Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2009, 06:52 PM   #31
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Sorry about the lack of photos in this chapter but it picks up with almost too many in the next, LOL.

When we left off we had finally settled into our first Disney dream filled night of sleep. Surprisingly the kids had fell asleep with only minimal whining and I figured since DH and I were dead tired we would have at least a full night’s sleep. Yeah right! Being that our last stay at a hotel months beforehand had ended up with the kids not sleeping at all we were on the right track at least with them asleep. I am not sure what kept us up the most that night between the kids and me changing the thermostat a million times.

I spent the entire night being waked up by the smallest sounds and being too cold… then too hot…then cold… you get the picture. To my memory DD slept pretty well but DS gave me a fright that made up for her lack of excitement.
DS is a pretty deep sleeper and he will talk in his sleep and on a few occasions he has gotten out of bed. Once while we were visiting my grandma he was sleeping on a blow up mattress on the floor next to our bed. Beside him was a glider chair that was stacked with our luggage. Middle of the night DH and I woke up to DS calling to me in a weird half asleep voice, I lunged over DH half asleep to grab him but he wasn’t on the floor he had climbed (still half asleep) to the top of the pile a good 4-5 feet above the floor.

Since he has been fully potty trained he very rarely wakes up in the middle of the night to go, he is firm believer in at least 5-10 potty trips before he falls asleep, but every once in a while he wakes up and it always hilarious with him half asleep.Needless to say the poor guy was too tired to make his normal half a dozen trips to the bathroom before he fell asleep and when the urge hit him at around 3am he shot straight up in bed and started yelling incoherent things and I couldn’t calm him down. I was half asleep and it never occurred to me that he needed to go potty, luckily DH understood him and it was all good. Let me just say that the panic you feel when you wake up instantly to your child screaming pulls even with the panic of loosing track of them in a store for a few seconds. It is not fun!

After a long night of tossing and turning I had finally fell asleep…then the phone rang. “GOOD MORNING, NO SLEEPING” That’s right folks after 5 ½ hours of restless sleep it is now time to start your day! 6:30am came very quickly it seemed! I honestly had half a mind to close my eyes and not get up but the MK was calling and we had an 8:05 date with Tigger and Pooh! Since our trip had been such a spur of the moment booking I was VERY lucky to have gotten all of our ADR’s. This one I was very excited about since this was our first trip to the MK and our first walk down Main St. would be in a nearly empty park.

I drug myself out of bed and I pestered DH until he did as well. The kids had slept through our wakeup call and that was good news, nothing like two kids running around excitedly with no place to go to stress you out before your coffee. LOL It didn’t take long for the realization of our first morning at Disney to hit us and DH and I were fully awake! After we both quickly dressed in our new Disney t-shirts (Grumpy & Tinkerbell), I sent DH downstairs with two missions. He needed to find the Roaring Canyon Café and grab our new (free) refillable mugs, with caffeine preferably, and figure out how to get a taxi to the MK.

I finished getting myself ready and putting on makeup (I still have no idea why since it melted off the moment I walked out the door) and gave my hair a disgusted look. Growing up in the south I spent my entire youth hating my frizzy hair, no matter what I did to it, it was awful. I have been through a dozen straightening irons with no luck! Last Christmas DH splurged on me and bought me a FANTASTIC super hot flat iron. It is my love and gave me lovely hair! In June we visited my family and just so happened to visit during a VERY hot and humid week. My hair completely ignored the flat iron and I felt like I was in high school again with horrible hair. I have no idea why I packed my flat iron at WDW other than nostalgia because the humidity in FL kicked my flat irons butt!

While DH was gone I pulled the kid’s first day outfits out of the handy labeled zip top bags and added an extra set to the park bag. I was not going to be caught with an under packed bag again! I put the freshly charged batteries in the camera and put it in the case. I even remembered to grab a hand towel for the bag and pack the fans. But I could not find my ADR and itinerary cards anywhere. I had made them the night before we left and stuck them in my Unofficial Guide Book… the book that I had decided at the last minute was too heavy and took out of my carry-on. Luckily I went a little overboard and had a excel spreadsheet in my planning notebook and I pulled that out for our confirmation numbers. We were just going to have to wing our touring plans.

As I was filling the kids’ sippy cups with milk DH finally made it back with our new mugs and a statement that the RCC was miles away and he was NOT going back! The front desk told him to call down when he needed a taxi. Surprisingly we were pretty much on schedule but the kids were still asleep and we planned to keep them that way until we were sure all we had to do to get out of the room was dress them and leave.

Since we didn’t know how long a taxi would take to get there we went ahead and called down to request one with a car seat. The front desk put us through to the cab company who said it would be 10 minutes! Hustle time! It was past 7:00 and we needed to get our grove on. The kids woke up fairly quickly and they were dressed in a flash! I wrestled DD’s hair into a pony tail and they threw on their Crocs and we were ready! The kids were staying pretty happy with their sippy cups. We grabbed our handy dandy lanyards with our KTTW and we were out the door. We made it to the elevator before I realized we (I) had forgotten the camera on the bed…

By the time we made it to the entrance our taxi was waiting and I loaded the kids in while DH dealt with the stroller, super easy and fast. The taxi ride was fast and cheap and worth it since we saw many people throughout our stay having problems with early transportation to the parks. We were dropped off at the unloading area at the TTC and we were a little hesitant about what to do next. Being a new comer to WDW the TTC is a little confusing, surprisingly this is the only time we used it during our stay. We decided on the Monorail to take us across the lagoon instead of the boat, it looked empty and we didn’t know how long it would be before it left.

Being that I have dreamed about Disney World for as long as I can remember the Monorail held a big place in my dreams. It is distinctly Disney in my mind and I was very excited for my first ride. It lived up to my expectations but it also seemed to be “old Disney” and surrounded by so many advancements it feels like it has been overlooked. Both ways it was a thrill and a memory that I have been waiting forever to achieve!

We arrived at the MK and my heart was racing! After making our way through bag check we were directed toward Customer Service where people with reservations were being let in. I convinced DH to let the kids out of the stroller for our first walk down Main St.; he was hesitant since DD is a sprinter. I have no words to describe my first moments on entering Main St. and watching my children run happily toward the castle. This moment had been in my head since childhood for me and for years I had dreamed about this moment for my kids. It was surreal! I honestly felt EVERY worry in our overly stressful lives lift away and they were replaced by pure joy! Even the dreary weather didn't bring us down!

As I had hoped the park was pretty much empty and we were able to let the kids run down Main St. unrestrained. Unfortunately this became a huge fight when they learned we were not headed into the Castle but were stopping short at the Crystal Palace to eat breakfast. It was quite a fight to get them to redirect and ended with DD running away and tripping on the curb in front of a CM. So began our very large collection of Mickey stickers! As we pulled the kids away from the Castle and back toward the Crystal Palace they were both screaming at the top of their lungs “LORELAI’S HOUSE” and “MY HOUSE” fighting to get away from us and run toward their shared destination! It was time for some breakfast for sure!

Only photo we managed to get of Ethan that morning on Main St. and he ended up looking like he was picking his butt. LOL

DD sprinting toward "her house".

Next up: Our first non-face character meal, our first Disney ride, our first Disney downpour!
Old 11-05-2009, 09:27 PM   #32
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

so you took a taxi from WL to the TTC?? You could have taken the bus which takes no longer than 10 mins and it's a direct bus. I can't believe the front desk did not suggest that..wow. Hopefully your short cab ride was no more than 10 bucks!!!
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2009, 10:29 PM   #33
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
so you took a taxi from WL to the TTC?? You could have taken the bus which takes no longer than 10 mins and it's a direct bus. I can't believe the front desk did not suggest that..wow. Hopefully your short cab ride was no more than 10 bucks!!!
We had planned to take a bus or boat (which we did every other time) but when we inquired at the front desk they said the buses didn't start until an hour before the park opened and since our reservation was an hour before the park opened we wouldn't have had time.

We had a hard time getting straight answers to transportation questions the entire week, and we weren't the only ones. Answers about the boats were the worst.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:01 AM   #34
msce2
DIS Veteran

I'm really enjoying your report! Your kids are absolutely adorable!!!!

Me(31) DH(33) DS(11) DD(7) DS(4)

AKV - Jan 2011
BLT - June 2010
BCV - May 2009
BCV - May 2003
Old 11-11-2009, 08:44 PM   #35
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msce2 View Post
I'm really enjoying your report! Your kids are absolutely adorable!!!!
Thank you! They keep us entertained daily!
Old 11-13-2009, 06:26 PM   #36
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Next update is almost finished...

Things have been so hectic at work for me and trying to find DH a job, but hopefully things will calm down soon.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:32 PM   #37
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Only read the first so far, but great start. I'll be back to finish up on Monday.

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:42 PM   #38
thegreggersmom
Mouseketeer

Just found you and am now all caught up. Your kids are adorable!
Old 11-15-2009, 07:42 PM   #39
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

After an eventful walk up Main St. we were ready for some FOOD! The Crystal Palace was extremely easy to find and identify (unlike a few later in our trip) and the kids settled down a bit when we joined the crowd. DH went to park the stroller and I joined the check-in line behind a lady who somehow didn’t have an ADR but wanted a table… RIGHT NOW. I didn’t think you were able to get into the park before opening without an ADR so she must have lied at the front gate. Not very Disney like! The CM was trying to be nice and work with her but she told her it would be a wait. The lady was not happy at all but finally stepped aside and let me check in.

I joined the “fam” and we waited for our name to be called. Both DH and I thought that the Crystal Palace was gorgeous. Even the details on the benches were superb and lovely.

Our wait was very quick and we were shown into the beautiful restaurant, can I just say again how lovely it was. Our table was to the left of the entrance all the way to the back against the window. It was a great location since it wasn’t too far from food but set out of the way of traffic. It wasn’t crowded when we arrived but it got that way pretty quick!

We took our seats with the kids on the outside for the characters, but not without a meltdown over setting in a highchair from our resident princess.

Then came my first glass of FL OJ! I am an OJ lover and I think I had to have drunk a couple gallons of it during our trip! CP was one of my top two OJ breakfasts; our waitress was great and kept the OJ comin’. Our waitress explained the buffet and the characters and we were set… and hungry. But one cannot head to the buffet when Piglet and Tigger are a couple tables away, food must wait!
Waiting patiently (with a cameo of the lovely OJ)…

Since this was our first non-face character meal we were both worried on how the kids would react to the large characters. We had tried to prepare DS by telling him in “real life” Mickey Mouse is bigger than Daddy; he is just little on TV and hoped that he wouldn’t be overwhelmed by the size. DD on the other hand was a wild card, she tends to be the adventurous one most of the time but timid around characters even like Chuck-E-Cheese. On the other hand these were Disney characters and she loves her some Disney, even if Winnie and friends aren’t her favorite.

First up was our pink friend Piglet and the verdict was……
LOVE! Yay!

Piglet’s visit was short and sweet, a little disappointing since there was hardly anyone in the restaurant yet. The kids both were very comfortable with hugging and posing for pictures, woohoo. Next up was our favorite bouncy pal and DS was excited! He was all about bouncing with Tigger! Luckily our Tigger was much more interactive than our Piglet and DS had quite a bouncy time with him. We could barely get him to stand still for a picture.

Next Tigger headed over to DD who jumped off DH’s lap and ran to Tigger…

Stopped mid-hug, did a roundabout and ran the other way…

I’m not sure what scared her or changed but she wanted nothing to do with Tigger. I like that the characters know when not to push an interaction when a child is uncomfortable, some more than others. I was prepared for this to be the case for DD so it wasn’t a shock. She was happy watching them walk around and interact with Ethan, but she did NOT want to be touched.

Since breakfast is the kids’ favorite meal of the day I scheduled all of our breakfasts as TS meals so we could take our time and eat our fill before we hit the parks. As with the dinner the night before the kids were distracted with the characters and it was a struggle to get them to eat, it became a struggle the entire trip even with their favorite foods. DS surprisingly ate more than DD at that meal, but they both ate a good amount of fruits and muffins. Unfortunately Mickey Waffles were not liked by either of the kiddos, nearly every place we had them they were way too hard.

Out of all of our breakfasts Crystal Palace ranks at the top. The food was really good and they had one of the best selections. DH is an omelet lover and it was his favorite omelet station of the trip if I remember correctly. I am a born and raised southern girl and so I love biscuits and gravy and it was pretty good. The kids loved the muffins!

Before long it was time for our visit from Pooh himself. Ethan was already use to the routine by now and jumped up for his hug and photo like a pro. He really enjoyed meeting the characters more than we could have hoped. Don’t let his expressions fool ya, he was bouncing up and down happy. He has been in a “serious” stage for photos for a while and the smiles we get are goofy if we get them, lol. Pooh was great with DD and let her touch him and interacted with her from a distance instead of approaching her.

Next came Eeyore and DS jumped right up for his photo…

DD on the other hand….

I have to admit that Eeyore wasn’t that great of a character interaction. I only snapped two photos and he was gone. DD was terrified of him but DS had no time with him at all. It could have been the fact that the parade was about to start. Thank goodness I knew what to do and what was coming because no one explained it to us or anyone around us either. After trying to explain it to DS very fast we ran to catch up to the parade. DD ran after us and ended up smashing into a few tables and banging her head, poor thing. She didn’t cry though, the excitement was getting her.

The characters disappeared for a while and we were able to concentrate on eating for a little while. The kids were in great moods… DS was acting a little funny and was standing up beside his chair, I ask him if he needed to potty and he said no. I should have gone right then but he rarely EVER has accidents. Next thing I know he is turning red and I realize he is pooping! OMG! He has NEVER done this before! I think he just didn’t want to miss anything, but jeez! DH ran him to the bathroom to clean up and they were back in a flash, wasn’t too bad DH said. Oh life with children!

DS wanted me to take pictures of his hands for some reason. Hey we’re in Disney why not!

Before long Tigger came back around and DS jumped up for another round of… well… JUMPING! Tigger started to approach DD and she got started to look panicked so he scooted her food toward her and she was happy. He made a relief sign on with his hand on his forehead and I cracked up!

Since we had made it through all the characters and we were all pretty stuffed we figured it was time to get a move on. Another parade was starting up as we were leaving so DH walked around with DS while DD and I waited at the door.

We were ready to get our MK on and our day was just beginning!

Next up: Tut Tut It Looks Like Rain
Old 11-19-2009, 09:17 PM   #40
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Next update on it's way!
Old 12-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #41
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Well my plans to return after the weekend turned into returning in a month! Just finished page one and am loving your TR! The ditching DH on the WL elevator cracked me up! Looks like the princess lunch was a hit. (Your Ariel was much more true to the orig than ours.) Sorry Snow White never showed up. That's a bit odd. Looking forward to reading more.

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Last edited by GreatBiscuit; 12-03-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #42
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Just made it through page 2. Glad you felt the Epcot love! Isn't evening EMH the BOMB! That Pop stop is insane though isn't it? Glad you finally scored a Pack N Play. We still have ours, even the the girls have outgrown it. It's come in hand more than once when my sisters & in-laws have brought their kids for a visit.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #43
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
Well my plans to return after the weekend turned into returning in a month! Just finished page one and am loving your TR! The ditching DH on the WL elevator cracked me up! Looks like the princess lunch was a hit. (Your Ariel was much more true to the orig than ours.) Sorry Snow White never showed up. That's a bit odd. Looking forward to reading more.
I still can't believe I did it, it is so unlike me. I guess that's what happens when WDW overwhelms you!

I have had the next update ready for a while but it took me forever to find the time to upload pictures and resize them. Thing have been so hectic with Thanksgiving and Black Friday. I was one of the crazy people who stood in line at midnight at Toys-R-Us to buy a Sleeping Beauty Vanity for 65% off. DH said I was crazy and I went alone, luckily the couple behind me were wearing WDW jackets and as I learned had just got back from vacation so the time flew talking to them of course. I will post the update in the next few minutes.

I had to add some pictures of the kids on Halloween (wow I am slow at uploading pictures) as a Princess and Buzz Lightyear. Lorelai was going to be Tinkerbell but it was just too cold out and I ran out last minute to find a princess costume for her and couldn't find a Disney Princess costume that was in the least warm. This was the last time Ethan could possibly wear his Buzz costume he barely fit in it this year.

At a zoo Halloween Party:

A bit blurry but too cute..

Trick or Treating
Old 12-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #44
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure how many photos are allowed per post so I might have to break this into two....

Even though our table had been by a window neither of us had noticed the weather outside while we ate. When we emerged from the Crystal Place we were amazed that the day had not lightened one bit and it was drizzling. This was actually great news to us! The park was still pretty empty and if we could get on most of the rides in Fantasyland with little wait our day would be perfect!

Onward to Dumbo!

Not before a Photopass stop (we ended up not getting the Photopass since we didn’t take that many photos).

Gotta add this for DH since he laughs that I took so many photos just like this of his back. But you can see my Dis homage Lime Green Mickey tag.

This was one of only two times we actually walked through the Castle, which was surprising to me since for some reason I thought you had to enter it get to the other side. It was pretty crowded so we didn’t get to look around much, but the mural is beautiful.

Our goal was to wing our touring plan since I forgot ours at home and our first ride was Dumbo of course! I remembered enough to know to ride Dumbo early or be prepared for a wait! But when we emerged from the castle DH headed to the left to Tinkerbell’s Treasures, he remembered me telling him that DD could wake Tinkerbell up possibly. Turns out now they let anyone who wants to call her do it, neat little hidden secret. DD wasn’t sure what was going on but she played along ringing the bell and calling for Tink and there she came! DD was stunned. Too bad we didn’t get any photos but it was a pretty quick process anyway!

While we were there we saw our first pressed penny machines and we let the kids make pressed pennies and DH bought them both a book to keep them in. These were a huge hit and very inexpensive! The only problem is they are slightly time consuming digging out the m&m holder and getting the change for both of them, picking the penny, changing their mind a thousand times, making the penny, putting the penny in the book. In the long run a few pennies were lost in pockets and the backpack but it will be a book to be filled over the course of our many trips to come!

Finally we were headed out toward Dumbo with minimal fights over merchandise; boy does Disney merchandise it up at DW! They sure do know how to market that is for sure. Since we had watched many of the rides on YouTube the kids already recognized a lot of them and they were very excited to ride them. By the time we made it to Dumbo it was starting to do a little more than drizzle but since it was hot out we didn’t care. I pulled out the Dollar Tree shower curtain and covered the stroller when we parked it and it covered the double stroller completely. What a fantastic idea I got from the Dis!

Dumbo was nearly empty and only had a 5 minute wait, whoohoo Pixie Dust! We jumped in line and we were the next group on. Since I had the camera here is DH and DS….

DD loved being able to control Dumbo and figured out quickly how to stay at the top. She was in heaven! As soon as we landed it was a round of “Again Again” from both of them. Since there was still no line we headed back to board and ride again, this time I gave DH the camera. DD looks so happy, she had that smile nearly the entire trip, she was on cloud 9.

After our double Dumbo we decided to leave our stroller and head over to Snow Whites Scary Adventure. I had read that it was a rated a little scary for preschoolers but our kids are very good with make believe scary as long as they don’t have to touch anything. There was a 10 minute wait if I remember right but we walked right on. DD and I ended up in a different car than DH and DS but that was fine. Neither of the kids were frightened by the ride but they never mentioned it again either, good thing since there was always a long wait every other time we passed it.
DD and I are in the back...

We grabbed the stroller and continued our tour of Fantasyland and headed to Winnie the Pooh. The kids watch Playhouse Disney but Tigger and Pooh are not their favorite show and after one failed attempt at letting them watch the original “Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh” I thought that this, like Snow White, would be a onetime ride. The wait said 5 minutes and we walked right on…

All I can say about this ride is again how amazingly simple the concept was and how perfect that makes it! Since the kids and DH had never watched the movie they didn’t know the story line but it doesn’t matter. It was an instant hit, especially the bouncing with Tigger part! Of course this meant we had to ride again… so we did.

They actually wanted to ride again but DH and I wanted to take advantage of the empty park for as long as possible and there were still many rides to go. Next up was the teacups and DH was very wary about these. He does not like to spin, I do, LOL. I offered to ride with the kids alone and let him take photos but he wanted to ride so he took DD to attempt a no-spinning teacup (DD likes to spin too) and I took DS to see how fast we could spin. We hurried to find the “right color” teacup and ended up blue and pink cups. DS loved spinning and kept yelling faster, faster.

Of course to DH’s horror the kiddos wanted to ride “again again” and we were on again with a small wait. The crowd was beginning to pick up. While waiting for the ride to begin DS began our photos of funny faces!

Since we had no touring plan I knew we had a decision to make should we head to Toontown now or head toward Tomorrowland. We decided to go ahead and ride the TSW since the wait said 20 minutes and I thought that would be the shortest of our trip. We don’t have any photos of this since it started to rain at this point, yay. Luckily we were able to stay under the umbrellas most of the time but the wait was not 20 minutes it was closer to 30-40 and neither of the kids really liked the ride.

After allowing DD to “steer” since I would not have been able to deal with her if I didn’t allow her to try she went around a corner and when the car hit the guides and it shook (pretty hard) she let me steer the rest of the way happily. She was happy to get out of the car! DH says it was pretty much the same story with DS. Needless to say when we walked by it again there was no one asking to ride it again!

DH took a picture of the raceboard (is that what it’s called?) since his favorite driver’s number was #1! Woohooo Go Tony! LOL

We were all in need of a potty break but we didn’t want to break up our serious park mojo! So far we had far surpassed our hopes for rides in less than two hours. We were blowin’ through Fantasy Land and WDW didn’t know what hit it! We ended up pulling out our trusty MK map that informed us of a restroom right across from TSW and we did a happy dance. Well DH did a potty dance, he really had to go. He had informed me of this BEFORE our longer than anticipated wait for TSW and I am sure the bumps didn’t help, LOL.

While the men were taking a potty break I decided to try out Toon Town. I figured that Pixie Hollow would already be a long wait but it was planned for priority on another day. Since the park wasn’t too crowded yet, but getting more crowded by the minute, I figured that we might be able to tour a few attractions. ToonTown here we come.

Well let me just say ToonTown is where they were keepin’ the people that day! It was packed from the moment we entered, pretty deceiving since you don’t see it until you round the corner. There was people everywhere and every parent seemed to be in charge of 52 children. Yikes! I am pretty sure we thought about turning and running but the kids had spotted Goofy’s Barnstormer and there was no turning back now!

Since DD is a tiny little thing I was convinced she was too short for the Barnstormer and was ready to ride out the fit that was going to ensue when DS got to ride and she didn’t. I left DH and DS parking the stroller and walked up to the CM at the entrance to measure DD. Wouldn’t you know she was plenty tall enough. Over an inch! I was amazed since I had measured her at home before we left and she didn’t make the cut. DH and DS finally fought the crowds and caught up to us and we began our journey in the very long queue, it goes on forever! We finally stopped right before the hill to the loading deck, surprisingly very little wait with the crowd outside the place.
We boarded and DD and I got the front row, that was when I realized just how tiny she is. Surely they made a mistake and she was too little. It felt like she was going to fly out the side of the ride but she kept trying to push my arm off of her so I finally gave up until we got going and she didn’t notice it was back (cue evil mom laugh).

Before the train had even stopped she was yelling “again again” and I could hear DS with his coruse behind me. So we made the LONG trek back to loading area to ride again, this time DD threw a fit and wanted to ride by herself. That’s right folks if you were in line behind a completely embarrassed woman trying to board Goofy's Barnstormer with her daughter all the while her daughter screamed like a banshee and pushed her away, that was me. The CM ask if she was afraid, I said “No she’s just indepent”. I finally fought myself into the seat and we were off.

Continued in NEXT POST...

Last edited by PrncessA; 12-03-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:39 PM   #45
PrncessA
DIS Veteran

We managed to pull the kids away from Goofy with promises of Minnie’s house, believe me it was not easy. We left our stroller parked and covered by the shower liner and I thanked the Dis silently again for not listening to DH and thinking it would be useless. It was raining pretty hard at this point and I was glad to be going inside with no line to stand in. Minnie’s house didn’t disappoint, even if it was a bit crowded with other parents with the same idea to get out of the rain. Since everything is so “safe” we let the kids explore and make their way through the house. The kitchen was the most crowded by far so I was a bit disappointed DD was timid about exploring it.

We strolled through Minnie’s garden and exited back out into the drizzling rain. We loaded the kids into the dry stroller and a mom next to us told us what a good idea the cover was. We pulled out the very long shades on the strollers between that and the cover the kids were completely out of the rain. DH and I thought about the ponchos but after pulling one out and it sticking to my hand with humidity we thought we were fine. LOL Next time we are investing in good ponchos and bringing umbrellas. The rain wasn’t so bad with the heat, famous last thoughts.

We made a quick swing through the Hall of Fame tent and found a 90 minute wait for Pixie Hollow so we made a few pennies and headed out of Toontown toward the exit. By the time we reached the Carosel we noticed the crowds had cleared out again and of course we should take advantage of it. Since IASW was right there with no wait we decided that was our first ride. As we passed Peter Pan we grabbed our first FP of the trip and the return time was almost immediate. We parked the stroller and joined the 10 minute wait right behind a very large church group, I am sure the wait went up.

We made it to the loading area when DS very urgently declared he needed to pee, NOW. So we boarded and walked right across to the exit and rushed to find a bathroom.

DH and DS turned to the left in a desperate search and DD and I waited at the entrance of IASW for them to return. I have to say a lot of the CM’s are attuned to the facial expressions of parents and one noticed DH was searching for a potty and told me there was one right across from us. I couldn’t for the life of me see DH although the CM pointed him out a few times. The episode ended with me sitting in Pinnochio’s waiting on DH to come back the way he went, only to figure out by cell he was back at IASW waiting on me and DD.

We reentered the queue and it was a VERY fast line this time and we boarded for our first ever ride on the Disney classic. I was beyond excited and the dancing/singing dolls did not disappoint. We placed the kids on the outside so they could take it all in and they were entranced. It became an instant favorite and we would have rode again but we wanted to make our way to the exit, but first we had a ticket to Neverland to use.

Using our first FP ever we boarded our flying boat with no wait and off we flew (on the same boat amazingly) with Peter Pan and Wendy. I am not sure why there was always such a long wait for this ride since it is one of the more boring ones IMO, but it was one of DH’s few memories from his trip 10 years ago that he liked and the kids seemed to like it as well. After we stepped out of our boat onto the moving walkway that always worried me we decided we really needed to get going. We grabbed the stroller and we had every intention on leaving as we passed by Mickey’s Philharmagic. We noticed it was a 5 minute wait and who could pass that up?

Apparently not us and we quickly parked the stroller and hurried inside straight to the queue area and grabbed our first pair of Opera Glasses and joined the couple dozen other people waiting. Within a few minutes the door lights flashed and we entered and found our seats. I am pretty sure we sat right in the middle of the theater since it wasn’t crowded. Soon we were off on an 3-D adventure with that wacky Duck, full of jewels and wind and water. It was an instant favorite of everyone, although this was the one and only time DD wore the glasses for any of the 3-D films. I think the 3-D spooked her a little, they both reached for the jewels and the pie, it was a great movie. The end with Donald in the wall was DD’s favorite part and she cracked up every time.

After depositing our glasses we decided that we absolutely needed to get back to the resort if we were going to sneak in a midday nap before meeting the head Mouse that evening. I am not sure what time it was but I am guessing it was around noon. We had got a LOT done for our first morning at MK and it was hard to let go of the fact that the crowds were low and we could probably push for a few more rides but it was comforting to know we had 3 days planned for MK.

As we were heading under the tunnel exit a CM walked up and handed us a handful of “Honorary Citizen” pins and walked away. Not the most magical way to receive them but I was excited none the less, I am easy to please. It was then I realized I had forgotten to ask at check-in for our 1st Visit pins, I know next time I will have a checklist at check in time, lol.

We headed out the turnstiles and easily found the boat launch back to the WL… if only the rest of the afternoon was that easy.

Next up: 10 Sets of Clean Towels and Sleeping at the CR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: