Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #256
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

LOL Cass you totally crack me up with the swim suit thing. She definitely needs to wear a swim suit skirt...
Old 12-01-2009, 02:14 PM   #257
GOS
Livin' for Disney holidays with great friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgrits View Post
The drawings look almost like caricatures....

...and the "cheeks"...well, even if they had had proper coverage from the swimsuit, it would still be inappropriate.
I agree Paige. You need to cover up in the buffet, even if it is casual. It's not that casual.
Heather crossing the Pond Sept 2014 9 days in WDW May 2014Disney Wonder to Hawaii 2012 travelling with my DIS friends in October 1114 days in FL - February 11Trip to California to see my US Sista - February 2010Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 24th October 2009 "Bash on the Boat" Jewel of the Seas - Cruise to Russia - 17th May 2009 Disney Magic - 15 day Repo Cruise 17th August 2008; Independence of the Seas - 4 day cruise - 2nd May 2008; Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 20th October 2007; Dawn Princess - 10 day cruise - 21st May 2007; Disney Wonder - 11 day cruise - 15th Sept 2006; Disney Wonder - 4 day cruise - October 2005; Carnival Glory - 7 day Cruise - January 2003; Disney Magic - 7 day Halloween Cruise - October 2001; Disney Magic - 7 Day Millenium Cruise - October 2000
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2009, 02:17 PM   #258
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Sounds wonderful!
I'm just catching up on your report now. Sorry to hear about all the meltdowns. I think sometimes no matter how "like home" we try to make it for them, they still get disorientated and out of sorts with being away from home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
It was nice having our own room with a door we wouldn't wake up Kira. We snacked and watched a movie until we were just too tired to stay awake.

The bed was wonderful as were the pillows

Normally I don't sleep well the night before the cruise but I slept like a baby.

From now on when we cruise, we will always stay at the Residence Inn.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:56 PM   #259
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Quote:
Day 12 Part 1

October 26th - Day At Sea

Say Cheeeeeeeez Kira!

Quote:
Day 12 Part 2

Bon Appetit !!!
Old 12-01-2009, 04:29 PM   #260
Darkrobe
Cloning around in the Galaxy!

Quote:
Day 12 Part 1

Rob was about 10 minutes into his breakfast when he suddenly announces that he NEEDS to go back to bed and he just flees from the table to return to the room.

He didn't even stop to give me a chance to say anything, he was just gone!
At the time, I was feeling quite nauseas and you know when you start feeling it go up your throat when you're sick?
Yeah... I didn't want to ruin everyone's breakfast.
Got back to the room, laid down and slept for another bit.
What a wonderful trip....
My record with cruising isn't so good, sick 3 of 5 cruises now.

TC-7623 www.tc-7623.ca
Member of the 501st Badlands Garrison: www.badlands.ca
Old 12-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #261
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Quote:

Can I just take a few minutes here to comment on proper buffet attire?

For the most part, people were dressed properly but then there was that 10% of people who just shocked the heck out of me! I couldn't believe what some people were wearing!!!

I saw a man in a small bathing suit (a bit more coverage than a speedo) and nothing else! I saw tons of people in swimsuits AND no shoes!!! I'm sorry but just because you are near a pool, doesn't make it right to enter an area where they serve food in your teeny tiny little bikini and barefeet!

It's a good thing that I wasn't eating because I might have lost my lunch right there and then!
sorry you didnt like my speedo Cass.
i'm kidding!! it wasnt me!!

you should have seen what we did at the adult pool.
on a disney cruise at that. a girl sunning herself wearing a thong bikini.
saw a castmember come over and say something to her and told Robin "they're going to make her cover up." but they didnt.
being the gentleman i am, i barely even looked.
Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Old 12-01-2009, 06:55 PM   #262
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 12 Part 3

After the spectacle at Topsiders, it was time for Kira to go for a nap. Rob was still sleeping when I got back to the room so we tried to be quiet so he could sleep some more. Kira was tired and fell asleep right away.

With nothing really to do I figured I would roam around the ship for a bit. Maybe run into some BOBers and visit for awhile.

I walked deck 9 all the way down but didn't see anyone I knew so I decided to grab some lunch at Pluto's. Again there were no tables available and I couldn't go back into the room with both Kira and Rob sleeping so I just grabbed an empty table in Cove Cafe and read a magazine while I scarfed down some chicken strips.

I strolled around the ship a little more and still didn't see anyone to visit with. At this point I was getting a little lonely. I had no adult company all morning and now it was 2pm and I was starting to feel sorry for myself

I think I went into the shops and bought a couple of things and then went back to the cabin.

When I went back in the room, Rob woke up and was feeling hungry so he went in search of some food and I stayed in the cabin with a still-sleeping Kira.

I should mention for the past 2 days now, we've had the Privacy Please sign on our door because Rob was in bed for the better part of the day and he didn't want anyone bothering him. I had told our room host the day before that Rob was sick and just needed lots of sleep.

Well when Rob was gone for food, there was a knock on the door (while we still had the privacy sign on) and it was the room host.

Now, what happened in the next 5 minutes is probably my low point of the cruise. Keep in mind that I was already in a fragile state of mind with Rob being sick and me not having any kind of help with Kira and just feeling a little low and sad, so it was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back.

I don't remember his exact words but he mentioned something about us having the privacy sign on for 2 days. I tried to explain to him, yet again, that Rob had been sick since we boarded and that he is basically sleeping all day.

Well he went on and on about it and how he can't make up our room for us. I tried to explain to him that it was OK, that we had plenty of towels and that we really didn't need the room cleaned every day. I honestly don't know what was up with him but he just kept going on about it and that he couldn't offer us his services. I tried to tell him that we were OK with not receiving the normal excellent services that came with cruising, I told him that this was our 4th Disney cruise and that we know how wonderful the service is and that we understood that because we opted for the Privacy, that we wouldn't get those services.

By now I was almost in tears. The guy just kept going on!!!

He was making me feel as if we were up to no good and that we were hiding something from him and it seemed like he really needed (wanted?) to come in our room.

I told him that we had been gone for supper every night and that he could come in the room then.

He rudely explained to me that he couldn't clean the room properly at night because he didn't have the time, he only had time to turn down the bed.

Once again I told him that we didn't need the room cleaned every day but the guy just didn't get it.

I just said "I don't know what you want me to tell you?"

Then he said "Well, do you know if I can give you service tomorrow morning?"

To which I replied "No, I don't! We are supposed to go to the beach but I have no idea if my husband will feel well enough to even go."

Then he said "Well then do you know of a time that maybe you can call me and request that I come service your room?"

OMG

NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I have no idea how my husband will be feeling tomorrow!!! I am hoping that he's better but really I don't have a magic crystal ball, so NO I really don't know!!!"

Honestly, it was getting ridiculous now. It became like a tennis match...he would ask me a stupid question and I would say "I don't know what you want me to say to you."

Over and over again!

I was this close to losing it when Rob came walking down the hall.

I told Rob to deal with him because I couldn't take it anymore!!!

Suddenly his tone totally changed and he basically said that if we needed service, just to call housekeeping and then he left.

I explained to Rob what had just transpired and he could tell that I was at the end of my rope. By now Kira had woken up from her nap and I can't remember where they went but Rob took Kira for me because he KNEW that if I didn't get some alone time right there and right then that I go bonkers it!!!!

After they left I remember just sitting on the bed, crying my eyes out.

Right then the phone rang and it was Chris, who I guess had been trying to track me down. I honestly don't even remember what I said to him because I was so out of it. Poor guy wasn't expecting the "Cass" he got on the phone

After that I just layed down for a bit and tried to shake it all off.

Rob and Kira came back and I think we just let Kira play in the room for awhile.

Gotta make supper so...

To be continued....
Old 12-01-2009, 07:44 PM   #263
SweetSpot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerneeds View Post
sorry you didnt like my speedo Cass.
i'm kidding!! it wasnt me!!

you should have seen what we did at the adult pool.
on a disney cruise at that. a girl sunning herself wearing a thong bikini.
saw a castmember come over and say something to her and told Robin "they're going to make her cover up." but they didnt.
being the gentleman i am, i barely even looked.
On our repo 2 years ago we had the thong lady who wore one all day at the adult pool, ever day for the 2 weeks. She wasn't young, and had the body to pull it off but still I don't think they're appropriate.

Cass the swimsuit lady picture broke me up, that was hysterical. Not a pretty sight! Thank you for taking the time to post this trip report. I have love all of your reports, this one with the Kira is great!
Old 12-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #264
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Old 12-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #265
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Oh Cass! I could just feel your tears at that point!

But I have to say that lady in the buffet was a great inspiration to those that are trying to watch what they eat while on the all-you-can-possibly-eat-plus-more dining cruise! Her suit probably fit when she got on there!
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
Old 12-02-2009, 05:53 AM   #266
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member

Oh, I SOOO feel your pain! I used to look at others and think, "What is wrong with them that they'd allow their children to act that way??!! But I am SO that person now with those crazy kids!!!!!

Oh, Cass...what has happened to us?!

Quote:
I used to be glad that I wasn't the mom of the kid that was rolling on the floor having a cow

BTW, thanks for the Target map and directions. I LOATHE Walmart but that's where we usually end up - a Super Walmart. I've marked the info down on this Target and will be going there next trip instead. You're a lifesaver.

Ok, off to read more....just know your comment above totally made my day yesterday when I first read it.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:41 AM   #267
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member

I would have lost it by about that point, as well.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:16 AM   #268
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 12 Part 4

I was obviously still quite upset because I hardly have any pics for the rest of that day. That's totally not like me!

I did watch the sunset for a bit and here's the pic to prove it

but I don't have any other pics

I do remember Rob saying he was feeling worse and that he wanted to go back to bed so he rested more while I took Kira to Twice Charmed. Once again we found 2 seats on the end of a row, down pretty close to the stage. Turns out we sat in front of Janice and Mark and Bryce and McKenzie so we got to chat a little bit with them.

Kira did pretty well during the show, only one little meltdown and then we left just before the show was over to beat the crowds.

Back up to the room to get ready for dinner. Rob said he was going to skip dinner tonight so I made my way down to Lumieres alone while he dropped Kira off at Flounders.

Dinner tonight was extra special! Food was fabulous and the company was even better, it was just what I needed!

Sean and Tony and Nancy all tried escargot for the very first time, which was hilarious to watch! There was no way I was going there...I knew I wouldn't like it so I didn't even try it! Blech! Nancy had the same reaction as I would!

Next up was dessert!

I forgot to mention that at dinner last night Wira came up to our table and told me that he was very sorry but the kitchen was not able to make my chocolate peanut butter pie for me. I wasn't 100% convinced but I thanked him for trying anyway.

Well tonight, guess what he brought us????????

Yup! My chocolate peanut butter pie!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was enough for everyone at the table to have a piece and I think everyone enjoyed it.

And THEN, he brought out another ENTIRE pie for me to take with me!!!

I asked him if it was possible to leave it in a fridge somewhere because I knew it was too big to fit in the little fridge in our room but he said that once something comes out of the kitchen, it can't go back.

I ended up putting it in a large ziploc bag that I had. It got a little mushy that way but oh well, it was still delicious!! I think I ended up eating 3 more pieces that cruise

I thanked our whole server team repeatedly for the pie! It was sooooo good!

Near the end of dinner, Rob showed up at our table with Kira in her Cinderella dress. I guess he went and got her early and went down to the Atrium to get some photos.

I didn't see them until the next day but they turned out great! I am glad he took her!

and my absolute favourite one....

After dinner, I went back up to the room to say good-night to Kira and then once again got changed into my swimsuit and met S & B up at the hot tub and pool. This time we were early enough to actually spend some quality time in both the pool and hot tub!!

Let's just say I was glad when this day was over!

Oh, here is our stateroom towel animal for the evening.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:09 PM   #269
Timon

DIS Junkie

Kira's 3rd Birthday Party Pics

This one was actually taken on her birthday. We bought her a Snow White costume and she LOVED it!!!

I decorated the windows for her with Crayola Window Writers

Here's a close up in day light of her princesses that I traced onto the windows

I put up this fabulous banner in her play room

With her cupcake cake

Blowing out her candle

Enjoying the cupcake

The mess she made with her cupcake

Admiring her princesses

Kira and her cousin Dani Two little princesses

She had a really good time and she's still talking about it
Old 12-02-2009, 02:57 PM   #270
Jenvenza
Ratted out her husband's lack of pony knowledge for a tag!

Love all the updates!

And Kira looks so adorable in her Snow White dress! I bet she had so much fun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: