Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2009, 08:29 AM   #346
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Backhanded compliment....

(I'm not one to talk! I know! As soon as midterms are over, I'll have more time.)
Old 11-08-2009, 08:46 AM   #347
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
Backhanded compliment....

(I'm not one to talk! I know! As soon as midterms are over, I'll have more time.)
I actually have my update written, I just have to make sure all my pictures are good to go. Should be today for sure!! It's so much easier to keep up with other TR/PTRs than my own!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2009, 09:16 AM   #348
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
It took me HOURS the other day to catchup on most of what I have in my subscriptions! I think I'm still missing one or two!

Of course, I can't wait for another update. But I was glad it didn't happen while I was gone
Old 11-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #349
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

After Disney Quest, for the rest of this day our schedule was come-what-may. We had a dinner ADR at Planet Hollywood for just the kids and I and then after hooking back up with George, our options were back to Disney Quest, shopping, back to the resort… whatever we felt like doing. We said our goodbyes to George and decided when we’d meet back up and started to meander over to Planet Hollywood taking a few pictures along the way.

Ariana loved this hot air balloon and desperately wanted to ride in it. No thanks! I’m happy just watching it from the ground!

I love this movie.

I was excited about Planet Hollywood. George and I had been a long, long time ago and I knew that the kids, especially Alex would like all the displays of movie items. The atmosphere that I remembered was fun and busy and one big celebration so I thought it would be a good fit with the rest of our day.

We had a zero wait after checking in and were led to our table right away. This was our view when I looked up and it distracted me the entire meal….

That movie creeped me out when I was younger and I still shudder thinking about it.

This place was packed, I mean PACKED! They put the tables very close together and I found it difficult to maneuver around let alone try to have a conversation with anyone. Add the noise level and it was darn close to requiring sign language and hand gestures to talk to each other and our waiter. It was a bit busier and louder than I remembered, but we were still having fun.

After we’d ordered and were enjoying our drinks, we spent much of the time looking at everything all around us. We were right next to a huge video screen that alternated between music videos to movie previews to interviews… There were other TVs scattered about that sometimes played the same thing as the huge video screen and sometimes didn’t. We sadly found ourselves watching the TVs more than talking to one another.

I messed around a bit with the panoramic feature on my camera. Here are two views from our table.

Now the hard part about this meal. I’m pretty sure we had a waiter that was new. He was nice enough and while we’re usually very patient when it comes to service, he would disappear for looooong periods of time. I don’t mean, “take your time, enjoy your meal while you talk periods of time”, I mean, “Oh my gosh, where did he GO?” periods of time. It took just under an hour for our orders to arrive and while they were delicious, the shine had rubbed off a bit with the wait.

I had the Sizzling Fajitas, Alex and Demetri both had Spaghetti Pomodoro and Ariana had a plain penne pasta dish. We each thought our dinners were very, very good and the portions were generous.

Our finished plates awaiting our waiter’s return, I asked Alex if he wanted to wander with the camera and take pictures of any of the displays. He eagerly set off and came back about ten minutes later with these…

Eventually, I’d had to ask another waiter to clear our plates for us and then our waiter came back to take our dessert orders. We all opted for soft serve ice cream

and shortly after we finished up and headed out. Overall we liked Planet Hollywood but we didn’t love it. George was right (don’t tell him I said so ) not coming to this one, he would have hated it.

We had a good twenty minutes before our scheduled meet back up with George so we leisurely made our way over to our meet spot, and I (surprise!) took some pictures along the way.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST.

Last edited by Mickey_Mom; 11-08-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:46 AM   #350
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

We knew we had to make it back here to go inside!

Poor unfortunate Ursula!

Gotta get this one!

Next up... Reunited for Shopping!
Old 11-08-2009, 10:00 AM   #351
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Cool panoramic shots! I wish my camera had something like that.

Bummer about it taking so long for your food to come at Planet Hollywood. That sort of happened to us at the Rainforest Cafe where our waitress would disappear for a while.

Can't wait to hear about your shopping...one of my favorite things to do in WDW!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 11-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #352
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Cool panoramic shots! I wish my camera had something like that.

Bummer about it taking so long for your food to come at Planet Hollywood. That sort of happened to us at the Rainforest Cafe where our waitress would disappear for a while.

Can't wait to hear about your shopping...one of my favorite things to do in WDW!
I meant to take more panoramic shots this trip but I usually forgot I could do that

I can usually brush off slow service but this was sooo bad it really was the difference between a good time and a great time. I really wanted a GREAT time.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:09 AM   #353
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
It took me HOURS the other day to catchup on most of what I have in my subscriptions! I think I'm still missing one or two!

Of course, I can't wait for another update. But I was glad it didn't happen while I was gone
I was waiting for you to come back from your trip.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #354
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Planet Hollywood looks really cool, but I too would be so distracted by the TVs, the noise, and the stuff to look at.

What movie was that creepy thing from, by the way? It looked like Tarzan....
Old 11-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #355
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
Planet Hollywood looks really cool, but I too would be so distracted by the TVs, the noise, and the stuff to look at.

What movie was that creepy thing from, by the way? It looked like Tarzan....
The Fly with Jeff Goldblum ---- blech!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #356
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Great photos! I have not been inside a planet hollywood forever! bummer on the waiting, but glad the food was decent. I love the hotair balloon, too! Expensive to do it, though, isn't it? The ride up and down is not that exciting, unlike a real hotair balloon where it will travel... plenty of other good stuff to do at Disney! Looking forward to your shopping fun!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 11-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #357
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Great updates. We really liked Planet Hollywood when we went in 2006, but for some reason it is just not a place we ever think about going back to, but those fajitas look good.

We did T-Rex on our December 2008 trip and LOVED the atmosphere. The food is comparable to Rainforest which we love, hope you made it back to take a peek in it.

Cant wait to hear about the shopping...
Old 11-08-2009, 02:26 PM   #358
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

I'm glad your meal at PH was somewhat enjoyable! We went there in 05 and I also remember it being very loud!! The conversation DH & I had consisted of "WHAT?!"

You have to try T-Rex! It's a lot of fun! The food is very similar to PH and it's just a neat place. Especially with the kids! It only gets really loud when the meteor shower happens, which I think is every 15 minutes!
Old 11-08-2009, 05:12 PM   #359
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Great photos! I have not been inside a planet hollywood forever! bummer on the waiting, but glad the food was decent. I love the hotair balloon, too! Expensive to do it, though, isn't it? The ride up and down is not that exciting, unlike a real hotair balloon where it will travel... plenty of other good stuff to do at Disney! Looking forward to your shopping fun!
I think it is expensive but the visions of anyone falling out would greatly hinder my ability to have a good time. Speed.. yes! Height... no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
Great updates. We really liked Planet Hollywood when we went in 2006, but for some reason it is just not a place we ever think about going back to, but those fajitas look good.

We did T-Rex on our December 2008 trip and LOVED the atmosphere. The food is comparable to Rainforest which we love, hope you made it back to take a peek in it.

Cant wait to hear about the shopping...
Mmmmmm, the fajitas were tasty. I'm glad we went but its not anything we'd plan again. It was hopping when we went downstairs on the way out!

Yep, we squeaked T-Rex in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
I'm glad your meal at PH was somewhat enjoyable! We went there in 05 and I also remember it being very loud!! The conversation DH & I had consisted of "WHAT?!"

You have to try T-Rex! It's a lot of fun! The food is very similar to PH and it's just a neat place. Especially with the kids! It only gets really loud when the meteor shower happens, which I think is every 15 minutes!
Exactly!

We definately want to try T-Rex but we have a new favorite TS for DTD that we tried by accident as a walk in and LOVED!!
Old 11-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #360
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

First off, I am loving the pictures in your siggie! Too cute.

Too bad Planet Hollywood was less than impressive. I think I want to try it someday just to see all the movie stuff. I love that kind of stuff!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: