Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2009, 08:13 AM   #76
minnie2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof1 View Post
Love the matching shirts, you guys look fantastic. I'm anxious to see how the crowds were during Jersey Week, because I am thinking about that week for our next vacation.
I was there the same week as Cathy and there was no real lines at all! It was great! Though I will say I think the yr before when we went the week before Thanksgiving the lines where slightly less but not much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post
Well, heck...I was scared my first time too!!!! But I was very proud of Devon for riding with us and liking it....I am sure Brookie will try it next time we go!!! Thanks so much about the shirts! It was fun making them!

Oh please CASE away....I can say with certainty that all of my outfits were CASES too. I am unfortunately not that creative...but I can copy real good!!! I tried not to fight about clothing especially when I know Devon didn't want to wear it so she could be like the big girls. She wore everything else so I am not too upset. I was afraid she wouldn't wear anything I made...then I would have lost it!!! LOL...plus both girls are wearing their outfits to school so they are getting use!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

I made everyone outfits last year but this year only Brooklyn wanted a tee so I had a turkey applique that I used. The outline didn't line up with the feathers...opps...but I don't think you can tell! No one noticed today at school!!!

That shirt ad Brook of course are so cute!!!!!!

Yay Devon for going on Splash Mountain!!!!!! I got soaked when I road it with the kids this yr I mean SOAKED! It wasn't even at the end with the drop it was in the very beginning!! The kids LOVEd it! Me not so much!

Off to read the new update!

Old 11-29-2009, 08:15 AM   #77
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

What a fantastic day, I love the photos of Brooke with the characters, so cute, and how wonderful that Devon finally decided to get close to Piglet
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2009, 08:34 AM   #78
minnie2
DIS Veteran

For a Disney hater Edmund sure looked like he had a good time! He had a smile on his face in almost every picture!

I cried reading how Devon finally warmed up to the characters!!

As for Brook and not liking the 3d glasses could it be she has a hard time seeing things in 3d? I know she had the same eye issues as I do and I can't always see 3d. I ahve to really concentrate to see 3d. When you have a lazy eye you usually only see out of one eye at a time(monovision) so 3d is hard to see. For me the worst one is Muppets. It is usually a blurry mess for me.

LOVED the update!

Old 11-29-2009, 08:53 AM   #79
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Awwwwwwww....... LOVE the Piglet story. Thanks for sharing it with us! What a moment!
It was amazing and you'll see that she was in every character meet after this too! She really loved them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireland_nicole View Post
What a great day! Y'all look so cute w/ the CP shirts; they were cute before, but even better with all the models! I really teared up when I heard about Devon and piglet-what an incredible moment! I also love the baloon Devon pic
Thanks so much...the tees were so fun to sew. I used my friend Heather Sue's designs! She sells on Etsy...wait am I allowed to say that? In any case, I am so glad the tee and the big girls gave Devon the confidence to meet Piglet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie2 View Post
I was there the same week as Cathy and there was no real lines at all! It was great! Though I will say I think the yr before when we went the week before Thanksgiving the lines where slightly less but not much.

That shirt ad Brook of course are so cute!!!!!!

Yay Devon for going on Splash Mountain!!!!!! I got soaked when I road it with the kids this yr I mean SOAKED! It wasn't even at the end with the drop it was in the very beginning!! The kids LOVEd it! Me not so much!

Off to read the new update!
I think thats just it...they soak you at the beginning with the other flumes going down! Its a good thing it was warm because we did a little wet and my dh soaked!
The lack of lines was heart warming I tell ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
What a fantastic day, I love the photos of Brooke with the characters, so cute, and how wonderful that Devon finally decided to get close to Piglet
It was an unforgetable day! Its funny how she just changed her mind about the characters but I think it made for a better trip for her!

Quote:
For a Disney hater Edmund sure looked like he had a good time! He had a smile on his face in almost every picture!

I cried reading how Devon finally warmed up to the characters!!

As for Brook and not liking the 3d glasses could it be she has a hard time seeing things in 3d? I know she had the same eye issues as I do and I can't always see 3d. I ahve to really concentrate to see 3d. When you have a lazy eye you usually only see out of one eye at a time(monovision) so 3d is hard to see. For me the worst one is Muppets. It is usually a blurry mess for me.

LOVED the update!
He did like it as a matter of fact...he even went with us on the last day too! I still don't think he would have like to be following us around everyday but as long as everyone was happy it was worth it!
I think it was too intense or distracting too with the glasses And as you said...she probably doesn't see anything. LOL about the Muppets!
Old 11-29-2009, 09:22 AM   #80
minnie2
DIS Veteran

I hear you about Edmund! George likes to have some time just to relax wen we are there and we all are much happier for it! At least Edmund is coming around!

As for the 3d glasses maybe when she gets older she can explain her reasoning. It could be anything! LOL

Old 11-29-2009, 05:55 PM   #81
disneymomof1
DIS Veteran

Ok, literally tears streaming down my face reading about Devon and Piglet, what an amazing story. Magical !!! My Maddie is obsessed with the characters noses, she always has to tickle their nose after meeting with them, she started that when she was about 3 and it still continues, it's her own little disney tradition.

Love the update !!!

Old 11-29-2009, 06:02 PM   #82
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hear you about Edmund! George likes to have some time just to relax wen we are there and we all are much happier for it! At least Edmund is coming around!

As for the 3d glasses maybe when she gets older she can explain her reasoning. It could be anything! LOL
Well, he still says we aren't going back for a while...I take that to mean HE isn't going back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof1 View Post
Ok, literally tears streaming down my face reading about Devon and Piglet, what an amazing story. Magical !!! My Maddie is obsessed with the characters noses, she always has to tickle their nose after meeting with them, she started that when she was about 3 and it still continues, it's her own little disney tradition.

Love the update !!!
It was such a miraculous moment especially since at the beginning of lunch she was so upset that they were there. Thanks for reading along! So funny about the nose touching...good thing they don't want to poke them in their eyes!
Old 11-29-2009, 07:13 PM   #83
minnie2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, he still says we aren't going back for a while...I take that to mean HE isn't going back...
That's my girl!!!!

Old 11-30-2009, 05:01 PM   #84
Boppintothetop
Earning My Ears

Never fear...HE may not be going back for awhile,but you know who is always ready and willing when it comes to Disney!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 09:52 PM   #85
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boppintothetop View Post
Never fear...HE may not be going back for awhile,but you know who is always ready and willing when it comes to Disney!!!

Without me even knowing about it or asking, Edmund dvr'd the disney special about the "Behind the Scenes...Getting Ready for Christmas at Disney". Well, I was just about was crying through the whole thing. I really want to do a weekend trip in the middle of Dec (2010??) so I can go to Hollywood Studios, and MVMCP and maybe even Epcot since we didn't see the whole thing last time, and DTD??? There...the beginnings of a plan ( muaaaaa) I would have to get REALLY good airline prices to even consider it ($100 each r/t). And free dining would clinch the deal.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:52 AM   #86
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Loved the updates and all the pictures! Looks like you're having a blast!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 12-02-2009, 10:05 AM   #87
minnie2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Without me even knowing about it or asking, Edmund dvr'd the disney special about the "Behind the Scenes...Getting Ready for Christmas at Disney". Well, I was just about was crying through the whole thing. I really want to do a weekend trip in the middle of Dec (2010??) so I can go to Hollywood Studios, and MVMCP and maybe even Epcot since we didn't see the whole thing last time, and DTD??? There...the beginnings of a plan ( muaaaaa) I would have to get REALLY good airline prices to even consider it ($100 each r/t). And free dining would clinch the deal.
No you must wait until early 2011 so we can meet up again!!!!!

Old 12-05-2009, 04:11 PM   #88
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Loved the updates and all the pictures! Looks like you're having a blast!
It was such a fun day with family and friends and nice weather and I will never forget it!

Quote:
No you must wait until early 2011 so we can meet up again!!!!!
You're probably right!
Old 12-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #89
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Magic Kingdom Part 2: The Background

The Background:

I wouldn’t normally have planned two MK days in a row. I had my Tuesday planned out early in the summer but had to wait for the park schedule to be released at the beginning of August to finish my plans. You see, I had been to Disney for a girl’s weekend in Feb 2009 to meet with a bunch of Disboutiquers (ladies and one great guy who sew and also are disboarders much like yourself!), and I saw Spectromagic and Wishes and fell in love. I said right then and there that I would make sure my kiddos got to watch both when we went in the fall. So in early August the park schedule was released and I had a few days to organize before my 90-day window. Tour Guide Mike worked really hard to have his schedule ready for us too. As it turns out, Disney scheduled a Spectro parade for Wed Nov 4th and Sat Nov 7th . I went with Wed 4th!

So as all good Dissers do, I set my alarm for 6:30 am and got myself out of bed to begin my calls on my 90-day window on Thurs Aug 6th. All I had to do was get 8 am Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and 4:45 pm 1900 Park Fare ressies for the same day. I needed to have an 8 am BBB reservation because otherwise it would delay our park touring that day. We already had to leave MK early that day in order to rest up for the evening dinner, parade and fireworks.

I practiced a few calls at 6:50 am and waited until 6:59 am to actually call. I got through the “press this and that” etc and spoke to the nice CM’s taking BBB ressies. I gave them my date and time and they respond with…”I am sorry but the computers are being updated/fixed/enhanced and I can’t make any reservations. Please try again later.” ACK!!!! So I try again 3 minutes later. Same deal. I try again 5 minutes later. No deal. I continue calling every half hour for a good portion of the morning. Still down. ACK!!! I did manage to go online and make 4:45 pm ressies at 1900 Park Fare without any trouble.

By evening, the CM said that everything should get reloaded overnight and I should try again Friday morning for the BBB ressies. So, I repeat the whole process. (For more drama, I should add here that I was one week out from having had major surgery….I was still in a lot of pain and this whole getting up early thing was not making it any better). To make a long story short, I tried Friday, Saturday and Sunday to get these 8am BBB ressies to no avail. I also was running a low-grade fever and was just so upset I couldn’t make this happen. A CM did sympathize and gave me an email to write the Disney execs and tell them my situation. I told her that they would never read my silly email and she said to just do it. So I very nicely wrote a letter telling about how the girls looked forward to visiting BBB for two years and we counted down the days to make the appointment and there were none left by the time the computers were up and running. I said how much we love Disney etc…I tried to make it as upbeat as possible. Then I broke the news to the girls that I couldn’t get the BBB appointment and the only ones left were in DTD at 3 or 4 pm. That would have been silly since the girls would just return home and go swimming. So they were truly disappointed and asked several times for me to try again.

Meanwhile, I was rehospitalized for a week and sent home on strict bed rest the following week. Then a miracle happened. My phone rang and I didn’t recognize the number. I almost didn’t answer but then did just to see who it was. Well, it was a Disney exec!!!!! He asked how I was feeling and said he was reading over my letter and was I still interested in Wed Nov 4th 8 am BBB appointments for all three girls???? I about fainted. I tried to express my appreciation and thankfulness and I was tingling all over. I must have said thank you a thousand times. I decided to keep the appointment a surprise since the girls knew nothing about it.

So now I had the ultimate day in Disney planned: An early morning entrance, a surprise BBB appointment, a princess meeting and a short touring day. Then home for a rest and return for a 1900 Park Fare dinner, Spectromagic and Wishes Fireworks. Doesn’t get any better than that!!!!! Actually it did! My friend Marlo was able to get an appointment with us and we tried our best to keep it a surprise from our girls!!!

Ok so that was the background leading up to today's installment for …Wed Nov 4th! I will be back later with the actual recap of the day and how things worked out! Aren't you dying to know??? hehehehe
Old 12-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #90
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Had enough?????
Never!
I love seeing all the pictures.
The shirts are great.
Crystal Palace - yum!
Dancing in the streets - happy memories.
Relaxing in the pool after a long Disney day -

I'll have an extra special little girl in mind from now on whenever I see Piglet.

Keep it coming!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: