Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2009, 04:01 PM   #211
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post

Looks like the folks behind you were trying to get in on your family pic Cass.

I do love this picture though. I think it's one of my favorites along with the one with Belle.

We too liked the Residence Inn. I thought the place was gorgeous and the family loved their breakfast on Saturday morning. We'll definitely stay there again. We also received a letter from the Radisson about the breach in security on our credit card but luckily we weren't one of those who had any purchases done on ours. We cancelled the card shortly after receiving their letter.

I'm bummed that we never got to eat at EOS on this trip. We were headed over there on the Saturday after the cruise but the line was out the door! We opted for Rainforest instead. Immediate seating....can't beat that for noon on Halloween Saturday.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:39 PM   #212
kellyb2000
I admit it...my username is boring!

Yay! You're getting into the cruise part of your trip just when I need it most! (7 days and counting for us!)

Love the pictures. It's funny, though seeing you in tees and shorts while Rob looks like he's ready for a long winter!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2009, 06:03 PM   #213
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

All the pics are sweet, but I especially LOVE the one with Kira and the coach. How magical! She really looks like a princess ready to take a ride!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 40/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 11-26-2009, 01:38 AM   #214
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Waiting for Rob...

Come on Cass... that's the "Mom... this thing was giving me SUCH a wedgie" Look...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 11-26-2009, 10:36 AM   #215
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
Looks like the folks behind you were trying to get in on your family pic Cass.

I do love this picture though. I think it's one of my favorites along with the one with Belle.

We too liked the Residence Inn. I thought the place was gorgeous and the family loved their breakfast on Saturday morning. We'll definitely stay there again. We also received a letter from the Radisson about the breach in security on our credit card but luckily we weren't one of those who had any purchases done on ours. We cancelled the card shortly after receiving their letter.

I'm bummed that we never got to eat at EOS on this trip. We were headed over there on the Saturday after the cruise but the line was out the door! We opted for Rainforest instead. Immediate seating....can't beat that for noon on Halloween Saturday.

I'm glad you liked the Residence Inn as much as we did Nancy and I am sorry you didn't get to eat your jerk chicken sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyb2000 View Post
Yay! You're getting into the cruise part of your trip just when I need it most! (7 days and counting for us!)

Love the pictures. It's funny, though seeing you in tees and shorts while Rob looks like he's ready for a long winter!
Rob's always ready and dressed for winter We are going to need a whole suitcase just for his long underwear when we do the Alaska cruise

Wow, almost cruise time for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
All the pics are sweet, but I especially LOVE the one with Kira and the coach. How magical! She really looks like a princess ready to take a ride!
She even tried to climb up the coach after the picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Come on Cass... that's the "Mom... this thing was giving me SUCH a wedgie" Look...
Well I knew something was up her butt
Old 11-26-2009, 10:57 AM   #216
Timon

DIS Junkie

I am about to begin the cruise portion of our trip but before I do I wanted to post a little warning.

This cruise was NOT the cruise we wanted or planned for. Most of it was not because of DCL but because we all got sick. No matter how many times we washed our hands every day and took precautions to not get sick, Rob woke up sick the morning we boarded the cruise and then he passed it on to Kira and I later during the week.

This was tough on me because when Rob gets sick, he needs sleep and he basically slept for the first 3 days and I was alone with Kira. It didn't help that I was already stressed due to the fact that we just had a rough week in WDW dealing with Kira. I also had some problems with our stateroom host the first few days and basically I was just run down and had a little meltdown myself.

So for those of you who haven't cruised before, don't let any of my less than stellar moments on the ship discourage you from trying a cruise. I still highly recommend cruising, particularly with Disney, and although this was a tough cruise for all of us, we have had fabulous experiences on the Magic in the past.

And to those of you who only like to read positive and happy trip reports and refuse to hear any negatives about Disney please stop reading now.

Ok, you've all been warned
Old 11-26-2009, 11:48 AM   #217
kellyb2000
I admit it...my username is boring!

Quote:

Well I knew something was up her butt

Old 11-26-2009, 11:51 AM   #218
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 10 Part 1

October 24th - Disney Magic

When I woke up Rob was in Kira's bed. Apparently she woke up in the middle of the night and he went to cuddle her. When Rob woke up he said he was sick. He looked and sounded fine to me but he claimed that Kira had a fever in the middle of the night and she got him sick.

I told him that he needed to think positively but he just went on and on about being sick. Rob is paranoid about getting H1N1 and as soon as he woke up he was convinced that he had it. It was set in his head that he had it and nothing was going to convince him otherwise. He focused only on being sick, thinking about where he got sick, how he got sick, who got him sick, that the cruise was ruined now because he was sick, etc., etc.

Basically he turned into someone I didn't know. I know he's going to read this and get a little upset but it's the truth.

I love him madly, always have and always will but I must admit that the next 8 days were really tough dealing with him. In his defense, I was no prize that week either because the stress and his attitude and dealing with Kira all by myself really got to me and I became very grumpy and I was very short with him.

So while I won't mention the strain there was between us that week in this trip report again, it was there all the time and made it hard to enjoy a lot of stuff that we normally enjoy together.

Ok, back to our day.

We woke up around 8 and got showered and ready.

Kira and Rob in the lobby

Breakfast was served just off the lobby and I was actually very impressed! They had a lot of choices and it was really good! The only thing missing was a meat, they really needed some bacon or ham.

The eggs were delicious and the potatoes were pretty good too!

Back to the room so we could get all packed up. Sean and Bernie were going to be meeting us at the front of the hotel at 9:30 so we needed to get going!

We were just dragging our luggage out to the van as we saw S & B and B. They had a new addition to their group since the last time we saw them as Gary, their oldest, had flown in the night before. It had been quite awhile since we had seen Gary. He's 19 now and he has his own life and a girlfriend and I honestly couldn't remember the last time I had seen him! I had to laugh because he had this big bushy beard on him now We've known him since he was just a little kid so seeing him like that just threw me

So we all got organized and headed for the port together. We were a little early so I knew we would have to wait but that was OK, we were all excited about getting on the Mickey Ship as Kira calls it

Only a few minutes later and we were arriving at the port. As we pull into the Disney area, you could tell that they were getting serious about making some changes for when the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy arrive (DCL's new big ships!) because there was construction everywhere!

We pulled in and asked the guy where we needed to go and he said "At the second light, take a LEFT" so I clarified "Second light, LEFT!" and he nodded his head.

So we start driving and get to the second light and there is no left!

You either go right into what looked like a shipping area or you go straight which brings you all the way down and then back again.

Five minutes later, we ended up back at the DCL port talking to that same guy. I told him that we didn't find it. This time he said at the second light, take a RIGHT.

Dude, you told me LEFT!

He said that he doesn't know why he would tell me LEFT when it's a RIGHT.

He told me to take a right into the DCL temporary parking lot.

I said, "OK, this time I will turn RIGHT into the DCL parking lot. Is it clearly marked?"

He said "No".

LOL, ooooooook.

This time we took a RIGHT and we entered a parking lot and hoped that it was the right place.

As soon as we pulled in I saw some other BOBers waiting in their cars so I knew this was the right place!

We got out and visited with our fellow cruisers until we noticed someone leaving and we all jumped into our cars and drove over to the DCL port.

For those of you who are driving and are getting to the port early, the temporary parking lot can be seen in this pic.

To be continued...
Old 11-26-2009, 12:30 PM   #219
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 10 Part 2

October 24th - Disney Magic

We got to the drop-off area, which is now the same as the taxi/shuttle area so it was a little chaotic.

The plan: Drop us off and all our checked luggage while Rob and Sean drive to Avis to return the vehicles and then they hop on the shuttle bus to get back to port.

This was a good plan because I was worried that Rob would get lost on his own without his trusty navigator, moi!

So we are taking our luggage out, the porter was grabbing it for us and Rob was trying to take the car seat out as well and with all the craziness, this took a lot longer than expected. Finally the van was empty except for Rob's laptop bag, I tipped the porter and Rob went to find Sean.

By this time there was a nice group of BOBers there and we all went in the port area together.

This turned out to be a wonderful thing because Lori and Cath and their kids were with us and Kira immediately searched for Julia and hung onto her for dear life. Poor Julia, she had a fan whether she wanted one or not

With only ONE person checking ID's, it took forever! We then entered the building and got in line for the security check.

Kira was great this whole time because she was with Julia and Harrison and was on We made it to the front and Kira went through and she beeped! I took off her button and she went through again and no beeping this time!

Up the escalator and we were all directed into the Castaway Club line which was really quite long by now. I looked over at the Non-US citizen line which was empty

We got to see a whole lot of BOBers and it was really nice to see some familiar faces and some new ones too!

Finally got up to the front and we just all went up together (with Bernie and Bailey and Gary) and they checked us in together.

I just want to say how thankful I am that Lori, Cath and their kids stayed with us the whole time! It made it so much easier on me because Kira got to play with Harrison and Julia and she was a happy camper even though the lines were really long!

We got our Silver Castaway Club lanyards which were horrible! They were so itchy because they have an adjustable strap now. I didn't like them at all! I much preferred the old ones that didn't adjust.

We joined the BOBer group over near the chairs and tv's and we waited for Rob and Sean to return so we could go get our photos taken, which is a new thing they are doing.

We waited and waited and waited, all the while the line for pictures got really long!!

Finally Sean showed up but Rob was nowhere to be found.

Of course I got worried that he got lost somewhere. It was a good 30 minutes later that he finally showed up! I guess he never found Sean or they got separated or something, never did catch the full story.

I sent him to check-in and get his key to the world card and then it was time for us to get in the huge line for cards because they were starting to board already!

Kira had been pretty good this whole time just sitting with some girls and watching tv. In fact she made friends with a girl who even shared her toys with her which I thought was so sweet!! But we had to get in line and she was NOT happy about leaving the toys behind.

She started to flip out a little

I used to be glad that I wasn't the mom of the kid that was rolling on the floor having a cow

To pass the time, I took her to see Mickey.

After looking at it again, I have no idea why I bought this $10 photo when mine turned out just fine.

After about 25 minutes we made it to the front and got our pics taken

By this time, they had just called boarding group 7 which was us so we just got in line with the masses and swiped our cards for the first time.

Another line-up for the welcome aboard pic and then it was time to get on the ship!

To be continued...
Old 11-26-2009, 02:08 PM   #220
GOS
Livin' for Disney holidays with great friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrobe View Post
If I remember correctly, it was across from the Publix just past the Days Inn.
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=2...19205&t=h&z=16
Thanks Rob
Heather crossing the Pond Sept 2014 9 days in WDW May 2014Disney Wonder to Hawaii 2012 travelling with my DIS friends in October 1114 days in FL - February 11Trip to California to see my US Sista - February 2010Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 24th October 2009 "Bash on the Boat" Jewel of the Seas - Cruise to Russia - 17th May 2009 Disney Magic - 15 day Repo Cruise 17th August 2008; Independence of the Seas - 4 day cruise - 2nd May 2008; Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 20th October 2007; Dawn Princess - 10 day cruise - 21st May 2007; Disney Wonder - 11 day cruise - 15th Sept 2006; Disney Wonder - 4 day cruise - October 2005; Carnival Glory - 7 day Cruise - January 2003; Disney Magic - 7 day Halloween Cruise - October 2001; Disney Magic - 7 Day Millenium Cruise - October 2000
Old 11-26-2009, 02:09 PM   #221
GOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnieandmickey View Post
I wasnt impressed when we stayed there in 07. Next time we'll either stay at disney or looks like the residence inn. That looks very nice.
I think we might try the Residence next time.
Heather crossing the Pond Sept 2014 9 days in WDW May 2014Disney Wonder to Hawaii 2012 travelling with my DIS friends in October 1114 days in FL - February 11Trip to California to see my US Sista - February 2010Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 24th October 2009 "Bash on the Boat" Jewel of the Seas - Cruise to Russia - 17th May 2009 Disney Magic - 15 day Repo Cruise 17th August 2008; Independence of the Seas - 4 day cruise - 2nd May 2008; Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 20th October 2007; Dawn Princess - 10 day cruise - 21st May 2007; Disney Wonder - 11 day cruise - 15th Sept 2006; Disney Wonder - 4 day cruise - October 2005; Carnival Glory - 7 day Cruise - January 2003; Disney Magic - 7 day Halloween Cruise - October 2001; Disney Magic - 7 Day Millenium Cruise - October 2000
Old 11-26-2009, 02:13 PM   #222
GOS

Quote:
It was down past the Publix (which is on the right, Target is on the left) and apparently there is a brand new Walmart just around the corner from Target on the US 27

New Walmart:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...ida+34714&z=17

Here is the new Target that we went to:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...8&z=15&iwloc=A
Thanks Cass.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:17 PM   #223
GOS

Quote:
I am about to begin the cruise portion of our trip but before I do I wanted to post a little warning.

This cruise was NOT the cruise we wanted or planned for. Most of it was not because of DCL but because we all got sick. No matter how many times we washed our hands every day and took precautions to not get sick, Rob woke up sick the morning we boarded the cruise and then he passed it on to Kira and I later during the week.

This was tough on me because when Rob gets sick, he needs sleep and he basically slept for the first 3 days and I was alone with Kira. It didn't help that I was already stressed due to the fact that we just had a rough week in WDW dealing with Kira. I also had some problems with our stateroom host the first few days and basically I was just run down and had a little meltdown myself.

So for those of you who haven't cruised before, don't let any of my less than stellar moments on the ship discourage you from trying a cruise. I still highly recommend cruising, particularly with Disney, and although this was a tough cruise for all of us, we have had fabulous experiences on the Magic in the past.

And to those of you who only like to read positive and happy trip reports and refuse to hear any negatives about Disney please stop reading now.

Ok, you've all been warned
We understand Cass.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:22 PM   #224
GOS

Quote:

To be continued...
Love this photo.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:28 PM   #225
southbound
Mouseketeer

Hiya Junior... just got caught up with your report. Sorry I didn't get to it sooner! Where to begin? Sheesh... you have a lot of great pics, and some that really touched me and though I know a lot of the story already, it's great to have pictures to go along with it. Stories really ARE better with pictures. Thanks for sharing your trip with us, though I'm not looking forward to the cruise part, cause I know how stressed you were.. and well, I love you, goddammit! Can I say that on the disboards??? I guess I'll find out when it's denied posting, or I'm banned.

Here are some of the highlights for me from your pics....

I really got a kick out of the one with Kira pulling the stroller over her face. That was so our Tira! And her sticking out her tongue. I bet Rob loved that one.

And of course, you looking like the third, no, make that fourth wheel! I almost peed my pants laughing at that one. BTW... how many eee`s in peeed??? Can I say pee? So, yeah... great pic of Rob and his wife Belle, and daughter Kira. But who's the chick on the left? Can I say chick??? LOL Bet I made you laugh! Just returning the favour, scizzor mine!

I can hear Kira telling Aurora that she's wearing her Princess Aurora dress! Kids are great, aren't they? And the one with the eyes at Cindyrella, that's priceless, Cass.

And of course, I must comment on the Rob dressing for winter while you're in shorts and a T! LOL Too funny, but that's Rob to a .... well, T!

However, for some reason the pics with Kira and Belle made me get all weepy... guess it's cause she's just so darn cute, and even with her Miss Tira attitude, I still love the little dootball!

But the pic of you and her on the people mover just made me cry like a baby! Like your friend said, "Just a picture of a mom with her daughter" Eh???? As if. Nice one, Jun! If she can, you know she's smiling down on ya... and that one would have touched her so very much.

Now, no more making me cry!

To be continued......

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: