Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2009, 03:56 PM   #16
Zela
Everyone thinks it's strange that I watch Food Network while I run on the treadmill
There will be food involved

I know this is a really old thread, but I have just recently begun searching for them. I used to have them often as a child. I havn't seen them in years. I recently found out that the only distributor in the US is Nickles Bakery in Ohio. I called and asked them if they could ship to me in Mobile, AL and she said it was against their policy. She said that I would need to find someone who lived in there distribution area and get them to buy them and ship them to me. Is there anyone out there living in Indiana, Michigan, West Virginia, Ohio, or Pennsylvania that might be willing to buy me a few and ship them to me? I would reimburse you for any cost.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #17
hrh_disney_queen
My DH has the hots for Stacey
Momma wuvs her little kitty-kitty, oh yes she does, oh, yes she does
I knew what he was before I touched him, just never thought they could MOVE that fast

Here is a recipe in case you can't wait:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/banana-flips/detail.aspx

I remember Mickey's Banana Flips!

(There lots of recipes with a google search, I haven't tried any but I think I might after Thanksgiving!)

"There's such a thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown." Michael Scott..................Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
hrh_disney_queen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2009, 04:09 PM   #18
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

I live in Michigan and I haven't seen them here since I was a kid, but I did love them!!

I think it's Little Debbie that makes Banana Twins, and I think they might taste about the same as the Banana Flip. They have those at our grocery store and I've seen them in Wal-Mart as well. Have you had those?
Old 11-20-2009, 05:48 PM   #19
LeslieG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zela View Post
I know this is a really old thread, but I have just recently begun searching for them. I used to have them often as a child. I havn't seen them in years. I recently found out that the only distributor in the US is Nickles Bakery in Ohio. I called and asked them if they could ship to me in Mobile, AL and she said it was against their policy. She said that I would need to find someone who lived in there distribution area and get them to buy them and ship them to me. Is there anyone out there living in Indiana, Michigan, West Virginia, Ohio, or Pennsylvania that might be willing to buy me a few and ship them to me? I would reimburse you for any cost.
I live five minutes from Nickles Bakery. If I get a chance, I'll check out their outlet store. I actually haven't seen them in quite a while. They may not have them all the time. I'll let you know. How many would you want?
LeslieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:55 PM   #20
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Hostess must have made a version of them because I remember going to the Wonderbread bakery (which also made hostess) and getting them there with my grandmother.

I'm a snowball gal myself!
Old 11-21-2009, 01:54 PM   #21
Zela
Everyone thinks it's strange that I watch Food Network while I run on the treadmill
There will be food involved

I would like to get just two to see if they taste the same as the old ones. If they do, I may want to get a few more for a Christmas present for my dad. If you get them I will pm you my address and send you a check for the cost incurred.

I have tried banana twins....they are good, but not as good as a banana flip
Old 06-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #22
lakeandsnow
Earning My Ears

Michigan

About 4 years ago, I ran across the Banana Flips at a 7-11 in Flint. I will stop by and see if they have them any longer. I know it was the only place I found them in that area. And yes they were every bit as good as they were in the 70's. I would be happy to ship some to you all if I find them. Keep checking this site.
lakeandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:36 AM   #23
LeslieG
DIS Veteran

I just ate one last night.
LeslieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:43 AM   #24
fireflymedic
DIS Veteran

is that what they call thim. I was trying to explain to someone the other day about those. Man they were good. I use to get on after school every day in the 70's. but now I dont eat to many treats like that.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #25
donnapruitt
Earning My Ears

Banana Flip

Hello all glad to convo. I also am on the HUNT for Yummy Banana Flips! Live Near Indiana and what to know where to find them in my area!! pLEASE HELP??
donnapruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #26
mtblujeans
DIS Veteran

I can't believe they still make these!!
mtblujeans is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: