pics, I've really enjoyed seeing the ones you've posted so far
Old 12-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #8
thatkid
Mouseketeer

Our Villa

Last edited by thatkid; 12-11-2009 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:09 AM   #9
buzz for boys
Certified Serious Stitch Stalker

Youre pictures are fantastic - takes me right back to our stay at GKTW. I love the fact you made your brother sit on santas knee.
Thank you for sharing your trip
Louise x

Old 12-13-2009, 07:41 PM   #10
thatkid
Mouseketeer

Last edited by thatkid; 02-10-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:10 PM   #11
thatkid
Mouseketeer

Travel Day/ Epcot!

Day 1- Travel Day! Wednesday, December 2ndWe left home at noon, and arrived in Orlando at 11pm. We met our greeter, Phil. He was super nice and helpful. We went to get our luggage, but we were missing a suitcase. Of course, it was the one with my formula in it. We filed a missing luggage report, which took a loong time. He called GKTW, and luckily they had some of the same formula that i use. Then we went to get our rental car. The rental place was closed! So my dad and Phil went to get the keys from a lady in the airport. It was raining and thundering and lightening outside. I was soo excited to see palm trees, though! So we drove to GKTW. We went straight to bed!

Day 2- Epcot! Thursday, December 3rd
I woke up first, at 7:30. I got my family up by making coffee. (loudly!) Orientation was at 9:00, and mom didn't get back until 11:00! So, we left and went to Epcot. (I didn't let them eat at GKTW ahahha.) We got a call from GKTW saying that my formula was still in Toronto, but they'd send it on the next flight and we'd get it that day.

I met Stitch and Daisy at the gates at Epcot. I got pulled to the front of the line to meet them, and was told not to wait for any characters. Then we went to epcot character spot, and met Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto & Donald. One guy said something to us about going to the front of the line there, but the cast member explained it to him. Then we went to the Seas with Nemo and Friends. I actually loved this ride, except it made me a little dizzy. Then we went to Soarin'. This was awesome! It was my brothers and dads favorite. I was laughing so hard during the whole thing. Then we met Aladdin and Jasmine at the Morrocco pavilion, and Snow White at Japan. We explored the country pavilion, and made our way to Norway for dinner. We passed norway and went to the one after it. I looked at the map and realized we passed it, so we went back. The people at Akershus had no idea about the reservation being on the MAW credit card, and i didn't feel like waiting for them to figure it out because i was super tired, so we skipped that. I don't regret it at all because the food sounded gross haha. Then my mom and me went to do the pick a pearl at the Japan pavilion. It was so cool, I picked the dolphin pendant and my mom got a ring. She got a shell with twin pearls! We thought this was so cool since she has twins, and is a twin herself! Then we went to Christmas at GKTW. The santa was so funny, my family made me go up alone, I guess they're too cool for santa?? but santa made them come up, and asked me which one should sit on his lap, so of course, I said the one that would never, ever, ever, sit on santa's lap- Sean. Those pictures have been put in a super secret place, never to be seen, but i'm definetly not throwing them out.

Last edited by thatkid; 12-13-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:13 PM   #12
thatkid
Mouseketeer

Animal Kingdom & Hollywood Studios

Day 3- Animal Kingdom & Hollywood Studios! Friday, December 4th

Friday we went to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. It was raining so hard, but we went anyways. By the afternoon, we found out that ponchos really do work, so we got some and used them. We did animal kingdom first. We went to Camp Minnie Mickey and met Goofy, Pluto, Donald, and Chip & Dale. We asked the cast member where Baloo would be, and he was in Epcot that day! I was pretty upset, i reallly wanted to see him. Then we went on the Kilimanjaro Safari. This was amazing! We saw tons of animals, and it was super funny. The driver actually scared me with her "jokes" a few times haha. We didn't stay at Animal Kingdom for long. There wasn't really much there that i wanted to see. After that we went to Hollywood studios, and saw Muppet Vision 3D. My mom loves the muppets, so I picked this for her. It was pretty good, but I've always been afraid of the muppets. We explored for a bit, ate lunch, walked around aimlessly, then went back to GKTW, we made our pillows and I made my star. Then my brothers ate icecream. (they did a lot of this) Then we ate supper at the Gingerbread house, and went back to Hollywood Studios. My dad stayed in the car because he was super grumpy about it raining. So i had a meltdown, because he didn't want any of us to go, but my mom came with me and my brothers and we went to see the osbourne lights. I met Buzz & Woody, and Mike from monsters inc. Then we went to see the Osbourne Lights. They did one dancing lights song, then it was cancelled because of the weather. It was so cool, though. We were leaving anyways when they announced that it had been cancelled.

Last edited by thatkid; 12-13-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:15 PM   #13
thatkid
Mouseketeer

Universal Studios

Day 4- Universal Studios Saturday, December 5th

On Saturday we went to Universal Studios. This was by far the best for getting in lines, etc. The people that worked there were so nice, and called me my name. First, we went to Shrek 4D. This actually scared me a bit, it was mostly the fire breathing dragon. But the effects were cool. Then I met Shrek and Donkey, Donkey was so funny! Then I took my mom to meet spongebob, he's her favorite. We got there just in time, as he was leaving right when we got there, but they took pictures of us anyways. Then we went to Islands of Adventure. We went to Seuss Landing first. This was probably one of my favorite places in Orlando. I met the Grinch first, then 2 other characters, I don't know who they were though. Then we went to Circus McGurkus for lunch. After lunch, we saw the cat in the hat and things 1 & 2. I danced with the cat in the hat, haha. Then we went to do the Spiderman ride. I wasn't originally going to do this, but I changed my mind. The lady working the line said that it was a 3D thing with a little chair movement. WRONG. My mom felt sick for so long after. I loved this ride, though! It didn't make me motion sick, which is weird, we always thought I got motion sickness. Then mom and I went to Grinchmas, this was incredible! I love the grinch, so it was amazing. My brothers and dad went to a Sinbad? stunt show while we watched this. Then we went back to the gingerbread house for supper, and went to Amberville to hang out. Then we went to Mayor Claytons Birthday. I had no idea what this was. It was cute, and i'm surprised my brothers weren't bored, they actually liked it. I tried Dippin' Dots this day. they are WEIRD. they tasted good ( i think) but they were.. weird haha. The lady selling them warned us haha.

Last edited by thatkid; 12-13-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:15 PM   #14
thatkid
Mouseketeer

Sea World

Day 5- Sea World! Sunday, December 6th
On Sunday we went to Sea World. This was by far my favorite. I have always loved dolphins, my bedroom is covered with them. First, we went to feed the dolphins. This was amazing. Then we went to the dolphin show, Blue Horizons. This was also amazing, and I cried hahah. I was so happy to see dolphins in real life, they're so incredible. Then my dad and Sean went in the tower that takes you up slowly to see all of sea world. Then we went to see clyde & seymour take pirate island. I would recommend this to anyone going there! it's soo funny. Then we went to see the manatees, then the penguins, and the sharks. After that we went to Believe. This was Awesome! (but not as awesome as the dolphins, in my opinion) Then we went to the dolphin nursery (we couldn't see anything) and to feed the dolphins again. I was the only one feeding them this time, so my brothers and dad could take pictures from the other side. Then we went to Clyde and Seymour's christmas show. This was so full of people! It was super funny. Then we went to the shark encounter, and to see the dolphins underwater. (can you tell I love dolphins??) We walked around this park twice! we didn't have any real plan for this park, and went to shows and stuff as we came across them. The dolphin show was actually an accidental finding. I heard someone say "the show starts in 5 minutes" and looked and saw the Dolphin Theater sign and dragged my family in haha. Then we went back to GKTW for dinner at the gingerbread house and icecream.

Last edited by thatkid; 12-13-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:16 PM   #15
thatkid
Mouseketeer

Mk/ dtd

Day 6- Magic Kingdom! Monday, December 7th

Monday we did Magic Kingdom. We went across on the ferry which was so cool! It was soo busy there! We went to the monsters inc. laugh floor first. My family didn't enjoy this, because they were afraid of being picked out of the audience. However, it was actually me that was picked out haha. I didn't mind, I'm really shy one-on-one, but I don't mind being in front of crowds. Then we met a bunch of characters- Cinderella, Belle, Aurora, Pooh, Tigger, Peter Pan & Wendy. Peter pan was my favorite human character in Disney. He was super funny. Then we did the Jungle Cruise. This was SO funny! I loved it. It's really hard to take pictures because of the way the seating is, though. After that, we went to the Wish Lounge because we ran out of things we wanted to do, and it was high noon and i'm allergic to the sun. So, we went there and picked out some more things to do. We took the train around Magic Kingdom. This was pretty neat, I think its supposed to be a transportation thing, but we just went in a circle haha. Then dad and Derek went on the pirates of the carribbean ride. We then did Peter Pan's Flight. After that we went for supper at a pinnocchio place, and I met Ariel after that. Then Mom, Sean and I went to the Move it, shake it, celebrate it parade, (Baloo was in it! i was excited) while Derek and Dad did splash mountain. Then we watched Spectro Magic (big thanks to Maroo for recommending this!) Its so awesome, I didn't think I'd like it, but i really enjoyed it. Then we watched Wishes. There were so many people! We actually lost Derek, it was so scary. He's never been in a crowd before, and didn't realize that it stops in the back sometimes but the front keeps going, its not a steady everybody walking thing. So, he was lost for about 30 minutes! I went out to check for him by the gates, and I found him. We called it my Sister Spidey Senses, haha. We took the ferry back to the parking lot, and went back to GKTW.

Day 7- Downtown Disney! Tuesday, December 8th

On Tuesday we went to Downtown Disney for about 2 hours, then mom and I went back to GKTW to hang out, take pictures of everything there, and rest. My brothers and dad went shopping while we did that. Then we went to Longhorn Steakhouse for Dinner. After that we went back to GKTW, and watched a magic show in Julie's Safari Theater. It was so funny. (I think this was the Family Night??)

Last edited by thatkid; 12-14-2009 at 06:20 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: