|11-15-2009, 07:32 AM||#1|
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Scarborough ON
What do you mean "No Dining Plan"? Review with Pics
I was at the World October 24th to October 31st. This was the first trip since February 2005 where we did NOT have some form of dining plan. For the way we eat, the DDP (or in June the DxDP) really does meet our needs. We like to sit down and eat in the cool of a restaurant at least once a day. We tend to share at counter service meals. And we all love our sweets. So why no DDP this time? Well, there are several reasons.....
1. Leftover tickets. We have tickets left from a previous trip so buying even a 1 day ticket for each of us (4 adults) would have added $320 to the cost of the trip. And since we'll probably go back to using the DDP in the future....well, we won't really need those tickets will we?
2. Off site activities. 2 of the 4 of us were spending the day at Discovery Cove and another day at Seaworld. We also planned to spend a day shopping offsite (we had a vehicle so it made it easy).
3. My mom is still recovering from a stroke and severe illness which followed it. She did great on the trip but I was unsure of her stamina. I didn't want too much that was "use or lose" for her on the trip - that would include dining credits.
4. For the first time ever, we stayed Club Level (at the CR - Atrium Club). I knew it already included breakfast, snacks and drinks so I wasn't sure if we'd want or need lots of big meals.
5. Cake - I wanted to order a cake for my Dad with the chocolate monorail on top. With a 10 inch cake in the room, would we really need or want dessert at every meal?
6. Wishes Dessert Party - same as above. I figured, you never know if they'll continue to offer it. If this is our only chance to do it, I didn't want to pass it up.
So, I did a room only and paid out of pocket for our food. Would I do it this way again? Well, I guess you'll just have to wait and see........
Cast of Characters
On to the Food...Pop Century
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Club Lounge Desserts and Breakfast
Food & Wine Festival Part 1
Food & Wine Festival Part 2
Tony's Town Square
Wishes Dessert Party
Grand Floridian Cafe lunch
Grand Floridian Cafe Dinner & Room Service
Last edited by PrincessTrisha; 12-06-2009 at 10:52 AM.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|~The NeverEnding Story:TR-Turned-Baby-Turned-Pre-TR~LINK TO NEW PRE-TR...p189||punkin413||Community Board||2824||02-15-2011 01:41 PM|
|Deluxe Digs, Delish Dining, & DISers:A Perfectly Pampered Trip for 2(Upt:8/12 pg.42)||jenjolt||Completed Trip Reports||627||08-13-2010 08:51 AM|
|Disney Dining Deluxe Doesn't Do Us In -- a week in heaven with photos||bleeps||Disney Dining Reviews||155||06-17-2010 03:40 PM|
|tips for dining with a 20mo child??||dmank||Disney for Families||19||11-15-2009 03:33 PM|
|Need some dining help||rutgers1||DVC-Mousecellaneous||10||11-15-2009 09:10 AM|