Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 09:23 PM   #3796
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Oh no!!!!!!!!!! I can't even type right now.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:29 PM   #3797
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

I'm so sad by this news, so so sad. Along with a few others, I remember meeting Dawn last year in the park when I was there with my family. I just remembered the name Dawn and when I went to the first page here to look at her picture the other day I knew that was the one I had met. Although I didn't know her as well as the rest of you....I did have a lot of PM with her recently about the scavenger hunt since I have still been up in the air about going on the Ladies trip in February. She was just so sweet and kind and understanding. Having that contact with someone just made me even more excited and determined to want to come on the trip. My heart just breaks for everyone right now.
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2009, 09:33 PM   #3798
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Do you know how when an officer passes away, the others wear a black band over their badge? What if we did something like that? Not black, but something in her favorite color? We could wear an arm band or any strip of material tied around our arms in her memory. That's something we could wear each and every day of the trip.

OR another idea, would be for us to all buy those sparkly Minnie ears she loved to wear and take a pic with us all wearing them.

Just some ideas to think about.
I love both these ideas. The arm band is especially cool I think.....in some wild print that Dawn would love.....or pink.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:48 PM   #3799
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Dawn's Chihuahua Little Dog is going to miss her.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:50 PM   #3800
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

**Hugs** for everyone. Continued prayers for the family as they deal with their great loss. I never met Dawn, but she impacted my heart from just the normal chit chat on this thread. You've all said such wonderful things about her that I felt I knew her. Thank you for sharing with those of us that never had the opportunity to have a face to face visit with her.
Rest in Peace
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

Old 11-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #3801
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

I'm so upset & at a loss for words . I guess I was really naive, but I thought she'd pull through this illness and be fine.

Dawn really touched my life & I'll miss her love and encouragement she gave me through some really tough times in my life.

She will be greatly missed & pray her family can get through this tough time .
Old 11-22-2009, 10:10 PM   #3802
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

I came online to find some good news, and am shocked to see what happened. For once, I am without words.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Old 11-22-2009, 10:19 PM   #3803
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Kelly, that's a good idea, but not everyone knew Dawn, and some were just getting to know what a special person she was. So sharing a memory might be hard for a few.

Do you know how when an officer passes away, the others wear a black band over their badge? What if we did something like that? Not black, but something in her favorite color? We could wear an arm band or any strip of material tied around our arms in her memory. That's something we could wear each and every day of the trip.

OR another idea, would be for us to all buy those sparkly Minnie ears she loved to wear and take a pic with us all wearing them.

Just some ideas to think about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
I love both these ideas. The arm band is especially cool I think.....in some wild print that Dawn would love.....or pink.
I agree. I would like either of these ideas.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:25 PM   #3804
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
I think we should wear an armband, and wear BRIGHT RED lipstick at the PFF and bring her with us in all of our hearts.
I'm wearing an arm band for sure. If anyone else wants to, that would be great, but regardless I've already decided I'm doing it. It's my way of keeping her memory there with us every day of the trip. And I can wear it with every tee, or over long sleeves if it's cold.

I love the idea of red lipstick too. Diva Red. In her honor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
Was pink her favorite color? I do know she would like a wild print. That would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
I'm so upset & at a loss for words . I guess I was really naive, but I thought she'd pull through this illness and be fine.
Well, add me to the naive list. I know some people are saying they were hoping it wouldn't come to this, but they sort of had a feeling it would. But I truly never imagined this. Ever. I've known several people who have been in the hospital, very ill, in comas even, and they've pulled through. I just thought she would to. I never for a minute let my mind go "there", kwim?

I think that's why it's just so hard to grasp what has happened. It's just so surreal. I can't imagine Dawn not being there.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:33 PM   #3805
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Ever since I first heard about her going in the hospital and Cheryl told us how sick she was I was afraid of this. I didn't want to even think it or esp not say it out loud but somewhere deep down I was afraid of this possibility. I have a friend on my military website and her son had a brain bleed at 13 and he was sick for about 3 months and EVERY day we came on the boards looking for a positive update but just like this deep down I was dreading a post like this and sure enough one day we got the dreaded post. He has been gone now 4 years and he would have been the same age as Lynn. I can't even FATHOM what she must be going through having lost a child and the same is the situation with this. I know Dawn's husband and kids must be besides themselves (and Miss Sally too). She was such a wonderful special person that made everything so fun and magical for everyone. She was just one of those people that lit up a room and made you want to be around her. She was almost like mary poppins. You lose someone like that and there is a HUGE hole in your life!

I commented to Amy (Grumpvet) that I too am selfish in that I can't even begin to imagine our trip without her. She made everything so fun. From her wonderful little candy decorations to the amazing scavenger hunt badges and prizes to just her fun laughter and positive attitude. She was just a bright light that will be TERRIBLY TERRIBLY missed!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 11-22-2009, 10:34 PM   #3806
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
I'm wearing an arm band for sure. If anyone else wants to, that would be great, but regardless I've already decided I'm doing it. It's my way of keeping her memory there with us every day of the trip. And I can wear it with every tee, or over long sleeves if it's cold.

I love the idea of red lipstick too. Diva Red. In her honor.

Was pink her favorite color? I do know she would like a wild print. That would be nice.

Well, add me to the naive list. I know some people are saying they were hoping it wouldn't come to this, but they sort of had a feeling it would. But I truly never imagined this. Ever. I've known several people who have been in the hospital, very ill, in comas even, and they've pulled through. I just thought she would to. I never for a minute let my mind go "there", kwim?

I think that's why it's just so hard to grasp what has happened. It's just so surreal. I can't imagine Dawn not being there.
I really wish we could just all get together right this very second for one giant Diva hug. So many are hurting in so many different ways. It does though bring a smile to my face that everyone was affected in so many different ways by who was obviously a very loved individual. I hope Dawn knew that.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:38 PM   #3807
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
I really wish we could just all get together right this very second for one giant Diva hug. So many are hurting in so many different ways. It does though bring a smile to my face that everyone was affected in so many different ways by who was obviously a very loved individual. I hope Dawn knew that.
I really hope my post makes sense. The smile I speak of is that everyone seems to be so touched and "honored" to have someone like Dawn in their lives. Reading the memories and such, it just has to make you grateful to have known her. The circumstances of her passing are indeed sad, but what a wonderful friend to have while she was here. (((( hugs ))))
Old 11-22-2009, 10:47 PM   #3808
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4fosterkids View Post
I'm so glad we have the disboards and facebook, and can in some weird virtual way, laugh, cry and help each other thru this! I can just hear Dawn now, being upset that we are all so upset and making a fuss over her All I can say is she deserves a big fuss!
If its not rude to ask....how old was Dawn? and what was the timeline for this awful illness?
she was 45 last September. I am honored that some of us got to celebrate her birthday with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Dawn's Chihuahua Little Dog is going to miss her.
Yes, I thought of Little Dog today too--

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
I really hope my post makes sense. The smile I speak of is that everyone seems to be so touched and "honored" to have someone like Dawn in their lives. Reading the memories and such, it just has to make you grateful to have known her. The circumstances of her passing are indeed sad, but what a wonderful friend to have while she was here. (((( hugs ))))
Yes, I totally understood your post.

And now, if you all will indulge me, I want to share with you the lyrics from a song that sums up pretty much how I felt about Dawn. It's from the play "Wicked" and it is actually sung as a duet. It's about two friends who must part (Glinda the Good Witch, and Elphaba the 'bad witch" and the effect they have had on each other's lives. It's called "For Good":

Just look at me - I'm limited
And just look at you
You can do all I couldn't do, Glinda
So now it's up to you
For both of us - now it's up to you...

(Glinda):
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

(Elphaba):
It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...

Like a ship blown from it's mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you

(Glinda):
Because I knew you

(Both):
I have been changed for good

(Elphaba):
And just to clear the air
I ask forgiveness
For the things I've done you blame me for

(Glinda):
But then, I guess we know
There's blame to share

(Both):
And none of it seems to matter anymore

(Glinda):
Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood

(Elphaba):
Like a ship blown from it's mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a bird in the wood

(Both):
Who can say if I've been
Changed for the better?
I do believe I have been
Changed for the better

(Glinda):
And because I knew you...

(Elphaba):
Because I knew you...

(Both):
Because I knew you...
I have been changed for good...

Old 11-22-2009, 10:53 PM   #3809
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
And now, if you all will indulge me, I want to share with you the lyrics from a song that sums up pretty much how I felt about Dawn.

(Both):
Because I knew you...
I have been changed for good...
Oh Cheryl......
Old 11-22-2009, 10:56 PM   #3810
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Oh Dear. That is just so very sad. Dawn and I often talked about how we were the same age, and she laughed because she know how tired I was with having a little guy. Well my little guy had his birthday today, and now I will always remember the day that my friend Dawn went to the angels. She was truly a family gal, and she loved her husband, parents, kids and grandbabies so much. I can't imagine how lost they must feel.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: