Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #271
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocko View Post
What a great day!

And I agree with a previous poster...that B&W castle picture is spectacular. Great work!!
It was great! Thanks so much. It's one of my favorites

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 11-09-2009, 03:25 PM   #272
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Day 3: Disney's Hollywood Studios

When I last left you, we had just finished up a fabulous first day at Disney World, and I’d gone to sleep with visions of my hubby and me in front of the castle.

When “Be Our Guest”* went off at 7:06 (I don’t do 5s or 0s when it comes to waking up…), we were ready to hop up and get ready for our day in our favorite park: Disney’s Hollywood Studios!!!

*Let me also say that I was soooo happy when I heard “Be Our Guest”! Beauty and the Beast is my all-time favorite Disney Movie, and I was just all warm and fuzzy inside to know that my hubby thought to play it on our DHS day.

Anyway…I’m pretty sure I ate some cereal, but I don’t really remember. Oh—and it didn’t smell quite as bad on our balcony, but I still wasn’t eating out there!

I wanted to get a picture of us in the lobby so that you could see my hair down before we got to the park (since the day before, I put it up on the bus).

We left for the bus stop at 7:55, and our bus pulled up at 7:58. It was nearly empty!

Yay!!! We’re going to our favorite Disney Park!

By 8:08, we saw this:

Woo-Hoo!

We were the first people in line at our turnstile. We occupied ourselves by taking pictures. “What do you see in front of you, Michael? Is that right—no one? Just an empty Hollywood Studios?”

“You’d better practice scanning your finger!”

“What is it, Staci? Yay! Your favorite park!”

A nice CM saw us taking pictures of ourselves and offered to take one for us.

I love this shot. It feels like something out of an old-timey magazine. Aaahh.

I think the detail is our favorite thing about Disney World. We love how everything is themed and how it all goes together so perfectly. And nothing beats an empty park for detail-capturing!

After a while, the lines started to fill up, and a CM from the American Idol Experience had a film crew capturing different crowd shots for later in the day. It was hilarious. He had us doing all of these different things with our hands and saying different things all-together. He would also pick some people from the lines and have them do different things. He picked this family close to us to dance for the camera. It was so funny! The oldest boy just stood there the whole time. We think one of our friends would absolutely LOVE to have this job!

Finally, it was time to enter the park!! Since we were the first in our turnstile (and my ticket didn’t act up this day) we were in the front at Rope Drop as well! Soon after we got to the rope, I heard someone say my name. It was Jenny (jenny105) and Joe! We officially introduced ourselves, and then asked someone to snap our picture.

How fun that we got to meet each other?! Jenny and Joe were chosen to be the “Opening Family” and they got to be a part of the rope drop show. We chatted for a while, and then they had to go get their instructions.

I just LOVE this shot. It’s the epitome of Hollywood Studios.

We don’t have anyone in front of us (well, except Jenny, Joe and the CM).

Continued

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2009, 03:29 PM   #273
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Day 3: Disney's Hollywood Studios (cont)

Continued from previous

Before long, the opening show started! This lady was great. I just love how dramatic she was.

Jenny and Joe got into the carriage

And the “Movie Director” came out and told us our “roles”

I really like how they do special little things at rope drop every day. It’s like a little “congratulations” for getting up early and “we’re so happy you’re here!”

We walked with the masses to Toy Story Mania (it doesn’t look like masses here, but I assure you, they were behind us!)

Michael got in line for a Fast Pass (for later), and I stood near the queue entrance to wait (out of the way) for him

I snapped these while I was waiting

We could not wait for this ride!!! We’d heard such great things about it, and we knew we would love it. When we got in, there weren’t even people in this part (or is it the FP entrance?).

I love this queue area! How fun would it have been to make it? I didn’t get a lot of great pictures because we were walking pretty fast through it. But here are some that I snapped while walking.

“For the MONKEYS, of course!”

Ah, Tinker Toys. I loved these when I was little.

How cool is he?! Technology and innovation just keep getting better and better!

AAAHHH!!! We’re almost there!

See all the empty car things coming through? No one had been on them yet!

This place is just so fun. I think it could even make a grumpy old man smile!

It’s our turn! (oh--and Michael is making a "game face")

OH MY GOODNESS! We loved this ride! I was blown away by the interactiveness of it all. And it’s just so much FUN. Michael kicked my booty, but I didn’t even care. I had so much fun! (I did realize that my problem was aiming—I wanted to aim instead of just shooting.)

With our first ride of the day experienced, we decided to head over to Sunset Boulevard. But not without some Photopass Pictures!

What a great start to our second day in the parks! Let me just tell you…this day is awesome!

Up Next:

A first for me (which became my favorite ride at Disney World)
Space Travel
“I don’t care that you think I’m like Miss Piggy!”
HUGE lunch

Old 11-09-2009, 03:32 PM   #274
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Wow, gotta love empty parks!

I love that shot too!
Old 11-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #275
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

AMAZING shots of DHS empty!! I love that sepia one too.

I'm so excited for TSM! I have been practicing hard on our Wii version so I know how to score us some bonus points!!

I love the pic of Michael's "game face"!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge
Old 11-09-2009, 04:36 PM   #276
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

AWESOME update Haha I was laughing so hard at your DH carefully scanning his finger to get in..you two are so funny!!

SO cool you were one of the firsts in line for TS!! I am looking forward to finally riding it in January I learned the hard way to go right to it after the park opens. I am hoping to be as early as you two were!

The pic with the balloons is priceless. It totally looks real! I am sooo curious to see where you ate like a "Piggy" hehe. Great job---cant wait to read the rest!!
Old 11-09-2009, 05:03 PM   #277
hkrox
If you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come trueHello Kitty is AWESOME
Love the life you live, Live the life you love

Sounds like a great start to the day. Empty parks are the best. It's so worth getting up early for. Toy Story Mania is such a fun ride. When I was there I waited hours for that. But it's so worth it. Can't wait to hear more about your day!

The Place Where Your Dreams Come True
Old 11-09-2009, 05:58 PM   #278
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

HS has become my favorite too! I love the theming and even tho I've been there three times, I still haven't experienced everything. Can't wait to go back next year! You guys are having so much fun

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 11-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #279
PrincessDreamer
Let's watch a Disney movie!

Hey, I found your trip report, you two are an absolutely adorable couple! Also, Hollywood Studios is my favorite park too, it's looks like you had so much fun. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to read more!
Old 11-09-2009, 06:28 PM   #280
NMW
DIS Veteran

subscribing
Old 11-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #281
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post

Do you see the Hidden Mickey?? Madison has pointed it out to my DH and I each time we've gone on this ride!

Anyways...what a wonderful start to the morning. There is nothing like a ride on TSMM to get your DHS day going! I love the empty pics while you were waiting at the turnstiles. We're always rope drop people, but we've never been at the front of those lines. I will be someday though. Just you wait! DHS isn't my favorite park, but I do love all of it's little details. I love old Hollywood!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 11-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #282
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
Yes, you have. Thanks! YAY! I'm glad you're enjoying it. Oh goodness--you are going to LOVE AKV! Are you staying at Jambo House or Kidani Village? Haha! Yep. You got it!
We're staying at Kidani I can't waittttt only 20 more days!

I'm impressed at how early you guys made it to DHS! Isn't the TSM queue just the best? It's so fun in there it almost makes me wanna wait on the regular line for a little while LOL

That "old time" looking picture is amazing!
10-11/12- DISNEYMOON! @ SSR (BECAME DVC MEMBERS!)~~7-8/13- BWV~~10-13- Pop (1st Anniversary!)~~1/14- AKL & POR (Marathon Weekend!)

Old 11-10-2009, 09:09 AM   #283
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Wow, gotta love empty parks!

I love that shot too!
Aren't they the greatest?! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
AMAZING shots of DHS empty!! I love that sepia one too.

I'm so excited for TSM! I have been practicing hard on our Wii version so I know how to score us some bonus points!!

I love the pic of Michael's "game face"!
Thank you! It was fun being up there so we could take them. Woo-Hoo!! I know you'll just love it (and blow my score out of the water!) Yeah, he's a goof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
AWESOME update Haha I was laughing so hard at your DH carefully scanning his finger to get in..you two are so funny!!

SO cool you were one of the firsts in line for TS!! I am looking forward to finally riding it in January I learned the hard way to go right to it after the park opens. I am hoping to be as early as you two were!

The pic with the balloons is priceless. It totally looks real! I am sooo curious to see where you ate like a "Piggy" hehe. Great job---cant wait to read the rest!!
Thanks! Yeah, we entertain ourselves You will LOVE it!! It's so great. We were VERY happy that we chose to get up a little earlier every morning so we could be some of the first people there. It just doesn't get any better than being up next to the rope at rope drop Thanks! Did you know you can just ask all of the photopass people if they have any "magic shots"? Some of them are really neat! Haha--I did EAT like a Piggy, but he was actually talking about my attitude when he said that

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkrox View Post
Sounds like a great start to the day. Empty parks are the best. It's so worth getting up early for. Toy Story Mania is such a fun ride. When I was there I waited hours for that. But it's so worth it. Can't wait to hear more about your day!
It was a perfect start!! Oh, I know. We're completely convinced that rope drops are the only way to go. Oh wow! I don't think we'd wait hours for anything...but it was INCREDIBLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
HS has become my favorite too! I love the theming and even tho I've been there three times, I still haven't experienced everything. Can't wait to go back next year! You guys are having so much fun
Woo-Hoo! I'm glad you love HS too! I know--there's just SO much to experience. But I love that about Disney...you can go time after time after time and never see everything. Yes, we were!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDreamer View Post
Hey, I found your trip report, you two are an absolutely adorable couple! Also, Hollywood Studios is my favorite park too, it's looks like you had so much fun. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to read more!
Hi! Thank you so much for reading! Aw, thanks. YAY! Isn't it just so great?! We love everything there! Thank you--I'll have more sometime this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMW View Post
subscribing
Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Do you see the Hidden Mickey?? Madison has pointed it out to my DH and I each time we've gone on this ride!

Anyways...what a wonderful start to the morning. There is nothing like a ride on TSMM to get your DHS day going! I love the empty pics while you were waiting at the turnstiles. We're always rope drop people, but we've never been at the front of those lines. I will be someday though. Just you wait! DHS isn't my favorite park, but I do love all of it's little details. I love old Hollywood!
Oh wow! I didn't see it, but I do now! Thanks! I'll have to show Michael. I know--it was an incredible start to the day!! Thank you. You need to get there really early one of these days. It's worth it. If you were going to choose one park to get there really early for, I'd make it DHS or AK. They have the best pre-shows that are next to a rope (MK is AWESOME but everyone just crowds in anyway). I wish life was still like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
We're staying at Kidani I can't waittttt only 20 more days!

I'm impressed at how early you guys made it to DHS! Isn't the TSM queue just the best? It's so fun in there it almost makes me wanna wait on the regular line for a little while LOL

That "old time" looking picture is amazing!
YAY!!! That is so exciting that you only have 20 days left!! You will love it. We visited Kidani Village one day and I'll post our pics from there. It's really pretty--but you need to visit Jambo House too because it's completely different. Well, we're used to waking up at 6:30 every morning, so it was sleeping in to wake up at 7. We loved being there early every day! YES--it's so creative. Yeah, then my pics wouldn't be so blurry

Old 11-10-2009, 09:32 AM   #284
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Wow, Staci--your night at Magic Kingdom was great! I loved your castle pics. I think the fall decorations around are so pretty!

Ahh--I wish we could be 'rope drop' people! All that empty park in front of you...

Isn't TSM the greatest? I love it, too!

Can't wait for more!
2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West
Old 11-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #285
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Staci!! We are like twins...DHS is my favorite park (and I'm hoping your favorite ride is the same as my favorite ride!) and I also NEVER set alarms at 0's or 5's! Last week it was set at 5:38 and then I decided that was too early and now its at 5:43!! (yeah...5 minutes later! ) I have never met anyone else who does that!!

Also, I was going way more for accuracy too than shooting. Actually I was a spaz who kept going between both. And I must say, even though you technically lost, I don't recall ever seeing anyone with accuracy that high!!

I can't wait to see more!! Man, you just made me wish I could go on TSM RIGHT NOW!! I had a dream about it the other night...true story.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: