Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2009, 04:54 AM   #1
emma'smom
P.S. Who would serve turnips at a wedding?

DCL Onboard Dummy Cruise Booking?

We booked the EB TA onboard.....but now we are looking at the Kids Cruise Free for the Mediterranean cruises and are realizing that we can save about 1800.00 if we switch cruises. We booked onboard through DCL, but transferred the reservation to Dreams Unlimited to get their on board credit (combined with DCL's). So, our reservation is currently with Dreams.

I have to make the original final payment in just about a week, so here are some questions I'm hoping someone might be able to answer:

(1) Since I booked a cruise onboard, can I just transfer the currently booked reservation to a new cruise and still keep the on board credit and on board booking discount? (I've seen people talk about dummy bookings here)

(2) I just got a DCL Visa, if I transfer my reservation and pay the final payment with the new card (already paid the deposit when we booked), will I get the visa on-board credit? I guess since it is only 50.00 it doesn't really matter much, but I thought I would ask.

Thanks!
emma'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:13 AM   #2
lbuher
DIS Veteran

Disney Visa credit

I can only answer the Disney Visa question... we got our Disney Visa after we paid our deposit, but I wanted that OBC AND the "reward points" I would have gotten with the deposit we already paid. The only way you get the OBC is if the entire amount is paid with the Disney Visa. So... I asked my TA about it, and she refunded my deposit to the credit card I had originally used for that and then put the deposit on the Disney one. Voila.... I have an additional $50 in OBC AND an extra $8 in dream dollars!

No ticker right now....

1999 NCL
2007 RCL Sovereign of the Seas
2010 Disney Wonder
2011 Disney Dream
lbuher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2009, 05:55 AM   #3
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Your Dreams agent should be able to move your cruise to the new one with no problems.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:24 AM   #4
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma'smom View Post
We booked the EB TA onboard.....but now we are looking at the Kids Cruise Free for the Mediterranean cruises and are realizing that we can save about 1800.00 if we switch cruises. We booked onboard through DCL, but transferred the reservation to Dreams Unlimited to get their on board credit (combined with DCL's). So, our reservation is currently with Dreams.

I have to make the original final payment in just about a week, so here are some questions I'm hoping someone might be able to answer:

(1) Since I booked a cruise onboard, can I just transfer the currently booked reservation to a new cruise and still keep the on board credit and on board booking discount? (I've seen people talk about dummy bookings here)
(2) I just got a DCL Visa, if I transfer my reservation and pay the final payment with the new card (already paid the deposit when we booked), will I get the visa on-board credit? I guess since it is only 50.00 it doesn't really matter much, but I thought I would ask.

Thanks!
Our Dreams agent has moved our orig. booking about 3 times for us and each time we were able to keep the onboard booking credit. I think it IS subject to change to whatever DCL is currently offering. So in other words if the amount has changed then you would get whatever the current offer is. But I don't think they've changed anything lately so you should be fine.

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (Still a work in progress.)
Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:28 AM   #5
HallsofVA
DIS Veteran

Generally there is one Disney-provided OBC available per cruise, so I'd check with them to see if you can get both the OBC and the Kids Free offer. I was told that I definitely couldn't get both the Kids Free and the Disney Visa offer for the same sailing, which are both "booking code" offers that can't be stacked. (But I was able to still get the $25 credit for booking online, so we'll see if that is there when we sail next month.)

I didn't try moving an onboard booking to a kids free cruise, so I don't know if that was possible or not.
Previous Stops -11/17/12 Fantasy Thanksgiving Eastern to San Juan; 3/31/12 Fantasy MV; 8/21-26/11 WDW Poly;08/16/11 5-nt Dreamy Double-Dip!;8/13-16/11 Universal;09/18/10 14-nt WB Transatlantic; 1/10/10-1/14/10 Bahamas, 1/6/10-1/09/10 AKL, 12/12/09 Western (Cat 3 upgrade); 12/06/08 Eastern (upgraded to the Roy Suite!); 12/03/05 Western (upgrade to Cat 3)
Dream/Fantasy Special Rooms Thread
HallsofVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:49 AM   #6
kcashner
DIS Veteran

You cannot combine an onboard booking credit/disount with a Disney Visa credit. As in the above example, you can have only one DCL code applied to your reservation. You cannot get a FL res discount and a Disney Visa OBC.

The only exception to this rule that I'm aware of is the $25 online booking credit which can be combined with others--but it doesn't require you to enter a discount code.

You CAN combine a credit from a TA with any DCL code as they are from different sources. You CAN move your onboard rebooking as much as you choose, but if you move it to a "better" code, you'll lose the onboard rebooking. For instance, if you move an onboard rebooking to a FL res discount, you will lose both the 10% and the $200--only one discount from DCL allowed.

I don't know if this specifically applies to the kids free (never used that deal), but it would be consistent with other DCL discounts if you could not combine them.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:58 AM   #7
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

You will not be able to get the onboard booking discount/onboard credit if you move your sailing to the kids sail free offer, only 1 discount is allowed from DCL at a time.
If you want you can move your onboard booking to a further out date (if you plan to cruise in the future) to keep the onboard booking incentives and then book the other date with the kids sail free offer.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:41 AM   #8
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

If you just want to move from the April Transatlantic cruise to a later Med cruise, your travel agent can do that without losing the discount or the onboard credit. (You can't move it yourself, now that it has been transferred to DU.) If you're moving to a cat. 12, you won't get the 10% discount, but the $999/pp prices are much better than 10% discount on a higher category.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:19 AM   #9
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
If you just want to move from the April Transatlantic cruise to a later Med cruise, your travel agent can do that without losing the discount or the onboard credit. (You can't move it yourself, now that it has been transferred to DU.) If you're moving to a cat. 12, you won't get the 10% discount, but the $999/pp prices are much better than 10% discount on a higher category.
OP doesn't want to just move to a different date, she wants to move to a kids sail free offer as I understand her post.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:30 AM   #10
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
OP doesn't want to just move to a different date, she wants to move to a kids sail free offer as I understand her post.
I understand that, and from what has been posted - she can't get both the kids sail free and the discount + onboard credit. Depending on the original cat. booked, she may save more by booking the cat. 12 plus OBC than by getting the kids free with a higher-priced cabin and no OBC.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: