Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #1486
dlwharp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Oh, we must have video of this
I agree - Waldo doing Queen is a Must-see! (I love Waldo just from his pictures - don't tell TE)

Quote:
BAck at work today. Off to morrow for an eye doctor appointment and then off on Wednesday for Veteran's day. Nice short week
Well, that's good - you've got to ease back in

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
As for me, the muscle relaxant is definitely helping. It's too strong to take any other time but before bed, but each day my neck and shoulders are a little less tight and the headaches are nearly gone.
Well, it's something to look forward to I'm glad it's working!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
I'm really in a funk lately and just can't seem to shake this.
Many for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Good Morning Fockers I am stuch home a my car is alo in the shop !! I took it to et the miror replac and f course tey found ore things but as they are covered uner my wrrany I ight as well get them done !!
Definitely! Get everything that's due you! I hope it gets fixed quickly for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Jess wanted a cook book by Nigella Lawson (know her?) it's a sign of growing up isn't it
I love Nigella - I have a number of her books. Yes, quite a grown-up present!

-----------------
Hope everyone had a nice weekend, I wound up being busier than I expected! I'm stopping by our newly revamped Wal-Mart on the way home. It was closed for over a year, I'm not sure what they did to it that took that long, but we'll see. A bulb went in my (very ancient) make-up mirror and I need to replace it and I figured I could get it there. I hope they still make the bulbs for it, the thing's got to be going on 30 years old!
2003 - Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Magic 2004 - SSR/Disney Magic 2006 & 2007 - Old Key West 2008 - DVC Member Cruise/Boardwalk 2009 - AKL/SSR
January 2010 - Disney Cruise / August 2010 - AKL/Old Key West /
December 2010-Boardwalk / September 2011-AKL-DVC Member Cruise-Boardwalk/ October 2013-AKL-Disney Dream-Beach Club
Old 11-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #1487
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

Happy Monday Everyone!

ROSIE played hookie from work on Sat. She said the girls did come in first at the competition, but overall another team one and gets to go to WDW. That’s it until late summer.
Hi Rosie! Did you get a good hookie day?

T had some alone time on Sat. She rocked ‘til her hand hurt. It’s too cold to do DLR @ 65. Waldo haas been singing some ‘Queen’.

That would be a good one for the doctor. ‘Yeah, like I was so totally into my guitar solo on my kids lego game, that I like think I sprained my thumb! Bummer!’
It’s been in the 70s here during the day. So unlike November for us.

JANET got all decorated and did soccer this weekend.

TE has been fighting a headache. Ab said Dirty Dancing was too dirty.
I don't remember what it was rated. If I saw it at the theater it had to be at the most rated R. I would have been a, uh-hum, teen then.

CE had to put a meal on hold for wine. Wedding photos, post #1448
I agree, everyone looks fantastic. You did right by picking that dress.

KAT is back and has her TR going. She promises a real doozy!!! She is unpacking and has a leaky ear?
Welcome back. I ran right over and signed in on your TR! You've probably got an infection from water in your ear. I had to get penicillin for it when I was younger.

JO was DIYing.
Make sure you read that right. She was filling holes in her walls not going to God.

LORI is studying Med. Terms and anatomy. She can’t get cranked up for Thankgiving.
How did I end up with a bunch of super-smart people? I think you just need a break.

ANGELA had pumpkin pancakes left over yesterday. She has the face of a listener.

Gosh those sound good. If I lived within a few miles I would have been there!

MO checked in. She is leaving in 18 days. Murph is a little better.

Good to hear Murph is doing well.

V says the muscle relaxant is working. No H1N1 vac. available in her area.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I did laundry. I did some sewing. Well, I guess you can call it that. Patching some things. I did finances. Doug is spending too much. I copied some recipes on the computer to print on cards later. I came here to talk. That's it so far.

I need to call WDW. I haven't received my resort booklet. I'll do that in the morning before shopping. I need to send some e-mails to a couple of people. I need to clean my house. I need a vacation!

We are having coney dogs and some vegetables tonight. Some scalloped potatoes too. I was going to fry up fries but someone ate them all.

Take care!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2009, 03:56 PM   #1488
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
Oh, we must have video of this
I can't do it... I can't stop laughing long enough to get a good video!

Quote:
BAck at work today. Off to morrow for an eye doctor appointment and then off on Wednesday for Veteran's day. Nice short wee
Good luck tomorrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
As for me, the muscle relaxant is definitely helping. It's too strong to take any other time but before bed, but each day my neck and shoulders are a little less tight and the headaches are nearly gone.
Muscle relaxers are good.
Quote:
I'm really in a funk lately and just can't seem to shake this. Seeing that T-giving is in 18 (well, what 17 or 16 now) doesn't help either. I think I'm just stressing of having to send the kids away for the holiday. I get like this everytime and I know I'm worrying and stressing over nothing. I just wish it was here and over with already.

Quote:
Good Morning Fockers I am stuch home a my car is alo in the shop !! I took it to et the miror replac and f course tey found ore things but as they are covered uner my wrrany I ight as well get them done !!
Well that's good, then, right?
Quote:
Calling all the Fockers that love to cook/bake. I need an easy but good Apple Recipe. Anyone
Sorry Janet, but Costco has the best... better than anything I've baked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
Kat, your Orlando based pharmacist says your ear could be serious and you need to get it checked out.
I agree, Kat.
Quote:
Went shopping this morning and managed to buy a few pressies for the girls, Jess wanted a cook book by Nigella Lawson (know her?) it's a sign of growing up isn't it
I've seen her on FoodNetwork. Your baby is growing up, Jo.

Thought I quoted Denise. Anyway, Hi Denise.

Gotta run and pick up Mads and head to the Post Office.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #1489
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Car is all better !! But I have another expense that DRAMA was !!!!!Went to K MART to pick up layaways !!! Man that store is so badly managed !! Huge line for layaway !! Hello managers this is the holiday season !!!! 1 poor girl working and of course each one in line had something messed up!! The manager walked past trying to be oblivious to the line which he had to see !!So this sweet little old lady says "Excuse ME .. you need to get some helpover here !!"" I was warmly thanked by all in line and help arrived and sped things up immensely!!If only WalMart still did layaway!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 11-09-2009, 05:46 PM   #1490
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Hey Fockers!

I had such a great day which is unusual as usually Monday's are the worst for multiple reasons.

I started off the morning by booking a cruise for May 2011 on the Disney Dream! I am so excited! It is going to be a surprise for Mom. I can't decide if I should tell her at Christmas, Mother's Day or her birthday in October. I'll probably go for Christmas, it is hard for me to keep a secret! I booked an inside cabin on the 5-night cruise with two stops at Castaway Cay and a day in Nassau, Bahamas and one sea day. The price was only $1500 for the two of us. Not bad, I thought for sure the prices would be jacked up super high for this new ship. Don't mention anything about this new cruise on my TR as it is after all a secret and Mom reads the TR and all the comments.

Then my super boring (Critical Thinking and Ethics) 8:30 class which is usually two hours was out early.

I got my Math midterm mark back and I got 100%!

My afternoon two-hour class was only an hour long and all we did was get our papers back on which I also got 100%.

Then for dinner I had some super yummy smoked cheddar mac and cheese.

Overall a fantastic day! Now I have a trip report update to write and a Biology test to study for.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:15 PM   #1491
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

MUM is the word Lessa !!Pun intended !!!
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Old 11-09-2009, 06:52 PM   #1492
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Hey, all, just read and caught up. I had a pretty good first day, though it was very slow with only 3 classes scheduled for today. Tomorrow is much busier, but my co-chair is much worse and so I stressed most of the day about who could work it with both of us gone. Several people came through, so I feel pretty good about it now. The chair from last year is in all afternoon, so I feel like I'm leaving it in good (way better than my) hands!

I am better organized for set-up tomorrow than I was for today, and so things are good. I'm wiped out though - maybe I shouldn't be trying to sub, because being there all day killed me. Though, I think it was more to do with stress. Also, I didn't sleep well at all and so...

I think I'll sleep tonight.

Of course, now I'm starting to get nervous about the tennis match, which is the reason I have to leave.

D just took the kids up to bed, I'm thinking of pretty much crashing, though I need to get everything ready for the morning that I can (like gathering my tennis gear, etc.) as I pushed it with getting set up this morning and would like to leave the house 10 minutes earlier tomorrow. Although, since we took down "smarter" today than I did by myself on Friday, I may not need as much time.

Sorry, I think I'm rambling about nothing too interesting... Have a great night everyone! I won't be on until definitely after 7:30 tomorrow night, so have a good Tuesday, too.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #1493
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have found a job if only I could parlay it into actually making money. Whilst at Khols and Publix two nice elderly ladies started talking to me and telling me all about their lives. Apparently I look like a nice lady. Little do they know! But I would happily walk around stores or wherever and listen to people talk.
You could become a personal shopper

Quote:
Me too !! Could we form a corporation!!!!

Quote:
Absolutely! You'll be the northern division and I'll be the southern. And probably our clients will summer there and winter here, so we can both work for them

Quote:
Went shopping this morning and managed to buy a few pressies for the girls, Jess wanted a cook book by Nigella Lawson (know her?) it's a sign of growing up isn't it Then we went for a walk this afternoon and stopped at the vets to get Boo some worming tablets, we have an exciting life huh : And that was my day
You're babay is growing up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwharp View Post
Well, that's good - you've got to ease back in

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
I did laundry. I did some sewing. Well, I guess you can call it that. Patching some things. I did finances. Doug is spending too much. I copied some recipes on the computer to print on cards later. I came here to talk. That's it so far.
Productive

Quote:
I need to call WDW. I haven't received my resort booklet. I'll do that in the morning before shopping. I need to send some e-mails to a couple of people. I need to clean my house. I need a vacation!
Resort booklet Never got one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
I can't do it... I can't stop laughing long enough to get a good video!
Make Andy do it

Good luck tomorrow!

Quote:
Sorry Janet, but Costco has the best... better than anything I've baked.
That's what I would normally due, but Jim has decided HE wants to bake an Apple Pie

Quote:
So this sweet little old lady says "Excuse ME .. you need to get some helpover here !!"" I was warmly thanked by all in line and help arrived and sped things up immensely!!If only WalMart still did layaway!!!!
Go Rosie

Quote:
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
I started off the morning by booking a cruise for May 2011 on the Disney Dream! I am so excited! It is going to be a surprise for Mom. I can't decide if I should tell her at Christmas, Mother's Day or her birthday in October. I'll probably go for Christmas, it is hard for me to keep a secret! I booked an inside cabin on the 5-night cruise with two stops at Castaway Cay and a day in Nassau, Bahamas and one sea day. The price was only $1500 for the two of us. Not bad, I thought for sure the prices would be jacked up super high for this new ship. Don't mention anything about this new cruise on my TR as it is after all a secret and Mom reads the TR and all the comments.
That's awesome Lessa!

Quote:
I got my Math midterm mark back and I got 100%!
Congrats

Quote:
My afternoon two-hour class was only an hour long and all we did was get our papers back on which I also got 100%.
Congrats again!

=========================

Home from work.

Homework done - Finished the turkey project. Had a picture of a turkey and we had to disguise it so that it won't get caught for Thanksgiving...it apparently has something to do with the story they are reading this week Jimmy and Jim also started on his science fair project. His topic is sharks.

Dinner done- Left over chicken sandwiches!

Just hanging out until it is bath and bed time.

Jimmy got a certificate in school today becasue he has read 60 books so far in the 100 book challenge. He is the only one at 60

I have my eye doctor appointment tomorrow at 9:15. Then I have a meeting at Jimmy's school for the Home and School committee that I am on. I am the chairperson for purchasing Smartboards and we are meeting with the principal to determine how many we need, etc. Then I have to go to the laundry mat to wash my comforter..it's too big for my washer. After school we will pick Jimmy up and take him to the library.

So much an easy day

I'll probably check back later to see if anyone is around!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 11-09-2009, 08:00 PM   #1494
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Janet.

Quote:
I have found a job if only I could parlay it into actually making money. Whilst at Khols and Publix two nice elderly ladies started talking to me and telling me all about their lives. Apparently I look like a nice lady. Little do they know! But I would happily walk around stores or wherever and listen to people talk.
That would be a GREAT job.

Quote:
VWent shopping this morning and managed to buy a few pressies for the girls, Jess wanted a cook book by Nigella Lawson (know her?) it's a sign of growing up isn't it
Awww...she's growing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwharp View Post
Many for you!
Thanks Denise.

Quote:
LORI is studying Med. Terms and anatomy. She can’t get cranked up for Thankgiving.
How did I end up with a bunch of super-smart people? I think you just need a break.
[COLOR="black"]
Thanks Kristal. I think your right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristal
We are having coney dogs and some vegetables tonight. Some scalloped potatoes too. I was going to fry up fries but someone ate them all.
That sounds really good!

Quote:
Thanks T.

Quote:
The manager walked past trying to be oblivious to the line which he had to see !!So this sweet little old lady says "Excuse ME .. you need to get some helpover here !!"" I was warmly thanked by all in line and help arrived and sped things up immensely!!If only WalMart still did layaway!!!!
At least you were able to get some help in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post

Overall a fantastic day! Now I have a trip report update to write and a Biology test to study for.
Awesome news on the cruise and all the school work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Hey, all, just read and caught up. I had a pretty good first day, though it was very slow with only 3 classes scheduled for today. Tomorrow is much busier, but my co-chair is much worse and so I stressed most of the day about who could work it with both of us gone. Several people came through, so I feel pretty good about it now. The chair from last year is in all afternoon, so I feel like I'm leaving it in good (way better than my) hands!
Hope you can take it easy next week!

Quote:
Jimmy got a certificate in school today becasue he has read 60 books so far in the 100 book challenge. He is the only one at 60
WTG Jimmy! Good Luck with the eye doc tomorrow.

I went to class this afternoon and then did some shopping for myself. I bought 2 new pair of jeans and a few new tops. There are a few other things I want to get but will go back in the next couple of weeks when they go on sale.

That kind of pulled me outta my funk that I was in. Shopping truly is one of my happy places.

Now I'm off to finsih my homework, study and watch the Steelers play.

Have a good night everyone!

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
Old 11-09-2009, 08:14 PM   #1495
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey, all, just read and caught up. I had a pretty good first day, though it was very slow with only 3 classes scheduled for today.
See, you stressed for nothing

Quote:
- maybe I shouldn't be trying to sub, because being there all day killed me.
But you didn't have anything to do while you were there but sit and wait. If you sub you will be busy!

Quote:
Sorry, I think I'm rambling about nothing too interesting...
Nonsense!

Quote:
WTG Jimmy! Good Luck with the eye doc tomorrow.
Thanks and thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori
That kind of pulled me outta my funk that I was in. Shopping truly is one of my happy places.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #1496
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
See, you stressed for nothing

But you didn't have anything to do while you were there but sit and wait. If you sub you will be busy!
Both points are true. And truly, it's not that bad. I really think it was the not sleeping that is making me tired. And I do think I'll sleep tonight. And I feel so much better with more volunteers.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:44 AM   #1497
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Wow! I'm first today I'm home. I have to leave for the doctor in about 45 minutes. After my appointment I have the meeting at school. Not sure if I will get to the luandry mat or not, but we really need the comforter washed.

Leftover Tacos for dinner tonight

Hope everyone has great Tuesday!

Old 11-10-2009, 07:05 AM   #1498
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Morning All!!

Angela we need to think of a name for our Corporation

Well work is calling !! Chat tonite!!!
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 11-10-2009, 07:33 AM   #1499
MsDisney23
Has cabin fever-induced dreams of the Texas Roadhouse wings
Former female construction worker
Making medical history
Should have married all 7 dwarfs!

Quote:
Morning All!!

Angela we need to think of a name for our Corporation

Well work is calling !! Chat tonite!!!
Hi Rose,

How ya doin'. Should we tell everyone about the "thong lady" at POP..... Are you going back in 2010. Great meeting ya this year!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:33 AM   #1500
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Morning! Nothing to report; no time to quote. All is well.
Bye!

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: