Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2009, 04:39 AM   #16
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

Checking in to follow along ~ you know me, I must see customs in action!

DH DS 11 DD 9

Old 11-15-2009, 06:20 AM   #17
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
Checking in to follow along ~ you know me, I must see customs in action!
Hi Andrea!! Yaaaa....look only 21 more days till your trip!! Thanks for reading along!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2009, 07:45 AM   #18
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Hi Cathy! I'm so excited you're doing a report; I've missed you!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 11-15-2009, 07:49 AM   #19
minnie2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post
Well, its not exactly my list....cept the last one...lol about the kids and the park! DH cracks me up...he got on a metal detecting thread and is now posting pics of his finds today...lol...its a "disboards" for metal detectors... I know you would appreciate what I am going thru...he was going on and on about how many hits he got.... I may need to steal some of your pics or better yet maybe you can add to the chapters when I get to them...feel free to post away!!!!
Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireland_nicole View Post
I'm so in!!

I have three more to add to the reasons:
1. You refer to reservations for anything as ADR's.
2. you (and your kids) find hidden mickeys everywhere (like my computer cord- perfect HM!)
3. when you mention that you're going on the ferry, the kids start looking for Tinkerbell! (also a true story)

I'm loving your report so far! Can't wait to read more!
Great additions!

what o you mean all reservations aren't caled ADR's

Kyle looks for hidden Mickey's everywhere!

Old 11-15-2009, 08:37 AM   #20
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Hi Cathy! I'm so excited you're doing a report; I've missed you!
Hi Denise!!! Long time no see! You are really paying attention! After two years...we finally made it back to Disney! Thanks for reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie2 View Post
Will do!

Great additions!

what o you mean all reservations aren't caled ADR's

Kyle looks for hidden Mickey's everywhere!
Hahaha does he look for them at home too?
Glad you are going to join in the trip report! I should be putting up the first few days soon and then we get to my arrival! My hubby only took a few pics but I can still report about what everyone told me happened...
Old 11-15-2009, 09:09 AM   #21
minnie2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post
Hahaha does he look for them at home too?
Glad you are going to join in the trip report! I should be putting up the first few days soon and then we get to my arrival! My hubby only took a few pics but I can still report about what everyone told me happened...
Of course he does that boy lives in a perpetual world of Disney! I am raising him right!

G put the new hard drive in so I am hoping to load my pics on the mac today which has our pics together

Old 11-15-2009, 09:16 AM   #22
mla1977
I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest of my life!

Looks good so far! I love how you pack for the kids. I hope I can be that organized when I have kids. Can't wait to hear more!
4/87; 12/94; 8/00: DLP; 3/02; 5/06: DLR; 5/07: AS Sports/Dolphin TR; 2/08 SoCal/DLR TR; 6/08 CR/Pop PTR, 3/09 Princess Half; August AS Movies, 1/10: Marathon Weekend ; 3/10 Princess Half; 8/10 OKW; 10/10 offsite; 12/10 Poly; 1/11 BLT/CSR/AKV; 2/11 offsite
Old 11-15-2009, 02:01 PM   #23
Boppintothetop
Earning My Ears

Yea...the trip report has begun!!!!! I just have to say(hope I don't spoil anything) as much as Edmund hates Disney, he had a happy grin spinning around on Dumbo with me (ha, ha!)
Old 11-15-2009, 03:03 PM   #24
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie2 View Post
Of course he does that boy lives in a perpetual world of Disney! I am raising him right!

G put the new hard drive in so I am hoping to load my pics on the mac today which has our pics together
You sure are!!!! Your kids were so great and I really enjoyed our day together!!! Yaaa about the hard drive so you can get to your pics!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mla1977 View Post
Looks good so far! I love how you pack for the kids. I hope I can be that organized when I have kids. Can't wait to hear more!
Thanks for reading along! More updates coming right up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boppintothetop View Post
Yea...the trip report has begun!!!!! I just have to say(hope I don't spoil anything) as much as Edmund hates Disney, he had a happy grin spinning around on Dumbo with me (ha, ha!)
HI LE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banan a:

You are completely correct!!! That was funny how you kept getting stuck with him...where did everyone else go? They must have left us and went straight to Adventureland So I am putting up the weekend days next! Tuesday was such a fun day with you and the girls..Thanks again for sharing your trip with us..I know it meant a lot to my girls to have you all there!!!
Old 11-15-2009, 03:42 PM   #25
twob4him
DIS Veteran

The Weekend

I am back….ready for more yet?

So this time we will be talking about getting to Disney. It’s an interesting topic...since I missed out on the whole thing! See I managed to get two days off of work but that’s it. We had already booked the house for 8 days including the weekend before I could leave, so my wonderful hubby got to fly with the three girls to Disney solo.

Joke: Why are there no planes where peter pan lives?

To make matters worse…it wasn’t a direct flight. For whatever reason, there were also delays on the tarmack. So.,,,it was a long day and my hubby’s patience wore off long before they landed at MCO!!! Poor guy. He did manage one pic on the plane. Since it was the day before Halloween, the girls wore matching “Spider” tops and stretch pants. They has snacks and colored and played Polly’s and Sarah had her ipod and book so I think they did ok.

Answer to Joke: Cause there was a sign that says “Never Neveverland” (so corny!)

I think they checked into the Fairfield Inn by the airport and went to dinner. My sister-in-law, Jeanne, arrived later that night and joined them. The next day after a free breakfast, they obtained a rental car and took off for adventures and fun.

First stop…Air Boat Rides!!!! These were a big hit! Everyone had headsets to protect their ears and could talk through them to everyone else. The girls loved the ride and thoroughly enjoyed the whole outing!!! It was pretty hot out so this was the perfect activity!!

Next, up was grocery shopping. I made a list of things we would need and Edmund and the girls found a Publix to shop at. Can you believe my hubby brought coupons to use??? Hahahahahaa…if you know my DH you wouldn’t be surprised!!!

While they are shopping I have some funny Cast Member Questions for you….(I think these are true questions….)

The dumbest questions ever asked to Cast Members

· What time is the 3:00 parade?
· What time will it stop raining?
· Why is it raining?
· Is the wait really 15 minutes, or are you trying to trick us?
· How do I get to Magic Mountain?
· How much extra do you get paid for smiling?

OK back! Grocery’s obtained, DH and the girls headed to Windsor Hills. I scoured the internet for hours looking for the perfect house. I was familiar with Windsor Hills since I stayed near there for a convention years before. I was so fortunate to pick Storytime Vacation Homes. Elias and Tanya are the owners and they have town homes and houses to rent in Windsor Hills. They were great to work with and took care of everything right away!!! I would DEFINITELY rent from them again!!!! So I picked out a fabulous 6-bedroom dream home appropriately called Story Time Castle that they decorated Disney and it was very reasonable! Not only that, it had a pool, game room and lots of space to spread out! So, at 4pm it was all ours…for the week anyway!!! The girls and Edmund used our special key code to enter and Sarah immediately took charge of the shoe placement! She picked a spot right by the door! Cracks me up cause if I had been there that is exactly the first thing I would have done. Groceries were transferred to the kitchen and then everyone took off exploring the house!!! I actually took pictures the last day but here are some pics of the rooms!

The front of the house

The street

Walking in the front door...this was the shoe spot by this table

Living Room and Dining Room

Kitchen

Family Room

Pool and patio

Playroom

Sarah's room

Our Room

The girl's princess room!!!! (my fav!)

And other rooms which were so great!

Did I mention we loved the house????

After the house tour, everyone was hungry so Edmund took the girls to Old Town for an early dinner. I think it was still pretty hot out but they picked pizza for dinner (of course) at Flippers. Then they walked around and found a really big monster truck to pose in front of!

Now keep in mind this was Halloween so the kids were also obtaining candy from shop owners. Sweet! However, one lady was particularly alarming. In other words, she scared Brooklyn to death. Plus she was probably tired…so they decided to head back to our “home away from home”.

Continued in post below!!!
Old 11-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #26
twob4him
DIS Veteran

The Weekend continued

Back at the house, the rest of the crew arrived! Yaaa! And everyone picked out their rooms and enjoyed our reunion. I think my sister-in-law, Mary, took the girls over to the playground to check it out! It has huge chess pieces and lots of equipment to play around on. Believe it or not…they also fit in a swim too! What a busy first day! That night was the time-change so everyone got to sleep in an extra hour!!! Yaaa!

Before I continue...here are some easy trivia questions about Universal Studios…our next stop:
1. What are the names of the two parks in Universal Studios Florida?
?Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios,
?Adventure Island and Universal Florida,
?Adventure Park and Action Park or
?Islands of Adventure and Universal Movies??

2. What does E.T. say at the end of the E.T. ride?

3. What dance gets control of the audience, at the end of "Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast"?

Answers:
1. Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios
2. Your name. I think it's so cool that E.T. says your own name in the ride.
3. Chicken Dance. The evil alien get control of the audience and makes everyone do the Chicken Dance in their seats.

How did you do?

So, if you didn't guess already, this day was Universal Studios Day. Weather wise…the morning was nice but the afternoon became pretty hot. After breakfast at the house, everyone piled in the cars and headed over.

They rode/watched Jimmy Neutron, Shrek, Mummy, Twister, Jaws, Men in Black, Simpsons, ET and Beatlejuice.

They also ran into Curious George, Woody Woodpecker and the guy with the Delorian in Back to the Future! Notice Devon was not afraid of him!!!

Relaxing on a bench with Aunt Mary and Daddy!

Apparently there were very few lines, and most rides were walk-on. Twister and Simpsons were 10-15 minute wait time. I think they skipped lunch…just had snacks…and left for “home” around 2 or 3 pm. Jeanne, cooked an excellent dinner at the house and everyone just relaxed and enjoyed themselves. Sorry I don't have any pics of Aunt Jeanne. Hmmm maybe she will send me some and I can add them??!!

Hanging out with Aunt Mary!

Up Next – Monday…Pool Day and Mommy Arrives!!!

Last edited by twob4him; 11-15-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:12 PM   #27
ireland_nicole
No brainer- the fairy wins it
Personally, I'm an on site girl

Looks like a couple of great days! I loved the airboat tour we took 2 trips ago, and it looks like the girls and your DH had a wonderful time, too! I was worried that there might not be anything for my little to do at US, but it looks like your crew had fun! I guess I need to research it a bit more. Love the house! If WDW doesn't do any kind of deal for our upcoming trip, we're thinking about moving to WH; in fact, I think one of the townhomes we were looking at was a storytime rental- good to see your review of them; and really looking forward to reading more!
Old 11-15-2009, 06:08 PM   #28
minnie2
DIS Veteran

That house was fabulous!!!!!

So funny about Old town my cousin mentioned going there but we never made it.

I didn't realize you guys did universal too!!1 Fun!!!!

Old 11-15-2009, 06:40 PM   #29
disneymomof1
DIS Veteran

Wow, that house is awesome, it is decorated so cute. Love the princess room. We always go to Universal Studios each trip, my DD is 6 and she loves it. Love the update !!

Last edited by disneymomof1; 11-15-2009 at 06:40 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 11-15-2009, 07:00 PM   #30
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

That would have killed me to have my hubby and kids go a few days before me! I'm such a control freak...

That house was gorgeous! Sounds like they had a fun time at US!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: