Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2009, 11:02 AM   #91
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Day 6 Part 2

October 20th - Epcot

Time to eat at home

She wasn't very cooperative in this picture

Love it!!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 11:35 AM   #92
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 6 Part 3

October 20th - Epcot

At 6pm we headed over to the fishy place and I sent Rob and Kira to get us a big table while I waited out front for B & J.

Rob texted me to tell me that Kira was hungry and getting awfully cranky so at 6:15pm I texted Brenda to tell her that we would be in the seating area eating and then I grabbed some fish and chips for us.

About 5 minutes later I went to grab some more ketchup and I spotted Brenda and Jason!

Turns out they were touring the park with another DISer (kabuki) and her hubby Jason. After hugs and introductions, we joined Rob and Kira and had us a nice little DIS meet.

We had a really great time chatting with them. It was great to see B & J again and Chelsi and Jason were two of the nicest people you could ever meet!

Brenda & Jason

Chelsi & Jason

We stayed until they kicked us out for a private function they were having and we were hoping to stroll around Epcot with them for a little bit but Kira was getting anxious and she wanted to go do some rides.

We said our good-byes and wished them tons of fun and happy times.

All 4 of them seemed to be enjoying their vacation. They are such easy going people who really know how to just relax and have fun!

After we parted ways, we walked over to Norway so Kira could do a ride. She was happy to be out of the stroller!

I love this action shot! lol This was in line at Maelstrom.

She enjoyed being on the ride, but she was still full of P & V

And she didn't want her picture taken anymore

We stopped at the kidcot station where we met a totally clueless CM! She was too busy writing someone's name over and over on a piece of paper to actually help us out so Kira took a little boat and we left.

About this time we noticed that Kira had something in her eye. Not sure what it was, just a small little black thing so after exploring Mexico and seeing Donald wreak havoc in that country, we made our way to the First Aid station.

Rob was able to remove it and we told Kira we would get her a treat for being so good.

Mommy got a treat too

Kira's treat was dripping everywhere so we had to put a bib on her, not something we did often this trip, surprisingly!

We finished our treats and walked over to Canada because we wanted to see the new Oh Canada movie.

We were happy to see that the new and improved film was MUCH better than that old crappy one!!

Rob had some nice moments while we were watching OH Canada. Kira was cuddling with him and singing a little bit. She likes to sing along to songs, even ones she doesn't know the words to

I grabbed the camera and shot a little video of them.

http://cassworld.ca/videos/ohcanada.wmv

To be continued....

Last edited by Timon; 11-10-2009 at 04:55 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #93
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 6 Part 4

October 20th - Epcot

After the movie, it was almost time for Illuminations but we knew Kira wouldn't like being really close to the water, where we normally watch it from.

We grabbed our stroller which was parked on the top level of the Canada Pavilion and I asked Rob if he wanted to watch it from there.

It was a perfect spot for us, we could see most of the show, it was far enough away for Kira and she could run around if she wanted to because there was hardly any other people around.

We enjoyed the show as did Kira and we were happy that we stayed where we did because it was rather loud from there!

Before the show started this guy who was all decked out in "Bond gear" as we called it (jump suit, climbing gear, etc.) entered a building and came out on the roof.

Rob and this guy next to him started laughing about the whole thing (it was rather mysterious and all spy-like, really!) and then they laughed even more when the guy opened up his secret work station which was located in the chimney

Hard to see but here he is on the roof...

Well during the whole show, Rob and this guy talked about his "secret mission"
and joked about this guy being a super spy.

Boys

So after the show when the guy came down, of course Rob just had to go and ask this guy just exactly what he was doing.

Turns out he was controlling the laser and parts of the show. He told him that they were laughing about all the spy stuff and that they were betting that the guy would reappear in the red phone booth after the show like Maxwell Smart

So what did Rob do????

He asked him to get in the phone booth so that he could take a picture of the guy!!

I was already down the stairs at this point

The guy was super nice and actually got in the booth!!!

On our way out we stopped near Innoventions and showed Kira the gorgeous lights embedded in the stone. She LOVED this and we let her run around for as long as she wanted.

Here is a little video of my girl enjoying the lights

http://cassworld.ca/videos/epcotlights.wmv

We took our time leaving...just enjoyed the atmosphere of Epcot at night. Kira liked walking around seeing all the lights.

We had a good day at Epcot and we were all very sleepy!
Old 11-10-2009, 12:43 PM   #94
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Quote:
So what did Rob do????

He asked him to get in the phone booth so that he could take a picture of the guy!!

I was already down the stairs at this point

The guy was super nice and actually got in the booth!!!

Old 11-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #95
GOS
Livin' for Disney holidays with great friends

Sounds like Kira enjoyed Epcot and wasn't so cranky today.

Love this picture

Heather crossing the Pond Sept 2014 9 days in WDW May 2014Disney Wonder to Hawaii 2012 travelling with my DIS friends in October 1114 days in FL - February 11Trip to California to see my US Sista - February 2010Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 24th October 2009 "Bash on the Boat" Jewel of the Seas - Cruise to Russia - 17th May 2009 Disney Magic - 15 day Repo Cruise 17th August 2008; Independence of the Seas - 4 day cruise - 2nd May 2008; Disney Magic - 7 day cruise - 20th October 2007; Dawn Princess - 10 day cruise - 21st May 2007; Disney Wonder - 11 day cruise - 15th Sept 2006; Disney Wonder - 4 day cruise - October 2005; Carnival Glory - 7 day Cruise - January 2003; Disney Magic - 7 day Halloween Cruise - October 2001; Disney Magic - 7 Day Millenium Cruise - October 2000
Old 11-10-2009, 04:45 PM   #96
cam&phoebsmom
counting down the days until our next trip...

I am really enjoying your TR-we have a little girl who will have just turned 3 when we go so it is interesting for me to see what your little one likes (like the lights). I think we may be dealing with more than one tantrum for our toddler when we go in Jan.!

Come check it out!
Pilgrims On The Move-A Thanksgiving Pre-Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2764939
Old 11-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #97
J.C.&ALI'SMOM
I really had to bite my tongue on that one
Wondering how we could get our moonshine on the plane

Loved all the photos, Cass. Looks like Kira really had a good day, and Mommy and Daddy too!

Old 11-10-2009, 08:05 PM   #98
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Quote:
Mommy got a treat too

To be continued....
why hello Cass.. thats a lovely smoothie you have there.
my names mike, but you can call me underdog.
Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Old 11-10-2009, 08:06 PM   #99
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Hey there Cass... I didn't know that they sang the Canadian National Anthem when they first open... I would have loved to have seen that (heard actually). I will keep that in mind for my January trip.

I didn't realize you spoke French as well...Does Rob? Are you teaching Kira as well?

And um... Do you make that amazing Cheese soup or have restaurants nearby that do? And ummmmm........ Can I come for dinner?

I have only been as far into Canada as Niagra Falls... so I think my only "Canadian dining" was a TGIF's shamefully.
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:10 PM   #100
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

My name is Kira and my mother is a cameraholic..... Hi Kira!

Quote:
[B]

Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
Old 11-10-2009, 09:40 PM   #101
Walt & Di
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Day 6 Part 3

October 20th - Epcot

At 6pm we headed over to the fishy place and I sent Rob and Kira to get us a big table while I waited out front for B & J.

Rob texted me to tell me that Kira was hungry and getting awfully cranky so at 6:15pm I texted Brenda to tell her that we would be in the seating area eating and then I grabbed some fish and chips for us.

About 5 minutes later I went to grab some more ketchup and I spotted Brenda and Jason!

Turns out they were touring the park with another DISer (kabuki) and her hubby Jason. After hugs and introductions, we joined Rob and Kira and had us a nice little DIS meet.

We had a really great time chatting with them. It was great to see B & J again and Chelsi and Jason were two of the nicest people you could ever meet!

Brenda & Jason

Chelsi & Jason

We stayed until they kicked us out for a private function they were having and we were hoping to stroll around Epcot with them for a little bit but Kira was getting anxious and she wanted to go do some rides.

We said our good-byes and wished them tons of fun and happy times.

All 4 of them seemed to be enjoying their vacation. They are such easy going people who really know how to just relax and have fun!

After we parted ways, we walked over to Norway so Kira could do a ride. She was happy to be out of the stroller!

I love this action shot! lol This was in line at Maelstrom.

She enjoyed being on the ride, but she was still full of P & V

We stopped at the kidcot station where we met a totally clueless CM! She was too busy writing someone's name over and over on a piece of paper to actually help us out so Kira took a little boat and we left.

About this time we noticed that Kira had something in her eye. Not sure what it was, just a small little black thing so after exploring Mexico and seeing Donald wreak havoc in that country, we made our way to the First Aid station.

Rob was able to remove it and we told Kira we would get her a treat for being so good.

Mommy got a treat too

Kira's treat was dripping everywhere so we had to put a bib on her, not something we did often this trip, surprisingly!

We finished our treats and walked over to Canada because we wanted to see the new Oh Canada movie.

We were happy to see that the new and improved film was MUCH better than that old crappy one!!

Rob had some nice moments while we were watching OH Canada. Kira was cuddling with him and singing a little bit. She likes to sing along to songs, even ones she doesn't know the words to

I grabbed the camera and shot a little video of them.

http://cassworld.ca/videos/ohcanada.wmv

To be continued....
Great pictures of everyone. Nancy is right. they sure tell a story.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:55 AM   #102
Scouter
DIS Veteran

Loving all your photos Cass
Old 11-11-2009, 09:08 AM   #103
Danadisney
Mouseketeer

I am really enjoying your trip report. Your daughter is adorable.

1991 CBR
2003 BC
April 2004 POFQ
Oct 2004 CSR
March 2005 CSR & AKL
October 2005 AKL
March 2006 CSR
December 2006 ASMu
September 2007 ASMu
December 2007 POFQ
November 2008 ASMu
Oct/Nov 2009 CBR

Old 11-11-2009, 10:22 AM   #104
LISAMWDW
DIS Veteran

Great updates!! Love the picture of her not wanting her picture taken with her hand! So funny! Love the Kira & Daddy picture on your way out of Epcot! So sweet!

Looks like you all had a fabulous day in Epcot!
**2010 DISNEYLAND
2011-ROSEN SHINGLE CREEK**2014-CORONADO & DISNEYLAND

Old 11-11-2009, 10:55 AM   #105
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOS View Post
Sounds like Kira enjoyed Epcot and wasn't so cranky today.
She had her moments, trust me But I try not to report about them unless they were really tough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam&phoebsmom View Post
I am really enjoying your TR-we have a little girl who will have just turned 3 when we go so it is interesting for me to see what your little one likes (like the lights). I think we may be dealing with more than one tantrum for our toddler when we go in Jan.!
Every kid's different but what really worked for Kira was letting her out of the stroller as often as we could

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.&ALI'SMOM View Post
Loved all the photos, Cass. Looks like Kira really had a good day, and Mommy and Daddy too!
Yes, we all had a good time in the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerneeds View Post
why hello Cass.. thats a lovely smoothie you have there.
my names mike, but you can call me underdog.
You say that to all the girls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
Hey there Cass... I didn't know that they sang the Canadian National Anthem when they first open... I would have loved to have seen that (heard actually). I will keep that in mind for my January trip.

I didn't realize you spoke French as well...Does Rob? Are you teaching Kira as well?

And um... Do you make that amazing Cheese soup or have restaurants nearby that do? And ummmmm........ Can I come for dinner?

I have only been as far into Canada as Niagra Falls... so I think my only "Canadian dining" was a TGIF's shamefully.

I didn't know about it either...I just kept wondering why no one was being seated and everyone was just standing around

I used to be bilingual but I don't speak it very often so I've lost a lot of it. Rob doesn't speak any french except for what I've taught him. We have the word "Toujours" inscribed inside of our wedding bands. As for Kira, we are sending her to a french immersion catholic school when she starts kindergarten

I have the recipe for that soup and one day I will try to make it!

Sorry to burst your bubble but TGI Friday's is an American restaurant and I think there's only a few of them in Canada. I've never been to one myself. I hate going to American restaurants here because they never have my iced tea, they only offer brewed tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
My name is Kira and my mother is a cameraholic..... Hi Kira!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt & Di View Post
Great pictures of everyone. Nancy is right. they sure tell a story.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter View Post
Loving all your photos Cass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danadisney View Post
I am really enjoying your trip report. Your daughter is adorable.
Aww thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: