Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2009, 12:54 PM   #76
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 5 Part 5

October 19th - Disney MGM Studios AKA Disney Hollywood Studios

After supper Rob wanted to take Kira on Star Tours but she was just a little short

Instead he just went shopping at Tattoine Traders while Kira and I waited. He was really sad that he couldn't take her and I told him to go alone but he didn't want to. The next time we go to WDW, the new Star Tours will be playing

Notice Kira's new stuffy???

It was almost time for Fantasmic so we walked over to Sunset Blvd. I didn't want to watch the show but Rob really wanted to take Kira so they went and found a seat while I met up with S, B & B to do some rides!

We did 2 turns on Tower of Terror which was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! (My fave ride!) and then we did one ride on Rock N Roller before I left them to meet up with Rob and Kira at the front of the park.

Turns out that Kira liked the show but she was really acting up while they waited for the show.

The park was actually still open but it had been a long day already and we decided to just go home and give Kira a bath and let her get to bed at a decent time.

It was a really good day and we got a lot done that Kira enjoyed!
Old 11-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #77
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

and about the crust. So adorable!

Oh, and this picture is just cracking me up...it's like i can read her mind and she's saying "BOOO YAH! I'm well rested and ready to give you a heck of a time today Mom and Dad!!!!"

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #78
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post

Caution: long video...needs time to buffer!

http://cassworld.ca/videos/dhs-dance.wmv

After seeing my little babe in action, I've decided to put her in dance lessons

That video is PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She looked just adorable!
Old 11-09-2009, 01:40 PM   #79
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Wow I had some reading to catch up here today.

I loved the fact that she woke up and was playing and talking to her toys! awwww... i remember those days....

But I have to say my favorite today was her dancing with the parade girls! Towards the end she turned towards the other girl they pulled up there and it looked like she was SHOWING that girl how to do it right!
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
Old 11-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #80
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Hi, Cass! Wow, you are rocking right along with this trippie, and I am loving every installment!!!

I totally agree about the rounded shower curtain rod--they make a world of difference! I can only imagine what your story with the DCL shower curtain is going to be like. We had fits with ours. As innovative as Disney is, you would think that they's be able to come up with something to fix the "sticky" shower curtain problem!!

Kira giving her Daddy the pizza crust just melted my heart...so sweet!
Old 11-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #81
LISAMWDW
DIS Veteran

Great trip report! Looks like you are having so much fun! Love the idea of leaving toys on her bed to wake up to! Your meal at Sci Fi sounds great!!!!!!
**2010 DISNEYLAND
2011-ROSEN SHINGLE CREEK**2014-CORONADO SPRINGS & DISNEYLAND

Old 11-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #82
kellyb2000
I admit it...my username is boring!

CASS! You have been my scrapbook hero for the past 9 years! My first Disney Cruise scrapbook was roughly based on your first cruise scrapbook. (imitation is the best form of flattery, right?!)

I haven't been on the DIS for a while, but got on today because we're about to go on a 3-day in December so I thought I might need to catch up on some tips. Saw a thread over there that you commented on and now here I am reading your report! LOVE IT! My work computer won't show the pictures, so I can't wait to get home and see them, and also see your latest scrapbooks.

My daughter is 2, also, and I'm very nervous about how she's going to act on the ship. I can relate to everything you have said about your daughter! Can't wait to see how yours acted on the cruise.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:54 PM   #83
kabuki
It's free if you pass out in the DITCH!
I don't think Brenda has seen this to "pimp" me out yet

Hello Cass! I am VERY late to the party but have been enjoying the trip report!
Old 11-09-2009, 06:26 PM   #84
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post

I loved the fact that she woke up and was playing and talking to her toys! awwww... i remember those days....

But I have to say my favorite today was her dancing with the parade girls! Towards the end she turned towards the other girl they pulled up there and it looked like she was SHOWING that girl how to do it right!

Susan, I agree with you! Cass, your pictures alone tell great stories.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:28 PM   #85
disgrits
DIS Veteran

Great updates, Cass! I was out of commission with sick kids, so I am only catching up now. That was a good break!

Old 11-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #86
Walt & Di
DIS Veteran

Howdy

Great job so far Cass. I love it. The Hollywood Studios parade is very loud but I enjoy it when Walt's niece is dancing in front of us. She was on vacaction this last visit so we did not enjoy it as much. Same as High School Musical. I was really bummed she wasnt there. She has the lead girl part. I would have loved to see her do it. Next time.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:38 AM   #87
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Aw Cass... she's definately going to be a Disney Dancer someday... I wonder if they have videos out for kids with the characters with dancing?

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 11-10-2009, 10:54 AM   #88
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
Go Kira go! That flexing was adorable!!!!!!!!! Looks like a great day at HS so far.
A lot of great memories that day

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Holy smokes! For some reason, I wasn't getting emails telling me when the thread had been updated. I missed lot of installments but am all caught up now. Poor Kira, maybe she was acting up because she was having Disney overload.
Glad you got all caught up now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
and about the crust. So adorable!

Oh, and this picture is just cracking me up...it's like i can read her mind and she's saying "BOOO YAH! I'm well rested and ready to give you a heck of a time today Mom and Dad!!!!"

Hahah, you are sooo right Mel, that's exactly what it looks like!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLHB70 View Post
That video is PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She looked just adorable!
I'm glad you liked it as much as I did

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post

I loved the fact that she woke up and was playing and talking to her toys! awwww... i remember those days..

Now that I think of it, she enjoys watching dancing shows with me...Dancing with the Stars and So you think you can Dance....maybe she is a little dancer at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Hi, Cass! Wow, you are rocking right along with this trippie, and I am loving every installment!!!

I totally agree about the rounded shower curtain rod--they make a world of difference! I can only imagine what your story with the DCL shower curtain is going to be like. We had fits with ours. As innovative as Disney is, you would think that they's be able to come up with something to fix the "sticky" shower curtain problem!!

Kira giving her Daddy the pizza crust just melted my heart...so sweet!
Well I am still sick so I am staying at home except for grocery runs and Kira is loving being back home with all her toys and movies so might as well get as much done before I forget all the details

Just thinking about that shower curtain is making me mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LISAMWDW View Post
Great trip report! Looks like you are having so much fun! Love the idea of leaving toys on her bed to wake up to! Your meal at Sci Fi sounds great!!!!!!
It really was an awesome meal that I will always remember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyb2000 View Post
CASS! You have been my scrapbook hero for the past 9 years! My first Disney Cruise scrapbook was roughly based on your first cruise scrapbook. (imitation is the best form of flattery, right?!)

I haven't been on the DIS for a while, but got on today because we're about to go on a 3-day in December so I thought I might need to catch up on some tips. Saw a thread over there that you commented on and now here I am reading your report! LOVE IT! My work computer won't show the pictures, so I can't wait to get home and see them, and also see your latest scrapbooks.

My daughter is 2, also, and I'm very nervous about how she's going to act on the ship. I can relate to everything you have said about your daughter! Can't wait to see how yours acted on the cruise.
Hi Kellyb!!! Of course I remember you!!! I think I got you totally addicted to scrapping Great to see you again!! I haven't been on the SB board in ages. I switched to digital scrapbooking in 2005 and haven't looked back since

When are you cruising????

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
Hello Cass! I am VERY late to the party but have been enjoying the trip report!
Fabulous to see you!!! And you are only fashionably late Just in time for our Epcot day

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
Susan, I agree with you! Cass, your pictures alone tell great stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgrits View Post
Great updates, Cass! I was out of commission with sick kids, so I am only catching up now. That was a good break!
Sorry to hear that Paige, feel better soon hun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt & Di View Post
Great job so far Cass. I love it. The Hollywood Studios parade is very loud but I enjoy it when Walt's niece is dancing in front of us. She was on vacaction this last visit so we did not enjoy it as much. Same as High School Musical. I was really bummed she wasnt there. She has the lead girl part. I would have loved to see her do it. Next time.

Yeah, it would be totally cool if you knew someone in that parade, a lot more exciting then!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Aw Cass... she's definately going to be a Disney Dancer someday... I wonder if they have videos out for kids with the characters with dancing?
Hahaha, that would be hilarious if they did!!
Old 11-10-2009, 11:20 AM   #89
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 6 Part 1

October 20th - Epcot

After a good rest, Kira was in good spirits this morning. Here she is playing with her new Princess pin and lanyard that her Uncle Sean and Auntie Bernie bought her!

We drove to Epcot a little after 9 and the lines were ridiculous!! In my opinion, they need to open up way more turn styles in the morning and have more bag checkers!

We got in the shortest line we could find, which was still about 10 people deep and it took forever!!!!!!!!!

We stopped for pictures at Spaceship Earth and Kira was a little poser for us

We stopped to show her our Leave a Legacy photo. She loved seeing her mommy and daddy!

Just then we spotted Stitch all by himself!

Then we saw Daisy so we got in line. Rob put on some sunscreen and Kira helped him

She really liked all the characters!

It was weird not going left towards Test Track and Mission:Space

We went right and headed for Living Seas to Ride the Nemo ride.

Here she is in her clamshell

We let her run for a bit in The Living Seas area but she had no interest in seeing any fish.

We then attempted to see the Character Spot but the line was ridiculous and she had already seen all those characters.

It was time for a fruit break so we found a wonderfully quiet spot near the Segway Room and just chilled out for awhile. She liked it because she could run around and be silly!

We still had time to kill before our ADR time at Le Cellier so we went to the Land Pavilion and rode the Living with the Land. Another first for us. It was a nice little boat ride that Kira enjoyed so it was all good!

She loved spotting all the birds in the parks

We had time for one more ride so we went and rode Journey into Your Imagination and she loved seeing Figment. We have some magnets and a little stuffy of Figment at home so she already knew who he was.

There was one spot on the ride that she didn't like because out of nowhere the wind blew right at her face but other than that, she loved the ride and I bought her a Figment of her own that day.

Time for lunch!!

To be continued....

Last edited by Timon; 11-10-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #90
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 6 Part 2

October 20th - Epcot

Time to eat at home

She wasn't very cooperative in this picture

We got there just before the restaurant opened for the day which was cool because all the servers got together and they sang our national anthem.

I have to admit though, it was confusing because 2 of them sang it in french and the rest sang it in english and since I speak both languages, I found myself flipping from english to french

Our fantastic server Spencer took care of us for lunch! He was a really great server, personable, fast, efficient and funny too!

I went to take a picture of my girl and he ducked into the shot

Kira was in a pretty good mood and did well for the most part but I was still missing Bailey

Lunch was fabulous, Kira ate almost as much as Rob and we were all happy and full!

We stopped at the Canada Kidcot station where Kira made a mask with her daddy's help.

Since we were going to be there for Illuminations, we decided to go back to the condo and take a nice nap break.

We stopped at Mousegear on the way out and she tried on a few hats and admired herself in the mirror

She was getting a little cranky before we left....thank goodness we were leaving!

We were going to leave Spaceship Earth for when we got back but it was walk-on so we decided to do one last thing! I know, I know...I said we were going about an hour ago

Turns out we should have left it for later because somebody came off the ride super duper cranky!!!!!!!!!!!

And it wasn't Kira

Wasn't me either

Yup, my normally happy-go-lucky husband was crankiness personified!

Apparently when he went to pick his language at the beginning of the ride, instead of playing the English version, it played the Spanish version so by the time the ride was over he was super grumpy! Well, actually he was grumpy ON the ride, which made it hard to enjoy my English version

Oh well, now I got 2 grumpy people to get back to the condo for a break!

I think both Kira and I had a little sleep while Rob did some work and surfing and then we came back to Epcot.

We were supposed to meet up with Brenda and Jason (oybolshoi) at 6pm for some fish and chips at Yorkshire County Fish Shop so we had a little time to kill.

We let Kira run around in England for a bit.

To be continued...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: