Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 09:02 PM   #151
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,059

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka-mad4themouse View Post
The promotion was sent in a separate flyer via snail mail.
I received the flyer as well as an email. There were 2 times last year that I only received it in my email.
__________________
1976 Main Gate, 1976 Lake Buena Vista
1977 Lake Buena Vista, 1978 Main Gate, 1979 Poly
1981 Poly & CR, 1982 Disney Villas, 1983 Poly
1984 Main Gate, 1985 Poly, 1986 DL xcountry trip
1987 Main Gate, 1989 DL xcountry trip, 1991 CBR
1992 POFQ, 1993 CBR, 1995 ASMu Magic Music Days
2000 CBR, 2001 CBR 2002 CBR, 2003 May CSR
2003 Aug WL, 2007 ASSp FD, 2008 May ASMu
2008 Sept/Oct ASMu FD w/DV
2009 May ASMu $500 (2)free gift card!
2010 Feb WL, 2010 Nov/Dec CBR,
2012 ASMu Family Suite, 2013 Caribe Royale
These are only the Disney trips!
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:41 PM   #152
mebfalcon
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 117

If I didn't get the flyer would I have any luck calling and asking about it?
mebfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-30-2009, 02:04 PM   #153
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,059

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebfalcon View Post
If I didn't get the flyer would I have any luck calling and asking about it?
What can it hurt. I did call prior to receiving mine. I received it late and the customer service person on the phone gave me the information to sign up.
800-300-8575
__________________
1976 Main Gate, 1976 Lake Buena Vista
1977 Lake Buena Vista, 1978 Main Gate, 1979 Poly
1981 Poly & CR, 1982 Disney Villas, 1983 Poly
1984 Main Gate, 1985 Poly, 1986 DL xcountry trip
1987 Main Gate, 1989 DL xcountry trip, 1991 CBR
1992 POFQ, 1993 CBR, 1995 ASMu Magic Music Days
2000 CBR, 2001 CBR 2002 CBR, 2003 May CSR
2003 Aug WL, 2007 ASSp FD, 2008 May ASMu
2008 Sept/Oct ASMu FD w/DV
2009 May ASMu $500 (2)free gift card!
2010 Feb WL, 2010 Nov/Dec CBR,
2012 ASMu Family Suite, 2013 Caribe Royale
These are only the Disney trips!
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:45 PM   #154
ShellyLynn3630
DIS Veteran
 
ShellyLynn3630's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North West Georgia
Posts: 2,577

We have two seperate accounts in our household and I signed up both of them. I wonder if I would be able to max out the 200 buck limit on both of them? I mean I know I can, but will they payout on both? Anyone ever did this?
ShellyLynn3630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:27 AM   #155
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,059

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyLynn3630 View Post
We have two seperate accounts in our household and I signed up both of them. I wonder if I would be able to max out the 200 buck limit on both of them? I mean I know I can, but will they payout on both? Anyone ever did this?
I seem to recall the offer said one per household. We haven't done it or both received the offer at the same time while living at the same address. Did you read all the small print? I don't have my offer anymore, sorry.
__________________
1976 Main Gate, 1976 Lake Buena Vista
1977 Lake Buena Vista, 1978 Main Gate, 1979 Poly
1981 Poly & CR, 1982 Disney Villas, 1983 Poly
1984 Main Gate, 1985 Poly, 1986 DL xcountry trip
1987 Main Gate, 1989 DL xcountry trip, 1991 CBR
1992 POFQ, 1993 CBR, 1995 ASMu Magic Music Days
2000 CBR, 2001 CBR 2002 CBR, 2003 May CSR
2003 Aug WL, 2007 ASSp FD, 2008 May ASMu
2008 Sept/Oct ASMu FD w/DV
2009 May ASMu $500 (2)free gift card!
2010 Feb WL, 2010 Nov/Dec CBR,
2012 ASMu Family Suite, 2013 Caribe Royale
These are only the Disney trips!
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:38 PM   #156
aka-mad4themouse
Budget Board Co-Host
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Between a rock & a hard place
Posts: 9,295

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyLynn3630 View Post
We have two seperate accounts in our household and I signed up both of them. I wonder if I would be able to max out the 200 buck limit on both of them? I mean I know I can, but will they payout on both? Anyone ever did this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
I seem to recall the offer said one per household. We haven't done it or both received the offer at the same time while living at the same address. Did you read all the small print? I don't have my offer anymore, sorry.
I have the offer in front of me and it reads "Only one consumer account per household is eligible to receive 5x rewards."

Of course, that doesn't mean that it may not slip though. I've never had offers for both of our accounts at the same time, so I can't say that Chase will or will not give the extra rewards to both accounts.
__________________
-insert clever observation here-
aka-mad4themouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #157
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,059

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka-mad4themouse View Post
I have the offer in front of me and it reads "Only one consumer account per household is eligible to receive 5x rewards."

Of course, that doesn't mean that it may not slip though. I've never had offers for both of our accounts at the same time, so I can't say that Chase will or will not give the extra rewards to both accounts.
Thanks. I seemed to recall having read that. I guess they go by address.
__________________
1976 Main Gate, 1976 Lake Buena Vista
1977 Lake Buena Vista, 1978 Main Gate, 1979 Poly
1981 Poly & CR, 1982 Disney Villas, 1983 Poly
1984 Main Gate, 1985 Poly, 1986 DL xcountry trip
1987 Main Gate, 1989 DL xcountry trip, 1991 CBR
1992 POFQ, 1993 CBR, 1995 ASMu Magic Music Days
2000 CBR, 2001 CBR 2002 CBR, 2003 May CSR
2003 Aug WL, 2007 ASSp FD, 2008 May ASMu
2008 Sept/Oct ASMu FD w/DV
2009 May ASMu $500 (2)free gift card!
2010 Feb WL, 2010 Nov/Dec CBR,
2012 ASMu Family Suite, 2013 Caribe Royale
These are only the Disney trips!
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:02 AM   #158
HappyHappy


Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmbar View Post
Does anyone know if the Disney Dining plan will count as dining? I am actually debating if we use the dining plan vs. actually paying at the restaurants. Won't that be something if they don't count.

Does anyone know who I call about finding out?

Thanks!
Well, I called the last time I received the promo and was told "Yes". When I never received 5x rewards for the dining plan, I called Visa back and was told that it was because it was not coded "dining" by Disney. I called Disney accounting and was told "sorry, can't help you."

If anyone had better luck, I would love to know how and who to call.
__________________
HappyHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:15 AM   #159
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,059

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappy View Post
Well, I called the last time I received the promo and was told "Yes". When I never received 5x rewards for the dining plan, I called Visa back and was told that it was because it was not coded "dining" by Disney. I called Disney accounting and was told "sorry, can't help you."

If anyone had better luck, I would love to know how and who to call.
They just lump all together on the charge-tickets, room and anything else.
__________________
1976 Main Gate, 1976 Lake Buena Vista
1977 Lake Buena Vista, 1978 Main Gate, 1979 Poly
1981 Poly & CR, 1982 Disney Villas, 1983 Poly
1984 Main Gate, 1985 Poly, 1986 DL xcountry trip
1987 Main Gate, 1989 DL xcountry trip, 1991 CBR
1992 POFQ, 1993 CBR, 1995 ASMu Magic Music Days
2000 CBR, 2001 CBR 2002 CBR, 2003 May CSR
2003 Aug WL, 2007 ASSp FD, 2008 May ASMu
2008 Sept/Oct ASMu FD w/DV
2009 May ASMu $500 (2)free gift card!
2010 Feb WL, 2010 Nov/Dec CBR,
2012 ASMu Family Suite, 2013 Caribe Royale
These are only the Disney trips!
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:13 AM   #160
Cmbar
DIS Veteran
 
Cmbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,585

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappy View Post
Well, I called the last time I received the promo and was told "Yes". When I never received 5x rewards for the dining plan, I called Visa back and was told that it was because it was not coded "dining" by Disney. I called Disney accounting and was told "sorry, can't help you."

If anyone had better luck, I would love to know how and who to call.
When you paid for the dining was it separately by itself (like we have to do when booking DVC) or was it within a package at the resort?

Surely, the restaurants would be considered dining and come up that way on a charge. I am considering doing that instead of paying outright for the dining plan. I don't think we will save much at all for the plan. Just prefer the convenience of it.
__________________
VBR and VGF August,2014, AKV Jambo Dec 2013, Wonder-Alaska Jul 13, Fantasy Jun-12, BCV Jan-11, Dream! Apr 3,2011, Western Magic DCL-Oct 30-2010,POP/BCV -June 10 SSR-Jan 10, BLT-Nov 09, POP June 09, All Star Sports Mar 09, Western Magic - Nov 08 SSR/Marriott Cypress Harbour Jul-08, GF-Nov 07, WL-Nov 06, CBR -Feb 06 POFQ/BWV -Feb 05, POP-Mar 04, DoubleTree DTD, Mar 03, POR-Mar 01 Dixie Landings (POR) HONEYMOON -Oct 1992


Cmbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #161
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran
 
HLAuburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 4,171

I signed up for the latest 5x promotion, but I can't remember the dates...maybe Oct, Nov, Dec? Anyway, our new statement came out today and it doesn't have any bonus points. Any idea when they might be posted? Next statement maybe?

I know there's usually a delay, but I wasn't sure how long. We'll be on our vaca when our next statement posts, so it would be nice to have some extra points! Thanks
__________________

HLAuburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:31 PM   #162
aka-mad4themouse
Budget Board Co-Host
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Between a rock & a hard place
Posts: 9,295

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
I signed up for the latest 5x promotion, but I can't remember the dates...maybe Oct, Nov, Dec? Anyway, our new statement came out today and it doesn't have any bonus points. Any idea when they might be posted? Next statement maybe?

I know there's usually a delay, but I wasn't sure how long. We'll be on our vaca when our next statement posts, so it would be nice to have some extra points! Thanks
Bonus rewards dollars are credited to your account 6-8 weeks after the purchase posts to your credit card account.
__________________
-insert clever observation here-
aka-mad4themouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:26 AM   #163
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,059

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka-mad4themouse View Post
Bonus rewards dollars are credited to your account 6-8 weeks after the purchase posts to your credit card account.
And the bonus (the extra 4%) will be paid on the actual month (1st - monthend) not on the statement cycle date.
__________________
1976 Main Gate, 1976 Lake Buena Vista
1977 Lake Buena Vista, 1978 Main Gate, 1979 Poly
1981 Poly & CR, 1982 Disney Villas, 1983 Poly
1984 Main Gate, 1985 Poly, 1986 DL xcountry trip
1987 Main Gate, 1989 DL xcountry trip, 1991 CBR
1992 POFQ, 1993 CBR, 1995 ASMu Magic Music Days
2000 CBR, 2001 CBR 2002 CBR, 2003 May CSR
2003 Aug WL, 2007 ASSp FD, 2008 May ASMu
2008 Sept/Oct ASMu FD w/DV
2009 May ASMu $500 (2)free gift card!
2010 Feb WL, 2010 Nov/Dec CBR,
2012 ASMu Family Suite, 2013 Caribe Royale
These are only the Disney trips!
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #164
HappyHappy


Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmbar View Post
When you paid for the dining was it separately by itself (like we have to do when booking DVC) or was it within a package at the resort?

Surely, the restaurants would be considered dining and come up that way on a charge. I am considering doing that instead of paying outright for the dining plan. I don't think we will save much at all for the plan. Just prefer the convenience of it.
I paid for dining plan separately (DVC). Didn't pay OOP at any Disney restaurants but assume you are correct. Paid for dining plan for family of twelve so I was disappointed to not get the bonus points for that charge
__________________
HappyHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #165
ShellyLynn3630
DIS Veteran
 
ShellyLynn3630's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North West Georgia
Posts: 2,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
I signed up for the latest 5x promotion, but I can't remember the dates...maybe Oct, Nov, Dec? Anyway, our new statement came out today and it doesn't have any bonus points. Any idea when they might be posted? Next statement maybe?

I know there's usually a delay, but I wasn't sure how long. We'll be on our vaca when our next statement posts, so it would be nice to have some extra points! Thanks
Were in the same boat, we will probably miss those extra points by one billing cycle while we are at Disney. Oh, well, I will use them on our next trip.
ShellyLynn3630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Three Quick VWL Questions Silver Queen DVC-Mousecellaneous 11 12-23-2009 01:22 PM
Living near the magic, questions??? suorkaterina The DIS Unplugged Podcast 25 09-24-2009 05:26 PM
$10 Chili's gift card - My Coke Rewards Rootskate Budget Board 27 09-11-2009 06:12 AM
Question to parents... JoyG Community Board 61 09-02-2009 11:49 AM
Success calling Chase to ask about 5X rewards? mrsklamc Budget Board 1 09-01-2009 06:42 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: