Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2009, 12:20 AM   #421
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Casey's.....drool. How I love thee my little nuggets of golden corn!

And, yay! You've made it into the park!! :
They are so good that my sweet little daughter chose to nibble on these, rather than ice cream from the parlor, as we watched the kiss goodnight. Tasty little numbers, those are.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #422
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Casey's.....drool. How I love thee my little nuggets of golden corn!

Quote:
And, yay! You've made it into the park!! :
Yes! And very soon, we'll be diving even further in!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
They are so good that my sweet little daughter chose to nibble on these, rather than ice cream from the parlor, as we watched the kiss goodnight. Tasty little numbers, those are.
Aw, that's a sweet memory.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #423
TarzansKat

A Pirate's Life Is a Wonderful Life, A Rovin' Over the Sea...

Well, duh. Of course we headed to Adventureland and Pirates of the Caribbean. I mean, seriously. Who do you think we are?

Not only was it fitting for that to be our first ride of the trip, it was also a fitting place to meet our DIS friend.

Who shall be introduced momentarily.

After I annoy you by posting a whole bunch of pictures first and prolonging the moment of anticipation to the point where you want to unsubscribe but you just know you can't because you have to see who it is!!!! MWA HA HA!!!!

-We'll be seeing you later...part two.-

-Does anyone else besides me find it a little disturbing that the telescope is coming out of his eye socket???-

Anyway, Tink and I had some fun taking some photos on our walk over to Adventureland, and of course, in front of the Pirates ride. I just want to take a moment here to tell you how at home I feel in this particular part of the park. And I mean this in all seriousness. With music playing in the background from the POTC soundtracks, with possible Jack Sparrow sightings at the Pirate Tutorials, and with all of the pirate decor, feel, magic in the air...well, it's just...wonderful. I get that same feeling by staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort, except different. There it's more relaxed, and here it's more exciting! You're in the Magic Kingdom, you're about to go on Pirates, as soon as you find....

that's right! It's LEGOMOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm not sure preciesly how this came about. Sort of that Tink and I knew at the time LegoMom was living in Florida, and that we really enjoyed her brand of wit and charm, and hey, maybe she would like to join us for a day on our trip. Also, that I had a teensy tiny DIS meet with her on my Pirate's Life for Three trip, and quite frankly, while enjoyable, it was so NOT enough.

And let me tell you, there was no one more accomodating, more, I'm just along on your ride, more, do what you like and I'll follow than our dear LegoMom. But more on that later.

I was so excited to meet her! I mean, I'd already met her, but I was excited to meet her and get to spend some time with her in the happiest place on earth! Big hugs were exchanged all around, and we were laughing and chatting like old friends in no time.

I always worry when I meet new people. Even though I'm pretty much a social butterfly, it's in my Libran nature to want everyone to be happy, to constantly strive for the balance in the conversation, to make sure there are no awkward pauses.

That wasn't necessary at all. We fell into our own little Magic Kingdom routine like we'd done it all before. And well, we had, but never together. And that made this day really special and unique to me. It was the first time in many, many, many years that I'd gone to the Magic Kingdom with girlfriends.

Not a family member in sight. And though I love them dearly, let me tell you...it was kind of nice.

Without further ado, it was time to go ride Pirates!

But not without a little fun in the process. There was no line, so we enjoyed a leisurely stroll through the queue. At which point I instructed Tink and LegoMom to give me their best pirate ARRRRRRR!!!! and I snapped a couple of shots.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post those here. Suffice it to say, they're really funny, with the serious backdrop of the queue and the weird faces we ended up making...well...it's blackmail fodder, that's for sure.

Up Next - Who drooled more?
Old 11-09-2009, 02:46 PM   #424
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

I would expect nothing less than a first stop in Adventureland from a couple of pirates.

That whole area is one of my favorites too I always feel emerced in the magic when I'm over there.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 11-09-2009, 02:46 PM   #425
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Well, ya'll had a great day there. I hate I missed Legomom in June. So glad you two got to see her!

Old 11-09-2009, 03:04 PM   #426
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
I would expect nothing less than a first stop in Adventureland from a couple of pirates.
But of course.

Quote:
That whole area is one of my favorites too I always feel emerced in the magic when I'm over there.
Me, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Well, ya'll had a great day there. I hate I missed Legomom in June. So glad you two got to see her!
Oh, we had a wonderful time. And there's more to come!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 03:35 PM   #427
maroo
DIS Veteran

An UPDATE!!!

Woo Hoo! We have missed you!

Of course you headed to Pirates! What were we even thinking?!

I, too, am disturbed by the eye socket deal...

I have not had an uncomfortable DIS meet yet! It always seems like we really do "know" each other from the DIS - and it is like meeting an old friend!
Old 11-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #428
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Well, duh. Of course we headed to Adventureland and Pirates of the Caribbean. I mean, seriously. Who do you think we are?

Not only was it fitting for that to be our first ride of the trip, it was also a fitting place to meet our DIS friend.

Who shall be introduced momentarily.

After I annoy you by posting a whole bunch of pictures first and prolonging the moment of anticipation to the point where you want to unsubscribe but you just know you can't because you have to see who it is!!!! MWA HA HA!!!!
So, do I get to unsubscribe??........since I already know who I am?...

NEVER!!!!!!!

It's highly appropriate that you chose today to post this. For the first time in a long time, I'm having a major "I miss Disney" day.... Reading your update is bringing me back and that's a good thing...

Quote:

-Does anyone else besides me find it a little disturbing that the telescope is coming out of his eye socket???-
Well now that you've pointed it out......

Quote:
Anyway, Tink and I had some fun taking some photos on our walk over to Adventureland, and of course, in front of the Pirates ride. I just want to take a moment here to tell you how at home I feel in this particular part of the park. And I mean this in all seriousness. With music playing in the background from the POTC soundtracks, with possible Jack Sparrow sightings at the Pirate Tutorials, and with all of the pirate decor, feel, magic in the air...well, it's just...wonderful. I get that same feeling by staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort, except different. There it's more relaxed, and here it's more exciting! You're in the Magic Kingdom, you're about to go on Pirates, as soon as you find....

that's right! It's LEGOMOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude. I was really tan!! Now, not so much....

Quote:
Now I'm not sure preciesly how this came about. Sort of that Tink and I knew at the time LegoMom was living in Florida, and that we really enjoyed her brand of wit and charm, and hey, maybe she would like to join us for a day on our trip. Also, that I had a teensy tiny DIS meet with her on my Pirate's Life for Three trip, and quite frankly, while enjoyable, it was so NOT enough.
Ok, hon, really??!...I'm so blushing!!

Quote:
And let me tell you, there was no one more accomodating, more, I'm just along on your ride, more, do what you like and I'll follow than our dear LegoMom. But more on that later.

I was so excited to meet her! I mean, I'd already met her, but I was excited to meet her and get to spend some time with her in the happiest place on earth! Big hugs were exchanged all around, and we were laughing and chatting like old friends in no time.
Best. Day. Ever.

Quote:
Without further ado, it was time to go ride Pirates!

But not without a little fun in the process. There was no line, so we enjoyed a leisurely stroll through the queue. At which point I instructed Tink and LegoMom to give me their best pirate ARRRRRRR!!!! and I snapped a couple of shots.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post those here. Suffice it to say, they're really funny, with the serious backdrop of the queue and the weird faces we ended up making...well...it's blackmail fodder, that's for sure.
.....you wouldn't!!.....would you?

Quote:
Up Next - Who drooled more?
Jury's still out......

Old 11-09-2009, 06:26 PM   #430
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Great update!

I've never noticed the telescope in the eye socket

An afternoon with girlfriends, what a perfect way to spend time at the MK

Old 11-09-2009, 06:32 PM   #431
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Kinda funny that you should post about POTC today. Guess what movie I finally watched today??? I kinda like that Jack character

Old 11-09-2009, 07:09 PM   #432
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Ah, Aloha Isle -- how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

How cool that you were able to meet up with LegoMom and enjoy Adventureland with her! Sure would love to see those queue pictures!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:56 AM   #433
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
An UPDATE!!!

Woo Hoo! We have missed you!
Aw, shucks.

Quote:
Of course you headed to Pirates! What were we even thinking?!

I, too, am disturbed by the eye socket deal...
Honestly, I never noticed that until now.

Quote:
I have not had an uncomfortable DIS meet yet! It always seems like we really do "know" each other from the DIS - and it is like meeting an old friend!
I agree!
[QUOTE=LegoMom3;34268545]So, do I get to unsubscribe??........since I already know who I am?...

NEVER!!!!!!!

It's highly appropriate that you chose today to post this. For the first time in a long time, I'm having a major "I miss Disney" day.... Reading your update is bringing me back and that's a good thing...[/Q"UOTE]

Oh, I have so much more to say about this day, so if it makes you feel any better you can keep reliving it for a couple of weeks now. Since I seem to be averaging one update a week, I hope that helps with your "I miss Disney."

Quote:
Dude. I was really tan!! Now, not so much....
That's one of my favorite pictures of you.

Quote:
Ok, hon, really??!...I'm so blushing!!
You were fantastic company.

Quote:
Best. Day. Ever.

Quote:
.....you wouldn't!!.....would you?
mwa ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I find the eye socket disturbing.
I guess it's very pirate-y.

Quote:
I would have been disappointed had you NOT gone to POTC first!

I can't wait to find out who drooled more!

Indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Great update!

I've never noticed the telescope in the eye socket
Who knew?

Quote:
An afternoon with girlfriends, what a perfect way to spend time at the MK
It was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Kinda funny that you should post about POTC today. Guess what movie I finally watched today??? I kinda like that Jack character
YAY!!!!!

I'm so glad you finally watched it! In its entirety! Go Heidi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Ah, Aloha Isle -- how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
Mhmm, girlfriend.

Quote:
How cool that you were able to meet up with LegoMom and enjoy Adventureland with her! Sure would love to see those queue pictures!
Ha ha. I think LegoMom may fight to the death on those.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:24 AM   #434
TarzansKat

Photobucket, why have you forsaken me?

Alright, I don't know why, but every now and then I have a horrific time with photobucket. As in it decides to shut down all the internet windows I have open. It's a pain in the...ahem.

Anyway, I plan to write the next chapter, but it may not have all the photos I want. Those will most likely be included in a separate update once photobucket stops forsaking me.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:27 AM   #435
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Alright, I don't know why, but every now and then I have a horrific time with photobucket. As in it decides to shut down all the internet windows I have open. It's a pain in the...ahem.

Anyway, I plan to write the next chapter, but it may not have all the photos I want. Those will most likely be included in a separate update once photobucket stops forsaking me.
YAY something to look forward to today!!! Can't wait TK!!!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: