Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2009, 11:24 PM   #241
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Well after three whirlwind completely filled days, I sit down to a Cass, Kira and Rob fix, NICE. Such a fantastic update. Have I taken the time to really thank you for doing this report yet, Cass, truly, this is so great and entertaining for all of us!! We can feel every single thing you're going thru. I can't wait for more already!!!
Old 11-29-2009, 12:25 AM   #242
minnieandmickey
Queen of the run on sentence!

Thanks for sharing Cass. I'm really enjoying it. Sorry the cruise didn't go as well as it could . You and Rob definately deserve a cruise by yourselves after this one. What great memories you have made though. She is adorable, even when she is not so princess like.

My life at Disney: DL - started in 1978 too many times to count. First time AP holder in 2012, spent a total of 14 days! WDW- 10th anniversary- May 1999(Dixie Landings), 2005(off site),2006(POP/POFQ),2007(WLV),2008(AKV),2011(OKW) DCL- 3 day Bahamas Wonder 2002, 4 Day Bahamas Wonder 2006, 7 day Western Caribbean Magic 2007, 20 days on the Magic 2008, B2B Panama Canal and 5 day double dip, Sarah's gradapalooza 4 day Bahamas on the Dream and 7 Day Eastern Caribbean on the Magic 2011
Up next: DLP, Paris, and London, October 2013. Girls only Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Fantasy, November 15, 2014. Three generations, my mom, me, DD (21), and DNiece (10) Mom and Niece are DCL newbies!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2009, 08:09 AM   #243
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Let me know if you want the originals hun Thanks for reading all my chapters and please chime in when you want to :
I'll take the originals Cass. Now that I learned how keep them all to my self.

Oooooh, an open invite to chime in? You might regret you said that Sweets.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:24 AM   #244
GOS
Livin' for Disney holidays with great friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerneeds View Post
as were ours eh heather?
Indeed they were Mike.
Heather Magic travelling with my DIS friends in October 1114 days in FL - February 11Trip to California to see my US Sista - February 2010Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 24th October 2009 "Bash on the Boat" Jewel of the Seas - Cruise to Russia - 17th May 2009 Disney Magic - 15 day Repo Cruise 17th August 2008; Independence of the Seas - 4 day cruise - 2nd May 2008; Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 20th October 2007; Dawn Princess - 10 day cruise - 21st May 2007; Disney Wonder - 11 day cruise - 15th Sept 2006; Disney Wonder - 4 day cruise - October 2005; Carnival Glory - 7 day Cruise - January 2003; Disney Magic - 7 day Halloween Cruise - October 2001; Disney Magic - 7 Day Millenium Cruise - October 2000
Old 11-29-2009, 09:25 AM   #245
GOS
Livin' for Disney holidays with great friends

Quote:
Here is our Formal Night pic we bought from Shutters

This is a lovely photo Cass.
Heather Magic travelling with my DIS friends in October 1114 days in FL - February 11Trip to California to see my US Sista - February 2010Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 24th October 2009 "Bash on the Boat" Jewel of the Seas - Cruise to Russia - 17th May 2009 Disney Magic - 15 day Repo Cruise 17th August 2008; Independence of the Seas - 4 day cruise - 2nd May 2008; Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 20th October 2007; Dawn Princess - 10 day cruise - 21st May 2007; Disney Wonder - 11 day cruise - 15th Sept 2006; Disney Wonder - 4 day cruise - October 2005; Carnival Glory - 7 day Cruise - January 2003; Disney Magic - 7 day Halloween Cruise - October 2001; Disney Magic - 7 Day Millenium Cruise - October 2000
Old 11-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #246
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
Love, love, love it!!!!!!!! I'm right there with you through all the lows and highs. Your servers sound absolutely fabulous. I love how Kira makes friends everywhere she goes. She'll go far in life with that talent!

I'm planning a "girls only" cruise with some girlfriends for our 40th birthdays in a few years and now I'm thinking of a Disney cruise! Would it be fun for adults only would you say? I think that if I mention the word "Disney" they may freak out! I'm off to Panama this week so I'm going to miss your updates for a whole week. I'm in withdrawal already. Have fun at the party tomorrow!!!
Oh a girls only cruise sounds Fantabulous!!!!!!!!! We've convinced many adults (no kids) to go on DCL and they've all loved it! We did 2 cruises before Kira and they were completely awesome!! We are doing Alaska in 2011 without Kira and while we will miss her, I am looking forward to it!

Have fun in Panama! I will post some pics of Kira's party

Quote:
Cass my dear..i feel obligated to stick up for Rob as far as his illness was concerned. you ladies just have no idea how painfull it is when we men get the "what do they call it?" oh yes... The ManFlu. right?
Yes, I know all about the "manflu" from my friend Chris It's an absolute epidemic of the worst kind! (for their wives, that is )

Quote:
Robin and i are loving the updates and pics Cass!!
Glad you're both still with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Well after three whirlwind completely filled days, I sit down to a Cass, Kira and Rob fix NICE. Such a fantastic update. Have I taken the time to really thank you for doing this report yet, Cass, truly, this is so great and entertaining for all of us!! We can feel every single thing you're going thru. I can't wait for more already!!!

Aww thanks hun! It really helps to know that so many wonderful people will be sharing in my trip with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnieandmickey View Post
Thanks for sharing Cass. I'm really enjoying it. Sorry the cruise didn't go as well as it could . You and Rob definately deserve a cruise by yourselves after this one. What great memories you have made though. She is adorable, even when she is not so princess like.
Yup, exactly, we will remember all the good parts and eventually we won't even remember the hard times. And she's still OUR princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
I'll take the originals Cass. Now that I learned how keep them all to my self.

Oooooh, an open invite to chime in? You might regret you said that Sweets.
Ok, I will send them to you by mail when I get a chance And I so won't regret it, you can add your $.02 anytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOS View Post
This is a lovely photo Cass.
Thanks Heather I already put that one up in a frame

Ok, back to party stuff....cupcakes are baking as I type...smells sooooo good in here
Old 11-29-2009, 04:45 PM   #247
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Quote:

Yes, I know all about the "manflu" from my friend Chris It's an absolute epidemic of the worst kind! (for their wives, that is )
HEY!!

too bad theres no pics of you dragging that heavy luggage into the cabin.

now you know how i feel.
Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Old 11-30-2009, 01:32 PM   #248
JOANNEL
DVC MEMBER 6/02
I haven't laughed that hard in ages

Glad you are feeling better, you really have some great pictures!!
Old 11-30-2009, 05:20 PM   #249
d'Isigny
WDW/DCL Dreaming

Don't cha just love it...when a lurker speaks.

Cass/Rob...have enjoyed your many adventures. Through you writings…I get to take a ‘virtual Disney vacation’. Thank you for taking the time to write them.

I'll start with a comment...looks like I've seen a picture like this before --- the faces were different...looks like a great addition to another photo you have like this. Am sure you will cherish this one...while 'in wait' for the following generation to share the same shot/similar location/beautiful smiles.

One word...FANTASTIC!!

[QUOTE=Timon;34413602]Day 8 Part 3
October 22nd - Storybook Princess Breakfast at Epcot & MNSSHP

We've both been blessed to cross paths with Brenda/Jason & Nancy (momma goose)/Chuck. I have to agree with you...wonderful...giving...great-great people. I could go on...but...too many humble people are already blushing.

I saw the photo of Wira...and this brought back great memories. Our first sailing in Jan of 2000, Wira was our Server. He was fantastic with (then) four very energetic children. Am sure I have some photos of him entertaining and taking great care of our kids. He quickly understood...if the kids were happy...the mom/dads could relax and enjoy themselves. Just Nan and I returned to the Wonder 14 months later...it appeared they were grooming him for more responsibility. It is outstanding - to see him in a higher position...he is fantastic!!! Am hopeful...he's on board when we sail in 11 months.

You have a beautiful daughter. The great thing I see through all your trippies...she appears to be 'well loved' - by you both. Am sure you'll still have some 'bumps in the road' (who doesn't/won't)...but...you'll always have heart-warming memories to day dream on.

Again...thank you for taking the time to offer us very detailed writings and wonderful photos of your adventures. Blessings on all. K

Oct - 1995 WDW, Jun - 1996 WDW, Jan - 2000 WDW/DCL Wonder, Apr/May - 2001 WDW/DCL Wonder (jus Nan & I), Jan - 2003 WDW/DCL Magic Western, Oct - 2005 WDW/DCL Magic Eastern, Oct - 2007 WDW/DCL Magic Eastern,
Oct - 2010 WDW/DCL Magic Eastern...WDW/DCL in 2015 - under discussion
Too many DL trips to list - Oct - 2008 Lunch at Club 33

Wishing you smooth seas and great seats for Disney Dreams......K
Old 12-01-2009, 10:22 AM   #250
LISAMWDW
DIS Veteran

All caught up again! Sorry Rob was sick on the cruise! I can imagine that was stressful! Great updates!
***2010 DISNEYLAND
2011-JW MARRIOTT***2014-
Old 12-01-2009, 10:31 AM   #251
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
HEY!!

too bad theres no pics of you dragging that heavy luggage into the cabin.

now you know how i feel.
Yeah too bad eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOANNEL View Post
Glad you are feeling better, you really have some great pictures!!
Thanks Joanne!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d'Isigny View Post
Don't cha just love it...when a lurker speaks.

Cass/Rob...have enjoyed your many adventures. Through you writings…I get to take a ‘virtual Disney vacation’. Thank you for taking the time to write them.

I'll start with a comment...looks like I've seen a picture like this before --- the faces were different...looks like a great addition to another photo you have like this. Am sure you will cherish this one...while 'in wait' for the following generation to share the same shot/similar location/beautiful smiles.

One word...FANTASTIC!!

We've both been blessed to cross paths with Brenda/Jason & Nancy (momma goose)/Chuck. I have to agree with you...wonderful...giving...great-great people. I could go on...but...too many humble people are already blushing.

I saw the photo of Wira...and this brought back great memories. Our first sailing in Jan of 2000, Wira was our Server. He was fantastic with (then) four very energetic children. Am sure I have some photos of him entertaining and taking great care of our kids. He quickly understood...if the kids were happy...the mom/dads could relax and enjoy themselves. Just Nan and I returned to the Wonder 14 months later...it appeared they were grooming him for more responsibility. It is outstanding - to see him in a higher position...he is fantastic!!! Am hopeful...he's on board when we sail in 11 months.

You have a beautiful daughter. The great thing I see through all your trippies...she appears to be 'well loved' - by you both. Am sure you'll still have some 'bumps in the road' (who doesn't/won't)...but...you'll always have heart-warming memories to day dream on.

Again...thank you for taking the time to offer us very detailed writings and wonderful photos of your adventures. Blessings on all. K

What a wonderful thoughtful post!! I've heard really good things about you from Momma Goose and all of your posts that I have read in the past only confirms just how right she is

Thanks for taking the time to read and come out of lurkdom to post

I think I have recovered enough from the week-end, let's get on with this thing, shall we?
Old 12-01-2009, 10:55 AM   #252
disgrits
DIS Veteran

All caught up...whew! I haven't been able to read updates in a while. I laughed out loud with the hats at the character breakfast!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:08 AM   #253
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 12 Part 1

October 26th - Day At Sea

Kira was up around 8 am so we all got ready and headed for Topsiders for breakfast. Kira was a little crazy this morning and I don't think she ate a whole lot.

Rob was about 10 minutes into his breakfast when he suddenly announces that he NEEDS to go back to bed and he just flees from the table to return to the room.

He didn't even stop to give me a chance to say anything, he was just gone!

OooooooooK

Guess it's just me and Kira now. I tried to get her to eat a little more breakfast and then we went to explore the ship a little.

We went down to Beat Street so she could see that cool area. We watched the waves roll by while she had fun playing in the portholes.

We went to all the places that she could run around without being in anyone's way too much. We actually had a good time for the most part.

She loved pressing the button to deck 4

We walked all the way around deck 4. We got in the way a little of some joggers near the forward part of the ship where it narrows and is covered but she enjoyed seeing it.

Then we made our way up to the Club and I let her play for a couple of hours.

Mostly, she just went up and down th slide.

It was really starting to get busy and she was being pushed around by the bigger kids so we went in search of a quieter area and found exactly what she needed....an empty room! The little room with the computers was empty and locked so I asked a CM why it was closed. She said that there weren't enough counselors there to open that area but as long as I stayed with her, we were welcome to go in and play.

She was thrilled to have the place all to herself! We played some computer games for quite awhile.

We read books and she ran around. It was great!

I knew there was going to be a Princess Gathering in the Atrium so about 10 minutes before it was supposed to start we left the club and went to get in line.

We got there and the line was ridiculously long!!!!!! It went all the way back well past Lumieres!!!!!!! I knew she wouldn't last that long in the line so I asked her if it was OK if we just went upstairs and watched the Princesses for awhile and she said sure!

We went up to deck 4 and we watched Belle and Cindy and Snow White and Aurora. She seemed relatively happy to just watch them but I was kind of ticked about the long lines. It was the same with the photos before/after dinner, the lines were just too long for little kids to wait.

I don't have a solution but Disney really needs to address this because it's such a pain in the butt! I would have purchased way more photos if the lines were shorter and we were able to get more portraits done.

So while we watched the Princesses greet the hordes of children downstairs, I looked up and couldn't believe what I saw. There were 4 long banners hanging down, each with it's own princess on it but these princesses looked like they were anorexic!!!

Now, I am not one to complain about all the gorgeous 100-pound, 5 foot 10 inch models, who still get airbrushed before they get slapped onto the cover of all the beauty magazines but I was a more than a little perturbed about these banners!

As it is, the princesses in the movies are all extremely skinny but these new renderings of them made them look like stick women!!!

I don't know why it bothered me THAT much but it really, really did!!

Look at their necks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem with these?????

Ok, off my soap box now
Old 12-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #254
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 12 Part 2

October 26th - Day At Sea

Kira was getting a little grumpy by this point so I knew it was time to feed her! We made our way up to deck 9, and as we were walking along, I asked her if she wanted some pizza and she said yes so we started walking towards Pinocchio's.

On our way there, we ran into Scott, Lori, Julia and Harrison! Kira was immediately drawn to them so we chatted for a bit and then headed for the Gazebo to see Minnie Mouse together.

We said good-bye to her favourite play mates and went and got some pizza. It was really busy near the pools so we walked up near the Mickey Pool looking for a table but there were none! We ended up walking into Topsiders and finding an empty table there.

She was pretty grumpy and was acting up again.

So while little Miss Cranky Pants ate her pizza I watched the throngs of people go through the buffet line.

Can I just take a few minutes here to comment on proper buffet attire?

For the most part, people were dressed properly but then there was that 10% of people who just shocked the heck out of me! I couldn't believe what some people were wearing!!!

I saw a man in a small bathing suit (a bit more coverage than a speedo) and nothing else! I saw tons of people in swimsuits AND no shoes!!! I'm sorry but just because you are near a pool, doesn't make it right to enter an area where they serve food in your teeny tiny little bikini and barefeet!

It's a good thing that I wasn't eating because I might have lost my lunch right there and then!

Then, this woman came in and she was wearing her swimsuit but both her butt cheeks had popped out to say Hello!

She might as well had been wearing a thong cus there really wasn't much left to the imagination if you know what I mean!

My jaw just dropped and I couldn't stop staring at her! It was like watching a car accident, you just HAVE to watch!

So she left and I shook my head trying to clear the image and then 2 minutes later she returned!

Mind you, she must have adjusted her swimsuit because she wasn't showing as much when she came back but it was still gross!

And this time I snapped a pic

Yes, you all now have to witness what I witnessed, however, you are much luckier than I was because this is the PG rated version and the railing is hiding a good portion of the ickiness!!

I have to go to the doc, so I think it's best that I end this chapter now so that you all have time to get over that picture before you are able to eat lunch

To be continued....
Old 12-01-2009, 11:42 AM   #255
disgrits
DIS Veteran

The drawings look almost like caricatures....

...and the "cheeks"...well, even if they had had proper coverage from the swimsuit, it would still be inappropriate.

Last edited by disgrits; 12-01-2009 at 11:47 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: