Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2009, 10:37 PM   #1
DisMN
DIS Veteran

Disney gift cards at Walgreens

To my great joy and surprise they now have Disney gift cards at Walgreens! I haven't been able to find out the terms of use on them though. It does state on the back that they're good at WDW so that works for us but I have no clue where to get the rest of the info about them...like do they expire, do they take a small sum out each month and you end up with nothing, are they good for rooms, ticket media and dining?

Have any of you bought and used the ones from Walgreens?
DisMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:09 AM   #2
gardengalB4
DIS Veteran

Here is some info from the website:
Card features:
Disney Gift Cards have no fees and they don't expire.

Here are some of the uses:

Walt Disney World Theme Parks
The Disney Gift Card can be used to purchase Theme Park admission tickets and annual passes. It may also be used at Disney owned and operated merchandise, dining and recreation locations where credit cards are currently accepted. Some carts, and other outdoor Merchandise vendors may not be able to accept the gift card.
&
Walt Disney World® Resorts
The Disney Gift Card offers a convenient option to shop, dine, stay and enjoy recreation experiences throughout the Walt Disney World® Resort. Present the Disney Gift Card at any of the Walt Disney World® Resort Hotels Front Desks as payment towards hotel room nights or accumulated purchases on your Key to the World Card. The Disney Gift Card can also be used at most Walt Disney World® Resort Hotel merchandise or restaurant locations.

Hope this helps
gardengalB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2009, 11:38 AM   #3
DisMN
DIS Veteran

Thankyou so much. I didn't think to go to the Disney website. LOL
No fees and no expiry make them good to collect and save for a future trip!!

Thanks again for your help.
DisMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:32 PM   #4
Grumpy's Gal
Of course, who wants to get gold lame' undies from a stranger? NOT ME!
I bought a bunch of trashy undies and had them mail them from all over the states

they would make great stocking stuffers!
Old 12-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #5
DVCBELLE
Princess at Heart

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I saw them the other day - I am wondering if I can use a Walgreen's gift card to buy them.

OR can I use Register Rewards - that would be an awesome way to save up for our Disney trip!
Old 12-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #6
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

I've been thinking about picking up a few of these! Good to know

Not to hijack the thread but I have a question while we're on this subject and perhaps this could help someone else. I read another thread a few weeks ago about how it's a pain to use the rebate credit cards that are sent out. Someone suggested using these rebate credit cards and apply them towards a Disney gift card. Has anyone tried this? I have a rebate card for $20 and one for $40 that should be coming soon and based on the denominations that are offered I would need to pay cash towards part of it to get to say $75.00 or $100.00. Is it as simple as getting the $100 Disney gift card and then telling them to apply the $20.00 and $40.00 rebate credit cards toward it and then pay cash for the difference?

Thanks in advance!
Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, & 4/2014 Fantasy Next: 9/2014 (Dream for my Mom), 4/2015 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:15 PM   #7
gardengalB4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCBELLE View Post
I saw them the other day - I am wondering if I can use a Walgreen's gift card to buy them.

OR can I use Register Rewards - that would be an awesome way to save up for our Disney trip!
I'm not sure about the Walgreens gift card...
but it does state on the RRs that you can not use them to buy gift cards -it's too bad...
gardengalB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:08 PM   #8
kytiam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengalB4 View Post
I'm not sure about the Walgreens gift card...
but it does state on the RRs that you can not use them to buy gift cards -it's too bad...
It would be awesome if you could use a walgreens gift card to buy a disney gift card! That way I could finally use my "My Points" points towards my trips to Disney. Anyone know for sure?
kytiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:19 PM   #9
branv
The safety feature in my parents van was floor to ceiling shag carpet
If your clothes are cute enough, you can be forgiven for sensible shoes

I just saw those this weekend and thought, "woo-hoo!" I saw them two days after that at Randalls/Tom Thumb, for those who have them in their area. I'm wondering who else may start carrying them. Will start keeping my eye out!
branv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #10
zummi525
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytiam View Post
It would be awesome if you could use a walgreens gift card to buy a disney gift card! That way I could finally use my "My Points" points towards my trips to Disney. Anyone know for sure?
i can tell you with our mypoints account we cashed out the points for walmart gift cards and turned around and bought visa gift cards at walmart we used them to pay for our disney trip or you can just use them at disney!
zummi525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:33 PM   #11
kytiam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zummi525 View Post
i can tell you with our mypoints account we cashed out the points for walmart gift cards and turned around and bought visa gift cards at walmart we used them to pay for our disney trip or you can just use them at disney!
That is GREAT news! I've got quite a few My Points saved up! The main advantage to Walgreens over Walmart, is that a $50 gift card at Walgreens is about 350 points cheaper.
kytiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #12
madelyn
DIS Veteran

Just noticed these Disney gift cards AFTER we returned from our Thanksgiving trip. I hope they have them before we take our next trip since we have a credit card that gives us 5% cashback on drugstore purchases. Not sure that gift card purchases qualify though.
madelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #13
JanetRose
Do I need to know why Captain Sparrow's compass only pointed one way?

Do you know what amounts they are? Thanks.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:16 AM   #14
mommy2taylor
Earning My Ears

quick question

What amounts does Walgreens have the Disney cards for?
Rented house 11/2003
Off Property 12/2001
Port Orleans/Wonder December 1-7th, 2000
Condo 1995
mommy2taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:43 AM   #15
Shmily1
DIS Veteran

I looked at them yesterday. They were the princess ones and the Mickey ones and it said something like "available in amounts from $15 to $100". I'm not positive about the dollar amounts, but that's close. It appears you tell the cashier how much you want the card for and they activate it for that amount. I think I may just have to treat myself to a few during the year to save up for another trip

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: