Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #346
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

WOW!! I wish we had stopped by One Man's Dream! Its definitely on the list for next year!! You and Michael should just pack your Halloween costumes so you can be prepared if you ever need to be sneaky!! ( Reminds me of the corn maze!! Me and Stephanie really wanted to scare the boys or pretty much just anyone, so we would break away from the rest of the group and hide in the corn and we kept calling it "stealth mode" and it was just so funny!! Once everyone caught on to us trying to sneak up on them, we were more obvious about it and would scream out "STEALTH MODE" and then quickly hide in the corn! )

Sorry you were disappointed with VotLM!! I can't wait to go see more shows!! You make me want to find a way to work it out! I was really scared about Landon not sitting still. But I bet he would LOVE the car show!! That just looks awesome!! Is it hotter the closer you sit because of the fire or could you not even feel that at all? You had really good seats!!

I'm glad you loved Sci-Fi! You got the same drink and entree as me! It was so good, right?! I'm glad you enjoyed it!! The theming there is so great!! I LOVE how Disney puts all their detail in the bathrooms too! I definitely don't think it was tmi to add that...but then again, you have to remember I took pictures in the bathroom of ESPN Club!

I bet it was so nice to in the hot tub at night!! My dad fell in love with that resort because of that when we walked past the pool to get to the Mara!! Its just great! I hope you went back!! Do you ever have any pics of it, or did you not bring your camera to the pool?

Can't wait for more!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 11-18-2009, 08:24 PM   #347
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Ohhh I can't wait to see LMA with Chris! He's obsesseddddd with cars and he's going to love it. I didn't realize it was only shown like twice a day and we accidentally missed it last time so thanks for the pictures!

I'm glad you had a good experience at Sci-Fi! The Oreo shake looks yummmm! I can't believe thats on the DDP!

We loved One Man's Dream!! Chris was sooo into it too. Glad you got a lot of time to spend in there, it's definitely worth it.

Thanks for the VotLM advice. We've never tried it and now won't bother until we have kids

The night vision animal viewing and hot tub both sound amazingggg! Hopefully its not too cold there in 10 days for us to try out the hot tub
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2009, 08:51 AM   #348
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Another great update! Madison loved LMA when we saw it in January. She wanted to see it again in June, but we talked her out of it. It was SO hot in the stands in Jan (on a 75 degree day with hardly any humidity) that I couldn't even stand the thought of what it would be like in June!!! Anyways....I don't think I've ever walked through One Man's Dream. I think that will have to wait until Maddie is a bit older or I will keep hearing about how she's so bored. I haven't seen The Little Mermaid in years!!! I actually really enjoyed it and Maddie has yet to see it. It was down for refurb in Jan and she didn't really have an interest in it in June. I'm so glad that you enjoyed Sci-Fi. It's one of my favs!!! (that oreo shake is awesome!)

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 11-19-2009, 10:01 AM   #349
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Yay! I love your updates...you have such great pictures. Well, you've given me anther two things for our 'next time' list. One Man's Dream and an Oreo Shake at Sci-Fi! I already wanted to go in One Man's Dream, and I think the kids will be old enough to appreciate it...maybe! And you guys talking about that Oreo shake has got me craving one now...at 8:56am! There used to be a drive-in style place in my town that had greeeat Oreo Shakes, but it's been gone for about 10 years now...

I liked Voyage of the Little Mermaid when we saw it several years ago, but I think I was the only one. I don't really need to go back, though. DH, of course didn't like it. Our son was only 4 then, so he didn't really care up until he got wet...gosh, he hated stuff like that then. And even our daughter didn't like that part, ruined the whole thing for her, even though she had like it up until then. Oh, well..., right?
2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West
Old 11-19-2009, 10:15 AM   #350
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleofafamily View Post
I love your updates! I feel like I am there again. Wish it was true.

Did I read it correctly...you said Eric looked like a Huxtable daughter? As in Eric looked like a girl or could have been her son???
Thanks so much! I love sharing about our trip! Gosh--I wish I was back too... YEP! You heard right! HE looked like the SHE. A lot like her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
WOOT!! Much fun was had at DHS!! I also love the Lights, Motor, Action show ALOT and I went with my teen girl to see it and we had a blast!!!!! Great stuff!!!

One Man's Dream is another of my faves I could spend hours in there!!

Glad you had a good meal at Sci Fi...mine wasn't the greatest so I'm going to pass on next time but I think I might return in the future. I do think the atmosphere and food is good there!!
It was so good, Jen!!!! SO FUN! I loved reading about yalls adventures together! Tell me about it--we pretty much DID spend hours in there (more on that later)! Yeah, I was sad to read yours wasn't very good...we loved it! It just goes to show that your waiter has SO much to do with the over-all happiness of your meal! We will definitely go again, but we'll probably try something else next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
I never really had any desire to see LMA, but after hearing how much you liked it I'm thinking maybe I should!

Glad you enjoyed Sci Fi! I want to eat there sometime.

On my must-do for this trip!

I agree!

Very cool!

Aaaaaaah, sounds so good!
LMA is VERY cool! We really, really enjoyed it! It's one of those, "Are you sure this is real?!" things! It was a very cool atmosphere--and the food was YUMMY too! I'm sure you'd like it! Have you ever done One Man's Dream before? It's so, so neat to read all about Walt and his dreams and the journey... Little Mermaid is my 2nd favorite Disney Movie, and it was just disappointing after experiencing Beauty & the Beast and having such great seats there. But it was still good--just not as good. It was SO neat! And I bet the animals didn't even know we were there! I wish I had a hot tub--I bet I'd never have knots in my back again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Wow, looks like a fun day!

For the Stunt Show, we like to make sure we find a seat under a fan. It can get really hot at that show!

Oooh, you know I love Walt's One Man's Dream! I could spend a long time in there!

I'm sorry VoTLM was disappointing. I do agree it's lacking compared to the other shows, but I do have a love for this one because it's still the same from when I was little.

LOVE that pic of you two on that bench.
It was a FANTASTIC day! That's a good plan--especially in the summer when your fam goes! It wasn't too terribly hot, it was just SUPER humid when we were there. They should really look into putting more fans in there. Yep! I remember that! I just love learning about Walt and his dreams! We could have spent a LOT more time in there than we did! Isn't it funny how everyone has those rides/shows that remind them of being little? I'm glad VoTLM is that for you!! Thanks!! I love it too--it's probably a "framer"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkrox View Post
Looks like you guys had so much fun. One Man's Dream looked interesting but we've never gotten a chance to go in. Now I'll have to make a point of it. And I love how like the hot tubs are secluded. It just makes it so much more relaxing. Can't wait to hear more!
We did! It was great. YES--you really need to go in there. It's really neat. It's set up like a museum, so you can either just look at the stuff or read about it also. We read a lot, but if we read everything, we'd be there half the day! I agree--it's nice being away from the noise and stuff. Aaah...so relaxing! I should have more soon!

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 11-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #351
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
WOW!! I wish we had stopped by One Man's Dream! Its definitely on the list for next year!! You and Michael should just pack your Halloween costumes so you can be prepared if you ever need to be sneaky!! ( Reminds me of the corn maze!! Me and Stephanie really wanted to scare the boys or pretty much just anyone, so we would break away from the rest of the group and hide in the corn and we kept calling it "stealth mode" and it was just so funny!! Once everyone caught on to us trying to sneak up on them, we were more obvious about it and would scream out "STEALTH MODE" and then quickly hide in the corn! )

Sorry you were disappointed with VotLM!! I can't wait to go see more shows!! You make me want to find a way to work it out! I was really scared about Landon not sitting still. But I bet he would LOVE the car show!! That just looks awesome!! Is it hotter the closer you sit because of the fire or could you not even feel that at all? You had really good seats!!

I'm glad you loved Sci-Fi! You got the same drink and entree as me! It was so good, right?! I'm glad you enjoyed it!! The theming there is so great!! I LOVE how Disney puts all their detail in the bathrooms too! I definitely don't think it was tmi to add that...but then again, you have to remember I took pictures in the bathroom of ESPN Club!

I bet it was so nice to in the hot tub at night!! My dad fell in love with that resort because of that when we walked past the pool to get to the Mara!! Its just great! I hope you went back!! Do you ever have any pics of it, or did you not bring your camera to the pool?

Can't wait for more!
You would LOVE One Man's Dream!! But make sure you go at a time when Landon is sleeping... Haha! Good idea! I still haven't showed you that picture...we were pretty sneaky looking! Add me on FB and you can see it! That is too funny about you and Stephanie! I'm sure everyone got a kick out of it--but yall probably had the most fun!! I'll have to remember to whisper "STEALTH MODE!" next time we try to sneak back into One Man's Dream! I'm SURE Landon would love LMA! He's so into cars--and he'd really be ready for it by next year! If I could pick two for you to go to, it'd be LMA and Beauty. Those are the best (in our opinion)--at least at DHS. Yeah, it's a little hotter if you sit closer, but it's not that big of a difference. You can get better pictures closer up, though (more on that later ) Woo-Hoo!! Another Disney Twin thing! That shake was really yummy--but it was almost too sweet. I should have stuck with chocolate. So true! I forgot you took pics at ESPN! We were SOOO impressed with the theming everywhere! Isn't the pool FANTASTIC?! We just loved it! We didn't get a chance to try out the slide, but the pool and hot tub were great! No, I didn't take my camera to the pool (at least I don't think I did...) because I didn't want it to get wet. I just took my phone and our room key. We were the only ones in the hot tub, and there were only about 20 people in the pool! I should have more before too long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Ohhh I can't wait to see LMA with Chris! He's obsesseddddd with cars and he's going to love it. I didn't realize it was only shown like twice a day and we accidentally missed it last time so thanks for the pictures!

I'm glad you had a good experience at Sci-Fi! The Oreo shake looks yummmm! I can't believe thats on the DDP!

We loved One Man's Dream!! Chris was sooo into it too. Glad you got a lot of time to spend in there, it's definitely worth it.

Thanks for the VotLM advice. We've never tried it and now won't bother until we have kids

The night vision animal viewing and hot tub both sound amazingggg! Hopefully its not too cold there in 10 days for us to try out the hot tub
You and Chris will LOVE LMA!!! It's so good! I probably won't get to our "next time" watching it before your trip, so I'll go ahead and tell you that it's best if you sit a little closer than we were (since you won't have to worry about the heat as much this time of year). We went again and sat closer, and the pics turned out better! I'm betting it's going to be one of Chris's highlights of the entire trip! The shake was SO good! But it was a little sweet for me. It's so awesome--all of the shakes and stuff are just counted as a drink! Michael and Chris sound like they'd get along--Michael really, really liked One Man's Dream too! It was one of our favorite things! Yeah, save your time with VotLM... It's funny, but there's a lot we're saving to do (either first time or again) until we have kids... I don't know if they have night vision goggles at Kidani or not, but if they do, TRY IT! It's really cool. And if not, head on over to Jambo House! I'm sure it'll be good hot tub weather! And even if you have to bundle up a little to go out there, it'll be warm in the hot tub!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Another great update! Madison loved LMA when we saw it in January. She wanted to see it again in June, but we talked her out of it. It was SO hot in the stands in Jan (on a 75 degree day with hardly any humidity) that I couldn't even stand the thought of what it would be like in June!!! Anyways....I don't think I've ever walked through One Man's Dream. I think that will have to wait until Maddie is a bit older or I will keep hearing about how she's so bored. I haven't seen The Little Mermaid in years!!! I actually really enjoyed it and Maddie has yet to see it. It was down for refurb in Jan and she didn't really have an interest in it in June. I'm so glad that you enjoyed Sci-Fi. It's one of my favs!!! (that oreo shake is awesome!)
Thanks! Isn't it such a cool show?! I'm glad Maddie liked it! That's so funny--a 75 degree day would be heaven for us! It gets well over 100 here... That show does get pretty hot, though, since there isn't good covering on most of it. Maybe next time it'll be cool enough to see it again! One Man's Dream is REALLY neat, but you're right that Maddie might be bored now. Wait a few years, and then I bet she'd like it. Some people really like VotLM, it's just not our favorite. I bet your family would like it a lot though! Sci-Fi is one of our favorites now too! Isn't it sooo good?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridora View Post
Yay! I love your updates...you have such great pictures. Well, you've given me anther two things for our 'next time' list. One Man's Dream and an Oreo Shake at Sci-Fi! I already wanted to go in One Man's Dream, and I think the kids will be old enough to appreciate it...maybe! And you guys talking about that Oreo shake has got me craving one now...at 8:56am! There used to be a drive-in style place in my town that had greeeat Oreo Shakes, but it's been gone for about 10 years now...

I liked Voyage of the Little Mermaid when we saw it several years ago, but I think I was the only one. I don't really need to go back, though. DH, of course didn't like it. Our son was only 4 then, so he didn't really care up until he got wet...gosh, he hated stuff like that then. And even our daughter didn't like that part, ruined the whole thing for her, even though she had like it up until then. Oh, well..., right?
Thanks so much! YEP! Both are a must! I think your kids are probably old enough to enjoy One Man's Dream. There's enough interesting things in there to keep them occupied. They have lots of little models of the different parks and things. Do you have Braum's? They have the greatest Cookies and Cream shakes!!!! SO yummy! And Chick-fil-A has good ones too--maybe you could take a SUPER early lunch! Yeah, I think VotLM is definitely for some people and not for others. Hm...You'd think your kids would have liked the water... Maybe they'll be up for giving it another try in a few years!

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 11-19-2009, 10:53 AM   #352
disneyloverforchrist
Mouseketeer

I love all the pictures!!!! My hubby's favorite park is DHS too!!!! and LMA is his favorite show...he tells everyone about it!

We stayed at AKL for our honeymoon three years ago and LOVED it! I have heard or renting vacation points...but how does that work exactly???I would love to do a deluxe again, but don't think we could swing it without a wicked good deal.

We leave in just over three weeks and your report has got me SO excited!!!!

1989---FIRST TRIP Contemporary Resort
Several trips in early 90's staying off site ; 1998---Yacht Club Resort
December 2006---AKL for HONEYMOON, December 2007---Pop Century for Girls Trip! DS was in my belly and kicking for the first time!,December 2008---All Star Music with DH, DS, my mom, my dad , and my brother. , December 2009---POFQ with the hubby for our anniversary January 2011---FIRST trip as DVC owners!!!! May 2012---First trip with my in-laws

Disney Lover For Christ
Old 11-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #353
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Lights, Motor, Action is a fantastic show but after you've seen it more than a couple times, it loses its luster. I think part of the appeal the first time is that you don't know how they do all those stunts. And once you find out, it's like 'oh ok, cool.' We haven't seen it in a couple years but maybe it's something we'll do again on this upcoming trip.

We have reservations for Sci Fi for our Feb trip! The atmosphere in there is awesome!

Did you see the movie in One Man's Dream? Love it!

I like VotLM! We saw it this past trip. It runs continuously I think so maybe that's why there isn't as much detail as other shows but it's still better than average theme park shows.

Sounds like your DHS day was fab!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 11-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #354
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Day 4: Magic Kingdom Rope Drop!

Last time, we’d just finished up our Day 3 with a dip in the hot tub. Ahhh…relaxing!

On Wednesday morning, we woke up at 7:05 to “A Whole New World”. Aladdin is our combined favorite (even though we each have other favorites). It was a perfect song to start our first full day in Magic Kingdom!!!!!

While I finished getting ready, Michael went downstairs and bought our breakfast with snack credits. I got a bagel, and he got a HUGE chocolate chip muffin. It was perfect having a toaster/fridge/microwave in our room—I made half of my bagel and put the other half in the fridge for the next day! It worked great.

At 7:55 we arrived at the bus stop, and at that same time, our bus was pulling up!! The bus was pretty crowded, so we ended up standing in the front. A newlywed couple was across from us. As we started visiting with them, we found out they were from the UK! How cool is that?! I loved their accents, and it was SO fun visiting with them. They were on their way to the Grand Floridian or Poly for breakfast. This was their first time at Disney World. They’d been to Disneyland Paris quite a few times, but they said it’s SO different. The biggest thing is that CMs are actually nice in Florida. They both joked about how the CMs at Disneyland Paris would just say, “Sit down. Shut up. Enjoy your ride.” Haha! I can just imagine! It was shocking to them that people were actually friendly here! They also told us that since we were kindof celebrating our honeymoon (just delayed) we should get buttons. As we exited the bus, we were still visiting, and the guy said, “You feel like a dumb a** but you get loads of free drinks and bully!” We LOVED this! I have to admit, we still say this quite regularly—it doesn’t take much to make us laugh! Anyway, we loved chatting it up with our new friends from the UK. We wished each other a great day, and then parted ways to check our bags (they went to the monorail). What a great start to our day! I just love friendly people!

We went through the bag check and ticket place with no problems, and headed into the front of the train station area. It was practically empty. I just LOVED the fall decorations. I think I’ve mentioned this before, but it was all “fall-ed out” last time I came, and I really like the extra details! I also need to make note that I’d NEVER been to any rope drop before this trip! We didn’t even try with my family. I didn’t even know rope drop shows existed until I joined the DIS. Needless to say, I was REALLY looking forward to being here for the rope drop show!

I think this one looks like it’s from way-back-when.

Here’s the original…

The train came through! How fun!

A nice man took our picture. I love how bright and cheerful everything is.

It’s touches like these that make Disney World so special…

Continued

Old 11-19-2009, 12:02 PM   #355
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Day 4: Magic Kingdom Rope Drop (cont)

Continued from previous

I sat down on the ground and ate my bagel (I brought along the cream cheese and napkins) and my left-over apples and caramel dip from our first day. It was a nice, relaxing way to enjoy breakfast. I’d much rather hurry to get there and then enjoy our time waiting than rush to get there and still rush to get to rides…but that’s just us.

I think I forgot to mention this back on our Epcot FW day, but we met a really nice family in line for Soarin’. They were from up north somewhere (New England area) and they had a little girl from China. This is really special to Michael and me because my parents best friends have a little girl from China (she was my flower girl) and one of my aunts and uncles have a little girl from China. Anyway, it was so fun getting to visit with them. Well….we saw them again in Magic Kingdom while we were waiting for the rope drop show! We were able to talk about everything else each of us has done, and just enjoy visiting some more. It was really neat to run into them again!

Finally, it’s time for the Rope Drop Show!!! The Mayor of Main Street comes out to welcome us to the Magic Kingdom

And then these lovely CMs come out to sing and dance…. “Good Morning! Good Morning! It’s great to stay up late! Good morning, good morning to You, and You, and You, and You!”

“My, Oh, My what a WONDERFUL DAY!”

Then, the train came through with our character friends!! (look how excited that little girl is on her dad’s shoulders!)

MICKEY!

And the Confetti to end the show! What a fun Rope Drop Show! We absolutely loved it!!!

Now, GO, go, GO!! It’s time to enter the park!

Up Next:
Taking our time
LOTS of Photopass Pics
First ride of the day
Zooming through the Kingdom

Old 11-19-2009, 12:06 PM   #356
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyloverforchrist View Post
I love all the pictures!!!! My hubby's favorite park is DHS too!!!! and LMA is his favorite show...he tells everyone about it!

We stayed at AKL for our honeymoon three years ago and LOVED it! I have heard or renting vacation points...but how does that work exactly???I would love to do a deluxe again, but don't think we could swing it without a wicked good deal.

We leave in just over three weeks and your report has got me SO excited!!!!
Thanks so much! We just LOVE DHS! Oh, yay! I'm sure he and Michael would get along great! Isn't AKL just GORGEOUS?!?! We loved it so much! If you want more info, PM me, and I'll get some info together for you! It worked so great for us. I think we'll try to rent every time now. It was cheaper than POP for us! YAY!!!! Have SO much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Lights, Motor, Action is a fantastic show but after you've seen it more than a couple times, it loses its luster. I think part of the appeal the first time is that you don't know how they do all those stunts. And once you find out, it's like 'oh ok, cool.' We haven't seen it in a couple years but maybe it's something we'll do again on this upcoming trip.

We have reservations for Sci Fi for our Feb trip! The atmosphere in there is awesome!

Did you see the movie in One Man's Dream? Love it!

I like VotLM! We saw it this past trip. It runs continuously I think so maybe that's why there isn't as much detail as other shows but it's still better than average theme park shows.

Sounds like your DHS day was fab!
Yeah, I could see how it's not as cool. We actually saw it again later on, and still LOVED it! You should try it again. Woo-Hoo! I'm so excited you're going to Sci-Fi! We loved it. It's one of the best themed places in the "World". We didn't see it this day....but... That definitely makes sense. I can see why it's not as detailed since it's one after another. It was good, just not our favorite. It was SOOOO GREAT!!

Old 11-19-2009, 12:45 PM   #357
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Waking up to "A Whole New World"... I love it!

The couple from the UK sounds like a trip & so much fun to talk to! Did yall ever end up getting those pins so you could get free drinks and bully?! That's too funny!

Don't you just looooove the MK rope drop show? It makes me tear up watching it. You got some awesome pictures, too!

Old 11-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #358
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
You and Chris will LOVE LMA!!! It's so good! I probably won't get to our "next time" watching it before your trip, so I'll go ahead and tell you that it's best if you sit a little closer than we were (since you won't have to worry about the heat as much this time of year). We went again and sat closer, and the pics turned out better! I'm betting it's going to be one of Chris's highlights of the entire trip! The shake was SO good! But it was a little sweet for me. It's so awesome--all of the shakes and stuff are just counted as a drink! Michael and Chris sound like they'd get along--Michael really, really liked One Man's Dream too! It was one of our favorite things! Yeah, save your time with VotLM... It's funny, but there's a lot we're saving to do (either first time or again) until we have kids... I don't know if they have night vision goggles at Kidani or not, but if they do, TRY IT! It's really cool. And if not, head on over to Jambo House! I'm sure it'll be good hot tub weather! And even if you have to bundle up a little to go out there, it'll be warm in the hot tub!
Thanks for the tip!! Chris will definitely be thrilled. Be prepared for lots of LMA pictures in my TR Even though we're not going to Sci-Fi again this time, I think they have the shakes at 50s PTC where we are eating so I'll have to get one there! I think Michael and Chris would get along too. They could go in OMD together and spend hours LOL Chris literally was taking longer to walk through it then I was and he begged me to see the movie at the end when I was ready to leave and do something else! I agree with you, we did pick a few things last time that we wont do again til we have kids. It's a Small World is one of them since Chris refuses to go on that haha We'll definitely head over to Jambo house for the night vision goggles for the savannah. That sounds amazing! And I'm really looking forward to a nice hot jaccuzzi. I'm so glad I found your TR at the perfect time

Another great update! We would do the same thing in the morning, have Chris run down to get our breakfast while I finished getting ready (mostly because I take forever to get ready LOL). Wasn't the MK rope drop great?! I'm not going to lie, I definitely teared up a little while watching it! I'm a dork LOL
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 11-19-2009, 09:23 PM   #359
hkrox
If you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come trueHello Kitty is AWESOME
Love the life you live, Live the life you love

I love the Magic Kingdom so much. I can't wait to hear all about your day there.
And I love talking to people from other places. It's so much fun to hear about their life in like a different country.

The Place Where Your Dreams Come True
Old 11-20-2009, 02:30 AM   #360
ilovethesun
Mouseketeer

Hi there! I'm new to this thread - I've been around DIS for a while though. We live in France and have APs for DLP and love it but we'll be moving back to the States in a little over a year and now I have the bug for Disney WORLD! I am thoroughly enjoying your wonderful review! And for the first time in my life, I'm thinking it would be fun to go just me and DH! We've taken our little girls (3/5) so many millions of times but have never gone on our own!

We've also been to Disneyland in California with our kids once (we lived in AZ and drove out there). We had a phenomenal time there as well.

I went to Disney World when I was a kid at ages 5 and 10 but they are dim memories...

Anyway, thanks for the super review. Just wanted to reply so I could subscribe and read subsequent posts!

Blessings to you and your "new" husband!! Oh, and btw, your organization skills... be still my organized heart.

angie

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: