Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2009, 08:33 PM   #31
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireland_nicole View Post
Looks like a couple of great days! I loved the airboat tour we took 2 trips ago, and it looks like the girls and your DH had a wonderful time, too! I was worried that there might not be anything for my little to do at US, but it looks like your crew had fun! I guess I need to research it a bit more. Love the house! If WDW doesn't do any kind of deal for our upcoming trip, we're thinking about moving to WH; in fact, I think one of the townhomes we were looking at was a storytime rental- good to see your review of them; and really looking forward to reading more!
I am sorry I missed the airboat ride...maybe I will get to do it another trip? I am not a fan of US but there are things for kids to do...there is a whole area for kids on the right side of the park...plus Islands of Adventure looks cool...I've never been but I love Dr. Seuss!
As I said, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend StoryTime! Our share of the house for the week was only $400-$500...for the week (not the night)!!!!! Way cheaper than Disney!!! It was comfortable and still very close to everything!!! We were only about 5 minutes away! I see no difference of driving from All Stars or Animal Kingdom or Windsor Hills to Magic Kingdom. And I really enjoyed NOT waiting for buses...we have done that the last three trips. It was a nice change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie2 View Post
That house was fabulous!!!!!

So funny about Old town my cousin mentioned going there but we never made it.

I didn't realize you guys did universal too!!1 Fun!!!!
What's there? I dont even know...apparently stores and a monster truck...lol. I can't say enough nice stuff about the house....its my version of DVC!!! I will never get DVC so this is the next best thing! Speaking of which...I hope you took lots of pics of AKL!!! I can't wait to see your pics!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof1 View Post
Wow, that house is awesome, it is decorated so cute. Love the princess room. We always go to Universal Studios each trip, my DD is 6 and she loves it. Love the update !!
Thanks! There are houses that are not decorated but I really feel in love with this one...my house has white walls so I was looking for something more interesting! I did go to US last trip...but I am such a Disneyophile..I couldnt wait to get back to Disney. Glad your DD loves it...what's her favorite ride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
That would have killed me to have my hubby and kids go a few days before me! I'm such a control freak...

That house was gorgeous! Sounds like they had a fun time at US!
Oh trust me...I was NOT a happy camper. But I was stuck. I didn't want to lose my job over it and they were gracious enough to give me those two days. Plus I think its good for DH to have some time and planning for part of the trip...goodness knows once I got there.....I was in charge!!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 07:26 AM   #32
PrincessLeighsDaddy
DIS Veteran

Wow! That house looks great!
Coupons, huh?

I see you even made customs for Universal! Cute!

Love your jokes and trivia questions!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #33
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLeighsDaddy View Post
Wow! That house looks great!
Coupons, huh?

I see you even made customs for Universal! Cute!

Love your jokes and trivia questions!
Thanks Tom!!! I just used tees from Walmart and a skirt I had already made...kinda cheated. Of course, Sponge Bob was no where in site. I actually think he resides over at Island of Adventure. Oh well....they had fun anyways.

Glad you are enjoying the corny jokes!

I will update this weekend!!!! Its been another crazy week. My kids are taking turns being sick ...one at a time...very politely....poor things!
Old 11-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #34
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

I'm so impressed that you managed to do updates for a whole weekend that you weren't there for!!!
Old 11-19-2009, 07:53 PM   #35
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
I'm so impressed that you managed to do updates for a whole weekend that you weren't there for!!!
LOL so true...the whole time I wrote it I kept asking DH and Sarah...ok so what did you do next?? And dh only took like 15 pics before I arrived...grrrrrr.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:30 PM   #36
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Hi Cathy!

I'm enjoying reading your report so far. That house is gorgeous! Great deal!

I'm impressed that you wrote those updates without even being there!

Can't wait to read more!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 11-20-2009, 07:19 PM   #37
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post

I detect a little bit of sass in that pose.

I also see some very nice tomatoes in the background.
What else do you grow?

The house is nice. One day, when we are going with multiple spouses and many grandkids (hopefully), we will have to check out the houses.

I hope everyone at your house feels better very soon.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:55 PM   #38
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Hi Cathy!

I'm enjoying reading your report so far. That house is gorgeous! Great deal!

I'm impressed that you wrote those updates without even being there!

Can't wait to read more!
Thanks for coming along! I really enjoyed the house! I love staying on property too but for this trip it was great to have the space and ammenities!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I detect a little bit of sass in that pose.

I also see some very nice tomatoes in the background.
What else do you grow?

The house is nice. One day, when we are going with multiple spouses and many grandkids (hopefully), we will have to check out the houses.

I hope everyone at your house feels better very soon.
LOL yes...she is a bit a sass and spunk and some worry and whine too! LOL! Yes, Edmund grew the tomatoes and also cucumbers and peppers and I think a few other veggy's. The girls love to help in the garden and eat stuff right off the vine!
I love your vacation in the future! You will love having the house too!
Old 11-22-2009, 02:13 PM   #39
twob4him
DIS Veteran

So where is mommy???

JOKE:
My kids love going to the Web, and they keep track of their passwords by writing them on Post-it notes. I noticed their Disney password was "MickeyMinnieGoofyPluto," and so I asked why it was so long. "Because," my son explained, "they say it has to have at least four characters."

And here's another one:
Patient: "Doctor, you've got to help me, some mornings I wake up and think I'm Donald Duck, other mornings I think I'm Mickey Mouse."
Doctor: "Hmmmmmmm, and how long have you been having these disney spells?"

So meanwhile back in NJ, mommy was still working and preparing for her trip. My best friend, Leanne, came to pick up her daughter from school on Friday. They were flying out just after Edmund and the girls on a different airline. They came to get me from my classroom to say goodbye!!! We would see them Tuesday at Magic Kingdom. Here we all are at my school:

So I worked on school stuff after school on Friday until 5 pm then left to get a quick slice of pizza and then returned to school. That night was Haunted High School and I helped pass out candy as the trick or treaters marched through the school….about 2 million people showed up and it was our first year doing it! Then the rest of the weekend was pretty quiet. I cleaned the house and did laundry and uploaded some new stuff on my ipod…read some trip reports and general stuff like that. I think I also squeezed in some sewing for a friend's daughter. I talked to Edmund and the girls a couple of times too.

Finally, Monday after school, it was my turn. I headed up to the airport and parked the car. The airport was pretty quiet and I checked my bag, made my way through TSA and headed to the terminal. It was weird going to Disney by myself. The whole experience was a bit surreal since this trip had been in the works for so long and now it was finally happening! I had picked a seat behind the wing at the window cause I LOVE to fly and see everything. Wouldn’t you know it that a huge cloud…and I mean one massive front…covered the entire east coast and all I saw was cloud the whole way. The girl I sat next to just booked the flight about an hour before we left and was going to surprise her boyfriend in FL. Awwww so cute. The flight went smoothly.

And suddenly we were landing at MCO! It was a quick flight! Maybe cause I wasn’t caring for any little ones. Once we landed and were allowed to, I turned my phone on and started calling my dh to tell him I arrived. I had no service. I continued calling the whole time we were walking to baggage. Same deal. I kept getting Verison saying to check the number and dial again. Thank goodness my dh called me. He was just outside the door! Yaaa! I grabbed my bag when it came out and we were off! My vacation had officially begun!!!

Sarah came along and was a very good navigator back to the house! When we walked in the front door, the party was in full swing. It was such a happy reunion!!! We had friends who had come over with their daughter and of course Edmund’s brother and sisters were there and the five of us. We ordered from two different places and sat around and talked and laughed and ate and told a bunch of stories. Fun times!!! I also got a tour of the house and did a little unpacking and organizing for our big park day the next day. Apparently everyone was going to Magic Kingdom and we were meeting up with my friend Leanne and her girls too!

So here are a bunch of pics from that night...

My sister-in-law, Dona, and I...

The little girls and their friend Madison put on a show...something about Cars...and we enjoyed the entertainment...

(Sorry the pics are dark...my camera takes terrible pics in low light!)

I forgot to mention that Monday, Edmund took the girls to the community pool at Windsor Hills. They swam for a few hours and then came back to the house. I think Edmund’s sister and his brother and wife went to Aquatica that day. And everyone else just hung out and relaxed. Aren’t vacations fun?

So there you have it! Next update is our Magic Kingdom Day with Everyone!!! Would we stick to Cathy’s laminated, color-coded, much-researched and reworked touring plan? Would we make it to rope drop?

Stay tuned!

Last edited by twob4him; 11-22-2009 at 02:29 PM. Reason: I almost forgot the jokes!!!
Old 11-22-2009, 03:20 PM   #40
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Loving your report Cathy, sounds like you all had a very hapy reunion
Old 11-22-2009, 07:53 PM   #41
minnie2
DIS Veteran

Looks like the girls put on a cute show

I want more!!!!!

Old 11-22-2009, 08:26 PM   #42
revrob
A Custom Fairy

Where's the popcorn smiley?

Great update! Can't wait to hear about MK day!

Love the jokes too!
Old 11-22-2009, 09:31 PM   #43
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Loving your report Cathy, sounds like you all had a very hapy reunion
Hi Jo!!! I just was reading your reunion report too!!! Thanks for reading along!!! Can you believe how big the girls are??? So when are you coming back to the States for a little Disney?

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie2 View Post
Looks like the girls put on a cute show

I want more!!!!!
OK I wrote the chapter and now I am going to bed!!! lol! Tomorrow I will begin our MK day..it may take several installments! See note below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrob View Post
Where's the popcorn smiley?

Great update! Can't wait to hear about MK day!

Love the jokes too!
Hehehehe sorry its going so slow! I am stalling till my photopass pics arrive....darn...I may not be able to hold off much longer. Perhaps I will add them in after?
Old 11-23-2009, 07:22 AM   #44
PrincessLeighsDaddy
DIS Veteran

So glad that you finally made it!

Loved this installment, can't wait to read and see all about MK Day!
Old 11-23-2009, 04:44 PM   #45
ireland_nicole
No brainer- the fairy wins it
Personally, I'm an on site girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post

Hehehehe sorry its going so slow! I am stalling till my photopass pics arrive....darn...I may not be able to hold off much longer. Perhaps I will add them in after?
What? You're stalling? Get on girl and tell us about your MK day!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: