Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #21
ireland_nicole
No brainer- the fairy wins it
Personally, I'm an on site girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post

The Background:

I wouldn’t normally have planned two MK days in a row. I had my Tuesday planned out early in the summer but had to wait for the park schedule to be released at the beginning of August to finish my plans. You see, I had been to Disney for a girl’s weekend in Feb 2009 to meet with a bunch of Disboutiquers (ladies and one great guy who sew and also are disboarders much like yourself!), and I saw Spectromagic and Wishes and fell in love. I said right then and there that I would make sure my kiddos got to watch both when we went in the fall. So in early August the park schedule was released and I had a few days to organize before my 90-day window. Tour Guide Mike worked really hard to have his schedule ready for us too. As it turns out, Disney scheduled a Spectro parade for Wed Nov 4th and Sat Nov 7th . I went with Wed 4th!

So as all good Dissers do, I set my alarm for 6:30 am and got myself out of bed to begin my calls on my 90-day window on Thurs Aug 6th. All I had to do was get 8 am Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and 4:45 pm 1900 Park Fare ressies for the same day. I needed to have an 8 am BBB reservation because otherwise it would delay our park touring that day. We already had to leave MK early that day in order to rest up for the evening dinner, parade and fireworks.

I practiced a few calls at 6:50 am and waited until 6:59 am to actually call. I got through the “press this and that” etc and spoke to the nice CM’s taking BBB ressies. I gave them my date and time and they respond with…”I am sorry but the computers are being updated/fixed/enhanced and I can’t make any reservations. Please try again later.” ACK!!!! So I try again 3 minutes later. Same deal. I try again 5 minutes later. No deal. I continue calling every half hour for a good portion of the morning. Still down. ACK!!! I did manage to go online and make 4:45 pm ressies at 1900 Park Fare without any trouble.

By evening, the CM said that everything should get reloaded overnight and I should try again Friday morning for the BBB ressies. So, I repeat the whole process. (For more drama, I should add here that I was one week out from having had major surgery….I was still in a lot of pain and this whole getting up early thing was not making it any better). To make a long story short, I tried Friday, Saturday and Sunday to get these 8am BBB ressies to no avail. I also was running a low-grade fever and was just so upset I couldn’t make this happen. A CM did sympathize and gave me an email to write the Disney execs and tell them my situation. I told her that they would never read my silly email and she said to just do it. So I very nicely wrote a letter telling about how the girls looked forward to visiting BBB for two years and we counted down the days to make the appointment and there were none left by the time the computers were up and running. I said how much we love Disney etc…I tried to make it as upbeat as possible. Then I broke the news to the girls that I couldn’t get the BBB appointment and the only ones left were in DTD at 3 or 4 pm. That would have been silly since the girls would just return home and go swimming. So they were truly disappointed and asked several times for me to try again.

Meanwhile, I was rehospitalized for a week and sent home on strict bed rest the following week. Then a miracle happened. My phone rang and I didn’t recognize the number. I almost didn’t answer but then did just to see who it was. Well, it was a Disney exec!!!!! He asked how I was feeling and said he was reading over my letter and was I still interested in Wed Nov 4th 8 am BBB appointments for all three girls???? I about fainted. I tried to express my appreciation and thankfulness and I was tingling all over. I must have said thank you a thousand times. I decided to keep the appointment a surprise since the girls knew nothing about it.

So now I had the ultimate day in Disney planned: An early morning entrance, a surprise BBB appointment, a princess meeting and a short touring day. Then home for a rest and return for a 1900 Park Fare dinner, Spectromagic and Wishes Fireworks. Doesn’t get any better than that!!!!! Actually it did! My friend Marlo was able to get an appointment with us and we tried our best to keep it a surprise from our girls!!!

Ok so that was the background leading up to today's installment for …Wed Nov 4th! I will be back later with the actual recap of the day and how things worked out! Aren't you dying to know??? hehehehe
Ooooh can't wait can't wait, I want to hear allllllllllll about it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: