Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2009, 03:18 PM   #346
nic100308
DIS Veteran

It sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving and BF. This is the first year in 5 years I did not go. This was also my first year hosting so I opted for some relaxation. I'm glad you got some really great deals.

I think the charity sounds amazing. I know it always makes me feel good to give to others and I think that during the holidays most of all it is important to do whatever you can.

YAY!!! Congrats on the weight loss!! Doesn't it make you feel good to know your hard work is paying off!?!?! You go girl!!!! My weight has been a struggle for me almost my entire life, so I know what it's like to have to work at it. It's hard, but you feel really good when you see it actually paying off. That is a real accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself.

Isn't it so exciting that Disney is so close!?!?! I love your bags and purchases!!
"My dearest friend, if you don't mind... I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be." Jack and Sally

Old 11-29-2009, 05:40 PM   #347
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you did awesome on Black Friday! I can't believe you started packing!! I go to Vegas on Thursday so I have to worry about packing for that trip first. I can't believe you leave in 10 days!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2009, 07:05 PM   #348
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

LOL--I do the countdown where I don't count the day we are on. So, even though Tour Guide Mike says I have 17 days, I really have 16. It just seems better that way.

Love your Christmas tree. We have an artificial one my sister-in-law got us from the Commissary in Ft. Stewart in 2004. This may be it's last year--but we paid $35 for it (originally $250) the day after Christmas, so, it's been a good one! I really need to post packing pictures, as I already have started.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:57 PM   #349
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic100308 View Post
It sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving and BF. This is the first year in 5 years I did not go. This was also my first year hosting so I opted for some relaxation. I'm glad you got some really great deals.

I think the charity sounds amazing. I know it always makes me feel good to give to others and I think that during the holidays most of all it is important to do whatever you can.

YAY!!! Congrats on the weight loss!! Doesn't it make you feel good to know your hard work is paying off!?!?! You go girl!!!! My weight has been a struggle for me almost my entire life, so I know what it's like to have to work at it. It's hard, but you feel really good when you see it actually paying off. That is a real accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself.

Isn't it so exciting that Disney is so close!?!?! I love your bags and purchases!!
Thanks!!!!!!

I can't wait until I can pack all my stuff for real and get on the plane!

I asked my kids at school if they missed me and they are 4 so of course they said yes and I said I was going to be at school for 9 days and then I'm going to see Mickey at WDW
Boy named A goes: YOU JUST CAME FROM THERE A FEW MONTHS AGO, WHY DO YOU NEED TO GO BACK???!!!!!!!!!!!

...I just about died!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaPolynesian View Post
Sounds like you did awesome on Black Friday! I can't believe you started packing!! I go to Vegas on Thursday so I have to worry about packing for that trip first. I can't believe you leave in 10 days!!
I won't even comment on your DL, Vegas, WDW trips all in a month! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
LOL--I do the countdown where I don't count the day we are on. So, even though Tour Guide Mike says I have 17 days, I really have 16. It just seems better that way.

Love your Christmas tree. We have an artificial one my sister-in-law got us from the Commissary in Ft. Stewart in 2004. This may be it's last year--but we paid $35 for it (originally $250) the day after Christmas, so, it's been a good one! I really need to post packing pictures, as I already have started.
We have always gotten a real Xmas tree. I believe the one we got this year smelled the most like a Xmas tree..it's pretty cool to have the real smell and not one from a candle!!
Old 12-01-2009, 08:10 AM   #350
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Single digits...WOO HOO!!

That is too funny about one of your kiddos saying you just got back from there.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 12-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #351
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

just had to drop in and say hi- i used to follow you on your CP and then your AK internship, but dropped off when life got in the way and i got too busy! so great to find you again. I am a former WDWCP too (but way back in 1996!).

Anyhow- we are going aroudn the same time- 12/10-12/20. I'll have to spend some time reading through your report tonight- can't wait!!!

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 12-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #352
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Single digits...WOO HOO!!

That is too funny about one of your kiddos saying you just got back from there.
I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
just had to drop in and say hi- i used to follow you on your CP and then your AK internship, but dropped off when life got in the way and i got too busy! so great to find you again. I am a former WDWCP too (but way back in 1996!).

Anyhow- we are going aroudn the same time- 12/10-12/20. I'll have to spend some time reading through your report tonight- can't wait!!!
Ya I saw that on your sig from another TR. We will be at WL as well!!!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #353
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

7 days!!!!

7 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST 7 BOUNCIES LEFT!!!!!

:

Not much to report on for today...

Lets just say after the 3 days I've had this week, I can't tell you how much I'm ready to leave

I won't go into major details but the director at my school is on vacation, FL, believe it or not! Monday went pretty smooth. There is another lady at the front who is more or less an asst. director but without the title..more like a up-front helper who deals with food orders and event planning.
Monday went pretty smooth and I even agreed to stay super late to help her out by cleaning rooms and helping with the kids before parents came to pick up.

Tues on the other hand was just a NIGHTMARE. Licensing came back in June when my g-ma had passed away so I was not there for the visit but they did a "surprise" visit yesterday (were supposed to come mid month) and my room did fine but not so well in other rooms and it felt like a day of pins and needles Thankfully we bribed the kids enough to be quiet when she entered the room to inspect it and told the kids she was santa's helper and they need to be good...
well...that worked for yesterday

..not so much today when she wasn't here!!!

I was supposed to have my 1st Aid class last night after the horrid licensing visit and we could not get the DVD to work in the school player so we had to cancel the class and reschedule it for tomorrow night from 6:30pm-11pm I guess it's a sign of the times when you can't even teach a class without having to deviate from a DVD

After I had the mole on my arm removed last weekend, I have to cover it with a bandaid and put aquaphor (sp?) on it twice a day. Well, the area around the bandaids had been getting dry so I thought heck, why not put the aquaphor on the dry area to make it better since it's used for dry skin as well...bad idea...totally broke out from it, my arm is now bright red and sooo itchy!!! It's funny how it's find on the incision

We also are having a lady shadow our room for when S goes on maternity leave and they need a FT teacher. S and I have already said it takes a "special young person" to deal with the kids in our room. Needless to say this lady was nice but I don't know. S and I are on the fence about it. Hopefully tomorrow she will be more interested in the kids and ask us questions.

So after the past 2 days I'm more than ready to trade in my teaching binder for a week of fun at WDW. I was considering just staying down there and dealing with finding a job but I just spent $50 getting license plates so I guess I'm stuck for awhile!!!

As far as WDW news goes....

All the ressies have been set
Rental Car is booked
I checked flight status today and it was still all the same! Our flight going home has 3 seats left and our flight going down has about 50+ seats left. The times and flight #s are all the same so that is good
I was on the fence about ordering a cake from YC bakery and pretty much decided against it. I thought about calling and if it was $30 or less I would get one and it just got put on list after list and finally erased tonight and if I have time to deal with it this weekend (prolly not) than oh well....

I'm on the fence about clothing packing to and not feeling like I have no control over it since I have to leave my suitcase with Dm on Sunday and we leave Thurs. I'm going to leave her a list of pack A and B and update her Wed nite/Thurs morning on what list to pack. On accuweather it's saying the coldest it could be is 69 and the highest 80. Id rather the 80 than 70

Well that is it for now...I'm off to get some sleep as I will not get a whole lot tmw now bc of the class and I have to drive home to PA on Friday alone for the Rockettes show on Saturday....

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!

What packing list will it be???
Making my list and checking it twice!!!!!

Last edited by TinkerbellLuvr7; 12-02-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:50 AM   #354
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Well all have weeks like that sometimes--sorry yours was this week. But look at it this way: you will appreciate your time in WDW so much more!

Old 12-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #355
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Well all have weeks like that sometimes--sorry yours was this week. But look at it this way: you will appreciate your time in WDW so much more!
I agree!!!! Today was such a better day. I actually went on lunch and feeling like wow, a weight had been lifted, the kids have had a good listening day despite the fact it's too cold to go outside, and my new shadow teacher was a great help today and the kids seemed to really click with her!
Old 12-06-2009, 09:19 PM   #356
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

The cake debate.....

HI DIS!!!!!

3 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONLY 3 BOUNCIES LEFT!!!!!!!!

My Dm spent yesterday arguing with me saying that "NO MEGAN IT'S 4 DAYS" "NO DM IT'S 3 DAYS, YOU DON'T COUNT THE DAY YOU ARE ON AND YOU DON'T COUNT THE DAY YOU LEAVE SO THERE!!!!"

Seeing as most of my readers are already in WDW, I'm expecting a huge response but oh well, it will help me pass the time!

Not much to report on. I'm making my lists and checking them twice and they are getting smaller and smaller!

I went with Dm yesterday to see the Radio City Rockettes!!! It was the most amazing show! I would rate it with Cirque for sure Dm and I felt bad bc we thought Dd would have liked it as well but he was being all manly and didn't want to see a bunch of thin girls kicking their legs to Xmas music...if he only knew!!!!!

I finished packing early this morning before heading back to OH for my work Xmas party. I took pics of the bag packed but it will be shown Wed night'ish.

THE CAKE DEBATE.....

So after reading and reading and reading the cake thread on the Dis, I decided NOT to get the cake at YC private dining. I thought waste of money, we would not have a chance to transport it the next day to WL and I wrote it off...until now...3 little days before the trip

I broke down and found the YC number and called private dining.
I explained I wanted a small cake with edible image. CM tells me you have to have a 10inch cake plus decoration and delivery $100
Scratch that...

So I ordered (hopefully) a 6inch vanilla cake with red and green color decoration and "MERRY CHRISTMAS" on it. I would have liked it to say "Merry Chrismas W Family" but the CM spoke little english and called me back twice to confirm the colors and took my card info and then called back again bc she didn't take my last name or expiration date on my CC....
So we'll see if the cake arrives in one piece lol. I have it to arrive after 6:30pm on 12/10...

Who wants to take bets we don't get a cake I may call back tomorrow to confirm!!!!!

There is not much left on my list to do:
-Dm and Dbro have our bags to take on their SW flight
-I work 7-3 on Thurs and plan on coming back to the apt, showering, and meeting Dd at 4:30 at his work to head to the airport.
-I'll pack my carry-on bags on Wed night/Thurs afternoon.
-I've already made my lesson plans for next week for S to teach on Mon and Tues.
-I'll do laundry on Wed night so I have clothes for when we get back.
-I've faxed my ID to YC so Dm and Dbro can check in and not wait for me to arrive.

I was thinking about going online to confirm my resort ressies and ADRs but I'm scared that they might not work and well who wants to deal with that so I'm just going to chance it lol.

Well, I think that is it for now. I've been following the weather and it seems to be the coldest daytime in the low 70s and highest in the low 80s so that is just fine with me!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED FOR PACKING PICTURES!!!!

Old 12-06-2009, 10:31 PM   #357
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Glad you enjoyed the Rockettes show!

Sooo jealous you are leaving soon!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 12-07-2009, 01:37 PM   #358
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 BOUNCIES LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not much to update today for in the past 24 hours...

We had snow last night and it took me about an hour and 1/2 to get to work today because of an accident about a mile away from my school. All the roads were fine until the final road to the school and it was crazy bad!
Makes me want to leave today for WDW!!!!

My Derm. called about my mole removal last week and left a VM saying it was perfectly fine and to call back to tell them the progress of healing or if I need anything else

One last thing...

I went onto my CM site to confirm the resort ressies and was playing around with the dates after that and a room at WLV opened up for 12/10 (Thurs)..
a studio villa for $130
We could have saved $100 but we were outside of the 6 day window to cancel and 10 day window for DME so we'll stick with YC and enjoy the room for one night, the pool the next day, and the 50% off discount
I told my Dm kidding that if all else fails and we get messed up with our room there was a 1br villa at SSR or CBR lol. She told me to shut my mouth

THAT'S IT FOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-08-2009, 10:02 PM   #359
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

One day left!!!!!!

ONE DAY LEFT!!!!!!!

JUST ONE BOUNCIE LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED TOMORROW NIGHT FOR LAST MINUTE PACKING PICTURES!

...Pretty much the next day is gonna be crazy!

tomorrow:
work 8:30-5:30 (hopefully!)
laundry, shower, packing, and bed

Thursday:
work 7-3 (yay for S switching me shifts!)
rushing home by 3:30 to shower and update Ipod with Dis unplugged podcast
leaving apt at 4ish to meet Dd at his work between 4:15 and 4:30
airport, check-in, dinner, flight at 8:10pm

I'm off to bed to get my rest in before tomorrow night!!!!

STAY TUNED FOR PACKING PICS!!!!

Old 12-09-2009, 06:10 AM   #360
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

YAY! I'm so excited for you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: