Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2009, 09:56 AM   #286
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 13 Part 1

October 27th - Sint Maarten, Pirate Night

I don't remember much about this morning. I'm sure we had breakfast at Topsiders and then we went back to the room.

I asked Rob if he was OK to go to the beach for a couple of hours and he said yes so we packed up our stuff and walked off the ship.

We walked down to the Taxi Stand and told them we wanted to go to Divi Little Bay Beach.

We waited about 5 minutes and then hopped in the back of a large passenger van along with 6 other people who were headed downtown.

Rob put Kira's seatbelt on but told me that he wasn't able to unbuckle it. You could tell that the seatbelts were never used. He ended up having to loosen it up to get her out.

Love her cheesy grin here! LOL!

We drove to the downtown area of St Philipsburgh to drop off the other passengers and then we drove another 6-7 minutes to Divi. The fare for the 3 of us was $10 (always ask before you get in the taxi!) so I gave the guy $12 and off we went.

I did some research before we went to find a nice close beach that wasn't too busy and that didn't have huge waves.

Divi turned out to be perfect for us! The sand was nice and soft, the beach wasn't busy at all and the waves were perfect!

We walked to the first set of chairs and umbrella and got ready to go in the water. I think it was $15 to rent some chairs for the day, a little more expensive than I had read about online.

Time for the ocean!

At first Kira didn't want anything to do with the water. She didn't like the waves so her and Rob stuck to the beach and played in the sand.

I ventured out to cool off in the water. It was soooo nice. I swam and floated for a bit and then came back to play with Kira in the sand.

She was having a great time! She loved digging in the sand! Eventually she became covered in it because she had a thick layer of sunscreen on. Soon, she was covered in sand everywhere!!!

We spent about 2 hours there and she did really well. Eventually I brought her out into the ocean with me and we bobbed around in the water for awhile and she liked that.

Then a big wave came and went right over our heads. I lost my balance for just one second and we both had gone under for a split second. I thought she was going to spazz out because she doesn't like her face in the water but she actually was OK with it.

I, however, wasn't I hate getting sea water up my nose, yuck!!

She was getting a little cranky now so we figured it was time to head back to the ship.

Rob wanted to get changed so Kira and I waited for him. There were no change rooms, just some washrooms, which were a little awkward so it took a little while. Kira loved running around though!

Here's a nice view of the ship from Divi Little Bay

We got in a taxi to get back to the port but this time it was $14 for the 3 of us.

Took this pic on the way back in the taxi

We all had showers, ordered room service (another looooong trip to the drink station to fill up our mugs) and then I think we all had a nice long nap.

To be continued...
Old 12-04-2009, 10:14 AM   #287
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 13 Part 2

October 27th - Sint Maarten, Pirate Night

We woke up from our naps and went to feed Kira some supper. Back to the room and got dressed up in our pirate gear.

We went down to the Atrium to find the shortest line for pics and several BOBers were there too! We decided to get some family shots and then some group shots too!

I like this one, it turned out great!

Here's our family shot

It was time to drop Kira off at Flounders. She had the whole routine down, find Flounders, wash hands with wipey, throw wipey in little garbage can and then off to play!

We went to Animator's for our Pirate Night dinner. We all bought the flashing cups that they sell for $87 each and as usual we had an awesome time at dinner!

Just as we were about to pick up Kira from Flounders, I started feeling really sick. It just hit me really hard and I told Rob that I was going to skip the Pirate Party. I told him to take Kira and have fun (we've seen it before but I knew she would like it!) so we went back to the room to see our towel animal of the night and then I went to bed while they went to the party for a bit.

I told Rob to grab a spot where we partied last time with all the KKers and he did, but there were no KKers or BOBers.

He met up with S, B, B & G and they danced and had fun.

Kira enjoyed her time with her new buddy

After fireworks, they came back and tucked Kira into bed and we all passed out. Other than the last night when I was too busy packing, it was the only night I didn't make it up to the hot tub and pool

Last edited by Timon; 12-04-2009 at 10:30 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2009, 10:35 AM   #288
Jenvenza
Ratted out her husband's lack of pony knowledge for a tag!

Great update! I love all the pirate pictures! They came out really great and Kira looked like she was having a fun tim!
Old 12-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #289
tinkerbellmichelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
[B]Day 2 Part 2

We found a spot for the parade and camped out until it started. It seemed much shorter and less exciting than the last time we saw it but Kira liked it.

After the parade we decided to go see Finding Nemo the Musical. Not sure how Kira would react, we tried to sit on the side in case we needed to make a quit exit. She was bored and started acting up while waiting for the show but she was pretty good during the show. She sat on my lap for most of the time so I was happy to cuddle her She doesn't sit still for long, rarely cuddles with anyone so it was a nice little treat for me.

I think at this point I asked Rob if we could take turns and go ride Expedition Everest. It was the only ride that I really wanted to do so we walked over and I got in the single rider line and was on the coaster in less than 10 minutes. Man, I love that coaster!!!

I told Rob to go ride it while we watched for him but he didn't understand my directions on where to go for the single rider line and he ended up waiting 20 minutes in the stand-by line.

To be continued...
That Winnie the Pooh stuffy is Adorable! We have a friend who collects Pooh things and she doesn't have THAT one! Can't wait to get it for her!
Disneyland - offsite - 1985
Disneyworld - offsite - 1988
WDW - Polynesian - January 3 - 9 2009
WDW - Jan 3 - 8 2010 - Boardwalk Inn
Pre-Trip Report: The How Many Times Can We Change Our Mind Pre-Trip Report - Jan 3 - 8 2010
Disneyland - July 20 to 22 2011 Desert Palms
LegoLand, Sea World and SD zoo -July 23-27 2010
WDW and other Orlando Attractions - Jan. 11-17 - 2011 offsite (Regal Palms)
POR - 1 Night in January - 2013
Disneyland - Desert Inn - November 2014
Disneyworld - January 2015
Old 12-04-2009, 05:33 PM   #290
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post

We woke up from our naps and went to feed Kira some supper. Back to the room and got dressed up in our pirate gear.

why hello Cass!!
my name is Mike...but you can call me Underdog!!
Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Old 12-04-2009, 05:36 PM   #291
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

hey!! we were in the same spot as last cruise for the pirate party.
we saw bernie and family.

were you hiding from us??

its me isnt it?
tell the truth.
i can take it.

Robin always says i'm fun at first, then i just get annoying.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:55 PM   #292
minnieandmickey
Queen of the run on sentence!

I have to ask or at least bring the typo to your attention, the Pirate flashing cups were $87 a piece ?
My life at Disney: DL - started in 1978 too many times to count. First time AP holder in 2012, spent a total of 14 days! WDW- 10th anniversary- May 1999(Dixie Landings), 2005(off site),2006(POP/POFQ),2007(WLV),2008(AKV),2011(OKW) DCL- 3 day Bahamas Wonder 2002, 4 Day Bahamas Wonder 2006, 7 day Western Caribbean Magic 2007, 20 days on the Magic 2008, B2B Panama Canal and 5 day double dip, Sarah's gradapalooza 4 day Bahamas on the Dream and 7 Day Eastern Caribbean on the Magic 2011, DLP, October 2013
Up next Best Aunt and Uncle WDW/DCL, taking DNiece on her first trip!, WBPC Cruise, May 2015, KK Reunion Cruise, Eastern Caribbean, October 2015
Old 12-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #293
J.C.&ALI'SMOM
I really had to bite my tongue on that one
Wondering how we could get our moonshine on the plane

You are looking good, Cass! Hot stuff! Hate to hear about you feeling poorly though.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:00 PM   #294
hellokitty86
If I didn't wear it myself- I would want my husband to wear it!
DH does call me a toilet paper snob
Did the lovebugs bother you too, like they bothered me??!

I love your pirate outfits!!
Old 12-05-2009, 03:37 AM   #295
IwasatWDWforamonth
Has a sweetie named Hope
I couldn't imagine not hopping
My cockatoo ate one of my moms darvocet and turned into a cereal bar

luv the pirate pics!!!!!!

Im a fun nut
Old 12-05-2009, 11:08 AM   #296
Karen Mouse
resiurK deknoK

Cass! - I've only just caught up

Fab piccies as always.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #297
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
Yeah, Ern is all over the place, loud, screams, jumps off furniture, etc. He is karma because from what I understand, EB was a terror when he was young, too.

I figured since Amelia was so verbal, outspoken and social that Ernie would be quiet just to be the opposite. But it turns out he's Amelia Xs 100.

I pretty much pass out at night from exhaustion - both mental and physical. You should see me when I have to go grocery shopping with both of them which is once or twice a week. I'm that Mom that everyone looks at and either laughs at or feels sorry for. There's nothing quiet or controlled about my two.

Thank goodness we have a Nanny cause I'd never get any work done otherwise. She's a god-send.

Yup, I feel the same way every night! Before I got pregnant, I saw many meltdowns in grocery stores and I promised myself I wouldn't go through that. I do my shopping at night while Rob has her or she's in bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenvenza View Post
Great update! I love all the pirate pictures! They came out really great and Kira looked like she was having a fun tim!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellmichelle View Post
That Winnie the Pooh stuffy is Adorable! We have a friend who collects Pooh things and she doesn't have THAT one! Can't wait to get it for her!
She loves that one, she picked it out all by herself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerneeds View Post
why hello Cass!!
my name is Mike...but you can call me Underdog!!
You really need a new line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerneeds View Post
hey!! we were in the same spot as last cruise for the pirate party.
we saw bernie and family.

were you hiding from us??

its me isnt it?
tell the truth.
i can take it.

Robin always says i'm fun at first, then i just get annoying.
I was in bed hun, when I asked Rob if he saw any BOBers he said he didn't see any. He was with S & B the whole time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnieandmickey View Post
I have to ask or at least bring the typo to your attention, the Pirate flashing cups were $87 a piece ?
No typo, I was being sarcastic I think they were $9 each

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.&ALI'SMOM View Post
You are looking good, Cass! Hot stuff! Hate to hear about you feeling poorly though.
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty86 View Post
I love your pirate outfits!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwasatWDWforamonth View Post
luv the pirate pics!!!!!!
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Mouse View Post
Cass! - I've only just caught up

Fab piccies as always.
Glad you caught up Karen! Good to see you!
Old 12-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #298
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 14 Part 1

October 28th - St Thomas

Well, this installment will be short and sweet! Let's just say the day didn't go as planned.

I woke up and it was official, I was sick now too. Rob and I showered and then I was gonna suck it up so that we could make it to Sapphire Beach for a few hours for Kira but things didn't work out that way.

I stayed with Kira while Rob went to the buffet and brought us all back some breakfast. All I ate was half a chocolate croissant and a sip of milk.

While Rob and Kira ate, I just laid in bed. After Kira ate she crawled up into my bed next to me and just laid down next to me. Poor little kiddo wasn't feeling good either She felt pretty warm so we gave her some Tylenol and I tickled her to sleep.

She rarely cuddles with us at home, let alone crawl up into bed with me!! Even though we were both really sick, I really enjoyed our cuddle time

She fell asleep in a few minutes so I went back to sleep too while Rob got some work done on the laptop.

I think we slept for 2-3 hours and then we ordered room service.

Kira was feeling better by now so Rob took her to the splash pool to play for awhile.

It was nap time now and I believe we all napped together!

This was the day that DCL was celebrating Halloween and we were looking forward to taking Kira for the trick-or-treating. Unfortunately we missed the whole thing

Kira's appetite was off today. The only thing she wanted to eat was junk food and a little bit of fruit. We let her have some junk but kept up with the fluids and by 7pm she was feeling better again.

Tonight was our Palo Night with S & B but I wasn't sure if I was going to make it. By 8pm, the time for Kira's Flounders reservation she seemed like a new kid again and she asked to go so I dug deep and got dressed and just made it for our Palo reservation.

On the outside I seemed fine but my lungs were burning (no coughing) and my body was aching so bad!

I tried to make the best of supper but it was tough. The food was good but I didn't eat a whole lot. Sean and Bernie really seemed to enjoy it so all was good

Rob also seemed to feel much better and he enjoyed it too.

My body was aching so I thought it would be a good idea to go soak in the hot tub for awhile so while Rob picked up Kira from Flounders, I went back to the room to change into my swimsuit.

Rob got back with Kira and she didn't look too good. You could tell she had a fever and was tired. The counselor told Rob that she asked for a blanket and just layed on a pillow and watched TV most of the night.

They also told him that Minnie Mouse came by to visit but she didn't even get up to see her.

We later received a photo they took from that night. Although you can tell she is sick, she did, indeed, get up to see her.

I told Rob that while she did seem sick, she still seemed OK. She was still acting like our little girl and I was not worried about her. Rob, on the other hand, was still extremely paranoid about H1N1 and so he wanted to take her down to the Medical Facility. While we were down there, we saw the nurse, who didn't seem overly concerned.

She had a bit of a fever so she recommended giving her both Tylenol and Motrin, which we bought from her for $9. She gave us an ear thermometer to take with us so we can take her temp which we said we would return to her in the morning.

Back to the room and we tucked her in. Her fever was mostly gone by then (after some Motrin) and she fell asleep right away.

I went and soaked my aching body in the hot tub for awhile before heading into bed myself.

I didn't even get to see St Thomas because I stayed in the room until 8pm.

Like I said, not exactly how we planned our day
Old 12-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #299
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Sending a few cyber hugs for your less than stellar day in St Thomas Cass.

I'm loving your piccies and of course, I stole the pirate one of the group of BOBers. BTW....did you "see" the hidden BOBer on the bottom row?

I had to giggle when I read that Kira didn't move (at first) to greet Minnie. Hmmmmmm, something her and her mommy have in common???
Old 12-06-2009, 01:38 PM   #300
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
Sending a few cyber hugs for your less than stellar day in St Thomas Cass.

I'm loving your piccies and of course, I stole the pirate one of the group of BOBers. BTW....did you "see" the hidden BOBer on the bottom row?

I had to giggle when I read that Kira didn't move (at first) to greet Minnie. Hmmmmmm, something her and her mommy have in common???
we saw the hidden Bobber!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: