Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2009, 04:00 AM   #1
skip323
Mouseketeer

American girl - BF or Cyber Monday sales?

O.k....the sales on the AG site have been pretty lousy, IMHO, this last month or so. I have always purchased a lot of things up to the very last minute because of the items they would put on sale. What is the deal this year??? Can anyone recall whether they do something nice on Black Friday or Cyber Monday? It is really discouraging this year!! I know there is "free" shipping if you order $100 or more but goodness!!! My friend and I plan to combine an order for that but I really was hoping to find some new and neat things to pick up for the holiday!
skip323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:33 AM   #2
Kimberle
WL Vet

I'm going to tell you, I was in the NYC AG store a week ago. The store was packed (as usual) and kids were walking out with bags of stuff. There is no sign of a "ressesion" in that store.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2009, 05:43 AM   #3
slduck
DIS Veteran

They had some cyber monday deals last year. I think that I picked up some outfits and accessories. It was some of the older stuff.

slduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #4
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip323 View Post
O.k....the sales on the AG site have been pretty lousy, IMHO, this last month or so. I have always purchased a lot of things up to the very last minute because of the items they would put on sale. What is the deal this year??? Can anyone recall whether they do something nice on Black Friday or Cyber Monday? It is really discouraging this year!! I know there is "free" shipping if you order $100 or more but goodness!!! My friend and I plan to combine an order for that but I really was hoping to find some new and neat things to pick up for the holiday!
I SO agree with this! I've bought AG for quite a few years now and always remember their November and beginning of December promotions being so much better! I will be using the free shipping promo only because my youngest DD is getting her first historical doll. Yes, the stores are busy but they've been that way in the past too. The quality is not as good anymore lately either and the prices just crazy. We will be trying to get away from buying as much. I will be shopping off ebay once DD gets her doll.

Avenger's 1/2 Marathon!
minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:13 PM   #5
DebMcDonald
DIS Veteran

Last year on cyber Monday I did good and some of the items were GREAT prices, but like a PP has said, it was some older merchandise, but for us it was stuff we did not have. Last year the website was very very slow because so many people were on it.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:15 PM   #6
Dancemom03
Flexican wannabe

Just wanted to mention that there are fewer older AG items available on the webbsite & in stores because many were trashed/discontinued as a result of the newly enacted lead laws. I'm hoping for cyber Monday deals too, but am keeping in mind that those great deals we saw last year - and most of those after Christmas too - were older products that had to be moved quickly before they couldn't be sold any longer under the new guidelines. Big companies are inconvienenced but can survive the added cost of testing every component of each product.

Between the recession and the lead laws, many companies that catered to children have been badly hurt. Big companies, like AG/Mattel, are inconvienenced but can survive the added cost of testing every component of each product. For many small to mid-size companies though, the lead laws were a death knell.
"A Life of Faith" Dolls is one of those mid-size companies producing quality items that couldn't survive the lead laws. Sadly, they stopped selling their beautiful AG size dolls and accessories last month. Another casualty of misguided legislators trying to "protect" us...
Dancemom03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: