Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2009, 05:05 PM   #136
Timon

DIS Junkie

Hey peoples

Just wanted to say THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for all the wonderful replies you've all left me here!! I don't know what I did to deserve so many wonderful friends like you that keep me in your thoughts and prayers!

They gave me some Pramipexole, which is used for RLS and while it definitely took my pain away while I slept, I don't like the way the drug made me feel. I only took it for 2 nights when the pain was intolerable and then stopped.

The pain and itching has calmed down a bit but is still there. My muscles started aching yesterday morning, almost as if I am flexing my calf muscles 24/7 and they are very painful now. I think I may have to take those meds again tonight

I am waiting for an appointment with a neurologist and then we can figure out a proper treatment. Until then I am just hanging in there the best I can.

My MIL has been fabulous and has taken care of Kira almost every day for me. Don't know what I would have done without her!

Unfortunately the percocet are doing nothing for me except giving me a gross thick tongue

So anyway, last Wednesday I had uploaded our MK day photos to Photobucket so I think I will get started on that day and see how far I get
Old 11-18-2009, 05:12 PM   #137
hellokitty86
If I didn't wear it myself- I would want my husband to wear it!
DH does call me a toilet paper snob
Did the lovebugs bother you too, like they bothered me??!

Good to hear from you Cass...hope you feel 100% better soon.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #138
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 7 Part 1

October 21st - Magic Kingdom

We tried to get to MK as early as possible to be there by opening but it seems no matter how early we left, we never made it for park opening.

We asked Kira if she wanted to take the monorail or the ferry boat and she said ferry boat so off we went!

It took forever! Waited 10-15 mins for the boat to arrive and then 10-15 mins to load then 10 minutes to get there and then 10 minutes to unload and cattle our way to bag check.

Our number one goal was to find some princesses for Kira. I think she was starting to think that we were all fibbing to her about all the princesses being in WDW cus she still hadn't met one up close

We walked directly over to Mickey Toon Town Fair but on the way we spotted Alice and she said she wanted to see her. I waited in line for Alice while Rob took her to see the Queen of Hearts

Her meeting with Alice was so precious! It was her first "face" character of the trip and after Alice started talking to her she smiled and said "She talked to me!!!"

She was thrilled with Alice and Alice was really wonderful with her!

Time for some princesses now! We got there and the line for the Fairies was 70 mins!!! Thankfully she's not into the fairies yet because the princesses were only 15 minutes!

We got into the room and she saw Cinderella, Belle and Aurora all in one area and I think she probably peed herself! Good thing she wears a diaper

She met Cindy first. She was a little shy at first but the princesses helped her out and she was on

She made me laugh so hard because each time she met a princess, she would talk about the other two! When she met Cindy, Kira excitedly pointed out to her that Belle and Aurora were there and then when she met Belle, she told her how she just met Cinderella and that she can see Aurora and then finally when she met Aurora, she told her all about her little meet and greet with Cindy and Belle

Belle was the BEST!!!!!!!! She took a very long time with her...she told her to come and sit with her and then when Kira said "No Beast" Belle decided to tell her a little story about where Beast was.

She started...

"No, Beast is not here right now. You know why he's not here? Because when he woke up this morning, he had the most crazy hair! So I told him that he couldn't come with his crazy hair so I sent him to get his hair cut!"

Here Belle is showing Kira how Beast is getting his hair cut!

She went on for a few minutes and I got several great photos!

Then we got in the little line for Aurora but Belle was all alone. She was just standing there waving to Kira but Kira was shy and didn't know what to do. I think she was just used to the whole process...wait in line, hug, kiss, pics...then done! Well Belle kept waving to her and trying to talk to her but Kira was thinking that she shouldn't be talking to her anymore so she stayed by her dad.

Time for Aurora and after telling her all about Belle and Beast getting getting his hair cut...it was time for hugs.

Aurora was also really good with Kira, taking a few extra minutes to talk to her about things. Kira was telling her that she has an Aurora dress too, not the blue one, the pink one and how she was going to wear it, it was too cute!

They were chatting about the three fairies because they were on her autograph page so Kira told her the names of all three

By this time, my girl was as happy as I have ever seen her! She was glowing!!!!!!!!!

To be continued....
Old 11-18-2009, 06:01 PM   #139
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 7 Part 2

After the princess high, she asked to do some rides so we thought we would give Goofy's Bartstormer a try. She was tall enough!

I took video of the ride and I was laughing the whole time! She was happy but scared all at the same time! My poor girl LOL! She said she enjoyed it so all was good!

We had some time to kill before our PS for Crystal Palace so we decided to take the Railroad all the way around the park. Kira had been wanting to do this for quite some time as the railroad spiel is on the CD we listen to at home.

While we were on the railroad, a lady asked me if I was Timon from the Disboards. YES!!!! That's me!!!

If you're reading this, Hi metpro!

So we decided this would be a good time for our fruit break. There was no announcement about no food so I figured it was OK. Broke out the food and drink and we snacked while Kira watched the scenery go by.

Well as we were pulling out of the Frontierland Station, the guy announces No Food, No Drinks and No kids on the outside of the row.

Woops! We just broke all three rules

So we put our food and drinks away and put Kira in the middle.

We got off in Toontown and walked over the Crystal Palace to check-in.

For some reason, Kira's good mood ended here. She just started crying and was instantly crabby.

It didn't last too long though because she made some friends. Man, that kid is not shy when it comes to kids!

Friend #1

Five minutes later, friend #1 had to go but she was quickly replaced with Friend #2

We waited a loooong time for our names to be called.

Rob went to grab some food while I tried to keep Kira entertained. Not an easy task sometimes....

She was better when her food arrived!

And then soon after, characters arrived!

The food here was DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!! We've been here 3 times before for lunch and it's always been good but it was fantastic this time!!!

I am a very picky eater and when I go to buffets, I always try a few things even though I know I won't like them, so I always leave something on my plate. I have never been to a buffet before and finished everything on my plate...NEVER! Until this meal, that is!

Check this baby out!!

Kira enjoyed the pizza and some other things

We all enjoyed this meal very much, especially me!

We saw Tigger one more time and then we left.

Sorry, time for supper....

To be continued...

Last edited by Timon; 11-18-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:02 PM   #140
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

First off, I am glad to hear that the pain is easing up for you a little. I hope they can do more for you at the next doctor so you don't have to go through that again! How horrible.

Second of all, it was so sweet to see Kira with the princesses! I think it is so funny that she wanted them to acknowledge each other... perhaps she didn't think they realized they were in a room with princesses too! Anyway, she is adorable Cass!
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
Old 11-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #141
disgrits
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear you are doing a little better, and I hope you get a neuro appt very soon.

to you, Sistah!

Old 11-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #142
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 7 Part 3

We rolled ourselves out of Crystal Palace and made our way to Adventureland.

We were going to do the Jungle Cruise but the line was 30 minutes long. No thanks.

Instead we went on Aladdin's Magic Carpets.

Next up was Pirates!! Kira had been waiting to do pirates for a very long time. We listen to the soundtrack all the time and she knows some of the words.

She really enjoyed the ride, everything but the drop in the dark!

While in the store I let her touch all the cool pirate stuff. I had the best laugh of the day here. She grabbed a really long rifle and she started vacuuming with it!

I just said "Yup, that's exactly what you do with that!" LOL

I think we saw the Tiki Birds before we left Adventureland and then we went on Haunted Mansion.

Kira was being a total dork here. We had to wait about 15 minutes in line and she was being so silly. She was going around all the poles in the line and some of those poles were right next to the wall so she didn't have very much room. She was just being silly but it was fun to watch.

Time for the afternoon parade. We decided to find a spot early and just chill for a bit. This worked out great because a CM came right next to her and she had toys to play with. Kira and this other little girl had a blast!

The CM was super great with the girls and this passed the time quickly!

Time for the parade came and she sat in her stroller while she had snacks and juice. She was FULL of P & V by now

She enjoyed the parade and loved seeing all the characters. The best part was when Stitch came and stole her juice! LOL!

He was trying to drink it when Lilo told him to put it back.

We made a quick stop at the Baby Station. This is THE best place to change a diaper!!!

Kira was adamant about getting on and off the table herself! Yes, she climbed up and down all by herself! If we didn't let her, she would totally spazz out

We had wanted to get her a Mickey Ears hat but hadn't found one yet that fits really well so I knew the place to get ears was at Le Chapeau and I was right!

She had fun trying a few on.

In the end, we got her pink Mickey Ears with a Princess crown in the middle. Got her name on the back and then off we went to meet up with Sean, Bernie and Bailey for supper at Chef Mickeys.

Took the monorail over to the Contemporary

And found the Three Mousketeers

To be continued....too many pics
Old 11-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #143
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 7 Part 4

At this point, Kira needed a break I think. She was starting to act up and in hindsight, we should have just left and got something to go for supper and head back to the condo.

But we were here and she knew we were going to see some characters and so we just went for it.

This meal was tough.

She was all over the place, she had a lot of energy and didn't want to sit down.

The food was just gross!! This is the first time we didn't like the food at Chef Mickey's and we go every time we go to WDW. The prime rib was full of fat, it was hard to find a piece that didn't have grizzle on it. My beloved parmesan mashed potatoes were FULL of gross lumps!!! I even waited for a new piece of meat and a new pot of potatoes but they were just as gross as the other ones. And honestly, there wasn't another thing on the whole buffet that appealed to me.

I think S & B & B enjoyed the food a little more than us but not much.

The characters were awful!! They barely spent any time at all at the table! They stopped for ONE photo and that was it! Of course S & B were nice enough to let Kira have all the attention but they were totally left out. They weren't horribly upset about it but I was! I wanted a group shot but the second they took a pic with Kira they were gonzo!!!

I was also upset that they didn't do the table rotation the same everytime. We always watched to see in what order they visited the tables so that we could prepare Kira for when they were coming. Well, they changed order almost every time and skipped our table and did 3 extras and then came back to us so Kira was often left waiting there with her autograph book waiting for 10-15 minutes!

I was also NOT impressed with Mickey Mouse! I know, it sounds wrong but the mouse was peeing me off! He was the worst offender and did an extra 4 tables before coming back to us (made no sense the way he did it either!) and then when he went to sign her book, he totally skipped his page!!!

I was really mad about this because we had seen Mickey a few times now but we waited until this meal to get his signature. Minnie had no problem signing her page but Mickey didn't even take the time to LOOK at the page!

Here's her book...

I was in a bad mood at this point. I was miffed because I put Mickey on the very first page (for a reason!) and he messed it up, Kira was totally melting down at this point and we just paid a small fortune for a horrible meal!!!

Here's a few pics of the characters...

The desserts were pretty good but I was all pissy by now and it was hard to enjoy them. We paid the bill and got out of there as fast as we could!!!

Well, I thought I would never say this but that will be our last time dining there!

Rob had wanted to go back to MK but I pressed him into just going home. Turned out to be a good decision as none of us were in the mood for more park time.

Rob gave Kira a bath and then she went to bed early.

It was a very loooong day and I was glad it was over!
Old 11-18-2009, 07:48 PM   #144
J.C.&ALI'SMOM
I really had to bite my tongue on that one
Wondering how we could get our moonshine on the plane

Thank you, Cass for sharing all this with us! I just loved all those photos of Kira enjoying meeting the princesses. I will be leaving tomorrow to return to WDW with my 2 princesses who are 12 (gonna be 13 on the trip) and 10. Seeing Kira's wide eyes full of magic made me tear up at missing my "little" girls. They still love WDW but it is not the same now.

And I agree about Chef Mickey's! We had a terrible experience at dinner there years ago and have never been back. But breakfast was fun!

Old 11-18-2009, 09:09 PM   #145
Walt & Di
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Day 7 Part 1

We tried to get to MK as early as possible to be there by opening but it seems no matter how early we left, we never made it for park opening.

We asked Kira if she wanted to take the monorail or the ferry boat and she said ferry boat so off we went!

It took forever! Waited 10-15 mins for the boat to arrive and then 10-15 mins to load then 10 minutes to get there and then 10 minutes to unload and cattle our way to bag check.

Our number one goal was to find some princesses for Kira. I think she was starting to think that we were all fibbing to her about all the princesses being in WDW cus she still hadn't met one up close

We walked directly over to Mickey Toon Town Fair but on the way we spotted Alice and she said she wanted to see her. I waited in line for Alice while Rob took her to see the Queen of Hearts

Her meeting with Alice was so precious! It was her first "face" character of the trip and after Alice started talking to her she smiled and said "She talked to me!!!"

She was thrilled with Alice and Alice was really wonderful with her!

Time for some princesses now! We got there and the line for the Fairies was 70 mins!!! Thankfully she's not into the fairies yet because the princesses were only 15 minutes!

We got into the room and she saw Cinderella, Belle and Aurora all in one area and I think she probably peed herself! Good thing she wears a diaper

She met Cindy first. She was a little shy at first but the princesses helped her out and she was on

She made me laugh so hard because each time she met a princess, she would talk about the other two! When she met Cindy, Kira excitedly pointed out to her that Belle and Aurora were there and then when she met Belle, she told her how she just met Cinderella and that she can see Aurora and then finally when she met Aurora, she told her all about her little meet and greet with Cindy and Belle

Belle was the BEST!!!!!!!! She took a very long time with her...she told her to come and sit with her and then when Kira said "No Beast" Belle decided to tell her a little story about where Beast was.

She started...

"No, Beast is not here right now. You know why he's not here? Because when he woke up this morning, he had the most crazy hair! So I told him that he couldn't come with his crazy hair so I sent him to get his hair cut!"

Here Belle is showing Kira how Beast is getting his hair cut!

She went on for a few minutes and I got several great photos!

Then we got in the little line for Aurora but Belle was all alone. She was just standing there waving to Kira but Kira was shy and didn't know what to do. I think she was just used to the whole process...wait in line, hug, kiss, pics...then done! Well Belle kept waving to her and trying to talk to her but Kira was thinking that she shouldn't be talking to her anymore so she stayed by her dad.

Time for Aurora and after telling her all about Belle and Beast getting getting his hair cut...it was time for hugs.

Aurora was also really good with Kira, taking a few extra minutes to talk to her about things. Kira was telling her that she has an Aurora dress too, not the blue one, the pink one and how she was going to wear it, it was too cute!

They were chatting about the three fairies because they were on her autograph page so Kira told her the names of all three

By this time, my girl was as happy as I have ever seen her! She was glowing!!!!!!!!!

To be continued....
Wow!!!!! What great pictures. Looks like Kira had a fun time. It looks like the Princesses were wonderful with her.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:34 PM   #146
Walt & Di
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Day 7 Part 3

We rolled ourselves out of Crystal Palace and made our way to Adventureland.

We were going to do the Jungle Cruise but the line was 30 minutes long. No thanks.

Instead we went on Aladdin's Magic Carpets.

Next up was Pirates!! Kira had been waiting to do pirates for a very long time. We listen to the soundtrack all the time and she knows some of the words.

She really enjoyed the ride, everything but the drop in the dark!

While in the store I let her touch all the cool pirate stuff. I had the best laugh of the day here. She grabbed a really long rifle and she started vacuuming with it!

I just said "Yup, that's exactly what you do with that!" LOL

I think we saw the Tiki Birds before we left Adventureland and then we went on Haunted Mansion.

Kira was being a total dork here. We had to wait about 15 minutes in line and she was being so silly. She was going around all the poles in the line and some of those poles were right next to the wall so she didn't have very much room. She was just being silly but it was fun to watch.

Time for the afternoon parade. We decided to find a spot early and just chill for a bit. This worked out great because a CM came right next to her and she had toys to play with. Kira and this other little girl had a blast!

The CM was super great with the girls and this passed the time quickly!

Time for the parade came and she sat in her stroller while she had snacks and juice. She was FULL of P & V by now

She enjoyed the parade and loved seeing all the characters. The best part was when Stitch came and stole her juice! LOL!

He was trying to drink it when Lilo told him to put it back.

We made a quick stop at the Baby Station. This is THE best place to change a diaper!!!

Kira was adamant about getting on and off the table herself! Yes, she climbed up and down all by herself! If we didn't let her, she would totally spazz out

We had wanted to get her a Mickey Ears hat but hadn't found one yet that fits really well so I knew the place to get ears was at Le Chapeau and I was right!

She had fun trying a few on.

In the end, we got her pink Mickey Ears with a Princess crown in the middle. Got her name on the back and then off we went to meet up with Sean, Bernie and Bailey for supper at Chef Mickeys.

Took the monorail over to the Contemporary

And found the Three Mousketeers

To be continued....too many pics
Alladins Magic Carpet Ride is one of my favorites. I love it and I ride it everytime I go to Magic Kingdom at least once. Kira looked really happy today. I loved her Mickey ears. Please tell her.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:35 PM   #147
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Great, great update Cass! So glad you're back with us and feeling better. I do hope they're able to figure out how to solve whats going on soon. So the princesses pictures, sooooo adorable. And how funny is the temp tatoo on Rob!! Tell him I loved that, such a great daddy thing to do. I know exactly how you feel about Chef Mickey's, I think its so rushed there. But love Crystal Palace, so fun! Thanks so much for coming back so quickly, we missed you!!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:42 PM   #148
Walt & Di
DIS Veteran

Howdy

Really enjoying your trip report. It is excellent. Kira looked like she had a wonderful day at Magic Kingdom.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #149
GrumpyMom1
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear your feeling a little better. Great trip report as usual! Love the princess pictures and stories.

How did you like staying offsite at Windsor Hills? We are thinking about staying there next time we go.
West Coast 7/9/05 - Disney Magic Eastern 7/12/03 - WDW/CBR 11/2000 - Disney Wonder 12/2000 - Pictures

Old 11-18-2009, 10:38 PM   #150
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: