Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2009, 06:11 PM   #166
kellyb2000
I admit it...my username is boring!

hey - I don't know if I've missed this in any previous posts, but how in the world did you make her autograph book? I love it! and completely understand you being mad about Mickey not signing in the right spot!

Old 11-20-2009, 06:31 PM   #167
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 8 Part 4

October 22nd - Storybook Princess Breakfast at Epcot & MNSSHP

After the parade we wandered over to Mickey's Toontown in hopes of getting some more autographs for Kira, she still had a few pages that were empty.

I forgot to mention that when we were waiting for the parade, we got to see some of our BOB friends. They found us sitting there and came to say Hi.

Well on our way to toontown, we ran into them again and this time we got to give them hugs.

It was crowded EVERYWHERE!! I've been to many MNSSHP's and they've never been this crazy!

So we got there finally and the line-ups for everything were crazy!!!

We decided to just grab some chicken strips and get a spot for fireworks.

Kira did pretty good after she pulled down the top of her stroller

I must say that I was a little disappointed in Hallowishes this time around. They didn't do the perimeter fireworks, there was no Witch flying down from the castle and the show just seemed MUCH shorter than previous years. Oh well, it was still good!

We walked over to Adventureland to see some more characters for Kira.

We saw King Louie and Baloo

and then we went to see Tarzan and Terk.

The Tarzan guy was awesome! He was soooo in character. He made Kira jump once and everyone in line laughed.

Then we went to see Captain Hook and Mr Smee

I think we also rode Pirates at this point and then made our way back to Toontown.

We let Kira play in Pooh's Thotful Spot for a little bit. She really liked that place, lots of room to run

We got in line to see Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs and Kira made another new friend. We barely made it though, we were the second-last family to get pictures done with them that night.

To be continued.....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2009, 06:54 PM   #168
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
We were not thrilled with out Chef Mickey last time we went either. I have 3 trips scheduled and they are not on my list for any trips. My kids are older so they just waved as they passed by. Hello...we are here at Disney...Mickeys home... so obviously we LIKE him too.

And we have never tried Crystal Palace but will on our Feb trip!! It will be remodeled....not that we will notice
Yeah, I doubt we will be back to CM, at least not for a very long time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
Love your updates!
I laughed at all your comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyb2000 View Post
the "third wheel" picture made me laugh out loud!! My husband and I have a picture from our honeymoon with Cinderella and I look like a third wheel in that one too! She got her arms all wrapped around Jason's just like in your picture with Belle. Pretty funny.

And how freakin' sweet for Kira to kiss Aurora's finger?! LOVE IT! what a great pic!
I know, I think it just melted Aurora's heart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymc View Post
Awesome report - so happy to see you posting a new report as I always get a kick out of your reports. Your daughter is adorable and those last shots with the princesses are amazing - the kiss on the finger is just too cute!

I hope you are feeling better and that the memories of this trip can help cheer you up some

take care
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOS View Post
What a wonderful time you all had and I love all the photos, including the family one.
Glad to know you're still here Heather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyb2000 View Post
hey - I don't know if I've missed this in any previous posts, but how in the world did you make her autograph book? I love it! and completely understand you being mad about Mickey not signing in the right spot!
If you go to my Pre-Trippie, I put all the info there

Here's the direct link to the PTR

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2250902
Old 11-20-2009, 06:56 PM   #169
Timon

DIS Junkie

I will have to post the final part of day 8 later tonight when Kira's in bed.

Thanks for reading everyone!
Old 11-20-2009, 07:22 PM   #170
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Wow! You sure were on a roll today. I hope that means that you feel better. You sure had an awesome character day and Kira had some of the best interactions that I have seen!
Old 11-20-2009, 09:29 PM   #171
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

hey!! welcome back Cass!!

loving the updates. and a cameo by ppgoose and the tuna!!
Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Old 11-20-2009, 10:28 PM   #172
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Time for some rides! We went on Buzz Lightyear and Kira had fun! After I showed her how to spin us, we never stopped. She spun us the whole way! She wasn't too interested in shooting but she was happy about us spinning! Good thing I don't get sick on rides

Buzz Lightyear Video

Ok.. I got dizzy watching... I'm wondering what Kira's gonna be like when she starts driving... "But Mommy said I could go round and round..."

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 11-21-2009, 07:22 AM   #173
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Awwww Cass, you're too kind. Thanks for the compliments but it really was all our pleasure.

Buzz was one our favorites too! We managed to cross off each and every "must see" ride you listed for us, well except for one which was closed already, and even went back for seconds! The second time around on Buzz I rode with Chuck and every time he went for points I would spin the cart too!!

Told ya I am such an 8 year old.

BTW....Sorry, but I just loved the meltdown pic in the car. Takes me back a long long time ago when my little sweetheart had those for no apparent reason too.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #174
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 8 Part 5

While I waited in line for Snow White, Rob took Kira to see some more Alice in Wonderland characters. She wasn't too sure about Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum

We checked Winnie the Pooh ride and it was only a 5 minute wait so we decided to do that one. Just as we were getting in line, I saw Lori & Scott & family and Sean & Cath & family getting in line with us. It was great to see them as we had missed them by only a few minutes on Main Street.

We said goodbye to our fellow cruisers and left to explore Fantasyland.

Kira danced with Donald and Daisy at the Dance Party and she loved that!

Video takes several mins to load!

My Dancing Girl

Then it was time for the Carousel

We also did Mickey's Philharmagic and Dumbo. We kept running into Lori and Scott and Sean & Cath the whole time in Fantasyland. It was pretty funny actually because we would say Hi and chat for a bit and then say Good-Bye, see ya on the ship, etc. and then we would see them again 5 minutes later

We must have done that 4 or 5 times!

We were just about to go on IASW for our last ride of the night when we spotted Cinderella's Coach and since we had a little Cinderella, we knew we had to get this pic!

It was now 11:55pm so we headed for IASW and guess who we ran into??

Like Scott said, this wouldn't be last boat ride we would share!

By this time, Kira had latched on to Julia, L & S's middle child and she was also very keen on Harrison, their little one who is just a little bit older than Kira.

Kira was thrilled to have made friends! They held hands and walked all the way back to the front of the park together.

I bet she was thinking "It's about time you people made friends with someone so I can hang around their kids!"

It was the cutest thing!!!

At one point I think Lori was calling to her kids to slow down a bit (for Kira's sake I assumed) and I just laughed because it was Kira who was going superfast

You can see Kira pulling everyone in this pic...

It was a really great way to spend the last hour and a bit of our day. Kira and Harrison had gotten their second wind (maybe 4th or 5th even!) and they were both very happy, no meltdowns, no crankiness.

We ended up walking with them all the way to the tram stop. We just walked while they rode the tram and it turned out that we made it to the van before them and they were only parked 3 rows away.

We were all exhausted and it was definitely time for sleeep!!

It really was a great day
Old 11-21-2009, 01:20 PM   #175
Scouter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Day 8 Part 4

After the parade we wandered over to Mickey's Toontown in hopes of getting some more autographs for Kira, she still had a few pages that were empty.

I forgot to mention that when we were waiting for the parade, we got to see some of our BOB friends. They found us sitting there and came to say Hi.

Well on our way to toontown, we ran into them again and this time we got to give them hugs.

It was crowded EVERYWHERE!! I've been to many MNSSHP's and they've never been this crazy!

So we got there finally and the line-ups for everything were crazy!!!

We decided to just grab some chicken strips and get a spot for fireworks.

Kira did pretty good after she pulled down the top of her stroller

I must say that I was a little disappointed in Hallowishes this time around. They didn't do the perimeter fireworks, there was no Witch flying down from the castle and the show just seemed MUCH shorter than previous years. Oh well, it was still good!

We walked over to Adventureland to see some more characters for Kira.

We saw King Louie and Baloo

and then we went to see Tarzan and Terk.

The Tarzan guy was awesome! He was soooo in character. He made Kira jump once and everyone in line laughed.

Then we went to see Captain Hook and Mr Smee

I think we also rode Pirates at this point and then made our way back to Toontown.

We let Kira play in Pooh's Thotful Spot for a little bit. She really liked that place, lots of room to run

We got in line to see Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs and Kira made another new friend. We barely made it though, we were the second-last family to get pictures done with them that night.

To be continued.....
I love seeing Disney through children's reactions

Love the group photo of you all with the dwarfs!

And of course the pics of Nancy and Chuck with Kira

Old 11-21-2009, 01:33 PM   #176
GOS
Livin' for Disney holidays with great friends

Quote:

Cute photos Cass.
Heather crossing the Pond Sept 2014 9 days in WDW May 2014Disney Wonder to Hawaii 2012 travelling with my DIS friends in October 1114 days in FL - February 11Trip to California to see my US Sista - February 2010Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 24th October 2009 "Bash on the Boat" Jewel of the Seas - Cruise to Russia - 17th May 2009 Disney Magic - 15 day Repo Cruise 17th August 2008; Independence of the Seas - 4 day cruise - 2nd May 2008; Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 20th October 2007; Dawn Princess - 10 day cruise - 21st May 2007; Disney Wonder - 11 day cruise - 15th Sept 2006; Disney Wonder - 4 day cruise - October 2005; Carnival Glory - 7 day Cruise - January 2003; Disney Magic - 7 day Halloween Cruise - October 2001; Disney Magic - 7 Day Millenium Cruise - October 2000
Old 11-22-2009, 04:49 PM   #177
flafan
Mouseketeer

I am so glad I am all got up now. How cute is Kira in her Cindy dress, the photo in front of Cinderella's coach is Great! Just really sweet.

I hope your RLS is getting better. My Mom has that and she said that by drinking Gaterade everyday really helps. Maybe worth trying.

Looking forward to the rest. Happy Holidays too! If I do not check back in awhile
1997 Marriot World Center & Dixie Landings
1998 Fort Wilderness Campground - Cabins
1999 Marriot World Center - Boardwalk Villas
2000 Old Key West
2002 Marriot Cypress Harbour
2003 Marriot Cypress Harbour - Hard Rock Hotel-Club Level
2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Club Level - Royal Pacific Hotel
2006 Royal Pacific Hotel- Club Level - Vistana Villages
2008 Vistana Villages - Portofino Bay - Club level
2009 Sheraton National Hotel - Wash. DC Club Level
2013 July - Beach Club/Club Level
Old 11-22-2009, 05:36 PM   #178
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Quote:
[B]
By this time, Kira had latched on to Julia, L & S's middle child and she was also very keen on Harrison, their little one who is just a little bit older than Kira.

Kira was thrilled to have made friends! They held hands and walked all the way back to the front of the park together.

I bet she was thinking "It's about time you people made friends with someone so I can hang around their kids!"

It was the cutest thing!!!
me thinks this pic could easily be an ad for Disney.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:45 PM   #179
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Quote:

love this pic cass!! just a mom and her disney daughter on wedway eh?

your mom would be soooo proud.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:52 PM   #180
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

in case i'm not around here tomorrow.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIRA!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: